Profile for CrazyCrackMonkey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CrazyCrackMonkey RSS Feed

Bioshock - Playstation 3
Bioshock - Playstation 3
Price: $16.11
106 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Bioshock= EPIC!!!!!!!, March 7, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So it's been a couple of years since the release of Bioshock. Most of us reading these reviews are now well aware of the Rapture mythology and are reading these reviews out of pure amusement. The pros have now been well stated, the uncertain atmosphere, the gripping story, etc... and although many of you may disagree with me, one thing that stood out to me was the combat. A year ago I was on the edge of being completely turned off by all fps. I was a typical shooter fan, that logged on everyday to play kz2 or cod4 for at least an hour or so everyday. Multiplayer was my big hook, and I can admit to this day I have not once touched cod4's single player campaign. But the all these shooters where missing something. "What could it be?" I pondered this question for some time. Thank god I had my faith somewhat restored in Bioshock 2, but after a few playthroughs I was back on psn fragging faceless avatars. Then a friend of mine loned me this game saying it was one of the best games he ever played. "Really?" I asked him. I played the second game, it was a solid title, and the combat was definitely a refreshing take on the genre. However I never quite understood the hype of diehard fans of this title. That was until I put the disc into my slim, OMG WHAT HAVE I BEEN PLAYING SINCE THIS?! The game was creepy, the architecture was beautiful, come to think of it, everything about this game was beautiful. First night I got it I played it all the way to Fort Frolic without even realizing that it was 4'oclock. The combat was so awesome, though not as smooth as some of the other titles in it's genre, made up with it's unique ways you could approach it. Even though you Ryan and Atlas are constantly talking to you, the feeling of isolation and the eeriness of the recordings you pick up of mostly dead citizens caught in the wheels of Rapture's descent into madness struck a chord with me. Compared to the second one, the environments here are much more diverse and jaw dropping. It seemed with the sequel they perfected one set and stretched it across the a majority of the game. The twist near the end goes without saying, and even though the frame rate dipped every once in a while, the visuals are outstanding due to the amazing art direction. The way you can strategize and experiment with your enemies and environment was so awesome. The only thing I did not enjoy that much was when you hack machines and it goes into a pipe puzzle game. Its alright, but gets rather tedious near the end. But despite that small hickup, this game is challenging and brought back what I thought was lost in almost all games today, creativity. If you are not a fan of fps, you will be after this game. I know a lot of people who agree with me, who say " i think all shooters are the same, EXCEPT I ENJOYED BIOSHOCK," If you stuck through my rant kudos, i'm on my ninth play through and loving every minute of it. A must have for any gamer.