Profile for Todd Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Todd Smith "Hot Toddy" RSS Feed (Pawling, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Faringdon Plastic Spaghetti Measure
Faringdon Plastic Spaghetti Measure
Offered by Colanderscookware
Price: $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ounces = Serving x 4, November 7, 2014
I've been counting calories and losing weight, bought this spaghetti stick and a digital scale to get some insight into my spaghetti eating.

My box of Barilla spaghetti says that (1) serving is 2 ounces, so I figured the serving size on the spaghetti stick was the same, I was wrong. 1 serving per the spaghetti stick is almost 4 ounces, or (2) servings per the nutrition info on the box of spaghetti.

The serving size on this spaghetti stick is a nice, comfortable amount to eat, but, it is 4 ounces, or (2) servings per the nutrition information on the box of spaghetti. The 3/4 serving on the stick is 3 ounces, or (1.5) servings per the box of spaghetti.

Hope this makes sense.

The stick itself is nice, tucks away in the drawer quite nicely.

Zamberlan Men's 996 Vioz GT Hiking Boot,Dark Grey,10.5 M US
Zamberlan Men's 996 Vioz GT Hiking Boot,Dark Grey,10.5 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Boots, just not for me..., August 22, 2014
These are definitely quality boots. With medium-heavy backpacking boots such as these, fit is everything. I had a pair of Asolo TPS 520s that lasted 7 years with no maintenance. These Zamberlans are on the same level of quality, maybe even better. It was time to replace the Asolos, so I tried these Zamberlans and the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX. (The 'Pro GTX' words seems unnecessary).
In the end, I went with the Scarpa Kinesis. They just seemed to fit my feet better, though the Zamberlans were very nice boots. If you're getting into hiking for fitness and weight loss, theses boots will help you. Carrying around 40 lbs of body fat is basically the same as carrying a 40 lb pack. These will protect your ankles, and I'm sure the soles will provide plenty of grip. I may come back to Zamberlan should the Scarpas not work out.

Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Raglan Tee, Stealth, Large
Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Raglan Tee, Stealth, Large
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tea Shirt, August 7, 2014
A good shirt. I also bought the equivalent by Champion, no real differences. Good for sweaty workouts. I would prefer a chest pocket.

Griffin 3m USB to Lightning Cable (GC36633)
Griffin 3m USB to Lightning Cable (GC36633)
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $18.67
21 used & new from $18.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Reliable, but a well made cable., July 15, 2014
I had the old style (30-pin?) Griffin Cables, and they worked great, long, sturdy. Great. I used them for battery charging, not for data transfer.
Anyway, I upgraded to an iPhone 5s, so I bought two of these, again, just to keep me charged, not for syncing/data transfer. My iPhone constantly gives me pops up, stating that this is not a certified cable, etc. as time passed, it stopped charging my phone. It still works intermittently, bit it is not reliable.
I get the feeling that this is not necessarily Griffin's fault, it could very well be Apple pulling some shenanigans. I do not like the fact that Apple does not offer a cable as long as these Griffin beauties. If Grif could make a "certified" adapter, I would buy it. The cables themselves are well made, they just "don't work good". :-(

Champion Men's Tagless Short-Sleeve Ringer T-Shirt, white/team blue, Large
Champion Men's Tagless Short-Sleeve Ringer T-Shirt, white/team blue, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ringer, December 2, 2012
I love these shirts.

They fit me very well, I've always loved ringers.

And they are cheap. If you go camping and ruin one, who cares? BUY ANOTHER!

The Caribbean 2012 Wall Calendar 12" X 12"
The Caribbean 2012 Wall Calendar 12" X 12"

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, whatever, December 2, 2012
I bought this for my office, to give me some uplifting Carribean scenery. For that it succeeded.

For my business, I need to see 1 month in advance, and 1 month in the past.

No fault of this calendar, but I need 3 month range.

ACCUSTAMP "COPY" Shutter Stamp with Microban Protection, Pre-Inked Red and Blue, Message Stamp (035532)
Price: $10.36
18 used & new from $5.76

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, December 2, 2012
nice. Works every time. I press down on the top, and the bottom of this thing spreads like butter. A nice two-tone stamp, and then I'm done. Had it for 2 years + now, very reliable...

Paper Mate InkJoy 700 RT Retractable Medium Point Advanced Ink Pens, 4 Blue Ink White Body Pens (1781585)
Price: $7.91
7 used & new from $5.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost good, December 2, 2012
I bought a five-pack for work and home, and I liked these pens.

The first one I used, I spent all of the ink. It was a very reliable pen.

The second one seems to "glob out" big chunks of ink, makes a tiny mess.

These are good pens, but not super-good. I will probably buy more...

Top Of The World
Top Of The World
Price: $10.00
47 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Why aren't these guys more famous?!, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Top Of The World (Audio CD)
I recently discovered Stoopid, and I can't get enough. These guys are the best!

The interplay between Miles and Kyle is great.

I saw the Karl Denson with Kyle, OG and De-La paying tribute to the Beasties; what a great show!

I know it wasn't Kyle that did the Horowitz part, but that guy was amazing! OG?

Everything You Need
Everything You Need
Price: $12.99
53 used & new from $3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Everything You Need (Audio CD)
I only discovered Stoopid 2 years ago, so I am a neophyte, but I just can't get enough of this album.

It is hard to find a weak point on this album.

"Sweet Honey" drew me in, but I soon realized that "Officer", "Runnin' With a Gun", "Killin' Me Deep Inside", "Wicked Rebel", and of course, "Collie Man".

This is a FIVE-STAR album. Every song is quite solid, and worth re-visiting. I love STOOPID!

Page: 1 | 2