Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for THE AUTISTIC WEREWOLF > Reviews

Browse

THE AUTISTIC WER...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 784

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

THE AUTISTIC WEREWOLF "THE AUTISTIC WEREWOLF" RSS Feed (Baltimore County, Maryland USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Empire Level 4004 48-Inch Aluminum Straight Edge
Empire Level 4004 48-Inch Aluminum Straight Edge
Offered by sushka
Price: $12.90
17 used & new from $6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Ruler for the price, June 12, 2016
A good quality LONG ruler just be aware that the numbers are only painted on. If youo scrub this ruler clean for any reason you will have the best looking aluminum stick ever.

Time Out of Mind [Blu-ray]
Time Out of Mind [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Richard Gere
Offered by Prime Merchant
Price: $21.44
26 used & new from $3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this movie for all it got right exposing homelessness issues I just wish it had done a tad more! This is a must buy!, June 12, 2016
A rather haunting look into what it is really like to be homeless. As great as this movie about living on the streets was it does not come close to the real life hell of being homeless. While not perfect Time Out of Mind gets so many things right. Time Out of Mind is a movie that occurs mostly in the edges of your awareness. You seldom see the main homeless charcter in an traditional close up or other intimate shot. The homeless guy is always somewhere in the margins of the reality the film presents. Generally most of the people this homeless guy encounters are nice. There are a few scenes where the homeless guy gets roughed up but nothing too bad.

In real life being homeless is an ugly mean struggle and people who are housed are no where near as nice as the majority of those the homeless guy in the film encounters. Yet again there are so many demoralizing and demeaning things the homeless guy suffers. So many Catch 22 Situations the rules and laws force him into. The mission scenes seem to come right out of a Nazi concentration camp it is heart breaking to see some of what the homeless guy suffers.

This film brings to light how bad the systems in place now are at serving the true needs of the homeless. The film did not bring into focus the thousands of indignities homeless people suffer in a day everyday on the streets. The film focused on presenting the homeless as being fixtures of urban life so commonplace that it neither shocks or offends us as individuals or as a nation. The real power behind Time Out of Mind is that it always shows the homeless guy in the margins of the visual narrative. So many of us me included have atught ourselves to see "The Homeless" in our travels but never quite as people but more like part of the urban landscape.

The homeless are always seen in a very detached third \ fourth person sort of way and this film brings that to the fore. Time Out of Mind shows how our perspective of looking past the homeless is part of our urban survival strategy. The homeless guy is always seen in this film in the context with another thing, object or place. The homeless guy is always appears like a side order or an afterthought in the film and this was done purposely in hopes it makes the viewer think. People think death is the greatest horror one can experience and yeah DEATH is a big deal.

This movie shows what any chronically homeless man, woman or child can tell you. Being invisible within hustle and bustle of the urban landscape is a darn sight more horrorific than being dead. The dead are noticed at least for the time it takes to cart them away. The homeless are the dead who walk among us suffering a life that has had most of its dignity removed, To need money for a cup of coffee and immediately be feared as a freak, dope addict or ex con. I was told by a homeless friend that thing he hated most about being homeless is the lengths some people will go through to avoid making I contact with him. I wish Time Out of Mind had shown how some people fight to avoid all eye contact.

I was walking downtown one day and a little girl with her mom walked past a dude sitting on a curb dirty, smelly and homeless. The little girl wanted to give the man the five dollars from her little purse. I remember seeing her mom get very upset smacking the child telling her, "What did I tell you about looking at those people!" And you want to know why homeless people are invisible its because; we teach other children not to see the homeless from a very early age. This film shows the result of being taught to look past the homeless. Oh we see the homeless as potential threats to be managed as we move through out day in the city. Walk on the other side of the street, avoid talking, avoid eye contact, put a blank or scowling expression on your face. Be deliberate in your walking, ignore pleas for help. Assume everyone who is homeless is a dope addict, ex convict or moral reprobate.

I wish this movie had shown the real ways people respond to a homeless man who was not a convict, not an alcoholic, not a dope addict just a man who lost his home. The saddest thing is we most of us including me always assume if a man is homeless he had to do something wrong to get thrown out onto the streets. He must be a doper, an alcoholic, a criminal or a person of low moral character. Sometimes you end up on the streets just because; your life falls apart. Heck it can be simple as the only job you were good at no longer exists so you have no income soon you have no house and you are homeless. The movie suggests this guy just lost everything but, I wish the link were made stronger. I loved this movie for all it got right I just wish it had done a tad more!

Samsung UN32J5003 32-Inch 1080p LED TV (2015 Model)
Samsung UN32J5003 32-Inch 1080p LED TV (2015 Model)
Price: Click here to see our price
33 used & new from $150.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD TV FOR THE MONEY BUT, THE DESIGN NEEDS WORK. WITH A FEW CHANGES THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT BUDGET PRICED TV!, June 12, 2016
The picture quality is not good when used as a TV or a computer monitor via HDMI The resolution of things on the screen is terrible. Fuzzy letters, motion blur and all sort of other video issues. The audio from this TV is better than I expected. The sound is very loud without distortion The person who developed the system for attaching the two feet stand to the TV case should be fired on the spot. The screw posts are way up inside the feet and you must have a long screw driver, luck and steady hands to guess where the screw is and hopefully tighten it into the TV housing to hold on each foot.

Oh yes I know this is an extreme budge TV so everything about it is going to be done on the cheap and I am ok with that. Cheap does not excuse bad engineering. There are so many easy cheap ways to attach the feet to the TV that this blind screw based system is a travesty. I am not taking off for the less than stallar TV picture because; it is a very cheap unit and you get what you pay for. The sound quality is better than expected so I added a star for that.

I am taking two stars off for the lame blind screw based way the feet attach to the TV screen. A five year old could design a better way to hold a TV than that garage stand that comes with this cheap TV. There is nothing at all wrong with selling a budget priced bare bones TV which this is. However a cheap price does not excuse bad design and engineering. Generally Samsung delivers a quality product at most price points however this offering missed the mark. This is not a bad TV it just could have been so much better if someone actually took time to make cheap common sense changes.

Wolf Scent (Mountain Wolves Book 1)
Wolf Scent (Mountain Wolves Book 1)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS AUTHOR NEEDS TO LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STORY ARC & A NEW STORYLINE - AN OK PLOT BUT SO NOT WORTHE THE MONEY., June 12, 2016
Ending a book in a cliff hanger filled nonsense is a sure sign of an insecure author. The Mountain Wolves Series has the money grubbing insecure author scent going on BIG TIME! Wolf Scent (Book 1) is a very nice tiny booklet but not a fully developed story worthy of the discriptive term BOOK! Wolf Scent is an elongated opening to a story. Wolf Scent does not tell a real story in itself. Wolf Scent is reads more like a gay hookup tale that became a Long Term Relationship. The (Mountain Wolves) Series is in effect a six short act play that you are forced to buy one act at a time. In effect (Mountain Wolves) is a single story you pay for six times act by act.

The acts are not bad but they are short and crammed with unneccessary filler so readers are duped into thinking they got value for their money which in fact they did not. Each act of this (Mountain Wolves) six act series ends in a pathetic cliff hanger that begs for more money to read the rest. I brought all six installments for about $19.00 and yeah I was burned ill used cheated for sure. However I love the werewolf themed gay storylines and while this one is not too good it is adequate to fill my needs.

The plot moves slowly and predictably. The action scenes are few and far between. The characters are pretty well developed since each act is so limited in focus. The backstory was pretty good better than most. The gay love scenes were totally predictable yet adequate for an author who is not a gay man. If all six of these so called books were sold as one story it would bew worth oh $10 maybe. $19.00 is highway robberyfor the short length of each act, addiction to cliff hangers and medium to low quality of this series.

I brought these werewolf books because; hey I admit I am a sucker for gay werewolf themed books even series thatare really just one book stretched out to make the most money possible. So yes I brought the books and the story is ok but not worth $19.00. However like other reviewers I won't be buying any of this authors work ever again. A book should be a real book not lame short story with a cliff hanger ending. It is not the cliff hanger that is the real problem it is that the story was more like an act than a real story. The difference between a steak dinner and cotton candy. A good werewolf tale takes you for a wild ride tells a complete story that leaves you totally fulfilled yet still wanting more.

This Mountain Wolves series is more like cotton candy it is deceptively fuffy in page count but the stories are always underdeveloped twattle. This Mountain Wolves series was more like Saturday morning serial plays at the movies in the 1950's. The cliff hangers had more to do with getting you to return to the theatre next saturday for the next installment rather than telling a compelling story. I'm lucky enough to have money to waste on the werewolf books that are my passion. However if I were advising the public I'd say avoid this Mountain Wolves series because; it is just money grab that pretends each of its six acts in the story are books. No a real book has meat on its bones. A Real book leaves you fulfilled after the thrill ride of your life. A real book gives you a since of full closure with the previous book and opens a completely new story with the next book. This Mountain Wolves series are continuation story arcs dressed up to appear to be books in their own right. This author does not know that a atory arc is NOT a true book. The biker gang was not a new story they are an arc of the first book..

Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets
Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets
Price: $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Cadillac Man for the blessing you have been in my & so many other lives. You live forever in my prayers sir., June 8, 2016
I am autistic and I also have 13 other disabilities. Reading and writing has always come hard to me but I do enjoy reading immensely. I'm an old autistic werewolf so I have been reading books for over 50 years now. Growing up disabled and autistic I was a nerd \ geek so I spent most of my childhood in libraries. Readong became my my most treasured passion in a life where sports and other such childhood pursuits were too often out of my reach. So for me reading was my refuge from the mean streets. I share this so when you hear me say this is the best book I've ever read you know my background as a reader and lover of great books.

I don't throw around the term "MUST READ" lightly. However Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets has moved me so profoundly as to leave me without words enugh to convey my awe. I spent my youth helping the homeless when I was so totally idealistic. I know the things Cadillac Mn speaks of in his book are true to what it is to live on inner city streets. I helped homeless people and even I never could write about the experience with the insight and passion Cadillac Man has managed.

This book is a must read because; better than any other book I've read on homelessness Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets is an uncompromised look into life as it is experienced by a homeless man. I've rarely if ever been afraid of homeless peope but I've always been careful in their midst till I know them but that is true with anyone. Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets brought me to tears more than a few times. Penny wormed her way into my heart. Also the gentleman who talked constantly on the street corner so much like me enjoyed the sound of his own voice. When he was killed by the moving van my heart sunk because; he is the one character in the book that is most like me.

What makes Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets an awesome read is the fact that every word was tugged from a caring heart of a wounded man who is no stranger to struggle. I am reasonably certain that in life I will never read any book powerful as this other than the Holy Bible. Thank you Cadillac Man for the blessing you have been in my life. You shall remain in my prayers sir.

Each Train was a Train of Death. Short Story Collection: A Tale of the Holocaust

5.0 out of 5 stars A POWER PACKED TEENY SMALL BOOK!, May 17, 2016
When I say this short story was predictable don't take that the wrong way. This is a story about what it was like going to a death camp during the Nazi \ Jewish Holocaust. Of course it is predictable because this story is a reflection of history. Unfortunately we all know what happened to jews and other hated people when the psychotic Nazi's did their evil. Dark yeah that too because what can be darker than genocide.. Well you get the gist The story is a typical telling of what the monster Nazi's did during their final solution to the jewish problem. The stories were well told and realistic. This is a tiny small book so don't expect too much. For the tiny small book it was worth the read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2016 5:06 AM PDT

PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller (Urban Camouflage) - Playstation 3
Offered by PNP Games
Price: $62.95
42 used & new from $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A standard PS3 controller with a unique difference - digital camo WOW!, May 17, 2016
This is just a standard PS3 6 axis controller all done up in digital camo pattern and it is very nice yet different. The game play is unaffacted by this controllers unique look. Everything you expect from a good PS3 controller with a look that is really nice. I just happened to see this when it was cheaper than the basic versions elsewhere so I brought two of them. I have had this controller for going on a few years now and they have served me well. Still using both to great effect.

Stanley 15-206 Jab Saw with Wood Handle
Stanley 15-206 Jab Saw with Wood Handle
Price: $5.94
35 used & new from $3.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Stanley 15-206 Jab Saw with Wood Handle ... Quality works as expected!, May 17, 2016
Drywall is hard to cut when you just need to make a hole for a light switch or some other wrid things. This little saw makes cutting a non standard opening in drywall a breeze. Drive a hole in the center of the section you want to remove then saw around the edges till the shape you want to remove is excized. The saw is strudy and easy to handle even with my cerebral palsy.

Centrum Silver Men 50+-Super Pack-400-Count Package
Centrum Silver Men 50+-Super Pack-400-Count Package
Offered by USA Online Bargains
Price: $54.55
8 used & new from $43.27

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM AN OLD AUTISTIC WEREWOLF NOW SO I MIGHT NEED VITAMINS... I GUESS I AM TIRED, RUN DOWN & LISTLESS!, May 17, 2016
I am an old man now.so I need my vitamins or so I am told. I have no real clue about vitamins so I am taking this Centrum Silver Men 50+-Super Pack with 400 pills inside. I brought two bottles in hopes this helps me get all the vitamins I need to survive and trive. The pills are big like horse pills about the size of a fat Metformin. The pills aren't particularly nasty and there is no after taste to speak of.

TP-LINK 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch (TL-SG1005D)
TP-LINK 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch (TL-SG1005D)
Price: $17.95
93 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS WAS A SWITCH FOR THE BETTER ON MY HOME NETWORK..., May 17, 2016
Technically all you care about when looking at this product is does it work as expected. In my experience with this TP-LINK 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch it works just fine. I needed a switch to reach my playstation 3 and for on my home network and this switch fits the bill nicely. This was a cheap easy solution I had working within 4 minutes after taking it from its tiny little box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20