Profile for Caissie L. Stonge > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Caissie L. Stonge "Caissie St. Onge" RSS Feed

Let's Panic About Babies!: How to Endure and Possibly Triumph Over the Adorable Tyrant Who Will Ruin Your Body, Destroy Your Life, Liquefy Your Brain, ... Turn You into a Worthwhile Human Being
by Alice Bradley
Price: $12.69
134 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOL'd! A LOT!, March 10, 2011
I am a mother of two growing young men, and that has caused me to be crotchety toward the things that young people do. One thing that I am especially given to crotchets about is the use of the acronym LOL. I don't hate laughing, mind, and I certainly don't expect anyone to laugh silently. Laughing out loud is great! I just don't love LOL.

And yet, I have found myself LOLing every time I open this book. And everyone in my family is LOLing every time they open this book, including my 11-year-old and 8-year-old sons. Everyone where I work LOL'd when they stole it off my desk to read when they were supposed to be working and you should ask before you put your dirty paws all over someone else's brand new book, Megan!* My point is that, despite how much I hate LOL, I wouldn't be able to describe how much laughing out loud this book has been providing everyone around me without using that very shorthand. So, there you go.

Here's why I love it. A hundred years ago when I first saw that little blue line on that urine-soaked stick (which I then jumped around, waving in the air. Gross!) I ran right out and bought a certain book about what a woman should expect when she is expecting a certain thing. The certain thing is a baby. Well, I sat right down and devoured that book, and when I was through...I was afraid to move. Or eat. Or think too much. When I finally got over the trauma, I told my husband that vaunted tome should really be called, "1,000 Things to Be Paranoid About Over the Next Nine Months. HA HA, You Should See How Crazy Your Eyes Look Right Now!" I picked it up with a pair of tongs and tossed it in a box never to be seen again. Clearly, these two women understand the way I felt back then. They get me. They get you too. And this book is the answer to any pregnancy and parenthood guide out there that will try to convince you that you might have toxoplasmosis from a partial granule of cat litter that your husband tracked near you on the bottom of his shoe and which somehow got into your eye.

If you are looking to have a baby or you're looking to install a baby in someone, if you've recently had a baby or watched while the special lady in your life did all the work, this book is for you. I wish I'd had this before I got pregnant. I'm glad I have it now. And if you're currently pregnant, don't worry, this book will not cause you to laugh your fetus right out of you, because that's not scientifically possible. But you will probably tinkle your maternity pants. Which you're going to do anyway, so might as well have fun doing it!

*Her real name. And to be fair to Megan, she immediately ordered two copies of the book - one for herself and one for a shower gift - as soon as I pried her grubby mitts off of mine.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2013 11:14 AM PDT