Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Queen Helene Facial Scrub, Mint Julep, 6 Ounce [Packaging May Vary]
Queen Helene Facial Scrub, Mint Julep, 6 Ounce [Packaging May Vary]
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 24, 2015
This is a classic. I love the mint julep scrub and mask - being from KY I love anything mint julep related! This makes my skin extremely soft while being very gentle with no weird plastic micro beads that poison fish!

Ethical Pets Play Strong Virtually Indestructible Rubber Bone Dog Toy, 6.5-Inch
Ethical Pets Play Strong Virtually Indestructible Rubber Bone Dog Toy, 6.5-Inch
Price: $12.80
20 used & new from $11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for powerful chewers, June 24, 2015
I was excited to find a new line of toys for my pit bull girl, who is gentle as a lamb but loves toys and is extremely limited in what she can have due to her powerful chew. Poor thing had this maybe five minutes when she already had a chunk off. She was very sad when I had to take it away. I can't find much info on the company website. I'm going to take it back to the pet store and let them deal with it. I'm glad this works for some dogs but if you have a chewer who can only have black Kongs and heavy antlers, this might not be worth it for you.

Outward Hound 31016 Squeakin' Eggs Egg babies Replacement Dog Toys Squeak Toys 3-Pack, Large, Multicolor
Price: $4.99
28 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Little dogs' favorite toy!, April 2, 2012
We got the Platypus egg baby for our dogs (five of them!) to play with. The smallest ones, aged rat terrier rescues, quickly latched onto the eggs as their favorite toys. They are the perfect size for their little mouths, they can easily get at the squeaker, and they can carry them around - which they love. I was thrilled to see the egg replacements available on Amazon and have bought one package already and will be buying more. The Platypus is still around, but they all prefer to play with the pieces separately. One of the bigger dogs does, however, enjoy the thrill of getting the eggs out.

Fisher-Price Grow-with-Me 1,2,3 Roller Skates
Fisher-Price Grow-with-Me 1,2,3 Roller Skates
Price: $19.99
26 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Learning Skates!, July 11, 2011
My daughter got these for her third birthday (my only gripe is that they, like anything else not pink, are categorized as "boys" toys) and she loves them. She was able to use them right out of the box and moved from setting 1 to setting 2 very quickly. She is looking forward to learning to skate like her big brother! She is small for her age and these fit her size 5/6 foot very well. I think she is going to get a lot of use from them in the next few years. An excellent purchase for any child, regardless of gender!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 5:12 PM PST

Fix, Freeze, Feast: Prepare in Bulk and Enjoy by the Serving - More than 125 Recipes
by Kati Neville
58 used & new from $3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars These recipes are actually GOOD!, September 30, 2010
I originally checked this book out from the library, thinking it would be another disappointing freezer meal cookbook with recipes calling for cans of cream of mushroom soup and 4 pounds of cheese, which resulted in watery casseroles high in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium. I was SO wrong!

I began looking for good freezer recipes because I was entering grad school, which includes an intense practicum "job" in addition to classes, and I have 2 small children and am involved in our community. I needed to save time, but wasn't willing to sacrifice healthfulness or flavor. This book has seriously been a dream come true. We have been using Fix, Freeze, Feast for about 3 months now, and have saved +/-$500 a month on our food budget (being busy meant we ate out more often than we liked), and has saved us immeasurable time. It has possibly saved our sanity and marriage, as well! :)

We've made about a dozen of the recipes (inc. Urban Garlic Chicken, Berry Roast Chicken, Vegetable Lasagna, Mustard Oregano Chops, Black Bean Chili, Basil Balsamic Chops, Sesame Soy Sirloin, Sticky Drunk Pig on a Stick), and liked them all; some were better than others, but there haven't been any that we disliked. We also like to save time and effort by putting entrees directly into the slow cooker; most have come out pretty well that way. This is REALLY useful when we forget to thaw them beforehand (which is often - and yes, I know you're not technically supposed to put frozen meat in the slow cooker, but a lot of us do it, right?).

The only things I would like to see in the next volume (please, please, please come out with another one!) are more vegetarian main dishes, and more side dishes. It's easy to add a side of vegetables, but side dish recipes like the Rice Pilaf are great on occasion.

All in all, this is an amazing resource and I can't recommend it enough for people who are busy - which is basically everyone! I've sung its praises enough that a few friends have also started using it, and they are just as pleased as I have been. I can't wait for a volume two!