Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for keithabramo > Reviews

Browse

keithabramo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

keithabramo RSS Feed

Panasonic SC-BTT490 Energy Star 5.1-Channel 1000-Watt Full HD 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System with Built-in Wi-Fi (2012 Model)

3.0 out of 5 stars wireless internet very unstable, September 10, 2012
I received this product a couple weeks ago and it was very simple to set up. No big issues there. The sounds is fantastic. Very crisp and the sub resonates the whole room. So hardware-wise this product is very sound.

However, the software leaves much to be desired. The first thing I noticed with the software is that it is slow. Going from startup to getting a show to play on netflix takes a good 3 minutes due to all of the loading involved. Due to the laggy feel of the software the remote is not the friendliest to use either since you have to wait a second every time you press a button for the software to respond to it. This was fine at first but after using it for a while it become a huge pain in the butt.

Those things are only annoyances the major flaw I encountered with this system was the internet connection and how often the system would just freeze causing you to do a cold reboot of the bluray player (getting up and holding down the power button on the bluray for 10 seconds to get it to shut off). I use Netflix a lot and since I've gotten the device I haven't been able to watch a full movie without losing my wireless connection at least 3 times.

This is what happens
1) I'll be watching a movie over my wireless internet which was admittedly easy to setup
2) Netflix will pop out of the movie into the loading screen
3) The red bar will load a quarter of the way making you think it just needs to buffer more
4) A message will appear telling you it cannot connect.
5) I then go to my network setup to see it is set to wireless and the status is "Connecting..."
6) When I try to search for any wireless devices to connect to like my router nothing shows up on the list when before I would see mine and several others in the area
7) I then try to disconnect my internet and reconnect to see if that lets me see my router again with no luck.
8) I then power off my bluray normally with the remote and power back on to see if that fixes it with no luck at all.
9) I then try to change my internet connection from wireless to wired. However, since I don't have an ethernet wired connection to my bluray the entire system freezes up on me.
10) Once I do a cold reboot by holding down the power button on the bluray device for 10 seconds and then turn it back on I see my netword setting set to "wired Not connected"
11) Finally I switch it back to wireless and it finds my router and connects again.
12) I can then take the 3 mins to get back into netflix and into my movie to go through this process all over again in about 30 mins when the bluray disconnects on me again.

So if you plan on using the internet for movies on this device beware there is a good chance you will be stuck dealing with this issue.

PROS:

Great sound
Easy setup

CONS:

Slow Slow Slow software
Internet connection is horrible when dealing with wireless
System randomly freezes up

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO A FRIEND
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2012 12:26 PM PDT