Profile for P. GOMEZ-ALCALA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. GOMEZ-ALCALA RSS Feed (NY)

Fisher Price Classic Changeable Picture Disk Camera
Fisher Price Classic Changeable Picture Disk Camera
Offered by International Coffee & Books
Price: $19.99
40 used & new from $18.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Only 3 discs included, March 22, 2012
The camera is a great toy, but the description is inaccurate. The camera I received came with only three discs (nursery rhymes, animals and their babies and goldilocks). Also, the image quality of the discs could be better, they look aged with spots and lines, not just retro. The alignment of the pictures in the picture viewer is also not perfect.

Lunch Punch Sandwich Cutters, Set of 4, Puzzle Shape
Lunch Punch Sandwich Cutters, Set of 4, Puzzle Shape
Offered by Lunch Punch
Price: $14.50
2 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, my kid loved it, February 20, 2012
I don't know if those reviewers who said it was not sharp enough had a different model or an older version of the product, but the one I received cuts the sandwiches well (I've tried it on a peanut butter and on a ham sandwich). Put sandwich on cutting board, press the punch down, wiggle a bit as you press down to make sure the cut is complete and push the pieces out through the top openings.

My 2 year old loved the result, she kept putting the puzzle apart and trying to put it back together again. Very cute.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE, EVEN WITH NEW LINER!, September 22, 2009
I do not trust this company. The bottles have a chemical liner and the company does not disclose the composition. Some bottles contain the old copper-colored liner which contains BPA, as the company admitted recently. The newer bottles have a different liner, but the company again does not disclose the composition and when I purchased my bottle, after thorough washing, I could detect a weird taste in the water. If the new lining is truly non-toxic, then the company should come clean and reveal the composition. I do not trust that the new liner is any better than the old. I bought mine directly from the SIGG website and their 30-day return policy is a joke (only store credit, $5 restocking fee per item, $10 if it has been used, plus of course you pay for shipping). So now I am stuck with a possibly toxic bottle that I cannot use. I recommend you buy stainless steel bottles like those from Klean Kanteen, which even SIGG's research posted on their website showed that they do not leach anything toxic.

Sigg Lifestyle Loop Top Water Bottle (1.0-Liters, Swiss Quality, Aluminum)
Sigg Lifestyle Loop Top Water Bottle (1.0-Liters, Swiss Quality, Aluminum)
Price: $18.71
5 used & new from $18.71

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE, EVEN WITH NEW LINER!, September 22, 2009

Sigg Baby Water Bottle (0.3-Liters, Hey Dino, Red)
Sigg Baby Water Bottle (0.3-Liters, Hey Dino, Red)
Offered by Online Fitness
Price: $16.95

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE FOR YOUR KID!, September 22, 2009
I do not trust this company. The bottles have a chemical liner and the company does not disclose the composition. Some bottles contain a copper-colored liner which contains BPA, as the company admitted recently. Newer bottles have a different liner, but the company again does not disclose the composition and when I purchased my bottle, after thorough washing, I could detect a weird taste in the water. I do not feel comfortable giving this bottle to my daughter, since I don't know what she would be drinking dissolved in her water. I bought mine directly from the SIGG website and their 30-day return policy is a joke (only store credit, $5 restocking fee per item, $10 if it has been used, plus of course you pay for shipping). So now I am stuck with a possibly toxic bottle that I cannot use. I recommend you buy stainless steel bottles like those from Klean Kanteen, which even SIGG's research posted on their website showed that they do not leach anything toxic.

Baby Light and Clip Lighted Nail Clipper, White
Baby Light and Clip Lighted Nail Clipper, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality, March 5, 2009
The idea is great. However, the quality of the clipper itself is pretty bad, and it is a bit cumbersome to use. I got it for $[...]. The full price ($[...]) is just too expensive.