Profile for Mommy411 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mommy411 RSS Feed (Southern California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ming's Mark RC7 Brown/Beige 8' x 20' Classical Reversible Mat
Ming's Mark RC7 Brown/Beige 8' x 20' Classical Reversible Mat
Price: $93.97
18 used & new from $75.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, August 21, 2014
Some reviewers said that it does not come with a bag but mine did, It's very thin and packed so small that I almost accidentally threw it away, but it's there. It is super light weight, a lot lighter than I expected. I love it.

Winsome Wood Magazine Rack, Espresso
Winsome Wood Magazine Rack, Espresso
Price: $37.65
14 used & new from $37.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Pefect for my pantry :-), August 21, 2014
I read a lot of reviews before I purchased this product and obviously I went ahead and got it. I am not disappointed at all. I found it very easy to assemble but then, I use power tools, I did not attempt to use the allen wrench it came with. If you have an allen bit and a drill gun, it's super easy. The canvas bags were creased from packing, but I just ironed them out with some starch and you can barely see the creases. Also I took other's advise and cut cardboard pieces to place in the bottom of the baskets. I used the box it came in as it is very thick cardboard. I hung it in my pantry and use it to store snacks and wrap and whatnot. It looks and fits perfectly. I'm ordering another one today because I have so much stuff that it's not big enough for all my items that I wanted to store in it. Yes, the bags are on the small side, but for a small space, it's perfect. The only bad thing that I noticed is that the top two posts are not even. One is about an 1/8 of an inch higher than the other. I was concerned at first but after putting it all together, you can't even tell. The only thing that I really wish were different would be the spacing between the bags. you can't really store taller items in the bottom three bags, but I guess I could always rotate it and hang them horizontally to give me two upper baskets...hmmm, there's an idea :-) Oh, one more thing. You'll have to supply your own mounting screws and I strongly suggest that if you plan on putting anything heavy in it, use drywall anchors.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 6, 2012
I bought this table/island a while ago. It is heavy and big. I didn't realize how small my kitchen was until I got this, so I ended up moving it to another room. The wood top scratches a little easily but it still looks great, gives it character. The off white color is very nice and matches just about anything. When the chairs were assembled, one of the pieces broke in half; there was knott in the middle. Anyway, they replaced the whole chair no problem and I haven't had any issues since. There have been many small children all over this thing (including on top) and it is still holding up with the exception of the "wings". My son likes to pull down on them and they got a little loose. We replaced the screws with longer, heaier duty ones and it seems to be holding, of course I keep a closer eye on him now, too. I say if you have a large room for it, then get it...it looks really nice.

What's Different? - Odd One Out. Preschool first language development tool. A cool cognitive skills trainer
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For KIDS :-), January 12, 2012
Wow, I read the 1 star reviews and those people are mean. Seriously, this app is for toddlers and my 2 year old likes it. And for the record, I do let my two year old use my Kindle Fire because I choose to do so. For the reviewer that said to spend time with your kids and teach them yourself instead of letting these types of games teach them...well, obviously that person doesn't have kids. Any parent will tell you that sometimes you need an hour of downtime to stay sane. These types of apps are perfect for that. They don't keep the child engaged for a long period of time, but long enough to take a shower or cook dinner, and personally, I'd rather have my child play with my Kindle and actually, possibly, learn something rather than sitting in front of the TV or playing stupid video games. Rate the app fairly and leave your personal opinion out of it. And, to respond to the other reviewer that wants more adult apps...I say no, I like the kids apps better. I have better things to do than play games all day, but my son and I enjoy playing the kids apps and reading the ebooks together.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2012 4:31 AM PST

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Kids, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Monkey Preschool Lunchbox (App)
My 2 year old son loves this app. He enjoys completing the screens to get his sticker. The only problem I see is that he has trouble with the puzzle part. The peices don't always follow his finger and get dropped prematurely but maybe because he's using my Droid phone and the screen is really small. I'm gonna get him the Kindle Fire for Christmas so we'll see how he does then. Overall, a very fun app for toddlers.

Nordic Naturals Childrens DHA 250 mg Strawberry Flavor 360 gels
Nordic Naturals Childrens DHA 250 mg Strawberry Flavor 360 gels
Offered by Vitamin Discount Center
Price: $36.51
11 used & new from $36.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Strawberry Balls!, September 26, 2011
I bought these for my 2-1/2 year old son. At first he was leery about trying them but I told him that they were Strawberry balls. He said "Stirbry balls?" I said, "yes, you want some?" He said, "yeah!". Since that day he always asks for strawberry balls. I tasted them and they really do taste like strawberry. I was concerned about the texture, kinda gummy, but he does just fine with them. I'm ordering more today - the bigger bottle, more cost effective. As far as effectiveness, I have no idea. I have not noticed any change in him, not that I would or should, but if they really do contain all the stuff that's listed on the bottle then I know he is getting a good product. Also, he prefers these vitamins over Flintstones chewables. :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2012 7:48 AM PDT

Cornhole Bags Set - 4 Black & 4 Yellow
Cornhole Bags Set - 4 Black & 4 Yellow
Offered by Victory Tailgate
Price: $29.98
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bags, July 5, 2011
I love these bags and will be ordering more soon because the rats seem to love them as well. Store them in a plastic box or something that the rats can't get into (if you live near rats like I do). The weight, size and texture are right on.

Personal D200 4GB
Personal D200 4GB

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just secure, July 5, 2011
Everyone keeps raving about the security feature (which of course is awesome) but what about the Identity Manager? That's what I really love about this. I have about 25 work related passwords that I have to remember and change every 90 days, not to mention my 50+ personal passwords. With this I only have to remember 1. That right there makes it worth every penny :-)

Love to Cook 2011 Magnetic Mount Wall Calendar
Love to Cook 2011 Magnetic Mount Wall Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, July 5, 2011
It's a little small to write on and the calendar keeps coming out of the magnetic strip - but's it's cheap and I make it work.

Potty Training Urinal for Boys
Potty Training Urinal for Boys
Offered by Boy's Potty Training
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious, July 5, 2011
Whoda thunk? This is the best idea I have seen to train boys to pee standing up. It just makes sense. When they go to a public restroom, aren't there usually urinals in there? It's so easily transportable, too so that I can move it from the upsatirs to the downstairs as needed. He hasn't used it yet but he is interested in it. He has a hard time grasping the concept of peeing while sitting - to him, that's how to go poo, not pee. He watches daddy pee standing up so he tries to do the same. I really think that this urinal will help facilitate his training.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5