Profile for Anne Wolf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anne Wolf "awaz82" RSS Feed (Scottsdale, AZ)

Echo Odyssey Duvet Cover, King, Multicolored
Echo Odyssey Duvet Cover, King, Multicolored

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Lovely, June 7, 2014
This set has a subtle beauty to eat and feels very rich. I would recommend that if you buy all of the pieces, get the shams on the Designer Living site where they are 14.99 each instead of the higher price on amazon. Not sure why they're so overpriced on amazon. All of the other pieces are comparably priced. Some comments have stated that the fabric on the top side of the duvet is "rough." It's a thicker weave, but I wouldn't call it rough. But if you're concerned, it is a softer weave of cotton on the underside, which is the side you sleep under. I also washed everything before putting it on the bed and it washes very well, retains the color and makes everything even softer. Overall very happy with the purchase. I'm so inspired by the color palette that I'm using similar tones throughout our new home. Really lovely.

Echo Odyssey Sham, Standard, Multicolored

Episode 11
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Action, August 14, 2013
Just discovered this show in the U.S. Always great to have suspense mixed with some humor along the way. Great chemistry between the two main characters (and they are very easy on the eyes ;-) Now the challenge is that I can't stop watching and I stay up way too late. Just one more episode...

G2 Chic Women's Multi Straps Bootie
G2 Chic Women's Multi Straps Bootie

3.0 out of 5 stars Loose in the ankle and high heel, May 29, 2013
The style is very cute, but the ankle is very loose and cannot be tightened. I wear a very true size 8 and have not had this problem before. Also, be aware that the heel is very tall - 5" - with a steep arch. They could do a bettwr job od describing the features, like heel height. I wear heels to almost every day, but these are too tall for me to wear a full workday. I returned them and they were very prompt to provide an RMA to ship and the refund was prompt. Nice company, they just need more clarity in their marketing.

JustFab Simone - Black
JustFab Simone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but heel is high, May 29, 2013
This review is from: JustFab Simone - Black (Apparel)
The description of the shoes says the heel is between 4 - 4.75 inches. It is actually a full 5" so be aware if you order these that they are tall with a steep arch. I'm looking for a replacement for Reports that I have that are a similar style, but have a 4" heel that are comfortable enough to wear to work. I get compliments on them every time i wear them, but they're almost worn out. These 5" heels may be okay for going out, but not for every day and work. The extra inch really makes a big difference. They are also a bit loose at the ankle. I will return these and keep looking.

The Three Musketeers (2011)
The Three Musketeers (2011)
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars All For None and None For All, June 5, 2012
I've been waiting for a new version of the Three Musketeers for years. What a disappointment. Being a huge fan of the Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, and Michael York version, the new casting looked great. Matthew Macfayden is wonderful and he was terrific in the new version of Pride and Prejudice so he's not the issue, nor is the rest of the new cast. How could it all go so terribly wrong? The new script was ridiculous. It bears little resemblance to Alexandre Dumas' story. Perhaps it should have been positioned as a parody or fantasy version like Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer. Then people who are fans of the original version of the Musketeers series would not be so puzzled by this version. This new version is a prime example of how dangerous special effects can be in the wrong hands. A total waste of a great cast, a classic story, and a huge budget. The end of the movie sets the story up for a sequel. If indeed that is the case, I hope there is an intervention before this tragic cinematic release is continued. There is always hope for a better script and less CGI. Remember Star Trek: The Motion Picture (terrible) vs. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (terrific)? It is possible.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality, January 23, 2012
My son loved the shirt. Nice quality and very vibrant graphic. It has washed very well too. I also got him another shirt from this same brand that is equally nice. His two favorite new shirts.

Cellet Apple Licensed (MFI Certified) Retractable Car Charger for Apple iPhone 3/3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch, Nano, iPad, iPod Classic
Price: $8.96
12 used & new from $4.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design But Doesn't Work, January 12, 2012
I was happy when I opened the package and liked the retractable cord. Plugged it into my car and it worked...for about 10 minutes. Then it worked intermittently for a few hours and then stopped working completely. The fit into the two ports in my BMW was very loose. I tried to jiggle it and the blue power light would work briefly (minutes if not secnds), but with the slightest movement the light and power would stop working. I tried several times, but nothing worked. I had to return it. Too bad because the design was what I was looking for. I've gone back to a Kennsington product, which I've always found to be dependable.

John's Story
John's Story
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Story, September 20, 2011
This review is from: John's Story (Kindle Edition)
There are so many genuine moments of emotion in this book. Anyone battling the disease of alcoholism, or living with someone who is, will be able to relate to this story. John's Story takes us into the deeply personal moments of this man and what he and his family endured. It's odd to think that a book about an alcoholic can have funny moments, but this one does. It also has moments that will reduce you to tears. It's an inspirational story that offers hope and healing.

iPod AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio w/ Remote Control
iPod AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio w/ Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, August 6, 2011
We bought this for my son for Christmas almost 2 years ago. It has worked great without any problems. Not as expensive as some other models, but does the job and the sound from the speakers is good for an alarm clock.