Profile for Daisy Black > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daisy Black RSS Feed (Tampa, FL)

Babel
Babel

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, enjoyed Sigh No More a little better though, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Babel (MP3 Music)
Definitely enjoyed this album. I did like their previous effort a little bit more though. Babel and Reminder are standout tracks for me. This album lacked some of the power and crescendo's that I had really enjoyed on their previous album. In addition, I personally found the lyrics on a few to be very sad. However, if you are going through a personal struggle of some sort, that is not necessarily a bad thing. In that case, these songs may be of great comfort. In spite of the criticism previously stated, I like this album very much and listen to it often when I'm in the mood for mellow background music while working or doing something creative like editing photos.

Voyager (Outlander Book 3)
Voyager (Outlander Book 3)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Was worried by book three some momentum would be lost, pleasantly suprised., March 10, 2013
I rented the ebook from my library and my subscription ran out before I could finish the whole book. I was so involved in the story that I immediately purchased the kindle version from Amazon. I was concerned going in that the story may lose some momentum now that I'd hit the third installment. I couldn't have been more wrong. I felt this story was a little bit more of a page turner than the previous two in the series. While I loved those books, I felt they had the occasional slow moments that dragged on here and there. I did not experience that at all with Voyager. You can tell that Diana has done her research. I was fascinated by the details given about life at sea during this time period. I felt like I was getting a real glimpse of the time. I think that's why I've enjoyed this series so much. The auther does such an amazing job of describing what it must have been like for Claire (and the reader) to be thrust into this past era. Really enjoyed it. A real page turner, or in my case, screen swiper.

Mini Orchestra, Set of 4
Mini Orchestra, Set of 4
Price: $18.76
31 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes less is more, September 19, 2011
Watching my 14 month old play I came to the realization that he seems to enjoy simpler toys as opposed to the complicated, battery operated, noisy electronic ones. I think he enjoys making things happen himself instead of pushing a button and having lights and music go off. Thus I began my search for more battery and button free toys to spark his imagination. I thought little musical instruments would be perfect. I didn't want to spend too much money on something since I'm never really sure what he's going to love.
That leads me to this little set. After reading the reviews, I was very intrigued. Upon receiving this set it seems to be very well made. The shape is easy to hold and play for a small child. I also don't seen any pieces that could easily break off, a plus with a kid who puts everything in his mouth. I also noticed on the box that it is made in Israel; for once something that's not from China. The noise makers are pleasant sounding, not too loud. Besides, I'd rather hear the tinkling of bells or jingling of a tambourine over the repetitive tunes that come out of half of the other toys he has.

Glad I bought these little guys! The toddler is enjoying them and even my four year old niece seemed to like them too.

Lullaby
Lullaby
Price: $12.77
81 used & new from $3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift that keeps giving, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Lullaby (Audio CD)
I was given this as a baby shower gift. I'm happy if a cd has five or so good songs on it, but this album is pretty much all good. I play it when I'm getting ready to put my baby to bed at night and just let it go until it's over, long after he's asleep. The third track "Sweet Dreams" is by far my favorite. The music is mellow and relaxing for the baby, but also very enjoyable to adult ears. Jewel's voice is just so beautiful and her vocal range is very impressive. I don't often review products but I enjoy this album so much I wanted to spread the love. I bought it for a friend who is expecting and I hope she enjoys it as well.

Across the Universe (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Across the Universe (Two-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Evan Rachel Wood
Offered by Lunch money
Price: $21.60
224 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, October 31, 2009
Terrible. This movie was TERRIBLE. If it was just a musical about the sixties, that would be one thing. But as someone who holds the music of The Beatles so dearly, I was appalled. Pretty much sums it up.