Profile for Sharon L > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon L RSS Feed (Birmingham, AL USA)

Echo Mykonos Sateen Sheet Set, White, Queen
Echo Mykonos Sateen Sheet Set, White, Queen
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $56.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is superb, March 31, 2013
The Myknonos comforter has been hard to match. The colors are not as represented on the label. Instead of being light teal, they are really a pale wedgewood color. Having said that, I had to get sheets that would match this unusual blue. This set made so much sense. When they came in, they were lovely quality.

Prom Halter Dress New Elegant Long Gown #2780
Prom Halter Dress New Elegant Long Gown #2780
Offered by US Fairytailes
Price: $114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful--order larger size, February 12, 2013
This dress fits many body types. Advice: buy larger! I wear a 6 but ordered a 10. Best decision ever. The rib cage part is cut tight and the ruching makes it hard to zip. I used a bar of soap on zipper. Length can be cut off but there is not enough to let out. The dress swirls and has a great lining so is not see through. Got so many compliments. I bought the royal blue and the burgundy. I plan buy more colors!

Utopia© Drop Earrings- crystal ball set with clear diamond Swarovski Crystal, 12mm Diameter Decorative Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite!, October 6, 2012
I lost my favorite "go to" earrings and started the search on Amazon. Eureka! I found a pair of Utopia Drop Earrings that are just beautiful. They put enough sparkle not to get lost in my dark hair. The price was so reasonable and I have had no regrets. I'm now looking at other colors.

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
by Kerry Patterson
Price: $12.18
268 used & new from $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My "Top 10" Books for Life and Living Well, December 30, 2011
I was raised in a family where conflict was avoided at all costs. Things were "smoothed over" or ignored completely. The reality is that the payback was just delayed and there were negative consequences. I found myself as a young adult not being able to deal with someone who sexually harassed me at work (this was in the days before there were prevention policies), biting my tongue when my boss would scream at me in front of others, and unable to confront someone who stepped out of line and revealed a confidence. I held these things inside me along with the "I wish I had done this" thoughts. Then I read this book.

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High, taught me to look inside myself and figure out how I had kept these events alive in my head and relived them again and again. I looked at how I portrayed the people involved (including myself!) More importantly, I learned how to see these "villains" as humans.

And there are happy endings to report! I went back in every situation and used ths skills in the book and talked to each person involved and got some real closure:

1. The boss (now ex-boss) is a now good friend who says that our conversation about his behavior changed him for for the better,

2. I came to understand that the person who harassed me didn't like himself very much and went after others to make up for this. We ended up on good terms.

3. I also talked to the person who stepped over the line about violating the confidence and found that he thought he was helping me with his actions and realized that he only made things worse and regretted his decision. He apologized.

In short, I found peace and a renewed sense that I would never again live in the "I wish I had said/done this instead" state.

I used this book to teach my daughter skills to handle tough communication issues. She confidently dealt with a bully who spread rumors about her on her college campus. She got two departments who were fighting to talk respectfully about their issues with one another and reach resolution. She convinced staff members to sit down with a manager who had a volatile temper and whose expectations were vague and unreasonable, and clarify what the manager really wanted. And keep in mind, she was only a student worker on a team with very senior members. I know that she will handle any tough conversation that arises with courage, confidence and skills.

And what about the rest of my family? I have raised the bar so that we get things out on the table in a very safe way and deal with them on the spot. Life is so much better!

I recommend that this book be put on everyone's "Top Ten Books for Better Living."

Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Greeting Card - Free One-Day Shipping
Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Greeting Card - Free One-Day Shipping
Price: $10.00 - $2,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing prize!, December 20, 2010
I won this in a company sponsored contest. It was fun to watch the mail and wait for it to arrive. In the meantime, I shopped th Amazon site to see what I might buy! When it arrived, I accessed my account, put in the numbers and it immediately showed up in my account. Nothing could have been easier!

Delta 583-SSWF C-Spout Single-Handle Centerset Lavatory Faucet with Metal Pop-Up, Stainless

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta Does It Again, March 22, 2010
We decided to remodel our bathroom. We had brass fixtures and decided to go with brushed stainlesss. We have always had single handle faucets, so that was a no-brainer. Every person at Lowes, our contractor, etc. all said to buy Delta. We looked on line and found that the best prices and the exact style we wanted could be had so much cheaper than through Amazon than from any other source. Lowes had to install them because our new cabinets came from there. They noted that one connection piece was too short (sorry for lack of technical terms) but I had already read about that on other reviews. The faucet operation is smooth and the water flow is perfect. We are glad that we took the plunge with Delta.

Influencer: The Power to Change Anything
Influencer: The Power to Change Anything
by Kerry Patterson
Price: $20.96
255 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Influencer not about quick fix, but making change stick, September 22, 2007
I am often struck at how easy it to want a "quick fix" when there is a problem. I have also noticed how these quick fixes can many times lead to resolving one situation but creating problems in other areas. This book is about how to get ahead of the desired change and to think broadly about all the issues that need to be considered in advance. The authors studied successful changes and then worked backwards to figure out what worked. They devise a very logical model that addresses every facet that could be a pitfall.

After reading this book I met with a client who was trying to put forth a new procedure in the organization. We used this model and together worked through several concerns that would have sabotaged the impending change.

I am also involved in a new effort within my church to study poverty in our area and what can be done to combat this issue. This process will certainly figure in my thinking around this serious issue.

Make no mistake, this book is not a "just add water" quickie process. Instead, it is about a strategic methodology that forces one to stop and consider how to avoid planting an unintentional minefield.

It also occurred to me that this could be a good "post mortem" tool to step back and evaluate any completed project or major effort to expand the thinking about what worked and what didn't. The model would be a good tool for an organization that is involved in continuous learning.

OEM PALM TREO 650 700 680 750 OEM ORIGINAL DATA SYNC CABLE
OEM PALM TREO 650 700 680 750 OEM ORIGINAL DATA SYNC CABLE
Offered by Phonil
Price: $4.76
7 used & new from $3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Palm Treo Sync Cord, July 31, 2007
Had a disaster at my house--my Palm Treo sync cord was MIA. Not to worry!! I found one on Amazon and voila! It showed up at my doorstep! I was finally able to get things in order. Great cord!! PS: found my original, the cords are EXACTLY the same and now I have an extra for traveling!

The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It
by David Niven
Price: $10.29
121 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People, The, May 16, 2007
What a fun book! I went to a conference where the speaker referred to this book. Some suggestions are already a part of my habits, but there are some real gems that are new. Get this book and get happy!!