Profile for Margaret Agard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Margaret Agard "author of In His Footsteps: Be Happy" RSS Feed (Wild Wonderful West Virginia USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Renuvaderm - The Most Complete Anti-Aging Skin Supplement! CoQ10, Resveratrol, DMAE, Polypodium Leucotomos, Phytoceramides, Vitamins A & C for Younger Looking Skin! Clinically Proven Ingredients to Help Restore and Renew Your Skin and Make You Look Younger!
Offered by Efficient Exporting/Importing
Price: $12.99
8 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, September 2, 2014
I've been using this for three months now. My skin is looking better but I also changed my diet and started doing facial exercises again ( I had stopped them for awhile and started looking saggy skinned and getting wrinkles.)

So are the pills helping? I expect the answer is yes. I like that this has COQ10 as well as other skin rejuvenating products. My skin does feel firmer and plumper.

365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life
365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars a life changing practice beautifully shared, July 22, 2014
I give this book to friends and family struggling with life. I know for a fact that writing a daily thank you note completely changes lives. The author writes intimately and completely of the step by step way his life and circumstances changed as he wrote thank you notes on a daily basis. The writing is engaging and deep.

Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer
Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer
Price: $43.60
25 used & new from $37.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Pushed the Gasket In And It Worked Perfectly, February 23, 2014
Whew! At first it would only work if we pressed really, really hard - actually only if my husband did - and we had to hold it for the whole process. When it finished we never had to press the open/cancel button. It just popped opn

I was about to pack it up and send it back when I noticed one corner of the top gasket was loose. I stuck it back in place and we tried it again. Worked perfectly! Hands free came on in 2 seconds, sucked all the air out, sealed and when we pushed the open/cancel button we could hear the snick of the vacuum releasing.

Why four stars? I'm nervous. We'll check the bags in a few days to be sure they hold the seal. If they do, then we'll upgrade to five stars.

July 23, 2014
Still working perfectly. We've sealed fruits, veggies, meat and casseroles. Very happy with it.

SunRay II SAD Light Therapy Light Box Winter Blues
SunRay II SAD Light Therapy Light Box Winter Blues
Offered by LIVING ESSENTIALS
Price: $399.99
2 used & new from $399.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works For Me, February 19, 2014
I've used a SAD light when I lived in Alaska. Didn't think I'd need one here but it turns out WV has 3 months of cloudy skies every winter. So, after snapping at my husband one too many times I went looking for another SAD light.
This one has the correct illumination. It has the recommended downward tilt.
I like that I can turn it to full lumens or cut them in half.
It's lightweight and easy to set up.
Also it comes apart easily for storage. The legs can be velcroed to the back of the light so you don't lose them. I particularly like that feature.

Why 4 instead of 5?
It's big and ugly. I have it sitting on our breakfast table. It's big enough my husband and I both sit in front of it while we eat and do our morning reading. We get in our full half hour that way. Then I have a big, ugly light sitting on my table 24/7. I don't what the solution is but I just don't like to see it there and in our small house there's no where else to put it. We keep it there for convenience.

Pocket Knife Set - Highest Quality - A Genuine Boy Scout Pocket Knife. It Is The Best Pocket Knife Of All The Small Pocket Knife Sets Available.
Offered by Product Stop, Inc
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made In the USA Quality I'm Keeping It. Hubby Already Has One, February 19, 2014
Very happy it's made in the USA of high quality steel
It's the only pocketknife I've ever seen that has a flashlight on it. One with a nice bright light for sorting through those keys at the front door or moving around outside our rural home on a moonless, cloudy night.
The Blades:
1. The flashlight
2. bottle opener/ screwdriver
3. can opener
4. scissors (one inch blade)
5. Saw blade
6. knife with 2 1/2" blade
7. corkscrew
8. leather punch hole (we're guessing)
9. phillips head screw driver
10. file
11. finger nail cleaner (guessing again) or general cleaning out of stuff

Keep the box. Print the guarantee above, staple the small box to it and keep it in your warranty file.
I'm very happy with it

Retinol Serum - The Most Effective, Clinical Strength, Anti Wrinkle Retinol Moisturizer.
Offered by Product Stop, Inc
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Does The Job, February 14, 2014
I chose to get this retinol serum because I read that retinol is one of three skin care regimens proven to work at reducing wrinkles and improving skin. I've been using it for three weeks on my face consistently. Although I'm not meticulous about it. I always use it in the morning and sometimes in the evening. I don't wear makeup often since I work at home so evening skin care is hit or miss for me (which I know is the best time, I get it, that ok? I just don't do it)
I have fair skin with normal to dry moisture levels. I'm in my 60's.
I've had no adverse effects - no reddening of the skin or sore spots. I've noticed some improvement in fine lines. I'm not generally aware of odor so I can't comment on that. It comes out of the bottle easily and is easy to apply. I can't compare to other retinol serums since this is the first one I've used.

AR Blue Clean AR116 1450 PSI Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
AR Blue Clean AR116 1450 PSI Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
Price: $100.06
6 used & new from $90.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Job On 7 Year Old Moldy Deck in Rainy West Virginia, October 16, 2013
Our deck had become a death trap - or at least a potential compound fracture trap. After hours and hours of research on different solutions I finally realized just cleaning it was the least expensive, most successful option. The professional deck sites all said not to use more than 800 psi on a wood deck so I chose this little electric pressure washer as good enough.

It can't be adjusted for pressure, but spray width and distance can be so I trusted that.

If you've used one before you probably will have no trouble putting it together but it took me a long time of staring at the parts list and re-reading the directions to finally get it together correctly. Took about 20 minutes (15 of staring and puzzling and 5 of putting it together.)

I soaped up my green scum deck with a mix of simple green and oxy-bleach, let it sit a bit and then went at it with this pressure washer.

It worked great. No leaking. No damaged wood. Plenty of reach from the plug on the porch to cover the whole deck. I used a wide spray so it didn't damage the wood. Now on to the brightening and then the staining. And even though it's still wet from the cleaning, it's no longer slippery!

Made in USA Can Opener (Black)
Made in USA Can Opener (Black)
Offered by 4 Peaks Technology LLC
Price: $15.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Fashioned and Does The Job, June 29, 2012
We bought one can opener that lasted twenty years. Then about eight years ago we bought another can opener. And another. And another. And another. We bought cheap grocery store ones. We bought regular ones and french cut ones. We bought very expensive designer kitchen appliance store ones. We bought and bought and bought and they broke and broke and broke. Or at least stopped opening cans which is the same thing as far as we're concerned..

Then we bought EZ Duz it. It took us a few cans to remember how to line it up and make it turn easily (remember it had been eight YEARS since our last decent can opener.) No it does not do the french cut where you don't have an edge that will slice you. So far we've never been cut by an opened can lid so we're not worried about that.

We just wanted to buy a can opener that would still be cutting cans months (years! we're aiming for years!) later. This one does. Thank you John J. Steuby Company!!!

Update six months later - the can opener is still working. (that beats the box store brand already.)

July 23, 2014
Still working. We bought another one for our church kitchen when the one there died (or stopped cutting open cans.)

How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!
How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You [God] I Don't Have To Blog!, July 5, 2011
I'd rather give birth again than blog is my feeling but every one says you have to, you have to. And you must blog at least 3 times a week and it must be good content and who can do that?

John has shown how to build a following and a fan base with just a few deeply felt blog entries and a bit of work reaching out to people you personally really want to know.

Kudos to you John!

My Orange Duffel Bag: A Journey to Radical Change
My Orange Duffel Bag: A Journey to Radical Change
by Echo Montgomery Garrett
32 used & new from $3.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspires and Motivates Teens!, February 25, 2011
Teens are immediately drawn to this book even (especially) those who don't like to read. Even teens who hate to read and think "goal" is a football term, are touched and inspired. Better yet they decide to try changing their own lives.

Most teens don't know how to set, commit to and achieve goals. If my experience with raising my own teenagers and a series of foster teens is any indication, they also aren't particularly interested in learning those skills. Even worse, the ones who could really use a book like this usually don't like to read either.

Enter My Orange Duffel Bag. It's edgy. It has a canvas zippered cover. It uses collage-style art to tell the first part of the story. It's blunt. It tells about overcoming adversity. The hero lands a football scholarship at a great school. It outlines how the author (who works for Covey and they know something about the topic) learned to set and achieve goals. It gives a format for setting and reaching your own goals. It has a DVD in the back with music and multi-media. In short it's designed to appeal to it's audience.

Would a teen plunk down $25 for this book? Probably not. But I plunked down $250 for a dozen copies then took them to my family and friend gatherings.

I did not give them out. What I did was set one or two on an entry way table. Then I watched as people came in. Every kid from age 12 and up walked by, stopped, picked it up and started looking through it. "Awesome," each one said. Or something like that. Each flipped through it, stopped to read parts, made comments. Wanted one. Then I gave them out.

Even my 30-something son and 30-something nephew, both involved in scouting picked it up and looked through it. Then they said almost in unison, "We should get a bunch of these for the guys."

Right. So should you.