Profile for E. Staples > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Staples RSS Feed

eForCity Reusable Screen Protector LCD shield Guard for Acer Iconia Tab A200 (PACEA200SP01)
Offered by Oriental Style--Ships from Hongkong
Price: $2.46
9 used & new from $2.16

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality screen protector, November 3, 2012
This is a sturdy, smooth, crystal clear protector that's not too difficult to install. It's not a cheapie; I highly recommend it.

Go Vacation - Nintendo Wii
Go Vacation - Nintendo Wii
Offered by FRONTIER HOBBY SHOP
Price: $20.99
44 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT game--like an RPG in scope and depth!, January 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What people need to understand is that this is a fundamentally different game from Wii Sports Resort. Yes, it's an attempt at an improvement, but through the creation of a deeper experience for those who have the patience and imagination to appreciate it!

The minigames--while not all stellar (come on, there are fifty of `em)--are great for the most part! Surfing captivated me with it's depth and controls--and entire game could be built around that alone! Even so, it doesn't take long to see that the minigames are less than half of the game. I'd go as far as to say the minigames aren't even a quarter of the game. You're exploring the island, solving puzzles, finding secrets....

As others have mentioned, just cruising around in various recreational modes is fun in of itself. Go Vacation rewards you for exploring with its impressive attention to detail, from all kinds of sights and sounds, to narrative back-story and subplots... I've been amused to discover it's the most novel take on an RPG (role-playing game)--one where you can play as yourself if you use your Mii instead of one of the generic avatars! :) Even if my wife's not actually playing with me, Go Vacation lets you choose anyone you like to tag along, even the family dog! It deserves high marks for doing something different and really indulging gamers' *fantasies* as far as the resort concept goes.

I don't want to leave the first resort on the island (the beach resort) until I've found everything there, and I'm probably close to 10 hours in. This will go down as a classic, even if as a niche hit. Go Vacation is a dream come true for those who wanted a little more whimsy and "Resort" built into the title that inspired it. BIG win for me (a 30 year-old gamer)!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2012 6:20 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Astounding, May 25, 2010
...that Nintendo (or Sony, Monster Cable, etc.) can ask so much for things that don't cost nearly so much to manufacture; the name brand cables are probably made in China right alongside these third-party counterparts. $30 was out of the question for me right now, so I figured I'd take a chance on this. 5 or 6 bucks, WITH shipping. It does come in a clear plastic bag with no labeling or instructions, but it's a high-quality cable that performs perfectly. No problems whatsoever (grant it, I've only had it a day, but I don't forsee anything changing as sturdy as it is). The colors are noticably brighter, and to my surprise, everything does appear crisper! As mentioned, just remember to go to Wii Settings and change TV resolution to 480p.