Profile for Kim C > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kim C RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, California)

Disney Princess Cinderella Wedding Carriage
Disney Princess Cinderella Wedding Carriage
Offered by i Liquid8 4U
Price: $74.99
12 used & new from $74.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps falling apart, December 25, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this toy for the princess fan in the house - our 4-year old daughter. She has a ton of Disney princess toys and plays with them all the time. She was absolutely thrilled when she opened this gift on Christmas morning, and wanted to play with it immediately.

I have several complaints with it though. First the cables connecting the horse to the carriage are very flimsy. They are difficult for kids to connect, and they disconnect easily. Second, the whole carriage is unstable. Both the horse and the carriage tip over easily. So she keeps getting frustrated when she puts the princess inside, tries to close the carriage door, and the whole thing flips over and the horse disconnects.

Another thing to mention. The princess inside is compatible with all of the other Disney princesses in similar collections (such as the various doll houses). But the clothing the princess is wearing is different than all the others. Her dress is made of hard plastic that comes in two pieces - front and back. Meanwhile all other princesses have the soft rubbery clothing that you slide onto the princess through the dress's neck hole. Admittedly, the two piece dress here is much easier for the kids to put on. But my daughter was surprised by the change.

adidas Performance Women's Adissage Fade W Athletic Sandal
adidas Performance Women's Adissage Fade W Athletic Sandal
Price: $23.99 - $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sore feet, December 25, 2012
I have owned several pairs of these sandals over the years, and I absolutely love them. They are NOT for all-day use. We keep these by the door for walking around the house or short trips outside. They're perfect for recovering from long runs or tired feet. They do take some getting used to if you have baby-soft feet, so you should start out with socks. Think of them as a massage - I love massages for up to an hour, and any more is irritating. Same deal with these sandals. They feel like someone is poking at your feet, which feels fantastic when your feet are sore. The main thing is to know what these sandals are all about. Don't expect these to be actual shoes. Think of them as a nice foot treatment. Much cheaper than going to the masseuse!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 8:04 PM PDT

Oakley Men's Goods Jacket, Black Camo, Large
Oakley Men's Goods Jacket, Black Camo, Large
Offered by Backstreet Shoes
Price: $138.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Light jacket for layering, December 25, 2012
I bought this jacket for my husband for Christmas and I must admit I'm a bit disappointed. It's a thin shell, so he'll need to wear fleece layers beneath it unless he's snowboarding in the spring. Also, there are NO interior pockets. The only pockets this jacket has are the two large zippered front pockets. A special pocket inside for a phone and/or wallet would have been better. The style and color are great (we bought the black camo color). The quality is great as well. In all, I'm torn. Given the price I paid (full price), I'm debating returning it and getting something thicker and with more pockets.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 1:24 PM PST

The First Years 2 Pack American Red Cross Sure Grip Nail Clippers
The First Years 2 Pack American Red Cross Sure Grip Nail Clippers

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy these clippers, June 25, 2009
These clippers are horrible. We heard "the pain cry" for the first time after clipping some of the baby's tiny finger. She was only 2 weeks old, and her finger bled for hours. We cried more than she did. When she was 2 months old and her fingers were a little bigger, we tried again with these clippers and chopped off even more of a finger than last time. I was so angry. I can't believe these things haven't been recalled.