Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Fez > Reviews

Browse

Fez's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fez RSS Feed

USB Pet Rock
USB Pet Rock
Offered by WH Consortium
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, This is amazing. Hands-Down! Saved my laptop!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: USB Pet Rock (Toy)
First of all, I believe everything has a good use in this world. And this USB rock surely does. It literally saved me over $700 (which I will explain how, but bear with me first).

I get SOOOO much attention from my friends thanks to this. When I'm at work, I hook it up to my laptop and EVERY ONE came to me to look at it. They were pretty amazed at this rock.
I told them "It's not just a rock, it's a USB rock". And they were like "What? I'm getting one RIGHT NOW". You can put your papers underneath this thing and those papers WILL NOT FLY EVERYWHERE. They will STAY THERE. NO KIDDING.

I really like the box it comes with so you can take it with you. Sometimes he wants to run away, but that box keeps him calm. Also, if you get one be careful not to step on his tail. His tail isn't that long, but it's great quality. Just DON'T hang him by the tail, that hurts him really really bad.
He loves the little house he has, but try to give him some room. He isn't friendly to other things with tails. If he sees anything with a tail, he will turn into a level 99 Geodude and use Rock Throw. You've been warned.

I do wish it came in different colors, but let's not be racist here. Oh, some of you might be curious as to why he has a tail? Well, it's very simple, you use it to charge him. Apparently, the more electricity you feed him, the heavier he gets. Hence, you can put bigger stack of papers underneath him and he will stay there like a 2,000 LB iron egg. The charge lasts for about 3 business days. For some reason, weekends don't fluctuate the charge (kinda like the stock market). Gender? I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I assume it's a "he". Who cares?

OK, so how did he save me seven-hundred dollars? So I charged him for about a week because I was out of town. I came back home. Hooked him up to my ultrabook (which is light). My ultrabook was on the edge of the table and flew down. ALMOST. But thanks to the heavy rock, my ultrabook was hanging by my rock's saving-life tail. I quickly ran to it and grabbed my ultrabook. USB Rock saved me $700. Legit. I was so happy. So I fed him some water. He likes water, well he is supposed to. Didn't you pay attention in science class? Water makes rocks harder! DUH!

Is it a must buy? No.
Will he bring a great experience to your life? YES. He saved hundreds of dollars and turned my coworkers into FRIENDS. I can't describe how happy I am.
GET OFF YOUR @SS and buy one. By the way, you might need to get thicker box because mine ripped through it. He got so heavy. But he is so cute.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2015 4:57 AM PST

Ty Beanie Ballz - Bananas the Monkey
Ty Beanie Ballz - Bananas the Monkey
Offered by JLG_Enterprises
Price: $6.99
21 used & new from $1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved it! =D But...., February 14, 2012
So I ordered Bananas (that's the actual product's name) for 2012's Valentine's Day. My girlfriend completely adored it. He is small, chubby, cute, happy and brown! I like him a lot.

Bananas is pretty much the size of your fist if you close it. If you want a bigger version, the manufacturer's website has a bigger size for $10. I got the $5 version and it fit well in a regular gift bag. The only minor complaint I had was that his hands are flappy because they are were kinda bent. Which is no big deal, but they extended outwards not flat as the picture shown. Either way, Bananas was cute.

Oh, if you're wondering what was wrong with it? My girlfriend said me and him look very much alike =/. Oh well, at least she's happy and she'll pay for my lunch tomorrow =D

BUY BANANAS! HE WILL SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!!!!! XD

Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200 Prepaid Mobile Hotspot (Virgin Mobile)
Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200 Prepaid Mobile Hotspot (Virgin Mobile)
12 used & new from $12.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and Great for Entertainment, Don't Expect The Best Though., August 2, 2011
This Mifi is very useful. Simply turn it on, put in your pocket and turn on your tablet/smarpthone/laptop.

Walmart has an exclusive $20/1Gb/month plan on their stores, which is great value. Although the item does what it does, there are some problems. In the southestern part of the USA, along the highways, the service cuts off. I can't explain why (poor coverage) but why wont they cover there? It's annoying. For some reason, as soon as you try to charge this thing, it turns on and it gets hot QUICK! I mean, really quick! I've never, ever, seen a small electronic get hot/warm that quick. It scares a little, because it makes you question the longetivity. Either way, it works and I take care of mine. I really do. Also, maybe I'm crazy and demanding but the speed *should* be faster. For surfing blogs, e-mail, small videos and forums it's fine. However, videos and gaming shouldnt be in your list. You'll burn through it and be frustrated by the slow speeds.

You should only get it for on-the-go light entertainment. It has value (although that mifi should cost less) but there is no contract and the plans are flexible. My best suggestion, get Walmart's $20 1GB plan. Most people will not use more than 2GB. If you think you will, get two Walmart cards or pay $50 for the unlimited 3G speed.

Great value and definitely feels great without the damn contract. Although, feel free to explore other options (T-Mobile, Verizon or whatever). Worth a look though.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2012 2:08 AM PDT

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $21.80
62 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great. Let me explain., June 29, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
First off, let me say this: Yes, there is only one permanent save file allowed. To me, it's no problem. I'm RE fan and plan on keeping this game. To others, it's a pain and I understand. My review is not affected by the lack of save file configuration. This review is based on the gameplay, features and graphics.

Gameplay:

Guess what? It's good. If you played Mercenaries, either on Resident Evil 4 or Resident Evil 5 (or even the arcade Biohazard shooters), you'll get a familiar sense but with curve balls. New enemies on familiar plains, they are a bit stronger and it can get fast paced quickly if you slow down. The reloading while running, and shooting while moving helps with the fast pace. Sometimes that's not enough and moving around will be necessary. You'll be thinking you need a partner sometimes! You'll be busy since you have to replay with everyone to fully complete the game. There are bonus perks for your characters and even alternate costumes. If you are not used to your character, I suggest you to practice and practice. Co-op play is fun but if it's get packed with people there might be network problems. It might be just my 3DS but I kept dropping my connection. Of course, that only happens once in a while. Co-op play is fun, nevertheless.
If you are sitting on a restaurant, waiting for the doctor or trying to forget your ex, this game works. It's good and it can get you hooked.

Features:
Alternate costumes, 8 characters, weapons, new enemies, co-op online, and upgrades. I mean, yes it's fine but it doesn't seem enough. You feel sooner or later "That's it?". Oh wait, there is a Resident Evil Revelations demo. Don't get hyped up, it's fun but not long enough. Anyway, the lack of extras (more characters, more missions, more levels, better presentation) will keep you asking yourself. Hopefully, Capcom will add new downloadable content sometime this fall.

Graphics:

I was mildly impressed but I believe it can be better. You will notice 1 second frame rate issues sometimes and it makes you wonder why it does that? Even a PSP does better but oh well Nintendo. The game could do better in terms of graphics and anti-liaising (better texture, in other words). If you think I'm blowing smoke, look at the Revelations demo and compare it to Mercenaries. You'll see a difference in graphics. Fortunately (or at least, depending on your perspective), the 3D view enhances the graphics with anti-liaising and is very pleasing. I believe the 3D enhances the game play, but I think Capcom should've work a bit more on their presentation. Either way, it's not fugly, but not great. It's alright. A bit below the standard of PSP. Just a bit.

Oh, one more thing: Controllers.
There is 4 different styles. You have to get used to it but with previous Mercenaries experience in a couple of hours you'll get the hang of it. I had to try but I finally picked the default controllers. Capcom should have added the option to edit your own controllers. Publishers know, they know, that games for enthusiasts or fans (Gran Turismo, Street Fighter, BlazBlue, for example) need the option to edit buttons. They didn't do that here. This game is for fans and enthusiasts. It is, but no option to nit-pick controllers. Either way, the included set of controllers should appease everyone.

Yes, it's a buy and definitely not a rent. If you can wait for the price to drop, I don't blame you though. $29.99 is a fair price. Btw, I heard this Sunday (June 2nd, 2011), Kmart will sell this game for $29.99. There you go.

Resident Evil fans, you will be slightly disappointing but it's a must in our collection.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2011 10:34 AM PDT

James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace - Xbox 360
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace - Xbox 360
Offered by quality&goods
Price: $25.99
85 used & new from $0.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, Good Replay Value and Challenging., June 17, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I expected a bit more from this James Bond game but it was good. The mechanics and gameplay flow smoothly but can become repetitive. However, if you enjoy it, it won't bother you at all. The online play was fun but it had nothing special.

The game is about 6 to 12 hours long, in other words: not long enough. To make up for it, you can spend time with achievements and beating the game in the hardest mode. It's good. To me: A bit addicting since I like the soundtrack and good graphics, they really add to your mood.

It could've been better, but for the price Amazon is selling it out now (today is June 18th, 2011) it is definitely worth it.

Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology
Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology
by Edgar Lee Masters
61 used & new from $2.88

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Play For The Educated., January 31, 2011
I performed in this play in my early college high school, in NC.
At first, I was skeptic. I couldn't believe people would listen or understand this. But after more rehearsals and tedious reading, I began to appreciate it.

Actually, the best way to appreciate or at least understand this play is by performing it or watching the performance. No lie. There is no way you can gather the real experience by reading it.
I played as four characters, the first one on page 18 (can't remember his name, Eugene Carmen, Willard Fluke, and Reverend Sibley.
I literally had to transform my character four times, respectively, from frustrated and desperate (1st role), to irate and irked (2nd role), to sad and disillusioned (3rd role), to cynical and aspiring.
That's a heavy load if you ask me. I'm a seasoned actor at my high school but it took weeks of continous reading and performance. We did a good job. But if you plan on using this for your high school and church event, here is the truth:
It's not easy. As a matter of fact, I hope you are an experience director and skilled actor. I only did fantastic because my director taught us how to teach ourselves.

Set and props are not really needed (except for chairs and costumes and music) but it all weighs on the actor. If you wish to study this for a research paper, go see the play. If you plan on doing it, you better have a good team or a group of actors willing to learn.

On our performance, half of our actors were new. About 80% hit their role about right while the other 20% did OK. The rest of the half (which included me) did good but it was still not easy--we had to learn something. There is very few parts were actors converse, but the rest are just monologues. Comic relief is scarce (but still there) so we had to depend on our voice and body to catch the audiences' attention.

It's a good play to learn and to teach to others but only if they are willing to understand poetry. But it takes time and a lot of patience. I have done The Crucible and The Sound of Music. Both of those two are NOT as intense character-wise as Spoon River.

Cheers to everyone!

LG BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2010 Model)
LG BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2010 Model)
4 used & new from $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy for novices and enough for geeks....like me., October 20, 2010
I ordered a BD570 from Amazon a few weeks ago. The BD570 I bought was used (so I save 10 bucks) but it looks and just like new. And to further strengthen my review, I want to let you know that I own 2 BD570's. I bought one from HHGregg and one from Amazon.

As soon as received my product, I updated the product through Wifi. As of the writing of this review, the latest update included the addon of Divx TV--which is internet tv for free. Very nice.

What's my take?
The features are spectacular: DLNA (which allows sharing of files in wireless networks), N-Wifi (the latest in the market, but it works fine with G signals), freedom of Youtube,

Why did I buy it? Why would you buy it?
The truth is all of can buy a simple and cheap blu ray player for about 60 to 80 bucks and not worry about the extra features. But if you are willing to shell out a third more for features for a premium experience this is a great choice. I would the the included Wifi, Netflix is what makes this player stand out. Other competitors have a wifi-READY player and expect you to shell out more bucks. You save more on the long term if you buy this BD570. If you don't care for Netflix, there is really no need for this Blu Ray, but I highly recommend it. The other features, such as Vudu, Cinema Now are more expensive but should be good enough for any videophile.

Performance
It could be faster. There I said it. I was a little dissapointed when I realize it wasn't as fast. I mean it's speedy enough, but my best guess is that the interface slows it down not the hardware. It's nothing to be bothered about really.
In regards of disc-reading, it does a good job. I've only had one instance where it froze on me and it was a DVD not a Bluray so I knew it was the disc. I unloaded the disc and recleaned it and loaded it. It kept playing.
The upscaling is very good. You must understand, it's hard to judge upscaling in today's market but it does what it's supposed to do. The upsaling, depending on which movie, will be noticeably good most of the time (I view my movies on a 42" 720p plasma).

Quality.
Deep inside the product, the software is intuitively built. For a software to hold all those interfaces it takes a litle bit of power.
However, the quality on the outside could be better. I'm talking about the feel of the product. It feels like, but I hate that metal-plasticky feeling. It's just awkward and cheap. If you drop this BD570, it will get scratched despite the almost matte feeling. Of course, most of don't carry the BD570 around the house. But if you plan to, don't be afraid to cover it with something.
Another thing, it won't get full of dust either.

Extra Features
Simplink. Very useful. I hooked up my LG BD570 to my LG 42PJ350. The simplink makes it convenient and all you really need is the BD570's controller once you start using it BUT it won't have all the features such as the one that lets you change the type of screen or video presets. It's annoying, but during a simple use it's nice.

Support
My best guess is that this product will keep receiving support until next summer. That's my guess, of course. It might go until December 2011, but no more than that. I'm very inclined to the tech market and knowledgeable. Call support is nice but I've ran into some buttholes. The best thing to do: Once you receive your product, call LG (the number is pasted on top of the BD570, convenient!) and register your product and name. It makes it much easier. So far I've registered 3 products to them and everytime I call I simply say who I am and they know who I am. No problem.
By the way, KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. KEEP IT. KEEP IT. MAKES COPIES. WHATEVER. Warranty will be free only (for one year) if you include a receipt or a copy of it. If you don't have one and request support from LG, they will bill you.

Why not the BD590?
It's a little expensive and most of us don't have use for the extra hard drive. I mean, if you rip or torrent (which is illegal) movies, you can do it. I just don't think it's necessary because of the DNLA feature. If you have a movie in another computer simply stream it through DNLA. Simple.
Oh, and you if you have USB plugged in you can access BD Live but I have no use for that.

Good buy? DEFINIELY. I love LG. Even though it might be 15% higher in some cases, it's worth it. I plan on buying more from LG to build my registered profile. If you don't like the product, return it to the retailer.
I suggest you to buy it used straight from Amazon. If you didn't like it, you have 30 days to return it and you save yourself 10 bucks. Amazon says the product will have scruffs, but WHATEVER! Mine didn't have a single touch! NOT ONE! I guess they want you to buy the new one (good marketing tactic by the way) =)

Ok, cheers!
and I hope you enjoy it!