Profile for A. Pankala > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Pankala "Fire Hazard" RSS Feed (O-H-I-O)

Page: 1 | 2
No Coast
No Coast
Price: $8.99
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Braid is back and sounds just as good if not better than before, August 6, 2014
This review is from: No Coast (Audio CD)
Braid is back and sounds just as good if not better than before. Glad their sound didn't change too much over the past decade or so.

Skinomi Tech Glass - Samsung Galaxy S4 Glass Screen Protector / Ultra Thin (.33mm Thickness) Premium Tempered Glass - Crystal Clear 9H Hardness with Oleophobic Coating - 99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy - Retail Packaging Comes with LifeTime Replacement Warranty
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I honestly can't believe it looks as good as they said it would, August 6, 2014
I honestly can't believe it looks as good as they said it would. And the fact the touch screen works just as flawlessly as without a screen protector. I also feel like the screen protector is more smug resistant than the original screen it self. I honestly could think of a way to improve on the product. I'm sold on using the Skinomi Tech Glass on every touch screen device I own or will ever own. In fact I really wish they made the same product for PS Vita.

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for PS3 and PS Vita owners, February 3, 2013
I specifically bought Playstation Plus subscription because when I got my Vita I knew I wanted to get Uncharted and Gravity Rush. Those two games alone covered the cost of my subscription and where free at the time of my subscription. The games that you get through Playstation Plus is amazing and WELL worth the money and is an excellent gift to give someone who owns a PS3 or a PS Vita. All the games you download/"purchase" you can play for the entirety of your PS+ subscription. If your subscription ends you can't play those game (the ones you bought for "free") again. BUT if you get a PS+ subscription again you will be allowed to access to all your prior games you have downloaded/"purchased" in your past PS+ subscription. Basically make sure you "purchase" all the free games you can because you can play them at a later date when they are no longer listed on the PSN as free for PS+ subscribers. This way you will have a constantly growing library of digital games that you can play at a later date at your leisure.

Stainless steel 4.5 in and 27 in.military dog tag ball chain, 2.4mm #3
Stainless steel 4.5 in and 27 in.military dog tag ball chain, 2.4mm #3
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $3.98
3 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I ordered, February 3, 2013
I'm guessing they ran out of 4.5 inch long chain because I got a second 27 inch long chain. Of course I can always cut the chain and make it a 4.5 inch long chain but I think consumers should know that this could also happen to them. If you don't have the tools to break the chain it will be a real pain in your ass to break the chain down to size.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not contain a heart rate monitor!!!!, June 30, 2012
Let me start of saying that I love the watch and it is of quality and the site movescount.com is excellent way of tracking your workouts and over all a wonderful site that makes me want to work out more. The watch takes in account your workout level (based on METS) to access how many calories you burned so it's much more accurate than your standard heart rate monitor.

The watch it self allows you to tailor the workout screens, names, and "pods" & heart rate monitors that would automatically search for and connect too. All of this is done through their site movescount.com. I can't emphasis how nice this feature is. Basically you can have only the information you find important on the screen and leave off the rest of info you don't want. And after the workout you'll be surprised at how much information was tracked. Another cool feature of the watch is the "tap" function of the watch. Basically you can have the watch set up to light up or count a lap when you slap the top of the watch. Again there is more customization than what I'm explaining that goes into that function such as sensitivity and such. But the one thing I don't like about the watch is the fact that it only has one alarm. I've grown so use to my Timex watch with multiple alarms that I've been spoiled by it. But I'd hands down pick this watch over my old Ironmen Timex watch.

Now for my biggest grip which is technically my fault for not looking closely enough at what I was buying. And that is the fact this watch doesn't come with a heart rate monitor. The base model Suunto Quest Heart Rate Monitor has a heart rate monitor and the other model Suunto Quest Running Pack also does so I just figured this one did too. After all this watch's main purpose is to monitor your heart rate I think. But if you look and see in the product description it doesn't list a heart rate monitor because it doesn't come with one. If you buy this product for the use of the foot pod and heart rate monitor then you'll also have to buy a Suunto Comfort Dual Belt. Which essentially is the Suunto Quest Running Pack but costing more. Again this is kinda my fault for ASSUMING there was a heart rate monitor just not the dual ANT heart rate monitor. So yeah, don't be like me and assume there is a heart rate monitor. Other than that little hiccup I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Sony Bloggie Duo Camera (Violet)
Sony Bloggie Duo Camera (Violet)
3 used & new from $96.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but far from great., October 10, 2011
I've been using the Duo for a few months now and I've notice some faults with it and how to avoid them. I've notice when I first got the Duo that the 1080p recording setting seemed to have video skipping issues. When I switched to 720p @ 60 fps it didn't happen for a long time. But then there would be cases that I'd have the video skip/freeze and I finally figured out the problem. When the Duo gets warm from the light being turned on, held in hand for long period of time, or just in a hot climate (95-100 degrees), the recording function can't keep up with the intense recording process. So basically while in 1080p mode or in 720p @ 60 fps mode you'll have faulty recording if the Duo gets hot. Though I did find out that if I set it to 720p @ 30 fps mode I didn't have any video freezing/skipping issues. Though I think if you got the Duo hot enough it would even have problems with that, say in Iraq during the middle of the day during the Summer.

So basically don't expect to shot 1080p unless your outside and it's like 40 degrees or less I suspect. Even at room temperature if you have the light on while holding the Duo the video will start to freeze/skip after 10 mins or so. And you can definitely feel when it gets to hot. It's amazing how much heat this little camera is capable of putting out which is the big problem. Any time you heat up an electronic device it will slow down it's processing speed and potentially cook it self dead.

Other than the skipping problem I think it's a great little pocket video camera to take youtube videos with while on the go or at home with a tripod. You get what you pay for and honestly is a great for amateur video recording. 720p @ 30 fps is actually a very nice setting and I don't notice the difference in the 60 fps setting if I'm just walking and talking. Though when in a car and shotting video outside while going fast does show a difference. But honestly not too many cases where you need 60 fps of video footage anyways.

As far as software goes I use Linux so I didn't use any of the software that came with it. I use OpenShot Video Editor and haven't had any issues with the Duo not working with Linux or the my video editor.

Overall I'd still recommend this camera, just know it does have some faults. Hopefully they'll fix the over heating problem in the next version. Then it would be perfect!

Rothco 7159 72'' TAN BOOT LACES
Rothco 7159 72'' TAN BOOT LACES
Offered by Captain Dave's
Price: $2.18
7 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap in price, great in quality, July 3, 2011
This review is from: Rothco 7159 72'' TAN BOOT LACES
Replaced my old combat boot laces that I've had for 4 years and I think these will last just as long.

Under Armour Men's O Series Boxerjock® 9" Boxer Briefs Large Black
Under Armour Men's O Series Boxerjock® 9" Boxer Briefs Large Black
Offered by The Kedz Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Best underwear money can buy, January 11, 2011
I've been wearing Under Armour underwear ever since I was in basic training and that was five years ago. I'm active and go hiking, SCUBA diving, and exercising a lot and refuse to do any long distance walking without wearing a pair of Under Armour underwear. The underwear provides perfect support and confront and prevents chaffing from long distance walking/hiking. My underwear from basic is still being used even today after 5 years and still feels the same. I've even had a small hole get put in a pair a few years ago and the hole has never gotten bigger or caused the clothing to come apart. The durability and longevity of the underwear is ridiculous. The underwear drys fast too so I've worn them under my wet suit when SCUBA diving, and as swimming trunks for hot tubes at friends houses. Like I said before, I've put Under Armour underwear though lots of abuse and nothing seems to bother it. It's the only underwear I wear now and only kind I wore during my whole Iraq deployment. The only thing different about these particular underwear from my old pairs is the red color on the waist bands. My underwear I bought was exactly as shown in the picture.

Blue Diamond Almonds, Whole Natural, 1.5-Ounce Packages (Pack of 24)
Blue Diamond Almonds, Whole Natural, 1.5-Ounce Packages (Pack of 24)
Offered by TheNewMall
Price: $34.99
7 used & new from $28.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to-go snacks, January 11, 2011
I'm completely satisfied with this purchase of individual packs of almond nuts. Have ate about 5 bags by now and everyone is delicious with no bad nuts. Can't think of anything bad with the whole deal. The bag sizes are perfect for an in between meal snack and are are really healthy for you.

Turtle Wax T-466KT ICE Clay Kit
Turtle Wax T-466KT ICE Clay Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely happy with the kit., October 11, 2010
I had little rust spots all over my white 08 Jeep Compass and the clay kit took all of it off. It even took off the road tar on the inside of my tire wells where there is a bit of white paint at. Basically it made my car look like it was brand new except for the chipped paint spots and the deep scratches which I need to use touch up paint on. I even use a little bit of the clay to take off some paint that got rub off onto a friend's car after a hit and run. Took off the paint from the other car but again didn't cover up the deep scratches.

This is a must have product if you got little rust spots on your car, road tar, or got hit by another car and have paint marks from the hit. This product will fix those problems. Just make sure to follow the directions and do it on a cool surface and not in direct sun light. If the clay or surface gets too warm the clay will start sticking to the car and turn into a mess.

Page: 1 | 2