Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for THE AUTISTIC WEREWOLF > Reviews

Browse

THE AUTISTIC WER...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 679

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

THE AUTISTIC WEREWOLF "Wolf" RSS Feed (Baltimore County, Maryland USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty
Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives a new meaning to we will eat dirt and grass if that is required to get an A BOMB!, August 24, 2015
Insights too the dysfunctional family that is North Korea headed by a great leader father figure. This book reveals the contradictions and just plain bat-dung crazy stuff that passes for normal life in North Korea. This is a personality cult that has bested Stalin. Joe Stalin would have lived in constant despair and died with abject envy of the sick twisted police state North Korea has become. Compared to North Korea Stalin was but an upstart a primitive novice at building a personality cult driven communist police state. North Korea could have taught Adolf Hitler a few things about how to keep a people down using brain washing and internal re-education camps. The loving care of the fatherly leader yeah right, reading this book is almost sickening not because it is a bad book but because it is so good. This book reveals things about the daily suffering of the North Korean people that would make the normal caring human heartsick. I'm an old gray autistic werewolf not usually given to the weakness of human compassion but in this rare case even I was moved almost to tears at the suffering of everyday North Korean folks recounted faithfully in this book.

This book is awesome because the truth about North Korea must be told. It is hard to believe the things in this book are true because no one wants to think humans could do such evil to another. Read this book and you can taste the death and suffering in North Korea, every word has power within. It is funny the South Korean Flag has the Yin Yang opposites and in reality South Korea is an economic powerhouse a driving force on the world stage. While North Korea is hardcore Ultra Stalinist communist economic and social basket-case run into the ground by a succession of imbed family nut jobs. In its attempt to get atomic weapons a Pakistani leader said we will eat dirt and grass if that is what it takes to get an A Bomb.

In North Korea the government literally made its population eat dirt and grass in its head long drive to get an A-Bomb. It is sad really.

The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia
The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia
Price: $8.44

5.0 out of 5 stars A RARE PEEK INSIDE THE CRAZY WORLD OF THE REAL LIFE FEARLESS LEADER ANGEL DARLING SWEETHEARTS THAT RULE NORTH KOREA!, August 24, 2015
I'm pretty sure the information in this book is largely spot on because; most everything I read about North Korea is effectively the same. There are slight variations but in effect the experiences shared by the different are largely the same. That said North Korea is the craziest place on Earth. If I hadn't known North Korea really exists, I'd swear the stories I hear about its government, its rulers and its history are the weird over the top fantasy of a kind found in Barbarella Queen of the Galaxy or (Brazil the campy Orwellian movie not the country)

The books read almost like spy novels because; every aspect of life in North Korea reads like a James Bond thriller without any of the lavish accompaniments. You must learn spy craft just to live in North Korea because anything that does not revolve tightly around the Little Father Angel Darling Sweethearts or whatever the Fearless Leader of North Korea is called today is treason. For all my lite hearted flippant talk about this book it is compelling and sad to hear of so much suffering by just plain common folk in North Korea. Hearing of people starving to death hurts my heart to a point words can explain. Hearing of people so starved that they don't stand because doing so burns to much energy saddens me greatly.

The really terrible thing is in the face of such horrid suffering we in the west are powerless to help North Korea working people because; the government would use whatever it saves to build Atomic bombs. North Korean communism is not the new communism lite like practiced in China and Vietnam. North Korean communism is full on Brutal Stalinist micromanagement personality cult communism that punishes you if you don't clean the portraits of the North Korean fearless leader angel darling sweethearts past and present.

Soft Heaven Mattress Cover - Luxury Organic Cotton - All Around Zipper - Non Skid Bottom - Hypoallergenic Bed Bug Dust Mite - Replacement Cover for 7", 8" or 9" Memory Foam or Latex or Conventional Mattress (Twin XL 38"x80")
Offered by Soft Heaven Mattress Cover

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT EXACTLY AN ALL COTTON MATTRESS COVER - MAN MADE FIBERS FORM THE BOTTOM OF THIS MATTRESS COVER SO BE FAIRLY WARNED, August 24, 2015
I didn't think I'd like this covering because it is not ALL COTTON! Only the top and sides of this covering is really 100% cotton. The entire bottom of this cover is some sort of weird man made fiber. I have allergies to man made fibers so for me the fact that this contains man made material is a lie that took two stars off my review. The Mattress cover itself is cotton and rather nice too thank you very much but the entire underside is some itchy icky manmade material. This pseudo-all cotton mattress works for me because; anything that does not directly touch my skin is something I can usually live with.

Yamaha YST-FSW050BL2 Subwoofer (Each, Black)
Yamaha YST-FSW050BL2 Subwoofer (Each, Black)
Price: $114.94
2 used & new from $103.45

5.0 out of 5 stars This Yahama Sub Woofer creates enough of a sonic BOOM to thrill you without killing your neighbors., August 24, 2015
BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM,! That's what a subwoofer should do and this one functions as expected. The lower ends of the sound spectrum are faithfully reproduced by this little Yamaha monster. This subwoofer is so easy to set up even the pigeons could successfully configure this device if they were yet sober. The sound quality is first rate and awesome for use in an apartment or condo just so long as you do not place it on the floor. I put my subwoofer in a cabinet so I get to enjoy the bass but it does not freak out the people below me. This Yamaha Subwoofer is the perfect compromise between making enough bass noise to make any viewing of movies, video game or listening to music awesome. However this subwoofer is not so loud as to jar your insides about like the ghetto blaster bass units you hear in certain cars on the roads. This Yamaha Subwoofer was the perfect match for my home at a price that could not be beat!

Invicta Men's 1435 Russian Diver Silver Dial Rubber Watch
Invicta Men's 1435 Russian Diver Silver Dial Rubber Watch
Price: $76.99
6 used & new from $76.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE CEREBRAL PALSY & LOVE BIG HEAVY WATCHES WITH BIG FACES. IF YOU HATE BIG HEAVY WATCHES SPARE YOURSELF BY LOOKING ELSEWHERE, August 24, 2015
This is a very heavy watch with a very large face so if either or both of those things matter to you consider yourself properly warned. I have bad vision so I like the face of my watch to be big with huge numbers set against a high contrast background. This watch fills the prescription for my low vision needs.

Extra Strong, High Magnetic Catch (2 Pk) - White/Nickel
Extra Strong, High Magnetic Catch (2 Pk) - White/Nickel
Offered by BCTC Products Deals
Price: $6.54
3 used & new from $1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Just give em a little tug and you will be fine., August 24, 2015
I had some raggity old Formica cabinet doors in my living room that were the very definition of word eyesore. So I had the ugly dinning room cabinet doors replaced with awesome looking painters grade natural maple wood doors. After the pretty new doors were installed they needed a closure system that made sure these rather large doors stayed shut, A small magnetic closure system would not work because the doors these replaced had a small magnetic catch that never worked well.

This very simple and easy to install design magnetic catch on this item did the trick very well. The metal plate is easy to install on the wood door. The magnetic body fits easily in the cabinet body and when aligned to the plate the door is held very securely. I was pleased that unlike the old assembly I actually had to give the doors a bit of a yank before they opened using this new cabinet door hardware.

GE 16687 24-Inch Premium Fluorescent Light Fixture
GE 16687 24-Inch Premium Fluorescent Light Fixture
Price: $33.41
8 used & new from $22.44

5.0 out of 5 stars This fixture provides good light without too much compromise. I rated it to reflect these facts., August 24, 2015
Light coming from the bulb that ships with this fixture is indeed the ugliest least useful brown almost pink light I've ever experienced in all my born put-togethers. I mean this is some seriously ugly light. The fixture is awesome I've had one just like it over my sink for what has to be over a year now without issue. This is a true metal fixture not one of those cheap nasty plastic fixtures that turn plastic yellow and get brittle over time The light defuser is cheap plastic but that can't be avoided these days. This unit creates more than adequate under counter task lighting in my kitchen. Being disabled I brought these old school florescent lights because replacement bulbs are much easier to find compared to the designer LED or halogen bulbs. This fixture provides good light without too much compromise. I rated it to reflect these facts.

Invicta Men's 6987 Pro Diver Collection GMT Black Dial Black Polyurethane Watch
Invicta Men's 6987 Pro Diver Collection GMT Black Dial Black Polyurethane Watch
Offered by GEM Products
Price: $102.63
8 used & new from $95.45

5.0 out of 5 stars I FIND NO FAULT WITH THIS WATCH IT IS AWESOME, I WISH IT COULD TAKE ME BACK IN TIME BUT OH WELL!, August 24, 2015
This watch is a functional awesome machine. The rubber watch band is a godsend for me because, I have severe metal allergies must be an autistic werewolf thing. ...joke... The watch is both big and heavy by most typical human standards so if you don't like a very big heavy watch then this is not the watch for you. Now I love a big watch and the weight that goes with it. I don't want a watch so light I forget it is on my wrist. Also I like a watch that has features large enough for me to see easily. On those rare occasions when my eyes are doing well I can see the 24 hour clock embedded on the face of the watch. The high contrast white on black face with a touch of red makes this watch easy to use and nice to look at. Seeing the date in the bubble takes some training but it was not an issue. The watch appears durable and having cerebral palsy means I'm not totally easy on any watch.

Alvin American-Style Draftsmans Chair
Alvin American-Style Draftsmans Chair
Offered by A.I. Friedman
Price: $132.05
9 used & new from $111.17

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Chair for my purposes!, August 24, 2015
The chair was easy to assemble but the directions weren't all that helpful. The directions did not have particularly insightful graphics because the angles did not reveal the specific details needed to convey the logic of assembly. I'm lucky I can look at the pieces and make pretty good educated guesses about how the chair should be assembled. Trust me this is not rocket science but the assembly directions could be better.

On todays scale this chair is of pretty much expected quality. Lots of molded vaccuform plastic and foam seating. This chair is better quality because the hard (attachment) points in the chair that endure the most stress are a good grade of fairly thick gauge metal. Remember this is still mainly a plastic chair with better quality metal bits applied so quality could always be an issue. So far my chair is holding up well but I am a scrawny painfully ugly little autistic dude, I am not a big fat 6 foot 8 inch 344 pound bear like my brother!

The Geography of Nowhere: The Rise and Decline of America's Man-made Landscape
The Geography of Nowhere: The Rise and Decline of America's Man-made Landscape
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is good in places but in a few of its assertions it sucks totally., August 15, 2015
The Geography of Nowhere is a great book and fun to read but it is extremely dated material. If foretells of walkable communities but does not detail them at all. Walkable communities are here in many older inner ring suburbs. The Dead Malls this book predicted are here now. A visit to a Dead Mall website will show in brutal detail the decline of the once powerful beltway exit enclosed mall. Cities as old and problem ridden as Baltimore, Maryland are slowly reinventing themselves as walkable communities in certain inner core areas like its Inner Harbor and Mount Vernon, Charles Village \ Northeast. The idealic world where poor live among the rich still isn't happening. The poor are being shoved out of Baltimore as middle class folk with fat wallets move in. Classic ghetto stores are being shuttered and replaced by trendy coffee shops, specialty stores and high end artisan selections. Ghetto people on fixed welfare and social security incomes alone can't afford a $3 apple or a tin of $6 tuna fish. It's not hate groups that drive poor people out its pure good old USA democratic economic forces pushing the poor out into the suburbs.

That's the really funny thing this Geography of Nowhere book has a comedic bent to it that I would have love to see unleashed on the up and coming new urbanism and its displacement of the poor. This book says nothing of substance about the so called new urbanism or its ugly ghetto name "Gentrification!" The term gentrification like so much urban slang is both stupid and wrong. The gentry are generally VERY RICH PEOPLE! The new urbanism folks taking back old cities aren't super rich by a long shot. Most of the new urban class make about $100,000 a year which is NOT rich I can attest from PAINFUL experience. New urbanist's want walkable communities and all the other good stuff this book suggests. However the middle class is spearheading this trend. The poor are being spirited away to former suburban sprawl areas that are increasingly being abandoned by middle class families. I walk around Baltimore and am frankly shocked at how so much of the city has been taken back by this new breed of middle class urban dwellers. I'm not just seeing white folk either. I'm seeing a mix of cultures and peoples the common denominator is not skin color it is a fat middle class wallet that is the defining factor in the makeup of these new urban communities. The poor are uniquely and specifically unwelcome based on zoning and all kinds of other arrangements. I hope an updated version of this Geography of Nowhere speaks to issues of the new urbanism and the hell it causes established inner city ghettos that "Gentrify." For all the reasons this book outlines neighborhoods dating to the early 1900's and older in cities have a sense of built in community that is being taken back.

New middle class new urbanites desiring 21st century functionality in a home routinely gut old Baltimore housing shells so old houses that stood for over a century often lose all their antique charm. Outside you have an old 1800's federalist house inside its all exposed brick, drywall and LED lights with the 70 inch LED flat screen TV stuck to the wall. I wish The Geography of Nowhere had probed this fertile vein of social change gripping the USA social and moral landscape.

This book is good in places but in a few of its assertions it sucks so completely that I can't forgive the arrogance aand obvious agenda of this book. The book has a few things right. The fall of the automobile centric society that spawned ugly suburbia has its days numbered indeed. I think in time the new urbanism will take root as energy becomes rediciously high in price. Cities used to be nasty dirty filthy mecca's of heavy industry which while profitable were no fun or nice place to live. Most post industrial urban areas have shed their former grime and smoke for air that while far from clean is not pitifully black with soot and smoke.

The book has another prediction spot on that suburbia as built in the USA was and still is extremely ugly. Office parks andshopping strips, ugly fast food places each standing free like a ugly castle surrounded by its own parking lot moat. People crave walkability of the new urbanism. Travelling everywhere by car was fun in the 1950's and 60's because it was cheap and traffic was not all that bad. In 2015 traffic is always horrid and the suburbs have moved further from peoples workplaces. The killer cummute and killer energy prices have made 1950's suburban life unsustainable all these things in the book I agree with totally.

Where the book goes horribly wrong is its analysis of the financial crisis, the real estate bust and how it relates to the new urbanism. The dumbest thing of all is the book suggests we will become a nation of renters. Everyone becoming renters is a stupid idea because; some people want to own where they live. Some people don't want to be slaves to a landlord you must ask if you can hang a picture ot buy a fish tank.

Some people will ALWAYS want the freedom to personalize their living spaces in ways apartment rental will never allow. I wanted a high end luxury bathroom in my place not the el-cheapo crapolla bathroom that came with the unit. Some people want an open floor plan, some people like me have disabilities making typicxal designs unworkable. There will always be free spirits who will want the homes to be reflections of themselves. The book makes the coming new urbanism seem like an post apocolypse in the making. The new urbanism is not a return to Mayberry RFD with its simple stores, town center and friendly Otis the towne drunk.

The United States adapts to the new realities of life which is the greatest collective strength of this country and not in any way its weakness. There was a time in the 1970's where every off ramp on the orbital beltway had to have a fully featured enclosed climate controlled mall. Then came the big box stores. The rise of internet shopping like Amazon.com put the breaks on all that old skool economic activity and redirected it. People are still spending money in retail. People are still making money in retail and other places. Are there excesses yeap but they will unwind themselves in time.

This book chronically underestimates the USA's unique way of reinventing itself as the challenges that face us mutate and grow. The real problem with this book is not that it is wrong because in so many ways it is right. The real problem with this book is its perspective is an absolute total downer. James Howard Kunstler seems to have written this book in the midst of a total mind numbing depression where he felt the world was ending. Yes the world of 1950's era endless suburbia is ending but I feel what will replace it will be awesome, different and better.

What makes The Grography of Nowhere a horrible book is that it has an agenda that seems to say salvation can only be found if we return to Mayberry RFD type small towns with locally grown everything. Newsflash Mr Kunstler darling but the Mayberry RFD neighborly town is gone for good. The internet and Ipos, smart phones and other inventions have put the final nail in that coffin. Condos are here to stay for urban dwellers in new walkable communities who don't want or need the hell that comes with mowing grass, shovelling snow and the like. You also fail to realize that inner ring suburbs will fare differently than far off suburbs that are not close to a vital city center.

The peoblem is people have changed from your old village small town bygone world. I've been to meetings where people were sitting right across from each other and instead of asking hey where would you liek to go for lunch they text each other. The average person's relationship with others has been made fare more course, distant and inhospitable. What made old neighborhoods function in cities or small towns was we opened our personal space. Today we are paranoid, self absorbed and worried about keeping ourselves and or our families ahead of the rat race. People don't interact with each other in the public space anymore. We interact with a select group of friended individuals on the private space of our smart devices. Community is not an investment in bricks and motar real community is an investment of time, trust, personal space and caring on a profoundly human level that paranoia and personal security concerns have bred out of the modern US citizen.

The book is right about the fall of suburbia but when it tries to suggest a return to the town's of old as a solution I think this book is pure bunk. I gave the book three stars because; even as wrong as I feel it is the book is fun to read and right about the evils of suburbia in the USA. The doom of USA civilization this book seems to predict appears more the product of severe depression rather than scholarly introspection and research!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20