Profile for J. McElligott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. McElligott RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Iron Maiden:  Death on the Road
Iron Maiden: Death on the Road
DVD ~ Iron Maiden
Price: $16.88
39 used & new from $5.76

2.0 out of 5 stars A good show... if you can stand to watch it, March 21, 2007
After a year-and-a-half wait for the corrected version (the first run had major technical issues) to be released in the U.S., I finally got to sit down and watch this latest live DVD from The World's Greatest Metal Band Ever. Man, was I ever disappointed. I had heard bits here and there about how people didn't like how (Maiden bassist) Steve Harris had edited the footage, but ordinarily I find it's never as bad as people make it out to be. I was wrong. It's that bad. The whole concert is put together with a rapid-fire pace that might be cool for a video single, but not for an entire live show. No shot is ever held for more than 2 or 3 seconds, except between songs.

If you have the CD's you know this is Iron Maiden in their finest live form, but on the DVD you'd never know to look at them, because you can barely see them.

The bonus stuff on disc 3 is pretty good if you're a Maiden diehard like me, but nothing new, really.

All in all, buy the CD, stay away from the DVD, and join me in waiting not-so-patiently for a DVD release of Live After Death, Maiden England and Live at Donington.