Profile for Ladybirdlady > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ladybirdlady "vanilla_lm" RSS Feed

Caribbean recipes "Old & New": Caribbean
Caribbean recipes "Old & New": Caribbean
by Laurel Ann Morley
14 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic Cookbook!, February 6, 2011
So much more than just a cookbook, this is more like a Caribbean food bible. The beautiful paintings by the author's father, the warm, relaxed writing style, and of course the delicious and bountiful recipes- all these help transport the reader to a more tropical landscape. And the Rum Punch is just about the Best Goddamn Rum Punch I've ever tasted!

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story
by Ree Drummond
Price: $20.56
202 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., February 3, 2011
I'll preface my review by saying that I do like Ree's blog, and I read Black Heels there shortly after discovering her site and enjoyed it. This book is mostly the same thing, a cute little love story, but ultimately lacking substance, and not particularly well written/edited. You'd be better off reading the story on the blog, and if you have already you're really not getting much more for your money. Fortunately it was a gift, so I don't feel too disappointed.

I know it sounds petty, but it also seems like she's trying to re-write her own history a little as well. Wasn't there a mutual friend involved in their first meeting? And four years studying in LA does not make you a city girl, but I guess the "town mouse and country mouse" angle is more appealing.

It's not a bad book, but it's a very basic romance novel and I'd suggest to readers not to expect much more.