Profile for GinSing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 194

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GinSing RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Peppermint Essential Oil. 30 ml (1 fl oz). 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade
Offered by Plant Therapy Essential Oils
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff., November 13, 2013
I love this stuff. So far I only use it when I brush my teeth and it's just marvelous. They glisten and gleem and feel so clean; and of course your breath is the freshest it can be.

Haven't tried it for anything else yet.

The Story So Far... [HD]
The Story So Far... [HD]
DVD
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What started as just needing something (free) to watch grew into an obsession and one of my all-time faves!, November 9, 2013
This is a review for the entire Season 2 of Grimm. What began as just needing something to watch (and for free streaming) ended up as an absolute obsession.
In the beginning of Season 1, it took a few episodes before deciding if it was worth my time. Was David Giuntoli just another pretty face or did this show have any possibility?
First, let me tell you that as Season 1 wrapped up and I got wrapped up in Season 2, not only did the star, Nick, played by David Giuntoli prove to be a terrific actor - but the actors together do a superb job. I really like Hank, played by Russell Hornsby all the more once he was "in the loop" as to the real goings-on; and the development of the Captain's character was a nice turn of events. The character, Monroe, played by Silas W. Mitchell is the real maker of the show, because without him, it would be missing the element of humor and charm. And I love the addition of Rosalee! She's superb. The only character that's flawed is Juliette, who I found not only annoying, but her acting is sub-par and took away from the show. Everyone else made up for it though.
The writing, storyline, acting, makeup, special effects and scenery make this Season 2 of Grimm the best. I stayed up late last night to watch three in a row if that tells you anything!
(I do not recommend for children - let it be for adults only, in my opinion)

Travelon Anti-Theft Shoulder, Crossbody Bag, Handbag, Flamingo, Hot Pink
Travelon Anti-Theft Shoulder, Crossbody Bag, Handbag, Flamingo, Hot Pink
Offered by Galactics
Price: $18.47
4 used & new from $12.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Gosh..this is so darn cute, and truly a great purse, October 29, 2013
When I received this today, I was so thrilled and excited. It is so pretty - just a beautiful shade of pink that even I - the practical-and neutral-everything gal - immediately didn't care and would wear this with everything!

It's so much prettier in person and made so nicely. But....unfortunately, I don't think it's quite going to work for me and I will have to send it back.
Trust me, it actually is going to HURT to have to part with it and I keep trying to justify keeping it because it really is that neat. I envision people begging me to tell them where I got it so they could get one because it really is a head-turner.

I'm disappointed for myself - but don't YOU be! If you think at all that this would work for you, definitely give it a go because it's a pretty cool bag!

FFP KIND PLUS, Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants, Gluten Free Bars 1.4 OZ (Pack of 12)
Price: $17.91

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy these Kind bars and am thrilled to get them on Amazon!, October 16, 2013
I love all of the flavors but this one is one of my favorites since I love cranberries. I keep several boxes at work to eat for a bite for breakfast or a late afternoon snack at my desk.
They are perfect to throw in my purse or pocket when I'm out and knowing that they are good for me and filling is all I really can ask for.
They are a bit ooey and gooey, so keep some wet wipes in your car, purse or desk - LOL!

Navitas Naturals Organic Coconut Palm Sugar,  1 Pound  Pouches (Pack of 2)
Navitas Naturals Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, 1 Pound Pouches (Pack of 2)
Offered by TheNewMall
Price: $18.16
15 used & new from $10.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh. I give this a 2.75 vote as a matter of personal opinion, October 16, 2013
There's nothing wrong with the product and it certainly has many well deserved reviews by those who really seem to enjoy it.

I am still in search of the 'perfect' sweetener, and quite frankly, that pursuit is a bit bittersweet. No wonder sweeteners are 'big money' and why there's Big Pharma involved; and GMO's involved as everyone wants to find the perfect sweetener, too.

The short version is that I'm not happy with stevia (even those that say they don't have an aftertaste - they do); honey just doesn't do well in coffee; maple syrup is my favorite natural sweetener so far, but it's expensive and messy. I haven't tried agave yet but am looking for one that is not processed in the same way HFCS is; and just the name Xylitol is scary to me (although I like it the best overall). The latest reports on xylitol are not favorable either.

So, I ordered this coconut palm sugar with high expectations. It looks good. It tastes okay too. There is no unfavorable smell. So, what don't I like? Well, for me anyway, I found I needed 2-4 times as many spoonfuls in my tea and coffee as I did with regular sugar. And although reported to be lower in calories and certainly lower glycemic levels, going through it fours times as fast just to get to the same sweetness level was just not going to be cost effective.

Another reason I don't care much for it is because it reminds me of rapadura.
Last year I had ordered five POUNDS of rapadura sugar from a local bulk co-op here. It had great recommendations and looked promising. However, number one, I can't stand the smell of it, and number two, I can't stand the taste of it, and number three, I had to double or triple the amount to get to my sugar equivalent sweetness. But, since I didn't like the taste or smell, I didn't get very far with it anyway.
The coconut sugar reminds me of the rapadura experience in appearance and (lack of) sweetness. The only good thing is it doesn't taste or smell bad.

I'm not saying you will feel this way. You probably won't and it could be just 'me'. But I am not likely to order again and will keep searching..

Andean Dream Org Spaghetti Quinoa Pasta Gluten Free ( 12x8 OZ)
Andean Dream Org Spaghetti Quinoa Pasta Gluten Free ( 12x8 OZ)
Offered by 360GreenMart
Price: $65.02
7 used & new from $58.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pasta (for me) that I have ever found!, October 16, 2013
Who doesn't enjoy pasta in some form or another? With its many shapes and sizes and great in both hot and cold dishes and many different cuisines, pasta is just a staple in most peoples' homes.

But, if starch, or wheat, or gluten is an issue, or grains in general are an "issue" with some people, you're bound to miss having your favorite dishes. I know I have. I have found various substitutes for noodles - and they are great in and amongst themselves - but I still longed for "regular" noodles.
Spelt didn't do it. Rice noodles didn't either. But when I came across these by Andean dream, well, it was a "dream" come true! These noodles cook up nicely; they taste good (no dirt taste; or waterlogged mushy taste as with the rice noodles) and best of all - no tummy aches or bloat!! I loved them so much, I reordered - this time a whole case!

That has been my experience, but even if you have no problems with pasta, I believe you will enjoy these simply because they are good!

Proctor Silex 33111Y Portable Oval Slow Cooker, 1.5-Quart
Proctor Silex 33111Y Portable Oval Slow Cooker, 1.5-Quart
Offered by Since 1901
Price: $27.09
7 used & new from $19.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute as can be..and nothing wrong with it..just too small for my needs, October 16, 2013
Just as the subject line states, there is nothing wrong with it, but I underestimated its size and sent it back. I ordered the Proctor Silex 4 quart instead.
This might be just perfect for you, however. It's cute as can be and love the little band to hold the lid on.

Proctor-Silex 33042 4-Quart Slow Cooker
Proctor-Silex 33042 4-Quart Slow Cooker
Price: $21.66
31 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I just got this and used it once so here's why the review, October 6, 2013
I've always owned Rival brand Crock Pots. Do you ever buy something and think it's because that's what you're "supposed to" buy? Maybe it's because that's what Mom always did, or some other reason?
Well, the first crock pot I ever heard of was Rival and it's been Rival all through the years.

When it came time for me to buy one again, I bought the larger, oval shaped Rival and have been using it for about 8 years but was never happy with it. For one, the Low setting cooked much too hot; and I thought I would like the oval shape but really didn't.
I use a crock pot weekly, primarily to make healthy bone broth and if the temperature is too hot, it will not become gelatinous and it will also not taste right. Such has been the case now for months but I just couldn't justify buying another one when this one wasn't truly 'broken'.
But my last batch of broth tasted 'burned' and I decided to throw in the towel and get a new crockpot and I wanted something smaller, as well as round.
The first one I ordered was too small (what was I thinking!?) and I sent it back.
Then I decided on this slow cooker, stepping outside my Rival zone - one for the three settings, and two for the great price and reviews.
I used it yesterday and was tickled. I love being able to switch to the "keep warm" setting. I love the round shape.

I will update if I feel or experience anything differently, but as for right now, I am glad I got it.
Ha! And get this, the day this one arrived, the lid on my Rival broke! Good timing!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 4:34 AM PDT

Paleo Kids Lunch - Delicious Quick & Simple Recipes (Delicious, Quick & Simple Paleo Book 5)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, IMO, October 6, 2013
This was a free item, just so you know that I did not *purchase* this book.
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I don't have kids at home anymore, so to be honest, I only had an interest because of listening to co-workers; reading FB posts, etc and seeing how poorly our children are eating and being concerned about it. I like to be able to make suggestions that are helpful with the idea of "what would I do if I still had kids at home to prepare lunches for??"
I believe that part of the reason for kids not having good, nutritious meals is largely due to 1)Education - about healthy eating choices as well as learning about PREPARATION (SO many people these days don't know how to cook!); 2)Sheer laziness - grabbing a bag of chips; some Lunchables, and an apple is just "easy" to throw in a child's lunchbox; 3)Lack of imagination - however, the more you know, the more you will (should!) want to know; 4)Learning "workarounds" for inconveniences; 5) "Stigma"

(I can comment more later on what I mean by "stigma" and how to get around that, if anyone cares)

I thought this ebook had a lot of interesting, different recipes (imagination!) that were kid-friendly and nutritious and therefore, I am happy to share this book with FB friends who struggle with lunch ideas for the family.

My only comment that I would have liked to see would be ways to show how these recipes get implemented into the typical busy family's work week and how kids can bring to school for lunch as a practical school-week lunch.

I think the author did a good job!

Jericho: Season 3
Jericho: Season 3
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I cannot recommend the Kindle version, September 1, 2013
This review is from: Jericho: Season 3 (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely fell for "Jericho" with a passion and an addiction like I've never had before for any TV series. The acting, the characters, the writing all reeled me in hook-line-and sinker to a show that had me on the edge of my seat with my pulse racing the whole time.
I never knew of its existence when it was a television show, and it was such a wonderful 'find' when exploring my Amazon Prime benefits and I latched on to Season 1 and 2 immediately.
What a grave disappointment to learn that it ended there..with a makeshift compromise of a comic book version of continuation in what is known as Season 3, and holding out for something that will be Season 4.
Nonetheless, in my excitement to at least keep the story going and not wanting to part with the characters (!), I ordered the Kindle version of Season 3. I have the 8.9 inch screen and STILL have to use a magnifying glass to see the print. So much of the adrenaline and the excitement is gone trying to suffer through it.
For only the second time in 19 years of being an Amazoner, I'm considering a refund. It just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps you will feel differently, or maybe the book version is the better option.

For those of you who haven't seen "Jericho" at all, start with the Pilot, and keep going. You won't stop..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20