Profile for Susan M. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Susan M. Smith RSS Feed (Maryland, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Elements of Photography Pro
Elements of Photography Pro
Price: $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 6, 2015
This review is from: Elements of Photography Pro (App)
Lots of basics and good tips. Nice to have on my phone, on the go! www.susanmsmithphotography.com

Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1)
Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a matter of I simply chose towatch the show while channel surfing, October 2, 2014
Well. I don't normally write book reviews so I am no expert here. It is only my experience that I relate. I sort of accidentally came upon this subject due to the Starz program. It was a matter of I simply chose to watch the show while channel surfing. I guess I caught it about mid-showing, just before the wedding. So....I liked it right away because I am a history buff (and yes, I enjoy cross checking historical references from books or movies). For whatever weird reason, I felt a kinship with the story and setting. I think what really hooked me tho, was the sheer attraction between Jamie (what can I say?) and Claire. Damn, these two actors really make that passion, the tension of it, so real on screen. Also...I don't want to forget Dougal, who, in my opinion brings a really strong and passionate character to not only the clan, but to the Claire and Jamie relationship, as well. I know he gets a bit sleazy further on, but even in the beginning, you can see his passion for Claire. It just adds to the suspense. Watching just 5 recorded episodes (I guess i missed recording a few of the first...gotta catch up!) compelled me to buy the kindle edition of the books. I've finished the first (which had me going back and watching those episodes I'd recorded) and am now on the second (Dragonfly in Amber). I am still enthralled by the story. Even though I get a little exasperated at the assumptions and behavior and thought that Claire and Jamie put each other through, I find myself just waiting until they figure out what is really important. Their love scenes are well....,you just have to read it and make up your own mind as to whether that appeals to you or not. For me...it was a home run!! Love it. I plan on reading the whole series :) I fell like Starz, so far, has done a darn good jon of staying true to the books. This is a really enjoyable story, both for history buffs and romantics ;)

DeLonghi DCH1030 Safeheat 1500W Basic Ceramic Heater - Gray/Black
DeLonghi DCH1030 Safeheat 1500W Basic Ceramic Heater - Gray/Black
2 used & new from $38.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Pint sized power, November 13, 2013
I bought this to use as a personal heater at home. My office is in the basement and this takes the chill off easily. I also use it in our living room, a much larger space, where we aim it at ourselves if chilly (Coming from outside etc). I noticed whrn I left it on for a few hours the other day that it took the chill off the living room and the adjacent bedroom! Its small, quiet and powerful. Definately worth the reasonable price.

HN International Group Castle Hill 410 Thread Count 100-Percent Egyptian Cotton Queen Size Sheet Set White

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, November 5, 2013
My preferred thread count is 600 or up but I have tried some 400-ish thread counts recently. They are soft but they are very thin. Whisper soft, is what I would call them, and I initially felt that the softness would make up for the thinness and that they'd be great for warmer weather, perhaps. Now after a couple of weeks and washings they are pilling. To me, that is way worse than sheets that are a bit thin. Further, I keep worrying that they are gonna rip (I have dogs that sometimes get on the bed). I wouldn't buy them again based on the above.

Opteka SB-1 Universal Studio Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, & Other External Flash Units
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $9.95
3 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better speedlight results..., November 5, 2013
This does exactly what it is supposed to do (diffuse flash), it's easy to use and was inexpensive. I've taken it on and off a few times now and I have no reason to believe it won't last for a good amount of time. If you are looking for the best results from your speedlight, either on camera or off, this is worth having.

Marc Jacobs Daisy 0.24 oz Eau de Toilette Rollerball
Marc Jacobs Daisy 0.24 oz Eau de Toilette Rollerball
Offered by mindless entertainment
Price: $33.20
5 used & new from $29.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep smelling myself when I wear this!, February 22, 2013
That's how I can tell I like this above all others in my collection (Gucci Guilty, D&G The One, Jimmy Choo are some fav's). The scent mellows after applying and is long-lasting. I couldn't figure out what the scent note was that kept me so enchanted by this fragrance but after reading the description I realize it's the gardenia. It's like a wonderful undertone to the other soft floral (violet!) notes. Fantastic!

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Nikon EN-EL14, EN-EL14a and Nikon P7000, P7100, P7700, P7800, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5100, D5200, D5300, Df
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $32.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 22, 2013
This is a great set up and worth the money ($30ish) to get all of these options. I use the batteries in my D5100 and they last just as long as the OEM battery.

Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
Price: $54.88
156 used & new from $47.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves it!, February 22, 2013
Got this for my husband for Christmas, and he says it is perfect! He builds things (his 4-car garage, for example) and restores classic cars. He says the weight & power of this is perfect and the batteries are the best! He was borrowing his friends cordless power drill. Now the friend wants one of these.

Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl XLVII Champions Majestic "Champion Choice V" Hooded Sweatshirt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality...love it!, February 22, 2013
This is a quality fabric and very soft. I've worn it twice and washed it once (inside out). The inside of the fabric hasn't shed on me or in the wash. The details and stitching are all good quality. Love the dark grey color.

XOXO Women's XO5525 Tortoise Bracelet with Rhinestones on Rose Gold Case Watch
XOXO Women's XO5525 Tortoise Bracelet with Rhinestones on Rose Gold Case Watch
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great!, December 19, 2012
I've worn the watch at least 1/2 dozen times and so far I love it. I wanted a rose gold watch to go with my rose gold jewelry that I have (the necklace has brown stones) and it goes perfectly. The appearance of the gold, crystals, watch face and bracelet all appear like quality materials, so it doesn't look like a cheap watch. It also seems to be well put together. I took off one star for the clasp. It's a bit lightweight (more so than my Relic that has the same type clasp) and sounds a little clinky if the watch moves about on your arm/wrist. That's the only little thing I could nitpick. I'm sure this is just a rose gold finish (plated?) so I hope that it doesn't wear in places too soon!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4