Profile for GinSing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 197

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GinSing RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Glass Water Bottle By Bromvital - 20 Oz - Shatterproof - Portable - BPA Free - Insulated With Thermal Neoprene Sleeve - A Cool, Refillable, Reusable Bottle - You Can Use it For A Sports Bottle Too - Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
Offered by BromVital
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR glass bottle; freshest taste possible; lifetime replacement - what's not to love?, September 30, 2014
I had the Aquasana glass bottle and left it in the freezer by accident, and of course, it shattered. I thought that bottle was pretty decent and wasn't unhappy with it at all, but once I got the Bromvital bottle, I realized what I had been missing.

I know this may sound crazy, but the water tastes better in THIS glass bottle than it did in my other glass bottle! So that makes me wonder - isn't glass...glass? Why would one taste better than the other? The only thing I can think of is that my old bottle had a plastic top and this one is stainless - giving it a cleaner, less toxic taste. Who would've ever thought?!

As all the others have said, it is a CLEAR glass bottle; and I appreciate that it is very lightweight.

The company definitely wants to provide good service, but they might need to be mindful of customer's preferences. I will NEVER appreciate receiving a PHONE CALL even if it is a follow-up customer service call
. EMAIL, email, email. I think most people regard phone calls these days as a violation of privacy and an unwelcome intrusion.
That said, it IS a great bottle; a good company and I appreciate the lifetime replacement. And yes, I will be ordering another soon.
Just don't call me.

HCG Diet: The Only HCG Diet Guide You Need (The Revolutionary HCG Diet - Lose Weight Fast Book 1)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Did we all read the same book!?, September 19, 2014
Did we all read the same book!?
Very disappointed..
I found myself wondering MORE about the diet than what was written in this book, and even though it was only $2.99, I felt I had thrown that money away on this one. "Oh well - win some, lose some" - that's how I view this book.
Also, a complete TURN OFF to me is when I see grammatical errors, typos, and misspelled words. I don't care if I paid $20 or $2 for a book - it better be written correctly, and clearly this book didn't get a final edit before going live.
The only guide I will ever need? NOT.

Quicken 2014 Starter Edition - Complete Product - 1 User
Quicken 2014 Starter Edition - Complete Product - 1 User
3 used & new from $32.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Suits me just fine, August 23, 2014
The edition that I had, the 2011 Deluxe, would no longer work with my financial institution, so I just "let it go". There's no way I wanted to give in to the extortion of being forced to upgrade every two years and especially at such high prices. Personally, I think it's greedy and irresponsible that companies market the way they do.
Anyway, I missed being able to do my normal, and basic reporting. I'm a "numbers" person, and I do like detailed financial accounting.
When I saw this Starter Edition, which was priced at $22 (and not the $42 it is showing here today!!), I liked what I saw. Personally, I never used or cared for the Deluxe features anyway and just preferred the basic.
When I read the reviews and read the website, it assured me that it would load my previous information, however, when I downloaded, it immediately told me that it would not because my version was the Deluxe. I opted for downloading anyway as a "new file".
Then, it insisted on a password. I entered my email address, as prompted, and it said that email address already has an account, perhaps from any other Intuit product (such as Turbo Tax). It would not take what I presumed my password was and then locked me out. Long story short is, I was so angry and so frustrated, and the Chat Talk was not working, so I just paused and prayed for awhile. Lo and behold, I keep a document with some odd websites, products and services passwords, and looked there to see if there was one and there was. Even though it insisted on my email addy being my ID, I entered the info I had on this sheet, and it took it! So, I was very happy.
The only thing I don't like about it is the way the account categories are set up. I also am not a graph or pie chart person. I prefer to see it written out. So, I will play with it and see if I can't create and change things to the way I want them.
But, for right now, I'm happy to be back in the saddle again and downloading my bank info.
Before you uninstall your old version, be sure to backup or copy files if you don't want to lose the info and in case it will not convert. And you may have to create a "new file" in order to proceed, but just press on and don't give up. You may be able to find a work-around to get you going.

Universal Indoor/Outdoor Clock, 13 1/2-Inch, Black (11381)
Universal Indoor/Outdoor Clock, 13 1/2-Inch, Black (11381)
Offered by Discount Craft Shop
Price: $16.20
46 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this clock!, June 14, 2014
Anybody that knows me knows that I have bad lamp karma; bad stapler karma and bad clock karma - LOL.

Goodness! How hard is it to find a clock like this?! Well, for me anyway - much harder than I thought! So, I FINALLY have one that works for starters; and that is big enough and that I like the numerals. You'd be surprised sometimes how ugly the numbering can be!
And I wanted just basic, old fashioned, school-house looking style, with a second hand and I didn't even care what color, although I would've liked red.
So far, so good. I just wish I could secure it better to the wall. Other than that, it's a dream.

Clarks Women's Lexi Sumac Wedge Sandal
Clarks Women's Lexi Sumac Wedge Sandal
Price: $39.97 - $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarks does it again with a great sandal!, June 14, 2014
I have the Lexi Marigold sandals in the Red and absolutely love them, so when I went back online (I had actually ordered that pair from QVC) to order them in Black, I was devastated that they were not available, not even on their Wait List.
I could not find them in Black anywhere - not on Amazon; not on Clarks, Zappos - anywhere.
So..I looked for another pair of black sandals that I might like instead and decided on these - the Lexi Sumac. The first pair I received was in the 7.5, which is what I normally wear, but they were tight around the foot and I could feel the straps, and they bothered my little toe and the bunion on my left foot. So, I sent them back and ordered the 8, since ordering in a wider width was not an option; and hoping they wouldn't be too big.
The size 8 feels great and these are incredibly comfortable. I don't even feel anything on my feet at all - just simply feel clouds of comfort. I can stand for long periods of time; walk for long distances and be completely comfortable. I love how stealthly quiet they are, too! Makes me feel like I'm gliding across the carpet at work.
I still would have preferred to have the Lexi Marigold because I think it's a more elegant design for greater variation of day-to-night wear while the Sumac style seems more casual with it's brass buckles, but I do like it very much and am glad I have them.
As far as I'm concerned, Clarks is 'on a roll' with me and winning hands down!

Soul Particle
Soul Particle
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real surprise!, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Soul Particle (Kindle Edition)
Sometimes the best movies or books are ones handed to you to read that you have no idea what it's about or anything about it and it ends up being something so worthy, and so surprisingly good.
Such was the case here when this book was mentioned in a FB post, and I found myself so absorbed in the book and unable to put it down.
I hate to confess that so often, I don't read a book from cover to cover anymore, but skim around and through the book, but NOT this one! This was a real page turner!
Sadly, I was finishing up this book when yet another shooting tragedy occurred (will it ever end??) and the man in that story can easily be compared to the character in Carolyn Wyatt's book.
As another reviewer said - there are so many other families and homes going through the same thing and we ALL, unfortunately probably know someone just like that - someone we all would see capable of committing heinous crimes.
I lived next door to one. He terrorized the neighborhood and was the reason most sold their homes and moved.
The 'soul particle' and various other theories as to 'what went wrong' with this child is interesting to contemplate and is a topic that needed to be written about. What is the problem? What, then, is the solution?
I especially appreciate what Carolyn Wyatt wrote at the end of her book which reflected my own thoughts exactly and I look forward to reading more of her work.
Thanks, Carolyn for writing this. I think it's very timely.

Baggallini Criss Cross Bag, Mulberry, One Size
Baggallini Criss Cross Bag, Mulberry, One Size
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $36.95
2 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me give you all the scoop.., June 4, 2014
First, let me say that I've always been a Travelon-Girl and have never owned a Baggelini until now.
I carried the same exact Travelon purse for 8 years - even had it stitched up a few times at the shoe repair store because I loved the bag and Travelon stopped making it.
This year, when I finally had to ditch my favorite purse, I've enjoyed buying several purses that I do like, but they still never have compared to my favorite, dearly departed discontinued Travelon.
A couple weeks ago, I went out to lunch with my sister and absolutely loved her new purse. I had to try it out - zip and unzip and visualize my belongings in it. My heart was racing and I got really excited to see that many of those favored features were designed into her purse, the Criss Cross Baggalini and I wondered hmmm..
She had ordered hers in the Mushroom color (I really liked it) and lo and behold, she surprised me and ordered one for me in black!
I couldn't wait to try and put all my belongings into it to see if it would work! I don't really carry much, but what I do carry has to be arranged just "so". One thing I love about Travelon bags is their whole premise is that you can do everything with one hand, and without looking. I refuse to be one of these ladies who are digging and searching through their purses - or better yet, have to take things out to find them! Why would anybody do that when you don't have to??!
So, first let me tell you that the material is nice - light weight and easily wiped clean. The hardware is substantial and feels good in your hand - not flimsy and cheap. The zippers move nicely; and the shoulder strap is nice and thick to wear comfortably and not dig into your shoulders.
The outside appearance appears 'small' to some. My hairdresser commented that she wouldn't be able to fit "anything" in that tiny purse but yet here's what I have in mine:

1) In the front zipper, I have only my lip balm - though there's room for much more
2) In the first zippered compartment, I have a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square compact mirror, business cards, an ID holder that carries two cards; coins in the zipper pouch, some dental floss (yeah, I know) and in the internal zipper, I have a travel sized thing for Advil/Aleve, and a pair of tweezers. The zipper zips completely all the way around to open up all the way.
3) In the first large zippered section, I have a full size wallet with pictures; a pen in the pen loop and there is room for more as there is both a pocket and another internal zippered section. The zipper goes all the way to the bottom on one side so that once again, you have full view and accessibility to your items. Never is your hand being squished when you reach for anything.
4) In the middle section that is open, I have my cell phone, my big key ring with plenty of keys on it; my work badge; and a 6" slim flashlight. That section is magnetized but even without it, the design as you wear it, seems to keep that area closed, so I don't worry about anything flying out of it. This was the one thing I loved about my favorite Travelon bag. I like to be able to have one section of my purse that is open or has a flap so I can easily grab keys, phone, or flashlight without having to unzip anything. This is perfect.
5) In the last main zippered compartment, I have TWO eyeglasses cases - and they are full sized, AND they are the hard cases! I also have my pocket calendar/planner/phone book, and another pen.
6) The very last area of the purse is an open, magnetized pocket, and I have dummy bank deposits and blank envelopes; store receipts and a shopping list.

My purse doesn't look stuffed, and in fact, still looks flat; and you would never guess I have all that in it! But I wanted to show you how much it carries and that's largely due to the great design of this bag with it's all around zippering, light material, and open center. I am truly amazed and thrilled to see that essentially, my ol' favorite bag has been reincarnated in this Criss Cross Baggalini.

Oh, be sure to check the prices on this style regularly as they change all the time. The price depends on the color you choose and there are plenty of colors to choose from! They all look great.

The dimensions are posted, so I don't know how anyone can misinterpret the size. I think you will be surprised with this bag and love it more than you thought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 1:04 PM PDT

Unravel the Mystery: A Simple, Effective Approach to Beating Cancer
Unravel the Mystery: A Simple, Effective Approach to Beating Cancer
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, May 2, 2014
I thought this was very well written and organized in a way that flows as to how someone would approach their learning.

I stay pretty well informed on health topics, so it wasn't that I was expecting to learn anything new but mostly wanted to see what Ann Malkmus had to say about it, being 'who' she is and appreciating all that she and her family does. I was excited to get her perspective and input.
The surprise was that she mentioned some things I did not know; had not ever read before and I was very intrigued with that and it made perfect sense.
This is a sensible approach that anyone can benefit from. Being informed is the key first and foremost in order to make changes and decisions. This book makes it easy to not become overwhelmed but rather to understand what's going IN you from what's AROUND you, so that you can make changes yourself that are easier and simpler than you might think.
They say 80% of all cancer comes from the foods we eat - and is preventable - while the remaining percent is primarily environmental (some of which we still can prevent!).
Ann Malkmus did a great job compiling the information in a coffee-table approach - making it an easy family topic of discussion to get on the road to positive change.

FitFlop Women's Lunetta Thong Sandal,Pewter,10 M US
FitFlop Women's Lunetta Thong Sandal,Pewter,10 M US
Price: $63.59

3.0 out of 5 stars It's been two weeks.., May 2, 2014
My hairdresser works out of her home and she swears by these FitFlops, as so many others do. She loves them and highly recommends them saying if it weren't for them, she could never stay on her feet for 12 hours a day, and she's getting close to 70, though you'd never guess..

I've been on Amazon - and a reviewer - since the mid-90's. When I'm interested in something, I will read every single review and every single comment. I IMMERSE myself in what others have to say about something. So, I think it's safe to say that I get a good feel for what people like/don't like about something.
I needed some flip-flops anyway and thought they'd make a good pre-birthday gift to myself and so I began reading all the reviews; checked out all the styles, etc, and couldn't wait to choose one and try them for myself. I mean the reviews are so glowing - ladies buying several different styles and different colors each in every style!
You have people saying they do 5-K walks in them; prefer to wear them HIKING; climb over rocks; doing their workouts in them; and hating to take them off!

Unfortunately..I'm not having any of those exclamations and I'm really bummed as to why not (??). Did I choose the wrong style? I normally wear a size 7.5 shoe and ordered these in a size 7 and the fit is perfect. Is it my feet?! My feet are neither wide nor narrow - they are a true medium. They are not UN-comfortable. Even the toe-piece is not rough or uncomfortable. But, they are not rocking the house down - OMG - they are amazingly wonderful - don't want to take them off - want to do my 5K walks in them, either!

For one, they don't stay on my feet. I'm consciously aware of them the entire time they are on my feet. My feet have slipped out of them numerous times, so I'm aware of needing to grip them so they stay on. I think a better way to give visualization is, for example, when we ladies wear nylons with our shoes and we feel too much movement and slippage between our feet and the shoe - do you know what I mean?

I wanted so much to love them - to really, really enjoy them! And especially those who mentioned they can WALK for hours in them, better than any walking shoe or running shoe - so much so that they prefer them for their 5K walks! But, after two weeks of wearing these, I can't say I want to wear them around the BLOCK! :(
As for the '"FIT benefits" - I also feel nothing. Nothing in my calves, thighs, buns. Zip.
So far, they have been a costly; pretty; and reasonably comfortable flip-flop..and nothing more.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong everything. Not happy at all.., April 18, 2014
I ordered this for my grandson and had drop-shipped the order. I clicked the "gift" section and typed the "gift message". This is a MEN'S shirt, and as he's only 11 years old and not even 5', I ordered the size Small.

My son-in-.law said there is "no way" that what they received was a MENS shirt. It looked like a young child's shirt. Needless to say, it was way too small.
On top of that, they received no paperwork with it; no gift message - nothing whatsoever.

Now they have to send it back..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20