Profile for luginla > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

luginla RSS Feed

Steve Martin: The Television Stuff
Steve Martin: The Television Stuff
DVD ~ Steve Martin
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $21.92
17 used & new from $13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait, August 15, 2012
I can't wait for this DVD set! I've always been a huge Steve Martin fan. Not only is he a hilarious comedian, but he's also a very respected musician (world-class banjo player), actor and screenwriter. I feel like Steve Martin is a true Renaissance man who can do it all.

According to the description and press release, this box set will include Steve Martin's specials that have never before been made available to the public. These hidden gems include his only two stand-up performances that were ever recorded live, including his Universal Amphitheater set from 1979. It looks like the DVD set will feature hilarious specials from early in his career, like his first ever TV appearance on "Dusty's Attic," his Oscar-nominated short film "The Absent-Minded Waiter," photos, interviews and a booklet.

This is going to be a must-own collection for any Steve Martin fan like myself. I'm really excited to see these performances that will shed new light onto Steve Martin outside of the movie-star we all know.

Hunt for Amazing Treasures 4pk
Hunt for Amazing Treasures 4pk
DVD ~ Artist Not Provided
2 used & new from $31.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great doc series, October 26, 2011
Great documentary series. One learns a lot and it's fun to watch with the family. I recommend it to anyone.

6 Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Rolling Stones / [2 DVD]
6 Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Rolling Stones / [2 DVD]
DVD ~ The Rolling Stones
Price: $31.19
5 used & new from $30.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Excited for these performances!, September 26, 2011
I'm really happy that the Rolling Stones' performances on The Ed Sullivan Show are finally coming out on DVD!

I'm excited to see all of their 17 performances on the show, particularly those of "Paint It, Black," "I (can't get no) Satisfaction," and "Lady Jane," which are also my all time favorite Stones' songs!

Best of the Temptations on the Ed Sullivan Show
Best of the Temptations on the Ed Sullivan Show
DVD ~ Temptations
Price: $9.89
29 used & new from $6.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Temps Forever, September 13, 2011
The Temptations were one of a kind. I've been waiting for this DVD for years. The Temptations, along with other Motown artists, contributed to the world of music immensely!
To this day, they continue to captivate millions of people around the world with their voices, unique attire and their dance choreographies. "Just My Imagination" is an all-time classic and their medley with the Supremes was unforgettable! Now that is worth the cost of the DVD alone!

The Best of the Supremes on the Ed Sullivan Show
The Best of the Supremes on the Ed Sullivan Show
DVD ~ Supremes
Price: $9.89
31 used & new from $8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 26, 2011
As a Supremes and Motown fan, I could not be more excited about this DVD. I can't wait to re-live their performances of "Baby Love," "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Love Child." So much to love!

Along with that, I'm excited for the bonus of "Up The Ladder To The Roof", which I have never seen before. The Supremes were a class act and I'm very excited to add this DVD to my collection!

Motown Gold From the Ed Sullivan Show
Motown Gold From the Ed Sullivan Show
DVD ~ Motown Gold From the Ed Sullivan Show
Price: $13.79
33 used & new from $10.81

5.0 out of 5 stars My Top 5!!, August 24, 2011
Anyone who loves music and music history should check this one out! This is a must have for any music fan. I believe, without a doubt, that Motown gave us the greatest artists of our time. My top 5 favorite Motown artists are ALL included here:
1. The Jackson 5
2. The Temps
3. Stevie Wonder
4. The Supremes
5. Smokey

What else could I ask for? I'm counting the days until I can own these 2 DVD's on September 13th!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2012 12:00 AM PST

Ed Sullivan Presents: Rock 'N' Roll Revolution [DVD]
Ed Sullivan Presents: Rock 'N' Roll Revolution [DVD]
DVD ~ Various Artists
Price: $11.99
23 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed Sullivan + classic rock = perfect combo!, August 3, 2011
Really great! Awesome memorable performances like The Beatles' first US performance on The Ed Sullivan Show, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Mamas & The Papas, and many other great artists. Quality is really good. I truly enjoyed it. If you like classic rock, you'll definitely like this DVD. It has great videos from the Ed Sullivan show. Indeed, one of the best, if not the best variety show America's ever had.

Elvis Presley: The Great Performances [DVD]
Elvis Presley: The Great Performances [DVD]
DVD ~ Elvis Presley
Price: $13.79
34 used & new from $9.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Elvis performances, home movies, music..., August 3, 2011
I really recommend you buy this DVD! If you're an Elvis fan (I am!) or simply admire good music, then you will love "Elvis- The Great Performances". Not only it includes more than 30 performances of his greatest hits and other bonus features, but also the quality of it is superb. The videos were great and it really made me feel like I was a part of those performances. I was surprised to see that there's even an option to listen to it in 5.1 Audio, which I recommend you do, because it enhances the quality of his music even more. I'm very happy and satisfied with my new purchase.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 12:05 PM PST