Profile for M. Santos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Santos "TOESondaNOSE" RSS Feed (kailua, HI)

Page: 1 | 2
Canon RS-80N3 Remote Switch for EOS-1V/1VHS, EOS-3, EOS-D2000, D30, D60, 1D, 1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II,III, EOS-1Ds Mark II,III, EOS-10D, 20D, 30D,40D, 50D, 5D
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $42.00
41 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Product did not work, two stage trigger faulty. ..., January 31, 2015
Product did not work, two stage trigger faulty. Would focus and release shutter at the same time not separately and the connector won't release out from camera body! Replacing

Surfears Earplugs - Let Sound In - Keep Water Out
Surfears Earplugs - Let Sound In - Keep Water Out
Offered by KONA Sports
Price: $56.72
9 used & new from $51.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, January 31, 2015
Love this product! I live in Hawaii and don't need it for the cold, but rather the sand since I do surf photography in shore break and usually end up with ears full of sand! So much so that my ear canals would start to get irritated and swell from cleaning, then I'd get hearing issues cause the sand would be caught against my ear drum! With these no problems! Won't go in the shore break without um...... Well unless it was super good! 😀

Update: After lots of use I have a few things to add. First off they really do stay put in my ears, through big Sandy turbines in the shore break they hold great. The hearing with these are ok, if water sits on the hydrobaric mesh sounds are very muffled but still very audible, sounds like people are whispering when taking to you, and you end up taking to them in a lower voice 😁 All no sand in the ears!

FilterDude - LEE Compatible 72mm Wide Angle Adapter Ring for Filter Holder

39 used & new from $44.99

Pretty fun!

Tiffen 72mm UV Protection Filter
Tiffen 72mm UV Protection Filter
Price: Click here to see our price
26 used & new from $1.99

I always use these

Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Price: $598.00
13 used & new from $488.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 28, 2014
Great lens well made and very good image quality!

Ape Case ACLC4 Medium Pouch for Lenses (Black/Yellow)
Ape Case ACLC4 Medium Pouch for Lenses (Black/Yellow)
Price: $11.52

Sony QX1 Smartphone Attachable Mirrorless Digital Camera- Body Only
Price: $398.00
7 used & new from $300.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light travel companion camera, December 15, 2014
Aloha first off a little about myself for reference, I'm an enthusiast shooter that loves landscapes, cityscapes, and surfphotography. I also do model and animal photos too occasionally. I've shot with canon xt/xsi, 7D, 5D, and 5D mrk iii, and now the QX1. I primarily bought this QX1 for it's very small size and great image quality for quick short trips. I have it in my backpack all the time and don't even notice it's there.

Why I like it:
-Like I mentioned it's very small and light. (About the size of a 18-50mm low end kit lens)
-APS-C sized sensor (found in Nikon and Sony cropped sensor DSLRs)
-Exceptionally dynamic sensor ( I couldn't believe how much detail I could pull out from shadows and hightlights )
-Shoots in RAW format!!!! Which totally sold it for me!
-Is an ILC which means you can change lenses to suit your shooting style
-Has a pop up flash
-Has a tripod mount
-If I loose it or break it, it's $400 instead of $700 minimum for an a6 or a7 ( which is the difference between a slight cuss fest and bawling in the corner :D )
-Focusing and metering is pretty spot on!
-The mobile app is super easy to use and does offer a lot of manual control AV and TV, NOT MANUAL!! please, please, please in a firmware update!!!
-Am able to use my expensive Lee filters because the e mount lenses are threaded!
-Has the newest Bionz X processor

Why I don't like it:
-Some reviews say it shoots 10 frames per second, that is not correct. It shoots 3 frames per second. ( I believe the Sony QX30 and QX1 came out at the same time and I believe they did some copy and pasting between the two. The QX30 shoots 10fps, the QX1 shoots 3ish fps) Please correct me if I'm wrong.
-It's almost impossible to shoot using your phone as a view finder in the bright daylight.
-It takes too long from off, to ready to shoot for quick on the fly shooting. ( I don't use it for that though)
-It says it offers Manual control which it does, but please don't confuse manual control with Manual control! LOL XD Ok sorry thought it was funny, it offers manual control via AV and TV shooting modes, but does NOT have M (Manual) shooting mode(able to control aperture and shutter values), is what I'm trying to say.

I've attached a couple photos which is 1 raw image turned to jpeg with no alterations at all, 1 with 100% blacks and shadows bumped up in LR5, and 100% cropped of each to show details.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the fact that it can't shoot 10fps like some reviews stated. Other than that I love this thing!! :D
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2015 6:35 AM PDT

Domke 722-19U F-34 19-Inch Protective Wrap (Blue)
Domke 722-19U F-34 19-Inch Protective Wrap (Blue)
Price: $14.89
5 used & new from $14.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, October 2, 2014
I use this to protect camera gear in my pack and pelican case. Since I travel and my gear always changes depending on where I'm going, these are irreplaceable! Instead of using pluck foam for my pelican case, I use these which will protect and clean all different size gear. With the pluck foam your limited to what goes in, with these wraps any bag can become a camera bag! Love them!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for oversized security chain covering, October 2, 2014
If you're looking for a new covering for a torn or faded motorcycle security chain than this is it! It fits perfectly over the over sized links, and still has a little room. The only thing is I couldn't find it in a florescent color to warn off thieves from a distance. But with this roll, I'll be set and will never have to worry about covering my chain.

Page: 1 | 2