Profile for Terry L. White > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Terry L. White "Gadget guy" RSS Feed (Southfield, MI United States)

ACME 70010 Turner Dining Table, Chrome Finish
ACME 70010 Turner Dining Table, Chrome Finish
Offered by Furniture Creations
Price: $482.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good table, but even better customer support from Furniture Creations, March 6, 2015
I bought this table last year because I loved the design. When it arrived the packaging was very damaged and wet. I took pictures before even opening it just in case it was broken. However, the glass was in tact and all the pieces were there except for one missing screw. I assembled the table and all was well. About a month had gone by and I came home to find the glass literally cracked all the way across. No one had touched it. Nothing had fallen on it. It to this day remains a mystery. The only reason I can come up with is that perhaps it was too tightly attached to the legs and the stress eventually caused a crack that grew. Nonetheless I contacted "Furniture Creations" about it and the possibility of getting a replacement glass. I didn't know what to expect since time had passed. I got a reply email that they would reach out to the manufacturer and try to get a replacement. I was impressed. However, months went by with no replacement glass. With each month that past I was tempted to cut my losses and simply buy another table or another pice of glass to just lay on top. However, I kept reminding them that they were going to try to get a replacement and finally it arrived today. The table is as good as new and this time at least for now I'm not even going to attach it to the legs. If it moves around under normal use then I'll put the screws back in and loosely tighten. Thanks Furniture Creations for going the extra mile. I would buy from you again!
Comment Comment | Permalink

GUESS Travel Waldorf 20" Upright (Black)
GUESS Travel Waldorf 20" Upright (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, but cheap parts, December 20, 2012
I figured since I was buying a GUESS branded item that I'd be getting quality! I was wrong. One of the main features I look for in a bag like this is the strap that also holds my laptop bag. This one had one I thought cool. deal! However, the part that actually holds the strap to the bag was made out of PLASTIC. Not only that it was designed like a hook and therefore any realworld stress would wear on it faster. It broke on my very first trip even before I made it to my destination. Had that part been made out of steel it would have been fine, but it was cheap plastic and broke immediately. Very disappointed. I wouldn't buy this bag again.

JBL On Air Wireless iPhone/iPod AirPlay Speaker Dock with FM Internet Radio & Dual Alarm Clock
Offered by DataVision Computer Video
9 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good out of the box experience, August 25, 2011
I'm a gadget guy and I actually review tech products on a regular basis. I've also used other JBL products as well as other AirPlay products and I must say that today was one of the most disappointing out of the box experiences I've had with a tech product. I had high hopes for the JBL On Air system for my photography studio. I already own a more expensive B&W Zeppelin Air, but didn't want to spend that kind of money again for the room I had in mind for this speaker. The setup was pretty straight forward. It saw my WiFi network, I keyed in the password and it was then available to iTunes and my iDevices to stream music to. However, it was the streaming that was the problem. Almost immediately I experienced drop outs and random reboots of the speaker. I checked to make sure I was on the latest firmware and it said that I was. I tried moving it to a different spot and still no go. I rebooted it manually and again it couldn't get through a single song without several moments of silence. One time I started a song at full volume and the speaker played one second of it before rebooting. The room I put it in was very close to my WiFi hotspot and yet the best I could get was 2 bars consistently (mostly 1-2). The Zeppelin Air played the whole day without skipping a beat as well as my Bose Sounddock connected to an Airport Express. I really wanted this to work because it would mean having an true AirPlay speaker that doesn't need to be connected to an AirPort Express, but I'll be returning it as soon as they send me my RMA.
I had high hopes, but it failed miserably.
I'll either go with another Sounddock for this room or wait for the iHome IW1.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 11:55 AM PST

Cradlepoint Travel Router CTR-500
Cradlepoint Travel Router CTR-500
Offered by HQ Tech
Price: $249.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A great multi-purpose router that replaces my AirPort Express, June 4, 2009
Length:: 5:59 Mins

Before getting the CradlePoint router I was using the Apple AirPort Express as my travel router. However, the CTR500 is now the router of choice in my bag. It works great and has a slew of configuration options. CradlePoint does make a battery operated version, I just wish that this one was one. I also wish that the AC adapter were smaller. Otherwise, this thing rocks!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2010 7:00 PM PDT

Wacom Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet
Wacom Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet
11 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Photoshop retouching., June 3, 2009
Length:: 9:02 Mins

The New Intuos4 is better in almost every way! In this video I'll show you my favorite new features.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 11:54 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works GREAT and is exactly what I hoped it would be, May 13, 2007
These remotes are SMALL, very easy to setup and work exactly as they should. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my purchase.

Mac OS X Panther Killer Tips
Mac OS X Panther Killer Tips
by Scott Kelby
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book rocks!, April 19, 2004
I have used a Mac since 1984 and Mac OS X since it was public beta. However, I don't always have the time to figure out all the little time saving tips on my own. I learned several tips from this book that I now use on a daily basis. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to be more productive with Panther!