Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Profile for Nucleartwig > Reviews

Browse

Nucleartwig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nucleartwig RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
iXCC Racer Series Easy Fit Sport Armband with Dual Arm-Size Slots and Key Pocket for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
Offered by iXCC
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Neoprene tears at the stitching, November 1, 2015
Comfortable but weak stitching. It tore after barely a month of use. I have my band set a bit shy of max. Apparently, the minor stretching to put the band on was enough to cause it to tear. I also specifically avoid wearing it on arm days to prevent unnecessary wear from doing curls and whatnot. Smaller arms should not have this issue and I suppose it can be avoided if you undo the velcro every time to put it on.

This band was able to fit my S5 with one of those slim case shells just fine but I ended up just putting my bare phone in. The plastic screen cover worked well and didn't hinder using the phone's screen. This armband should be fine for most people. You may want to use another band if your arms are around 13-14 in. (relaxed) or larger.
Comment Comment | Permalink

WickedHD WCD-5801 Dual Lens Rear View Mirror Car Camera & DVR with Integrated 3.5" Display, 1080P HD, Nightvision, Collision Detection, Super Wide 120° Viewing Angle, HDMI, Built-in Mic/Speaker, H.264, and More (Up to 32GB SDHC)
Offered by EpicVideo
Price: $99.99
5 used & new from $99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much useless unless in single view mode, November 1, 2015
After getting into a wreck on a highway that totaled my car (not at fault) I decided to replace and upgrade my old dash cam. I chose this one thinking I would be able to cover the front and my back with one unit. I also liked that it clipped onto my rear view mirror. Unfortunately, unless you are using it in single view (both cameras pointed forward) the recording quality is utterly useless. If you use the other one to cover the back or side, the recording becomes unbelievably washed out and does not focus at all. It would only record well under extremely specific lighting conditions. Any excess light would wash out the recording. Night recording was also sub par. So since single view recording is the only worthwhile mode, there are better dash cam choices for that purpose unless you really like the mirror/camera in mirror function. Otherwise, avoid.

Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 Wireless Hi-Fi Earbud Headphones - Compatible with iPhone and other Smart Devices - Black
Price: $54.49
2 used & new from $36.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bluetooth headphones, stays in, strong connection, November 1, 2015
I have been using this for about 6 weeks now. Bluetooth connection is strong, prior to using an armband I would just carry my phone with me. Workout shorts didn't have pockets so I would leave it next to the bench or machine I was on. And way too many times I would walk away a good 30-35 feet and not realize I don't have my phone with me because I was still connected (and at my gym, I could pretty much go anywhere short of leaving the weight area without it disconnecting). My previous blue tooth headphones would start cutting out rather quickly (even if it was right next to me). I have had this skip twice and only because I was about 30 feet away and had my phone locked in a locker. It's got good noise isolation once you get the proper tip to fit into your ears and it stays in. It's also very comfortable. I was skeptical of it staying in during a run but it does. From a light jog to a 5:00 min/mile pace (sprint, really), it wouldn't come out. I don't notice much cord noise either. I cannot speak for sweat damage as I am one of those who do not sweat much (and most of it is on my back) even while running. Battery life is ok. I can use it for about 2 sometimes 3 days before I get the low battery warning. I just plug it into my car charger in between drives and it keeps it charged now. I'm no audiophile but it sounds fine to me though bass is a bit average (I like bass for workouts.) Overall, fantastic headphones. Well worth the money. Wish I had just bought this from the beginning instead of all the other cheap $20 brands.

Galaxy S5 Case, S5 Case, New Trent Cliro Transparent Case [All Clear] [Anti-Scratch] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive buttons, October 31, 2015
Easy to put on and take off. Buttons, however, are overly sensitive. Too many times when I get into my car after work (I put my phone into a separate pouch on my belt) it auto connects to the blue tooth and the volume is already lowered or at minimum.

CUK MSI 17.3-inch Notebook i7-4710MQ 16GB 120GB SSD + 2TB HDD NVIDIA GTX 960M 2GB Full HD Windows 8.1 Gaming Laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars First MSI machine and a fantastic DTR, July 26, 2014
Update: -1 star (for the extreme aggravation caused in trying to figure out what the problem was and how quick it died on me on a new product). 4.5 months after purchase, my GPU died. Had to send it in to get it repaired. Have to say though, the warranty part was pretty painless through MSI (and relatively quick, received it back about a week after they received it from me which took 2 days)and they did give me a minor upgrade of the GPU after they fixed it (they gave me the same model gpu (870M) but with double the video memory (3Gb to 6Gb). Haven't had any issues with the video card since then.

Fantastic and fast machine. MSI seems to have upgraded the cpu for this model slightly. Mine came with the 4810MQ which is slightly faster (2.8Ghz vs 2.7 Ghz). Computer Upgrade King has the memory upgrade as 4 x 4GB but mine came as 2 x 8GB which I prefer in the (unlikely) event I want to add more ram I won't have 4GB modules laying around. Bluray drive works so far. I've tried 4 bluray discs but only 3 will play. Rambo, for whatever reason, doesn't want to read in this drive, but Rounders, Scarface, and The Godfather Part 1 load up fine. More bluray testing in the future. I've also managed to burn 4 DVD's (created recovery discs in windows 8.1) without issue.

I've bought this machine to replace my desktop so I've hooked up my speakers to the laptop. But in the short time that I've used the laptop speakers, they are robust and loud with a small kick of the subwoofers. Don't expect anything shattering from the built in subwoofers but you will know it is there. The keyboard, I hate to admit since I've never liked laptop keyboards, are actually very nice. Typing is surprisingly easy and accurate. It takes a little getting used to compared to a conventional full size keyboard. I'm mostly referring to the arrow keys and the 0 key on the number pad. The keyboard also has a nice click (not loud by any means) and response. I'll miss my Corsair mechanical keyboard but I've not been disappointed with the Steelseries keyboard. The back lighting is neat. You can change colors via software. There are 4 different styles you can choose from but I like simple so I just stick with a single color. I haven't used the trackpad much but I haven't noticed anything extraordinary or subpar about it.

I've added my old Mushkin Chronos SSD as the primary boot drive (after a 5 hour fiasco of cloning the original drive and using the windows recovery) and it boots up to the desktop (there is software already on the laptop that lets you skip the start screen and instead go straight to desktop) in about 18 seconds from the moment I push the power button. Take note the original setup booted up just fine with no issues and if I recall correctly it booted up in about 30 seconds which isn't bad for a 7200RMP HDD. I've got my dual monitors hooked up via HDMI and mini display port and they work fine. I originally had one of them hooked up by VGA but there is a grounding issue that makes the monitor flicker and since I don't have any more electrical plugs near my desk I had to order a HDMI to mini display port adapter which fixes the flickering.

Performance wise this thing outclasses my semi old desktop. My old rig was running an AMD FX 8350, 8GB DDR3 1600 Ram, Samsung 830 SSD, and Geforce GTX 560 TI in SLI. I haven't run any benchmark programs yet but I can tell immediately that the laptop is faster, starting with the bootup time. Game performance wise, the most notable was Metro 2033 in which my old rig couldn't run it max settings with Direct X 11 (it was a slideshow). This laptop can run it. Definitely not at 60 fps but around 30. It's very playable. Crysis 2 at max settings is no issue. Almost all my games have no issues running at max settings. Even Firefox which took about 3 seconds to load takes half a second on this.

Also, the screen is fine. No dead pixels

I really can't find any faults in this setup. Weight is not an issue as this is a desktop replacement. Neither is the battery. At least with this, if the power goes out (which it has very rarely for a few hours), I still have the battery (albeit short life). The packaging was good. Box within a box within the shipping box. The laptop was covered in some kind of cloth. Actually kind of curious how Computer Upgrade King was able to get inside to upgrade without messing up the sticker covering the box opening. The only I did not like was Computer Upgrade Kind and their obnoxious sticker they put on the laptop. The glue off the sticker was annoying to take off but it does come off cleanly and completely with a little elbow grease.

This is a fantastic, solidly built machine from MSI and Computer Upgrade King did a great job. I only wish they had an upgraded model of this with just the bluray as I don't need 16GB ram but other than that, if you are looking for a desktop replacement in this price range, this is it.

Mini 300 Lumen CREE Q5 Zoomable and Focus Adjustable LED Flashlight Torch With Waterproof Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flashlight., June 1, 2012
I ordered a silver one from another online retailer and was impressed with the light output from the size of the flashlight as well as requiring only 1 AA battery. I ordered this particular one because I didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks for shipping from China. I thought this was going to be the exact same one but in black. In fact, it is actually better in function and in build quality (Paint job is better as well as the holes that are drilled near the end cap). What the images don't show is that it is not just plain black, there is a logo on it. Mine says Cree on one side and UltraFire on the other. (My silver one has Sipik on it) The focus function works well with this one requiring a little more force to adjust compared to my silver Sipik one. Lastly, not mentioned on the site or the box itself (it just comes in a little white box and nothing else) is that this one actually has 3 modes of operation: Bright, Low, Flashing. To change modes, turn it on and lightly depress the button (not so far that it clicks off) and it will cycle through the operations. There is one con to this and it is that it does not remember the last function it was on. So turning it off and on completely will still cycle through the modes.

I don't have anything to measure the light with other than visual observation but this one is just as bright as my silver one. It is definitely brighter than my 100 lumen Smith and Wesson flashlight. You can also supposedly get increased light output if you use expensive 14500 lithium batteries but I do not have any and at this time am not interested as the light output is more than enough. This is a great flashlight for its size and cost. Highly recommend.

Update:

I don't know why I didn't say so originally but unless you have tons of AA batteries, best route is to go rechargeable (unless you only occasionally use it). This flashlight drains through batteries quick. Not totally unexpected given the high output from a single battery. I'd estimate the run time to be around 40 min to an hour. I use this flashlight at work daily (I have to pop into ceilings quite often) and the light output is perfect for lighting up the area to see what I'm dealing with or focusing it so I can see something farther down. The focus is also good for pointing out something to other people when you don't have a laser pointer handy. I also caved and got a couple rechargeable 14500 batteries and they do make a significantly brighter output (visual observation again). Run time is still roughly the same. I can also see this coming in handy for defensive purposes at night simply because I have accidentally flashed myself and my coworkers before (Don't look into it, even momentarily, especially with a 14500 battery. Just take my word for it).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2012 6:13 PM PDT

Grand Trunk Portable Chopsticks
Grand Trunk Portable Chopsticks
Price: $16.80
6 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Taking a gamble, May 1, 2012
Pros - Metal portion seems well constructed.

Cons - Just about everything else

This item will have the honor of being the first Amazon product that I will return (also within the same day I received it). This set is a mixed bag. The top metal portion is pretty well constructed with the cap and gasket being nice and tight. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the wooden portion which is arguably far more important. The portion where the wood screws into the metal had a small crack on the wood on both sticks. (I took a picture and will upload it as soon as I figure it out) Not only that, after I opened the package and tried to take it apart to put into the metal housing, the wood portion came off without the connector instead of with it. Trying to screw it back in reveals the the threaded wood portion is stripped and will never fully tighten since it just keeps twisting. These two combined makes me worry that the moment I try to lift some food with some decent weight, it will snap right off (I have broken plastic chopsticks before several times preparing noodle dishes). One of the wooden pieces was slightly warped.

Also, made in China.

Looks like I either stick with my portable metal ones (I much prefer wood, at least bottom half portion of it) or maybe look into the expensive Snow Peak ones. I'd stay away from these unless you like gambling.

Edit: Well, that wasn't so hard. Pictures are up. They describe what I am talking about much better than I can with just words alone.

Maxcraft 60403 16-Foot by 3/4-Inch Auto Locking Tape Measure
Maxcraft 60403 16-Foot by 3/4-Inch Auto Locking Tape Measure
Price: $11.38
3 used & new from $11.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted but the quality seems sub standard, March 27, 2012
I could not find a measuring tape that was self locking with magnetic tips. It is always one or the other until I stumbled upon this one. I was excited to finally be able to get what I wanted in a measuring tape until I had it in my hands.

Pros
- Self locking with magnetic tips (finally!)
- Slim profile
- Two release buttons (there's actually one on the bottom that's not shown)
- Magnets are pretty strong
- Decently priced

Cons
- Poor stand out. You can get about 4-5 feet before it buckles down (Stanley fat max measuring tapes have great stand outs if that is a requirement)
- Sub standard fitting/construction. When you press the release on the top, the tape tends to still stick out about half an inch. Press the release on the bottom and 3 out of 4 times it will retract all the way in. And when it is all the way in, it is actually tough to get out. As in don't expect to stick it to a metal surface and pull back. You'll have to pull it out first a little then stick it to a metal surface for it to pull back.
- The slim profile means the tip is thin and not wide.
- Pulling operation actually feels kind of stiff and when retracting you definitely do not want your fingers anywhere near the tape. It comes back with force.

I'd rate this 3.5 stars but given that we don't have that option, I opted to round down rather than up as that's how I feel about this measuring tape. If you absolutely must have a self locking tape with magnets then this is the only option you have (as far as I know) but if you can live with one or the other, then I'd recommend on passing this one.

"It's OK." That's exactly how I feel about this measuring tape.

Update: Removed a con.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2013 5:32 PM PDT

Klein Tools 5705 One-Size-Fits-All Work Belt
Klein Tools 5705 One-Size-Fits-All Work Belt
Price: $14.53
15 used & new from $14.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt for a tool pouch under certain conditions, March 27, 2012
- I've been using this for about 3 weeks.
- I'm about a size 28 waist since size 29 pants are still loose on me but not so loose that they'll fall past my waist without a belt. That being said, it does fit me but I have to pretty much double wrap this belt for it to do so. In order to deal with the excess, instead of trimming it, I just used 4 black velcro cable ties (obtainable at W mart) and essentially made my own belt loops. Works great for me since I don't like the excess to flop or twist around and gives me extra strength for holding my tools.
- I deal with HVAC controls and use this belt to carry my Husky pouch with the following tools. These are tools I carry at minimum at all times : two 8" Kobalt (Don't judge me. They were on sale and they do the job just fine) channel locks (groove joint pliers), Klein journeyman diagonal cutters, Klein conduit reamer, Klein 11 in 1 screwdriver, Klein stubby, Klein wire strippers, 2 Husky trims (precision screw drivers), LED flashlight, pencil, sharpie, laser pen, and a roll of electrical tape. Holds the weight just fine without the belt folding in on itself (remember I'm also double wrapped). There are times when I've had about 4 additional tools and still held up just fine. I just remembered, I've also clipped a Dewalt impact driver on the belt along with my tool pouch. I'm right handed and like to keep everything slightly to the right in front of my right thigh (reason being keeping it directly to my right, the tool pouch's belt clip tends to pinch me way too much). No issues here.
- Amazon's picture doesn't show it but the buckle is indeed metal. When I was first looking at this, I had to double check with other sites to make sure this was the correct one. The buckle also has the Klein logo on it in white which is not shown here.
- Paint on the buckle scratches fairly easily and I've exposed it to rain water and hasn't shown any signs of rust.
- I chose this one over the Klein web belt with a metal buckle is because from my own research polypropylene appears to be softer than nylon (I could be wrong) and I didn't want to risk ordering that one only to have it fold on itself when I have my tool pouch on. These are nice and stiff (but thinner, sadly) than those cheap 5 dollar ones.
- If you intend on carrying a lot of tools or a lot of weight, you might be better off getting a leather belt or one of those padded work belts. This belt might be able to hold it but the only way I see that happening is to wear this belt tight around your waist which can get uncomfortable. And remember, unless you have a similar waist size to mine, you may not be double wrapped.

Reason I got this one was because those 5 dollar cheapo ones you get at your home improvement stores just aren't reliable for me. I like to take my belt off frequently and so it had to be a quick release buckle. The buckle is metal so it's much harder for it to break. I don't even know when or how I broke the cheap 5 dollar plastic buckle ones. This also hasn't just randomly unbuckled itself on me like the plastic ones. Nothing more annoying than carrying a ladder in one arm and materials in the other and your belt suddenly drops while you're walking or if you put it on snug, a sneeze would unbuckle it (which is also why I wear my work belts slightly loose now). So if your job requires you to carry hand tools daily and you like a quick release then invest in this belt. Don't bother with the plastic ones. You'll end up frustrated and spending more money replacing them.

However, if you're just a DIY'er, and occasionally needs a tool belt and/or carrying a very light pouch, I would not recommend paying a premium for this. Those cheap ones should suffice. If you must get one with a metal buckle then the Klein web belt would be a cheaper alternative (just search for Klein tool belts). It's about 4 dollars cheaper.

And these metal buckles make a very satisfying "ching" sound when you unbuckle it just right.

>> Update July 26 - Belt still going strong being used almost every workday, everything still in great condition, buckle looks a little worn but I haven't been exactly gently with it either. Still love the "ching" sound.

>> Update January 26, 2014 - Almost 2 years since I bought this belt and it's still going strong being abused every work day. I'm actually surprised to be honest that it's been that long already and I haven't had to replace it yet. I also noticed Amazon has replaced the picture with the correct one. What you see in the picture is exactly what you get. I've since changed tool pouches (to a better one that I haven't replaced in a while as well) and have had the tool pouch fully loaded (front right thigh), an impact driver (right hip), and a hammer drill (back side) all hooked up to the belt at once. Takes it like a champ. Still makes the "ching" sound.

>>Update September 23, 2015 - Guess which belt I'm still using.

Black & Decker PS145 FireStorm 18-Volt NiCad Pod Style Battery
Black & Decker PS145 FireStorm 18-Volt NiCad Pod Style Battery
Offered by Tool Supply Direct
Price: $49.99
7 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone planning on ordering this and the Dewalt DW9116 Charger BEWARE, August 14, 2010
Battery arrived in outstanding condition (in its plastic mold shell and within a stuffed box) and also unbelievably fast. I ordered on the 9th and it arrived via UPS the morning of the 11th though your mileage may vary. Battery is in working condition. As for longevity, only time will tell. I'd also like to point out that the battery I received had the firestorm logo and not the big 18V on the product image (unless it's used for clarification purposes). If my review title applies to you, please read on. If not, ignore the rest.

Now, if you're planning on ordering this along with the DeWalt DW9116 charger just be aware that it may not work for you (since it seems that I am the only one so far to find out that it did not work, I will not deem it incompatible based on just my experience alone but you have been WARNED). It could just be the cosmos playing a cruel joke on me and giving me the finger but this battery would not charge in the DW9116 charger that I also ordered from Amazon despite all the other positive reviews for the charger. It did, however, charge in the exact same charger that my brother had from 2007. For a more detailed synopsis of what happened and what I did, please read my review on the DeWalt DW9116 charger. If you do decide to go through and purchase, hopefully you'll have better luck than I had.

Page: 1 | 2