Profile for Judah Bharath > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Judah Bharath "judah bharath" RSS Feed (Trinidad & Tobago)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars APPLE gone bad!, August 21, 2013
This is the second Mac Book Pro I have purchased from AMAZON, this model purchased in early 2012, and another 15" MBP model 3 years earlier. I seem to be having repeat problems as the Mother Board in this one is diagnosed as faulty, related to the graphics card. AGAIN!!! I had this problem with the last one, and after it served me 3 years I thought it was due a change, only to have the repeated problem on this model, after ONLY 18 months from from Date of Purchase. I started getting the Graphic card problem when Opening and Operating iPhoto and graphic intensive programs (Final Cut Pro, Final Cut x etc)...first it was a glitch, like a tv going bad which turned to a blue screen, now it just goes straight grey, and won't restart or run a Disk Utility.

I am saddened by the fact this is the disgusting results I am getting after years of buying APPLE Mac Book Pros.
In total this is my 3rd, having bought my first MBP, back in 2003 (whatever they called it then anyway) and that suffered the same problem too.

As I only took the regular 1 year Warranty on this model, and not the extended Apple care, I am asking AMAZON to intervene here, or for APPLE themselves to intervene here. It's plain disgusting to be having repeat problems after continuing to support this brand for almost a decade.

Apple MacBook Pro MC723LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Pro MC723LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Offered by Best of Breed Electronics

Gibson Gear IM57R-GH Electric Guitar Electronics
Offered by Guitars and Gear
Price: $95.04
10 used & new from $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gibson 57 Classic - Best Jazz, Blues & Rock tone pickup!, February 27, 2013
The Classic 57 pickup came in quick time from Amazon. I installed a pair, 57 classic (neck) and 57 Classic + (bridge) into a VSB Epiphone Sheraton 2. The tonal difference from the original pickups were: This 57 classic offered high end clarity on notes, and bottom end tightness, a bit more than the original. The sound is pristine but vintage, it handles overdrive and distortion perfectly. Best sounding pickups I've played..from PRS pickups to Strat single coils and hum buckers, to Ibanez, to Epiphone...these Gibson 57's are the best. If Gibson got one thing right it's their tonal spectrum on pickups.

Dunlop 535Q Multi-Wah Crybaby Pedal
Dunlop 535Q Multi-Wah Crybaby Pedal
Price: Click here to see our price
35 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Probabaly the best Wah made., January 6, 2013
Did much research on Wah Wah pedals and it's history. This 535Q has been identified as the best ALL ROUND Wah, but not only that, it also gives you so many options to shape your Wah sound to find what fits your personal taste. Even more with the Gain Boost and Variable Q alongside a 6 point voice selector, this pedal can easily copy most if not ALL Wah Wah pedals. Spec options come to show you how to copy Hendrix, Slash, Frampton etc. It makes you wonder, so why are there other Wah pedals. The fact that it's the Upgraded and Improved descendant of the Original Cry Baby Wah Wah, the Cry Baby 535Q Wah Wah...you can't go wrong, it has name and branding behind it. It is seriously built like a tank...if a car ran over mine I wouldn't even be bothered, it's that securely built.

Fender Standard Stratocaster Pickguard, 11-hole For 3 single coil pickups, Black
Price: $17.62
17 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great Fender product, January 6, 2013
Excellent product. 5 ply pickguard is neatly constructed, no rough edges, and is nice and shiny. Great replacement, with 11 holes fits an Am Std Strat perfectly.

Fender Accessories 099-2105-000 Strat Hot Noiseless Pickups, Aged White, Set Of 3 Electric Guitar Part
Offered by Music UFO
Price: $133.90
19 used & new from $100.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Fender Hot Noiseless are great., January 6, 2013
So I have the American Standard 2010 Strat, and wanted noiseless pickups, and warmer tones for my Strat. I'm a recording and performing artist and many times I use distorted tones for which the stock Fender pickups, though they sounded decent, they made too much noise. The installation on a 2010 Am. Std.Stratocaster was straight forward, no woodwork, no routing etc, no New Potentiometers needed either. Only a phillip's head screw driver and a solder iron needed. A wiring diagram is packaged, and is exact to specs. The three pickups : 2 have the same colour wires and are for the neck and middle, the bridge pickup has a distinct yellow wire. Wiring Diagram both in the package and on Fender's site gets it right.
Pickups are dead silent, truly like using humbuckers with regard to handling high gain and being silent, they sounded a bit more "Balanced", and "Compact with their sound", there is no muddy bass, or over bearing treble highs, but it's Bright like the stock pups, but a bit warmer and silent.
However if you are like me, and have a serious liking to hum buckers, especially the Gibson Classic 57 sound, you cannot replicate this sound in any way with Hot Noiseless.
You get the same Fender twang in "Bridge-Middle". I really do like these pickups, it's just I like Humbuckers in my bridge even more now, and will pursue this option.

ProLine Humbucker Pickup Cover 2-Pack
ProLine Humbucker Pickup Cover 2-Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro Line Pickup covers are Great!, January 6, 2013
Received my Pro Line humbucker pickup covers in good time, a few days as scheduled. In new condition with plastic wrapping on the pickup itself to prevent scratching even inside it's plastic bag and cardboard box. Chrome finish really was outstanding, and looked almost like a mirror reflection. Replacement was easy. My only issue was, the 6 holes for the pickup poles didn't line up 100%. The holes over strings 1,2, and 3 were exact, but holes 4,5, and 6 were off by a few noticeable millimeters. All the poles didn't snap in place as the originals did, and as result, though they look nice and shiny, and looks really great, it's not 100%. However my guitar requires 3 pickup covers, and I feel good enough to still order another pack and install, to complete the finished look.

The Electric Guitar Handbook:  A Complete Course in Modern Technique and Styles
The Electric Guitar Handbook: A Complete Course in Modern Technique and Styles
by Rod Fogg
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $22.49
95 used & new from $5.32

5.0 out of 5 stars The Electric guitar handbook, the best "well rounded guitar course"!, October 10, 2012
I've been learning and stage performing guitars for over 15 years. I've covered many "Rhythm Guitar", "Blues Guitar", and "Lead Guitar" courses over this time, bought several different courses, guitar handbooks, and a couple "guitar bibles". However I wanted a course that would bridge a certain high level of completeness from Beginner to Advanced player, from Rhythm to Advanced Lead guitar, from Blues to Rock, to Country, to R&B, to Funk to Finger style. This Electric Guitar Handbook fills this void, so much so, after so many years of playing, I've decided to do the course entirely.

Each chapter adds information on Musical Notation, Guitar tabs, and the relevant information that takes you easily to where you should be as a guitarist, and not just land you at "playing some blues", or "fooling around with rock"!
I've listened to the accompanying cd, and it's amazing how progressive it is. From tuning, to major, minor, pentatonic, blues, bends, slides, hammer ons, pull offs, basic lead, advanced lead, whammy bar, harmonics, tricks and flick, and more, to get you that Slash, Hendrix, Clapton, Van Halen type sound.

I agree with the detailed reviewer above, if I had a student looking for a book, I'd buy it for them, and ease their burdens. But you must be loyal to this course, it will get you there faster and more complete!

Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera Body Only (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Electronics Basket
Price: $654.89
82 used & new from $439.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon 60D a workhorse in disguise!, May 12, 2011
I upgraded from a Rebel XS, I spent months researching this camera, and it's Image Quality (IQ) and video handling capabilities, I can now confidently say it's a workhorse of exceptional quality!
Having owned a Rebel XS for a few years, and now as a musician with a need for a high Image/ Video quality camera for producing music videos, I researched the Canon 60D extensively. I mean extensively to the point where I re read all reviews online, examined the footage and pics presented, found a friend with a 60D and tested it myself, cross referenced other cameras in it's range and then made an easy decision to buy Canon's offering. Here are my findings:

1. The 60D is a sturdy well built camera which will instill confidence in it's user...unless you throw cameras off a cliff for a living!
The body having a metal chassis and over layed with a polycarbonate and fiberglass resin mix feels tough in your hands, can take a beating, can be slightly banged, can take a fall, but don't slam it to the ground and expect everything to be 100%...it might be 99%. It's designed to take some weathering as well, a sprinkle here and there, and dust blown at it, but no heavy rainfall or sand storm.
If you've used a rebel series, it's much tougher than those.

2. It's size and ergonomics are perfect for anyone with medium to large size hands, even small hands too.
The rebel is a small size camera, so at first this camera felt a bit big. As the hour progressed I realized how well balanced it felt, no longer over powered by my hands, not too big, JUST RIGHT. I have medium sized hands. The camera itself has sufficient weight to balance lenses well on it's own, not throwing the camera back or forward. In fact it felt like the bigger the lens the more "well balanced" it became. You see the 60D is not TOO HEAVY. I've read of some people's complaint, that the 60D is not heavy as compared to the 50D or 7D...I'm not sure if people have an obsession with carrying lots of weight around, but when you're like me shooting for several hours, you easily begin to adore how comfortable, yet well balanced the 60D is, especially if you go on hikes or trips where the camera hangs on your neck for some time.

3. Ergonomics: the 60D has ALMOST but not everything controlled by your right hand, this is well thought through and wise. Even more so, when I had to use my left hand to turn it ON or OFF as well as turn the DIAL MODE, FLASH, LENS RELEASE and use the THRASH, I totally understood why they were placed where they are. These five moves are not to be guessed or happen by mistake, so allowing the left hand to come into play here turns out to be wise, and left my right hand not feeling totally sore as it was sometimes left with the rebel ( which is right hand dependent). My right thumb no longer searches on the back of the camera for buttons, here the layout is simplified with this new SCROLL WHEEL, and MULTI DIRECTIONAL PAD, which being a closely paired unit allowed me to stop searching when my eye was on the view finder. As well as the DRIVE, ISO, METERING, and AF buttons had me very certain as to what I was pressing without looking at them, all under a couple of hours.
My one issue though with respect to the THRASH button is that you must confidently press it to get it activated, even when trying to delete photos one at a time but many altogether. This however may turn out to save me from easily deleting wanted media!

4. IMAGE QUALITY IS AMAZING, even on the kit lens. Now I've tried the Canon's 50mm F1.8 prime, this is an amazing lens for quality, at a low price, also the 18-55mmIS, 28-135mm IS, 55-250mm IS, 35mm prime and the 18MP stands out and shines. I clearly understand the difference between a 10MP rebel XS and the 60D. I also understand a good lens makes a big difference, as the 50mm f1.8 is a far better quality lens under low light and depth of field image quality when compared to the 18-55mm kit lens. However the 18-55mm delivers excellent images and handles extremely well when shooting video especially in low light. At the end of the day a good lens makes the difference, but the image quality of the 60D will match with the 7D, and beat it's rivals when it comes to colour, and low light images.

5. The Creative Filters suite is a master class of an addition to the camera's internal software. It gives a dimension to images only offered in pc editing, all done on the 60D. As well as the In CAMERA RAW EDITING feature. On the rebel XS, I never quite appreciated the RAW files, as I wanted to fix my images on the go, and have as much work done when the images were uploaded to my MAC. The 60D has not been heralded as it ought to for incorporating this new software where many aspects of a RAW file can be easily edited in the camera on the go. After which the images can be further sweetened using the creative filter suite. These additions now have me yearning to shoot in RAW so I can tweak my images for creativity. Truly an enthusiasts camera. A creative mind would love this machine.

6. BATTERY LIFE IS INCREDIBLE. So i shot for an hour today, well over 350 FLASH pics, and 10 minutes of video, 20 minutes of video editing, and my battery at 70%. I'm suggesting here that I will get more than 1400 pics on one battery (Canon states about 1600). So hands down this camera will make do on a world tour easily!

7. So the BURST RATE surprised me a bit, coming from a 3fps on a rebel to a 5.3fps on the 60D, I jumped when the shutter started eating up shots, at one point it was simply too many shots to ever be used, and the children playing in front of the camera didn't seem to move any more. 5.3FPS is simply enough, well for me at least. I realized some people in their reviews complain about features they may NEVER EVER truly use. So loosing 1 FPS from the 50D or not having 8FPS compared to the 7D, I'm glad I didn't pay extra for it.

8. TILTY SWIVELLY ARTICULATED SCREEN is the best. OK so you can't beat this feature, it's worth paying for. It sets this camera apart from the 7D, 50D, in fact almost every other DSLR except the T3i (at this time of writing). Canon 60D wins with the ability to shoot OVERHEAD, UNDERHAND, SELF IMAGES, TRIPOD SHOTS. This is where the moonwalk comes out for the 60D, and it's Pentaprism LCD screen works well. The glare in midday sun did affect a little bit, but just a wee bit little, as the colours shone through easily even with the glare.
So a 3 inch screen is big enough, you see all you'll ever need for a camera at this stage in life, unless they install a t.v. You can easily tell where you loose focus, or where shadows are. Aspect ratio ruler guides really are practical on this screen, canon really packed features into this camera.

IF I were to point out issues with this camera to date they would be:
1. LCD screen may need a screen protector, as it easily traps finger prints. However it cleans easily with a standard camera cloth.

2. The onboard built in microphone for sound recording is average to sub par at times. It's not bad when the surroundings are not too noisy, it's good for catching audio for reference. It's not the audio quality to match with the amazing images this camera produces. It does a "just decent" enough job. But that's why canon has a 3.5mm LINE IN, so you go professional aftermarket.

Other than this I would again advise buyers that a great lens makes a world of difference. So understand your needs carefully before you buy a lens, so you know what Focal lengths you need. When you get to use this camera with a good or great lens it makes you yearn for more, you just want to shoot and shoot. It's image quality is that great! It's video mode is that enticing.

The Canon 60D is a workhorse in disguise of an enthusiasts camera. It's that good!

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Price: $709.00
49 used & new from $549.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit over rated is this "L" quality, June 12, 2009
I came upon this lens yesterday (June 11th 2008) and was excited to actually test run an "L" lens versus my regular canon/tamron lens and was disappointed. Is this what "L" series is about?
This day I was out shooting landscape beaches, vegetation, flowers, and dockyard shots where I stumbled upon another photographer having shot similar stuff that day with this 70-200 f4 L. So I compared her shots to both my 18-55 ef s IS canon and my Tamron 70-300 4-5.6 non IS.
SO I used my rebel xs( 1000d) and shot some similar stuff with the 70-200L vs my Tamron 70-300. Here are my findings.
The test contained shots at sunset at a dockyard here in the Caribbean, in lowlight and almost no light to truly see the grade.
1. In decent light the L was nice and sharp...just a little bit sharper than the 70-300 tamron. Nothing staggering here, but the tamron lens was brighter in colour.
2. L 70-200series was solid built felt secure, but then I thought it was way too heavy for carrying around on my neck for long periods, compared to the light weight 70-300 tamron I had carried for almost 5 hrs in the sun.
3. The daytime shots I had seen from the L 70-200 did not jump out or surpassed what I had taken on the 70-300 tamron, in fact the tamron responded better i terms of colour.
4. It was nice to zoom on the L and the physical lens zoom internally as opposed to the outside plastic extend on the 70-300 tamron, just as this may be attractive to some with an L lens so it may be equally attractive to see your ordinary Lens extend its barrel...looks intimidating, draws attention.
5. Both lenses had similar representations in the low lit pictures in the end, though the L was quicker to focus. Tamron had better colour still in lowlight. Both cameras found it difficult when it came to blurring because of the non IS so again camera man technique is important.
My finding: Unless there is a big difference when choosing lens like IS versus non IS or desired focal lengths be careful in choosing a lens because of a NAME or expected performance as opposed to what it really does.
Yes if I had the cash to waste I would buy an L series lens for every need, but even in this case being non IS is somewhat of a challenge and I would prefer an IS lens with this focal length (70-200 or upward).
A good camera person will make an average or lesser lens work well, good compositioning, contrast, colour modes, shutter speed etc vs a great lens under an average user.
The end product picture is the measure mark, not all the features, this is extremely important in photography to remember, there are too many gimmicks concerning brands and so called improvements.

Would I buy this L 70-200 f4: Not against a 70-200 or 300 IS lens of similar picture quality, weight is also too heavy, and this lens doesn't even stay on the cam that long, it's range is not very long say 70-300, and it's not that impressive for the price.
But yes if I wanted a 70-200mm only and this was available for less money.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2010 4:03 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2