Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for NerdHouse > Reviews

Browse

NerdHouse's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NerdHouse RSS Feed

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset, Wireless Headphones and Microphone
Price: $153.99
23 used & new from $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars so good. I owned the G900 until my wife decided ..., July 26, 2016
Bought these on a whim hoping the reviews weren't going to be right. I've owned it for two days now and so far honestly, so good. I owned the G900 until my wife decided to borrow it and broke the USB dongle. The headset fits just right, can't really compare the G keys as I don't really use those when gaming but it does seem out of place with the headset having to be fidgeted with in order to properly locate and use one of the keys. The lights don't amaze me nor bother me in anyway, shape or form. They're louder than the G900s that's for sure. That was my one large complaint about the G900 was that the max volume was never loud enough. These I have to turn the volume down otherwise I start getting crackling within my ear from all of the vibration the headphone makes. No complaints there though. I'd much rather it be too loud at the max than too soft at the max. You can always turn the volume down. Built quality is about the same as the G900 give or take. Someone mentioned the headphone falls off of your head if you lean forward or lean back. I can't say that I can replicate that but if I shake my head vigorously the headphones to fall off but I tested with the G900 and it did the same only it came off easier than the G933.

I liked the headphones so much I bought another pair for work. This is my short term review. I'll try and come back to it within the next few months.

Dell MINI HDMI to VGA Adapter
Dell MINI HDMI to VGA Adapter
Offered by Vista Distributing
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. I'm using it with an evga nvidia video ..., May 12, 2016
Purchased this after a star tech mini hdmi to vga adapter failed after four months. I'm accustomed to using their dvi to vga adapters as well as their vga and dvi cables. I've never had one fail me yet. I've had this adapter in the field for about three months now. So far so good. I'm using it with an evga nvidia video card with two dvi ports and one mini hdmi inside of a dell optiplex 9020. This adapter does not fit properly with the two dvi cables plugged into the video card. I had to mcguyver it and remove the base that surrounds the mini hdmi connector in order for it to fit. So beware if you have a three port video card! I don't recommend you removing the base but I was in a pickle and had to do it to get it working. Otherwise it works fine. Third monitor appears great. Gives the full resolution with no ghosting.

Anker 60W 10-Port USB Charger Multi-Port USB Charger PowerPort 10 for iPhone SE / 6S / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / Pro / mini 3, Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge / S6 / S6 Edge / Edge+, Note 5, LG G5 and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It did not scratch so the finish is pretty durable as well, May 10, 2016
Purchased this after seeing the five star review rating. I purchased a previous version of this which could only charge 5 devices at one time but it was plagued by a lot of problems. So far I've had this charger for about 3 days total. I've been charging two iPads and three iPhones. I have not had any problems with any of the ports so far. On the second day of owning the previous model all but two ports were working. So this is progress. I do wish the main power cord was a tad bit longer, maybe 10 feet? But it does not affect the performance of the charger at all. It is just a personal preference. I used the charger outside in my garage and left it on the concrete ground and stairs. It did not scratch so the finish is pretty durable as well. I hope to come back and update this review after I've owned the charger for a month or two.

Anker 24W Dual USB Car Charger PowerDrive 2 + 3ft Lightning to USB Cable Combo iPhone Car Charger MFi-Certified for iPhone 6s / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker is always awesome!, October 12, 2015
Please excuse my late review, my mother passed away shortly before receiving the sample and I've been taking the time to grieve.

Onto the review. I was given this charger to review from Anker. I have their previous car charger Anker 4.8A / 24W 2-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology + 3ft Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (White) and the previous one came with two ports but only one was for an iPhone and the other was for a Android phone. The two ports charged at different power ratings. So for instance if you had two iPhones plugged into the charger, the one in the iPhone port would charge at its normal rate of speed where as the other would charge a lot slower.

The design of this charger is very sleek, black, dark in color versus the older grey colored one. It matches the interior of my car so that's a bonus too!

This charger is plug and play, you plug it into your cigarette port and off you go. This charger appears to be a little shorter than the grey charger that I linked to earlier in the review.

If you're familiar with Anker products then you know they make quality products. I use their battery packs and their car chargers. Never failed me in the entire time I've owned both products, that's always a good thing!

If you're wondering if you should take a chance on this product I would say do it! If you own Apple devices and are constantly needing to plug in and charge them, this is for you. Like I said the car charger that this replaced was a little disappointing to me because I did not have an Apple and Android device. I'm strictly Apple. So being able to plug two devices into this car charger is AWESOME!

Again if you're looking for a car charger for your Apple devices and only have Apple devices (even iPads), then this is the charger you want. My only wish is maybe for a 4-port version that would work off a car's battery.

La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger
La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger
Price: $54.50
62 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, October 18, 2011
Can't compare it to previous models as this is our first battery charger. I use this charger with Sanyo Eneloops AA batteries and have had no problems. I have read some people complained that it seems complex -- it isn't. It can either be simple, very user friendly, plug and play and or it can be complex to the point that it has features that only advanced users would really utilize.

I use the simple portion, pop my batteries in the charger, let them charge and it's done. It works well. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it is durable or not. It does feel cheaply made, but I guess it's the inside that counts. We will have to wait and see. I'll definitely update this review if the unit falls apart or fails in the future.

WD Elements SE Portable 1 TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - WDBPCK0010BBK-NESN
WD Elements SE Portable 1 TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - WDBPCK0010BBK-NESN
Offered by VL NORTHSIDE ELECTRONIC
Price: $92.50
7 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive, October 18, 2011
Great drive for its price point. However, two days after receiving the drive, the drive went down $30.00 in price. I tried to get the refund for the full $30 but Amazon only gave back $20. A little disappointed in that sense but the drive itself is great. It looks so big in the pictures and I could not find a review where it showed the drive itself next to something like say a dollar. But the drive is very compact. It's a little taller than most 2.5" hard drives but the length and width is the same as most if not all 2.5" external hard drives.

I have yet to test it with USB 3.0 so I'm only writing this review based on using it with my 2009 MacBook and USB 2.0.

I have backed up a bunch of stuff to it, no problems so far. I notice with regular 2.5" hard drives, they get extremely hot. It looks like this drive spins down when not in use to keep it from heating up and for it to conserve power.

I will be buying more of these for use around our lab and also for recommendations to our clients.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 5:34 AM PST