Profile for S. Stein > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Stein RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Friend for Freckles
A Friend for Freckles
by Erin Beth Liles
Price: $9.95
12 used & new from $8.27

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Story About Differences for the Youngest Readers, March 25, 2015
This review is from: A Friend for Freckles (Paperback)
“A Friend for Freckles,” by Erin Beth Liles and illustrated by Alexander Morris, is a sweet tale about Freckles, a three-legged dog who resides at an animal shelter. Freckles is a wonderful dog, but several people who come to the shelter in search of a pet cannot see the wonderful qualities he possesses because they cannot see beyond his challenge. Liles manages to take a subject that is difficult for plenty of adults and breaks it down simply for children in a light but meaningful way. #TeamFreckles!!!

ASICS Women's Gel-Noosa Tri 9 Running Shoe,Capri Blue/Raspberry/Lime,9.5 M US
ASICS Women's Gel-Noosa Tri 9 Running Shoe,Capri Blue/Raspberry/Lime,9.5 M US
Price: $94.99
9 used & new from $94.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Run Small -- Not the typical Asics Shoe Fit, March 24, 2015
Believe the reviews that say this runs too small. I will need at least a half-size bigger. I have been wearing Asics for years now, and I love the brand. But for reasons I cannot fathom, I bought these in my usual size and they are easily a half size too small. What's up with that? I depend on the brand to have consistent sizing or else why bother buying online? Very disappointed.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Price: $124.84
31 used & new from $115.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A Very Disappoing Experience for this Long-Time FitBit Customer, March 7, 2015
I have been a Fitbit fan for several years, but this is my first "wrist" Fitbit. I find it isn't calculating stairs accurately - I go up and down flights of steps and it does not register any of them. I don't seem to get an accurate step count as I did with the Fitbit One, which I clipped onto myself -- with the wrist Charge, if I don't move my arms, I don't get an accurate reading, which is annoying when you are pushing a grocery cart or carrying something.

Finally, mine came with a glitch that I have not been able to solve via the Community Help Boards: since I started with it, the Charge alarm goes off every night at 11 pm; however, there has never been an alarm set for 11 and is currently no alarm set for any time whatsoever. I have scoured the boards for solutions and have tried several ideas, including setting other alarms and then removing them (re-synching all the while), to no avail. This is problematic because I am usually asleep at 11 and it wakes me up every night. I would like to continue to be able to use the sleep function of the Charge, but to do so, I have to be woken up every night. Bug or feature? You know where I'd stand on that.

I'm incredibly disappointed with this one.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 4:43 AM PDT

The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet: The Fast, No-Hunger Weightloss Diet for Vegetarians
by Rose Elliot
Price: $13.56
64 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, March 2, 2015
basically, if you know anything about low carb diet, it's that -- without meat. waste of money.

Demeter Salt Air Roll On Perfume Oil, 0.29 Ounce
Demeter Salt Air Roll On Perfume Oil, 0.29 Ounce
Offered by Sucream
Price: $8.99
6 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid., March 2, 2015
hardly has any scent. once that left, started to smell off, and quickly. waste of money.

Burberry BE2120 Eyeglasses-3014 Plum-53mm
Burberry BE2120 Eyeglasses-3014 Plum-53mm
Offered by Shop561
Price: $122.40
8 used & new from $108.00

1.0 out of 5 stars The temples unravel, December 25, 2014
I bought these frames. I love the way they look. Unfortunately, there is a serious design flaw in that the cute temples, which are wrapped in a Burberry print material, come unglued. I have been through three pairs, and each one unravels. Burberry, please don't ever do this again. I love this frame so much, and I am very sad to have to go and purchase something completely different because of this product fail. I've wasted money.

UglyDoll Classic Mr. Kasoogi
UglyDoll Classic Mr. Kasoogi

5.0 out of 5 stars yay for mr kasoogi!, March 16, 2014
This review is from: UglyDoll Classic Mr. Kasoogi (Toy)
i have been looking for a replacement mr kasoogi doll forever for my kid -- and here it is!!! thank you. you have made a kid so very, very happy!!! just as described, and shipped quickly, too!

The Friendly Swede 1 x Hybrid (2 in 1) Silicone Case Cover Skin for Samsung Galaxy SIV Mini S4 Mini i9190 / i9192 / i9195 / i9198 + 1 Matching Stylus + 1 Screen Protector in Retail Packaging (Hot Pink + Light Blue)
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great value!, February 13, 2014
fits my samsung 4 mini perfectly! don't really use the pointer thingy much, but nice to have the added screen cover. great value, quick shipping. and my teen daughter wants this now! ay yay yay.

Poudre de Cacao Plein Arome Cocoa Barry (Cocoa Powder), 2.2-Pound Package
Poudre de Cacao Plein Arome Cocoa Barry (Cocoa Powder), 2.2-Pound Package
Offered by World Wide Chocolate
Price: $20.95
4 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent Cocoa Powder With Early Expiration Date, August 30, 2013
I am a heavy-duty user of cocoa powder. I bake with it, I throw it into smoothies, etc. I prefer Callebaut or Guittard, but as they seemed to both be unavailable on Amazon at the time I ordered, I tried this cocoa powder based on its reviews. The taste is okay; I don't think I'd order it again, though. What really, really upset me is that I received cocoa powder with an expiration date of three months from now. Really? I spent **how much** on cocoa powder that is old? I don't think I will order anything from this company again. I'll just wait. Very disappointed. And you can't return this. The product may be good, but this fulfillment company stinks.

UPDATE: A representative from the company contacted me today and is willing to give me a refund, but on the condition that I must first remove this review (and then, I will get a refund.) After careful consideration I have decided I will not remove the review and so apparently, I will not, therefore, get a refund. I rely on honest reviews on Amazon.com, and I suspect others do, too. I will shop elsewhere.

Callebaut Baking Cocoa Powder 2.2lb. bag
Callebaut Baking Cocoa Powder 2.2lb. bag
Offered by World Wide Chocolate
Price: $23.49
2 used & new from $16.53

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in Love..., May 28, 2013
Deep, dark chocolate taste. Decadent for baking or for making hot cocoa. I probably could buy this by the crate load. Need I say more?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3