Profile for Mark Zimmerman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Zimmerman RSS Feed (Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ladies and Gentlemen...The Bangles!
Ladies and Gentlemen...The Bangles!
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great collection of early Bangs/Bangles recordings, December 10, 2014
This is a great collection of early Bangs/Bangles recordings. Michael Steele plays bass on only two live tracks; the rest of the songs have bass supplied by Annette Zilinskas or Debbi Peterson. The set includes both sides of the first Bangs single, the entire IRS EP, and some other rarely heard recordings. A bargain at any price!

A Florence Foster Jenkins Recital!!!!
A Florence Foster Jenkins Recital!!!!
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Florence Foster Jenkins, May 8, 2014
Florence Foster Jenkins was from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania where I now reside. She is entombed in the Wilkes-Barre Cemetery, right across the street from General Hospital, and she took with her the secret of her "talents." Most critics agree that she was the worst opera singer who ever lived. Still, she managed to sell out concert halls all around the world. She's truly one of a kind. If nothing else, this record will do an excellent job of clearing out any unwanted guests from your home. Florence has that effect on people.

Dizrythmia
Dizrythmia
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dizrythmia, May 5, 2014
This review is from: Dizrythmia (MP3 Music)
The first LP by Split Enz and, for me, still their best. If you enjoy good pop/rock, this is the album for you.

Rebel Rouser
Rebel Rouser
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebel Rouser, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Rebel Rouser (MP3 Music)
I've said elsewhere that Duane Eddy was my first guitar hero after my father, and this is the first single by him that I bought. It's rock and roll at its best.

My Uncle Used To Love Me But She Died (Single Version)
My Uncle Used To Love Me But She Died (Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Uncle Used To Love Me But She Died, January 19, 2014
I finally wore out my single version of this song, so I had to buy the MP3...it's one of Roger's wackiest songs, and a sheer delight.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 5:41 PM PST

It's My Life
It's My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars It's My Life, January 19, 2014
This review is from: It's My Life (MP3 Music)
This is one of my favorite Animals recordings. It also has a personal angle for me...it was played right before my old bands first show at The Bethlehem Arts Center in Pennsylvania.

Keep On Dancing
Keep On Dancing

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep On Dancing, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Keep On Dancing (MP3 Music)
Simple but very effective. I can recall my mother and sister dancing to this song when The Gentrys performed it on "Shindig."

Boss Guitar
Boss Guitar
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boss Guitar, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Boss Guitar (MP3 Music)
One of my favorite Duane Eddy recordings. He was my first guitar hero, after my father. Then George Harrison, Dave Davies, and Frank Zappa came along...

I've Told Every Little Star (Original Master)
I've Told Every Little Star (Original Master)

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Told Every Little Star, January 19, 2014
A great old classic. I remember hearing this on an old transistor radio during a family cook-out in the early 60s.

The Allnighter
The Allnighter
DVD ~ Susanna Hoffs
Price: $9.93
29 used & new from $4.02

2.0 out of 5 stars "The Allnighter" with Susanna Hoffs, November 6, 2013
This review is from: The Allnighter (DVD)
Warning to other buyers: The information on Amazon states that there is a commentary. There is none. Also, the promised bonus movie "The Hair Cut" is not on the DVD that was sent to me. As that movie was my main reason for purchasing this DVD, I was very disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3