Profile for Rabid Reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 227

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rabid Reader RSS Feed (NC)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spinbrush Classic Clean Battery Powered Toothbrush
Spinbrush Classic Clean Battery Powered Toothbrush
Price: $5.99
14 used & new from $5.23

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can't Go Wrong With This One, May 26, 2015
I was recently diagnosed with a neuromuscular disorder that causes me to struggle with weakness when even performing the most mundane tasks - including brushing my teeth. I was on the fence about getting an electric toothbrush because of the expense ($60+), and I wasn't even sure it would help. So, when I saw this inexpensive option, I decided to give it a try. For less than $6, it was an affordable "trial".

Well, I am SO glad I gave this a try. It has changed brushing my teeth from an exhausting chore to an easily manageable one. For the most part, the toothbrush does all the work. It requires very little pressure against the teeth to get them clean and the rotating head makes getting behind teeth much easier.

Granted, it makes some noise, but I don't see that as a problem. It certainly isn't as loud as the hairdryer I use every morning!

I haven't seen any reason yet to move up to a more expensive electric toothbrush. This one makes my teeth feel as clean as if I just came from the dentist. I am sticking with this one. Very glad I gave it a try.

Skittles Mash Ups, 9 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Skittles Mash Ups, 9 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Addictive, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love tangy fruit candy, and Skittles are right up there at the top of the list. First, they are pure sugar - so what's not to love? Eat them and you'll feel happy. It's science.

Second, I can now get two different flavor groups without having to buy two bags of candy. But as others have mentioned, distinguishing what you are about to taste, since the colors tend to overlap between the two flavor groups, is difficult. The good news is that they all taste great, so it doesn't really matter which one I am eating. The difficulty is not in choosing, it's in stopping! I would probably eat all nine ounces if the movie was long enough. :-)

So, there is really nothing "new" here. Same flavors that have previously been available, but now they come jumbled up for you. It's fun. And yummy.

Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean, One-Gallon Concentrate
Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean, One-Gallon Concentrate
Price: $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine But Be Willing to Invest time and "Elbow Grease", May 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used a few different house/deck/patio cleaning products and find that they, like this one, work satisfactorily if you are willing to put some elbow grease into it. I used this to remove moss that grows on our brick patio over the damp, southern winter months, and it worked just fine - but I had to use the pressure washer to really remove it all. The nice thing about this product though (unlike some of the other brands) is that I can use it without worrying about the rose bushes and grass along the edges of the patio. That's a big plus for me.

You will probably like this product just fine, but don't anticipate that it will be as simple as spreading the product around and rinsing it clean. You will need to scrub off the mold and mildew using a large shop broom, a brush or a pressure washer. It will soften it and leave a clean finish, but ultimately, you are going to be the one removing it with good old fashioned effort.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable  Heavy Duty Canvas Reusable Shopping Tote Bag, Natural and Nautical Blue Stripe, Set of 3
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable Heavy Duty Canvas Reusable Shopping Tote Bag, Natural and Nautical Blue Stripe, Set of 3
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Fancy, Just A Sturdy Canvas Tote, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are nice sturdy bags for toting groceries, books, etc. The stitching is solid and tight, which I like since I will be using them as grocery sacks. There is noting fancy about these bags, just a rugged feeling canvas with matching canvas handles (not webbing). They are as I expected them to be and I am not disappointed.

Monster Power Superstar High Definition Bluetooth Speaker (Black/Green)
Monster Power Superstar High Definition Bluetooth Speaker (Black/Green)
Price: $74.96
22 used & new from $52.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Speaker for People On The Go, May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I LOVE this speaker!! I was really hesitant to believe that such a small device was going to put out quality sound, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is truly impressive the amount, and quality, of the sound that comes out of this little speaker. It sounds just as good as another high quality Bluetooth speaker that I own, but is only about a third of the size. Connecting was a breeze ( a voice announces through the speaker when you have connected) and it has yet to ever drop the signal. It also holds its charge for a really long time. I use it several hours a day, and have never had it run out of power while I was trying to use it. And the thing I love the most is how portable it is. I take this to work every day and sit it on my desk. It is really not much bigger than a cell phone (actually, it is about the size of my "phablet"). I just drop it in my purse or pocket, and I am ready to "travel with tunes".

This is a really great little speaker and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight, reliable and good sounding speaker.

CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL MEDIUM
CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL MEDIUM
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sturdy Ball, May 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dogs love playing ball and a new ball for them is as exciting as a new toy is for a child. The problem is that my dogs are big (100 lbs.), and VERY hard on balls. If a ball isn't tough, their teeth will pierce right through the ball when they catch it. They have also been known to shred a ball out of boredom. But, so far, this ball is holding up like a champ.

It is a very firm ball made with thick rubber. I am not saying a determined dog couldn't tear this up, but so far, it is intact. It has a lot of bounce, which my dogs find thrilling. It also has a squeaker. A very LOUD squeaker, which I do NOT find thrilling. I could live without that feature and my dogs don't appear to like that noise either, because they don't chew on it like they do other balls. But, they love to catch it outdoors. So I give this ball four stars. Minus the squeaker, it would get five.

10k White Gold Created Emerald and Created White Sapphire 3-Stone Ring, Size 7
10k White Gold Created Emerald and Created White Sapphire 3-Stone Ring, Size 7
Price: $242.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Ring, May 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This ring is really beautiful - the picture doesn't do it justice. The fit appears to be very true to size as well. I ordered a size seven (my normal size) and it fits perfectly. As far as the stones, they are really lovely. I own a couple of genuine (non-made made) emeralds, and frankly, these are more attractive than those due to their clarity. The really catch the light for excellent "sparkle factor". I am very happy with this ring.

Command Decor Damage-Free Wall Tiles, White Frame, 7.5 x 7.5-Inches Window plus Riser, 3-Pack
Price: $66.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised, But Feel It's Overpriced, April 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have mixed feelings about these. They are a great idea, and they really do hang very easily. But, I feel they are incredibly overpriced and feel a bit cheap. They are plastic, and to me, the plastic doesn't feel particularly sturdy. The decorative fronts that came with these weren't particularly attractive either, but given the ability to choose my own designs, I probably could have found something a little more to my liking.

The frames I received had an outside edge of approximately 12"x12". Since I really didn't care for the decorative fronts I received, I decided to do a little experimenting. I have quite a stash of 12x12 sheets of scrapbook paper, and some 12x12 stretched artists canvases, so I thought "Why not?". I found a scrapbook sheet (heavier stock) in a design that matched my room, attached it to the canvas with double-sided mounting tape, then pressed the canvas into the frame. It fit perfectly and feels snug and secure, and voila, I now have a made-to-order picture (See my photo of the black and white fleur-de-lis print) that will easily remove from the wall when I am ready for it to do so.

So, A+ for ease of installation, B- for the cheap quality, and D for the price.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Danica Studio Hamper, Chevron
Danica Studio Hamper, Chevron
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Was Looking For, April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been looking for a way to get individual loads of laundry from the large bathroom hamper to the laundry room. What I didn't want was a bulky plastic hamper that takes up a lot of room and is not easily stored. This hamper is perfect for what I want it to do. It holds a substantial amount of laundry but easily folds up for convenient storage. The canvas from which it is made feels very sturdy, as do the web carrying handles. This bag would also make a great beach bag, perfect for carrying towels and beach toys. I am really pleased with it and would definitely order it again.

Linksys WRT AC1200 Dual-Band and Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Gigabit and USB 3.0 Ports and eSATA, Works with Linksys WRT1900AC Wi-Fi Router (WRT1200AC)
Price: $149.99
7 used & new from $141.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Connection and Great Signal, April 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had terrible luck in the past with Wi-Fi routers. I usually spend hours trying to get them to sync and end up frustrated and crabby. But - woohoo!! - finally a Wi-Fi router that didn't leave me desperately wishing for prescription tranquilizers. I had this set up and ready to go within about fifteen minutes (a personal record).The signal has been great and it has improved my download speed on the Wi-Fi connected computers by about 5mbps.

So far, so good. I recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20