Profile for William J. Martin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William J. Martin "Bill" RSS Feed (Kurtistownl, HI)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Shock Diamonds
Shock Diamonds
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars damfine writing, February 4, 2015
This review is from: Shock Diamonds (Kindle Edition)
Can't wait for the next book!
More adventures of the crew of the Griffin!
Where they all going next time?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, October 10, 2014
Sorry to see it end!
I was on the edge of my seat all the way through the book. Awesome!

WearEver T8010261 Freedom Nonstick Hard Enamel Porcelain Fry Pan, 8-Inch, Black
WearEver T8010261 Freedom Nonstick Hard Enamel Porcelain Fry Pan, 8-Inch, Black
Offered by Creative Outlets 4U LLC
Price: $20.74
5 used & new from $20.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever owned., July 27, 2014
Nice replacement for an older one of the same series. Heavy and heavy duty. Good cooking tool.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, Book 5)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, Book 5)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm enjoying all the books, thus far. However ..., July 27, 2014
I'm enjoying all the books, thus far.
However, I have several bones to pick with the purchasing process, lack of being able to contact someone AT www.pottermore.com.
Not being able to connect, and getting no email response for a forgotten, (or in my case a non-functioning), password. the main one.
Pricing seems to be skyrocketing over time.

When attempting to get a response for the above-mentioned password, I didn't receive a method to resolve that, but instead, received an Advertisement for even MORE books.
Here is the email I attempted to use to get in touch with www.Pottermore.com. It was bounced. Apparently there is no way to rouse a human being on the site.

"Pottermore website:
7/27/14
1pm

I have been using the internet, and browsers since the early 90’s.

I have NEVER run into so many problems on a website in my life.

I have now managed to create THREE (3) different accounts, and using 1Password, have saved the account information for each.  However, whenever I come back to Pottermore I can’t Sign In!!!  EVERY single time it tells me that one or both fields is wrong.

NOW, it seems that each of the three tabs at the top of www.pottermore.com requires not only a different sign in, but also a different email address.  WTH????

AND the so-called HELP link doesn’t; and there is NO email address to contact Customer Service or Support!!!! to contact a REAL walking, talking, thinking human being. J. K. Rowling is nowhere on the horizon to crack the whip and see that the website starts meeting at least most of the standard UI’s of the rest of the internet world.
AND in some of the tabs, the Human recognition authorization software on the sign in link, that hasn’t worked since 2002, is not, (SURPRISE), working!!!

ALL I want to do is go to AMAZON.com and buy a durned HP book.
And have you noticed, the price for the Kindle edition keeps going up? From about $5 a few months ago to $7 and now to $10. (Printing costs???, Paper? Distribution?) Hello? Its ones and zeros. Its digital.

This is the most screwed up website of the hundreds of bookmarks I have.
I am a Macintosh computer support tech, running my own business since 1985, doing that work, and this is NOT my first rodeo.

PLEASE tell me how I can REGISTER just ONCE and access the danged Pottermore.com website without this kind of hassle every time I try to log in.

I have registered under both my email addresses, both of them part of my owned domain, with up to 3-4 different re-created passwords, and they never work more than for one visit.

Will someone PLEASE help straighten this out????

Bill"

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, Book 4)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Checkout at Pottermore, June 22, 2014
I like the books... BUT, checking out of the Pottermore store is a pain in the okole!

I have never encountered an online store that made you click, click, click over and over again so many times just to get the transaction accomplished!

I really wish we could JUST, PLEASE streamline this process! It is just PAINFUL!

Satechi Bluetooth Wireless Smart Keypad for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and Mac Mini
Offered by Satechi
Price: $49.99
7 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Setting up the Bluetooth, April 7, 2014
I bought this for a client. It looks nice sitting beside an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad.

HOWEVER, the instructions for setting up on a Mac, don't really reflect real-world on Mavericks. They need to re-write the instructions for a Real-World setup scenario. It asked me if it was a Japanese keyboard, some other kind of Keyboard or a US 102 or 110 key keyboard. (obviously none of which applied.)

I kind of ignored all that and the Mac did tell me it was a Calculator keyboard and that it was connected.

Confusing, but only took about 5 minutes. And the popup splash screen kept telling me that it was an unrecognized device.

Only 4 stars for the "not so clear" instructions.

Amish Country Popcorn Mushroom 2 Pounds
Amish Country Popcorn Mushroom 2 Pounds
Offered by Grand Lake Country Store
Price: $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great popcorn, March 19, 2014
Far surpasses the popcorn from the local supermarket, or that stuff you do in the microwave.
Big, round, mushroom cap shaped popcorn. I'll definitely be renewing my order.

Iwatani Cooking Torch, 9,725 BTU/h
Iwatani Cooking Torch, 9,725 BTU/h
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $24.99
15 used & new from $24.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, March 19, 2014
Perfect for creating a great malliard reaction on a sous vide steak or chicken breast.
This is the perfect kitchen tool for finishing a creme brulé.

The Eighth Science Fiction Megapack: 25 Modern and Classic Stories
The Eighth Science Fiction Megapack: 25 Modern and Classic Stories
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars best I've read in years, March 10, 2014
I was beginning to think there no more space operas. This one kept me up nights reading till my eyelids slammed shut. Wonderful!

Premier Collar 1" Medium, Red
Premier Collar 1" Medium, Red
Price: $10.02
3 used & new from $4.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter Storms played havoc with this shipment, February 15, 2014
But, thanks to Michelle at ShopALots, and her tigerish proactive attitude toward Customer Service, the collar arrived.
The collar is everything I was looking for, and more: Quality workmanship, sturdy construction, and a great training collar.
Happy customer now.