Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Sanjay > Reviews

Browse

Sanjay's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sanjay "Gadget Freak" RSS Feed (Austin, TX USA)

Give, Save, Spend with the Three Little Pigs
Give, Save, Spend with the Three Little Pigs
by Clint Greenleaf
18 used & new from $8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book with an awesome message, March 19, 2014
My six year old loved this book. It presents a great story wraps it in good graphics but impost importantly it discusses a message of the true value of money--the ability to Give, the ability save for what you want, and the freedom to spend on what you want. This is a message we are working very hard on to transfer to our son. Thanks for the help!

Amazon Kindle Replacement USB Cable, White (Works with Kindle Fire, Touch, Keyboard, DX, and Kindle)

1.0 out of 5 stars Get a generic cable--insulation problems, January 17, 2011
Get a generic cable. The insulation on this falls apart. Nope your dog didn't eat the cable--it has defective insulation.

The AdSense Code: What Google Never Told You About Making Money with AdSense
The AdSense Code: What Google Never Told You About Making Money with AdSense
by Joel Comm
Price: $20.10
110 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Book Most of the tools don't work, January 17, 2009
This book is disappointing in that there is a great deal of self promotion. Furthermore, most of the tools either don't work or are quite expensive. It is infuriating that the tool the author created is now reserved "for his best clients"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2010 6:58 AM PST

Kata KT D-3N1-30 Sling/Backpack (Black)
Kata KT D-3N1-30 Sling/Backpack (Black)
2 used & new from $92.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A large well built camera bag, October 25, 2008
Why did I buy the Kata 3N1-30?

I've given up on the quest for the perfect camera bag and now realized that I need several camera bags just like I need several lenses. For a short day trip a small camera bag suffices. However, I needed a bag that let me safely carry multiple zoom lenses, a camera body, battery chargers, and a GPS for a 10 day trip.

Does the bag hold the equipment safely?

On our full flight it fit easily under the seat. There are basically two compartments in the bag. The interior main compartment is 11.6" x 6.3" x 11.8". The manufacturer claims that the bag will hold A D/SLR with battery grip & long-range zoom lens attached as well as, 5-6 lenses, flash + personal gear. Will it? If the 5-6 lenses are prime lenses--definitely. It is a bit harder if the lenses are professional zoom lenses. However, I did manage to get a nice long (400mm f4) zoom and a wide angle in the bag along with a couple of prime lenses. Of course with a bit of creative packing I also got a GPS and a couple of chargers into the main compartment. The equipment is protected by padded dividers--Kata calls this its Modi-Vers System. The system allows you to create compartments that meet your requirements. The divider can be cut with scissors to any desired size. Attach the newly cut divider to another divider or the walls of the bag with a Velcro connector. The top compartment is quite roomy and can hold chargers, memory cards, and even a paper-back book or two for the plane trip. The two side pockets are easy to access and can be used to hold filters, and an extra set of batteries. They do bulge into the top compartment and steal space though. I truly wish Kata had put an easily accessible external pocket big enough for the paperback book, plane tickets, and maps. I hate opening the top compartment everytime since I'm afraid I'll spill all the other items in that compartment.

A really neat feature is the removable Media Kit. You can use it to store memory cards or batteries and remove it from the bag (it's attached with Velcro) when you need it.

The Kata 3N1-30 does include a rain Cover is included to protect against rainy conditions. The rain cover folds away into an integrated pocket. Without the rain cover the bag is not 100% sealed against moisture. There are a number of points where the zippers do not meet and leave a small hole through which rain could enter.

Is the bag easy to carry?

The bag weighs 3.3 lbs--fully loaded a lot more. It is made easier to carry by the well padded straps and the option to carry it three ways. It can be carried as a sling bag on either the left or right shoulder or as a backpack to spread the load. Frankly, getting in and out of the plane I used another option, grabbing the bag by it's top handle and walking along the narrow aisles. I just had to be a bit careful about not tripping over the dangling straps. In backpack position and "X" position you can comfortably carry your equipment for long distance walking when needed. The included chest belt and balancing hip strap helps take the load of your heavy equipment off your shoulders.

Quickbooks Pro 2008 3 User [OLD VERSION]
Quickbooks Pro 2008 3 User [OLD VERSION]

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is the place to buy but be careful about getting hooked in to Quickbooks, March 25, 2008
We started with Quickbooks when the prices and upgrade policies were fair. Now, they do these periodic upgrades with minimally useful features. Frequently they get rid of useful features in the upgrade. They force you to upgrade by cutting off support for payroll services for previous versions. Their payroll services cost a chunk of money. They also decided that my 5 user license was not upgradable--only get 3 users now. On top of all that, the upgrade license costs as much if not more than just buying a new version. Customer service is horrid. We used them to process payroll and they were a day late in delivering payroll to our employees--talked to them. They didn't view it as a major problem--my employees and the law sure does. The credit card service makes frequent mistakes on bank fees--again not a major problem..just correct it yourself. Isn't the point of accounting software to give me accurate accounts. I do hope they get a competitor soon...c'mon Microsoft or Google...here's an arrogant company that needs to get its comeuppance.

Accutire MS-4359B Remote Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with 4 Electronic Valve Caps and Programming Tire Pressure Gauge

4.0 out of 5 stars Remote Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Gizmohound.com, December 7, 2007
Underinflated tires waste expensive gas, and shorten tire life, and frequently make your car

handle badly. Accutire's MS-4359 is a cool tire monitoring system that allows you to

quickly check the pressure in your car's tires by touching the gauge to the cap. The smart

caps then measure the tire pressure with a 1 PSI accuracy give you a reading using 3

LED's--green=tire pressure OK, yellow=getting low, red=needs air. The gauge can also work

as a standard tire gauge with an accuracy of .5 PSI.

Programming the smart caps is relatively easy. You enter the pressure you need for the tire (the device allows for separate pressures for the front and back tires) and place the smart cap on the gauge. The gauge quickly programs the pressure into the smart cap.

The smart caps come with a built in lithium battery with a 3 year life. Unfortunately the

battery is not replaceable so you have to replace the caps when the battery runs out. So

far we haven't found replacement caps for the device. This also means that you can only monitor the pressure on one car with one gauge. The smart caps are quite a bit larger than a regular valve cap to accomodate the battery, sensor and LED's--not exactly a sleek look.

So is it worth it? It is for me, I have the best of intentions about keeping the tire pressure just right on those expensive low profile tires but always get busy. This tool makes it easy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2008 2:15 PM PDT

Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Offered by SoftwareCW
Price: $913.95
2 used & new from $913.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Using with Windows XP--No Bugs, October 22, 2007
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS3 (DVD-ROM)
I've been using the product with Windows XP Pro and everything seems to work fine. It does take a bit getting used to the new location of palette and menu items. Is this upgrade worth it? If you need the specific features sure. We bought it to put it on 2 new machines.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a camera that overcomes limitations of the compacts, July 24, 2004
I bought this camera because I needed something:

1) That took interchangeable lenses in the Nikon system

2) Had a great viewfinder...it ain't a Nikon F100 but blows away most compacts.

3) Speed. It's ready to shoot before I can bring it to my eye and the shutter goes off without a perceptible delay. I can shoot off a continuous sequence of at least 9 shots

4) Quality - the larger sensor results in much higher quality and lower noise

5) I can put a Speedlight on it (although the best results are obtained with new Speedlights).

I'm very happy with this camera. If you want more detail I have a longer review at [...]

QuickBooks Pro 2003
QuickBooks Pro 2003
6 used & new from $23.45

1.0 out of 5 stars I was forced to buy this, March 31, 2003
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2003 (CD-ROM)
I have been a Quickbooks user for 5 years. It is not the best written application and crashes much more frequently than it should. I was forced to buy this edition so I could continue to get payroll upgrades. Intuit has a habit of doing that. Two years ago they forced me to buy tax upgrades and pay for State upgrades despite the fact Texas doesn't have a payroll tax.
I am looking for alternatives so I won't be forced to pay yet again next year.