Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Mark Nesbitt > Reviews

Browse

Mark Nesbitt's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Nesbitt RSS Feed

PSWI225 Polk Wireless Subwoofer (Black)
PSWI225 Polk Wireless Subwoofer (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wireless but not delightful, December 16, 2010
I have had this one week. I'm not delighted.

I was not expecting this to equal the sub I have in our home theater room, but I find it boomy--lots of mid-bass, not too much down really low. If you have very small front speakers, this might be a good match, but even my Boston Acoustics 4.5" woofers go down low enough that this doesn't make much of a difference.

Also (it's not really a criticism, but a design observation) this device is not easy to use in a 2.1 configuration. Many receivers don't put out a volume-controlled line-level output suitable for this without a center channel in use also. If you buy this in the hopes of converting 2.0 to 2.1 sound, first investigate whether your AVR or TV will put out a line (i.e., low) -level signal that is controlled by the volume control. Our AVR defeats the LFE output unless the audio is set to a surround mode, which assumes a center channel speaker is in place (meaning no dialogue is heard without a center channel speaker). the available low-level outputs from the AVR and the TV are not volume-controlled.

PRO: The wireless feature works perfectly in our room. The sub itself is attractive enough.
CON: Boomy mid-bass, limited bass extension. No speaker-level inputs. BRIGHT blue light on the transmitter is always on (i.e., as long as the power supply for the transmitter is plugged in)