Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for GaryW > Reviews

Browse

GaryW's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GaryW RSS Feed

Nail Jack Tools 85NH 8-1/2-Inch Nail Hunter
Nail Jack Tools 85NH 8-1/2-Inch Nail Hunter

2.0 out of 5 stars Back to the drawing board, July 11, 2010
This tool does not perform very well and that is because of the jaw design. The jaws are actually hollowed out. In other words, the jaws only bite on the perimeter of the jaws on very narrow flats. That doesn't give much surface area to grip the nail. The jaws should be full contact with serrations like a pipe wrench.
Another problem I had was that after a few failed extractions where the nail slipped through the jaws, the slippage caused small indentations in the jaws. Now the gripping action is worse than ever. I don't think the steel of the jaws was hardened properly.
And just so you don't think I'm being too hard on the tool, I've only used it on finish nails, not 16d sinkers.
If you want a nail puller that really works, get the "Extractor". It's not a small tool belt tool, but it beats the heck out of the "Nail Hunter"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2010 9:39 AM PDT

Bosch DLR130K Laser Measure
Bosch DLR130K Laser Measure
10 used & new from $90.61

3.0 out of 5 stars One Major Flaw, July 2, 2010
My three star rating is an average of five stars for the way it measures, and one star for the way they programmed the memory function.
I love the way it measures. Basically it's point and shoot. And you have your choice of measurement formats. Now, save that measurement. Here's where it all falls apart.
Your feet/inches or inches has now been converted to decimal feet or decimal meters. As I'm walking back to the chop saw, what the hell am I supposed to do with 12.15 feet? Sure, I could just write down the original measurement,but isn't that what the memory function is for? Oh wait, I've got a better idea. I'll just carry my construction calculator too and use that to convert the decimal feet back to inches. Then I can be the techno-nerd carpenter.
Bosch, you really fell off the logic train on this one.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2015 10:27 AM PDT