Profile for Daris McInnis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daris McInnis RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Perfect Peace: A Novel
Perfect Peace: A Novel
by Daniel Black
Price: $13.64
53 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in Every Way, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Perfect Peace: A Novel (Paperback)
This book is a precious jewel, I honestly don't know of any other ways of describing it. 'Perfect Peace' tells the story of a family and loved ones dealing with an array of issues surrounding sexuality, notional masculinity/femininity, and gender nuances. Dr. Black's talent is evident, and this story will induce serious thought about love, the who's and why's of human action, and foundation of acceptance. Get this book.

Sounds of Burned Silence
Sounds of Burned Silence
by John Collins
Price: $13.50
24 used & new from $11.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatness & Gratification, Part Deux!, April 23, 2014
I finished this book in two days, it was hard to put down as Collins has mastered the art of transition and entertaining his readers from chapter to chapter. I enjoyed getting to know the back story to characters in this book (and some familiar faces from his debut novel, "Virgin to the Life"). If "Virgin" is the foundation of this series, then "Sounds" builds upon this foundation and compliments the bridging of "what happens next" and "I can't get enough, I want more." "Sounds" is a treat, and offers some serious entertainment, thought-pondering notions, and a vivid glimpse at love/relationships in a unique light. Compared to the content and literary execution of his debut novel, Collins has drastically improved his ability to tell a story through the lens of multiple characters. Get this book, if you enjoyed his first piece, you'll adore this one even more!

Virgin to the Life
Virgin to the Life
by John Collins
Price: $13.00
5 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, to put it lightly, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Virgin to the Life (Paperback)
It's rare to find a book that tells a story that is both compelling and entertaining, all the while, original and meaningful. Collins' characters, namely Jason (the main character, who you'll meet and fall in love with, guaranteed), connect the reader to a captivating story about love, ambition, acceptance, self-identification, conventionality, and clarity - A must read for LGBT youth, supporters, and inquisitive minds. I love this book because of its depth, and its positive alignment of the interconnected senses of self-worth and dignity - I read the entire book in one sitting.

The best thing about his work, in my opinion, is the versatility (no pun intended); albeit, his work will be enjoyed and celebrated by both men and women of all races, sexuality, and backgrounds - Truly an amazing, gifted writer. In short, Collins is brilliant, "Virgin to the Life" is emblematic of his talents. And, by the end of the book, you'll be anxiously waiting in heightened suspense about what happens next.

Well done.

Gaspari Nutrition Super Pump Max, Fruit Punch, 1.41-Pounds
Gaspari Nutrition Super Pump Max, Fruit Punch, 1.41-Pounds
Offered by Supps Direct LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars I train with MAX!!, January 21, 2011
I have tried Jack3d, N.O.Xplode, Black Powder, Hemo Rage, Shock Therapy, you name it.. While i've benefited from some of these pre-workouts supplements, I can honestly say Superpump Max outperforms every single one of them. It provides better pumps, focus, taste, sustained energy, and gives no crash whatsoever after prolonged endurance from its awesome formula.

The pump you get from SP Max is unreal. It promotes vascularity, and sends blood rushing directly to your muscles as your tearing them apart in the gym. Jack3d is a very close runner up, mainly because of the "initial rush" of energy it provides from the tingling dosage of arginine. While SP Max doesn't give me that rush of energy, it provides sustained, long-lasting energy throughout my entire workout. I literally feel like knocking out a couple more sets when I finish my whole workout, no sign of fatigue whatsoever. I've only tried the Fruit Punch Blast flavor so far, but it's absolutely delicious.

Gaspari is truly a brand to be trusted. I've tried the original SP 250, Anavite, SizeOn, and Myofusion (my staple protein), and have gotten nothing less than extremely satisfying results with their entire line. You need to try this product for yourself to believe it. Gaspari is golden, and yes, I train with MAX!

Pink Friday
Pink Friday
Price: $12.58
82 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicki is THE BEST, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Pink Friday (Audio CD)
Just over a year and a half ago, Nicki remixed Kanye's infamous "Go Hard" and muttered a line: "And I'm telling President Carter he picked a winner.." A year and a half later, she is gracing every magazine cover in the nation, performing sold-out shows, and completely shifting the world of music: One alter-ego at a time.

I've followed her career almost 4 years, and it's amazing to see how much she's accomplished and branded herself throughout entertainment. She broke major records when she appeared in 7 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2010 alone, all before she unleashed her debut album.

To those wishing she would morph back into the "old" Nicki, it won't happen because she has moved past mixtapes, street DVD's, and remixed compilations. Onika Maraj has evolved into an artist. Her music has flourished along with her outlook on life, this evident on "Pink Friday."

The album kicks off with a self-declaration by The Harajuku Barbie herself claiming she is undisputedly "The Best" and welcomes any competition either male or female. Her smash singles "Your Love," "Right Thru Me," and "Check It Out" all appear on the album, but Nicki kept her debut single "Massive Attack" off of the album release. She receives some star-power assistance with features from Eminem, Drake, Rihanna, Natasha Bedingfield, and Will.i.am.

Nicki shows her vulnerability on the catchy "Save Me," and acknowledges her power and control as a woman on "Here I Am." Her alter-ego Roman Zolanski gives us everything we need on "Roman's Revenge," which is quite possibly the most lucratively lyrical joint on the album. Pink Friday is a nice blend of intensity, strength, emotion, and originality. What ultimately separates Nicki from the entire rap genre is her continuous effort to grow. If you don't understand her image or take a liking to her "Barbie" phenomena, you cannot argue this woman isn't THE hottest, most talked-about emcee on the planet. "Pink Friday" represents growth, creativity, and ultimately carves a lane in hip-hop Nicki can call her own. Love her or hate her, she is the best.. And yes, Lil Wayne picked a winner.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 9:00 PM PST

Dead On Tools DO-300 Killer Chiller Mobile Cooler/Lunch box, Black
Dead On Tools DO-300 Killer Chiller Mobile Cooler/Lunch box, Black
Price: $19.97
10 used & new from $14.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very roomy, durable, and convenient!, September 20, 2010
I give the Dead On Tools-300 Killer Chiller Mobile Cooler an easy 5 out of 5!! I received the item today, and was instantly impressed with the amount of space it has. Unlike most lunch boxes, the Killer Chiller has multiple comparts for extra storing for your eating utensils, extra snacks, and holds various sizes of tupperware. I'm not too fond of the Dead-On logo, but the bag itself is made of a nice, durable fabric, and the it even comes with a handy shoulder strap. I am a fitness nut who consumes around 5-6 meals daily, and this lunch box provided the space, versatility, and convenience to ease the troubles of caring around multiple meals! This is an excellent buy, and Amazon shipped the product very fast (i'm currently deployed to Korea and the product arrived in under a week)!

Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Probiotic Series Advanced six stage protein blend, Milk Chocolate, 5-Pound + Nutra Health Supply Shaker 22oz w/Buil-in-Stainer

5.0 out of 5 stars A few side effects but otherwise an excellent choice of protein!!!, August 6, 2010
I enjoyed this protein. I have tried several brands and Myofusion would perhaps fall in my top 3 in terms of results, price, and usefulness. The texture is nice (very similar to other blended proteins) and it smells amazing. I normally don't look for taste when it comes to my protein powder of choice; I look more for results in a supplement. However, it does not hurt that this protein tastes amazing. I tried the Banana flavor, but other flavors have all received rave reviews for their sweet savor.

I used Myofusion for about a week and a half before I noticed some results in my frame. I had more vascularity, maintained a relatively good pump after consumption, and I actually became leaner. Gaspari has an amazing line of products.

My only drawback with this protein concerns my initial reaction to taking it. I am lactose intolerant, and I'm unsure if that has anything to do with it, but I had very unpleasant stomach problems for about a week after taking Myofusion. I was suspicious if it was the protein shake itself that caused the stomach aches, until I laid off of it for two days, then got back on it and noticed the same stomach problems. Again, it may have to do with the fact that I am lactose intolerant and this unique blend of proteins fused into one did not sit well with my stomach.

Bottom Line: I highly, highly recommend this protein. It's extremely economical, and very versatile: you can literally take this protein blend anytime of the day (although whey protein alone is ideal for post-workout). It is worth a try and certainly worth the money. Gaspari wins again with Myofusion.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2011 6:15 AM PST

Still Standing
Still Standing
Price: $6.99
80 used & new from $1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Woman of Pure Strength, Remarkable Talent, and True Faith.., March 24, 2010
This review is from: Still Standing (Audio CD)
Monica is nothing short of amazing. I am in complete awe. This album is genius. Pure genius. After 15 solid years as R&B's self-assured soulstress from the trap, Miss Thang shows the world she is in a new place, both musically and professionally. Monica delivers an impeccable piece on her 6th release with "Still Standing." Although she has changed the tone of her lyrics and demonstrated some serious growth, Monica has always been consistent in her ability to create music her average listener could relate to. It is no wonder she is "still standing."

From the opening banger to the melodic finishings, Monica shows off her versatility and vocal seduction in all 10 tracks. She opens the album with an inspirational message to her listeners from her own mother.."Baby, you gotta walk by faith..and not by sight"..this is true indeed, especially in a saturated music industry she is forced to compete in, it must be by that very faith Monica has remained as strong and focused as ever, proving she's a worthy leading lady and fashions herself a true distinction amongst her fellow female R&B colleagues.

Monica is a pioneer of modern R&B. A woman who is unafraid to be herself, and makes no apologies for never molding herself into the "typical" r&b chick who must sell sex in order to sell a record. Instead, she imposes on the world a woman of strength, talent, and a true testimony. My personal favorites are Love All Over Me, Everything To Me, Stay or Go, and Believing in Me. GET THIS ALBUM!

Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme
Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy. Sensual. Sophisticated., February 13, 2010
A saleswoman in a department store recommended this fragrance to me. She descirbed is as "simply delicious." A skeptic, I questioned her motive because I was unsure if she was genuine or driven by commission. I sampled the fragrance on a tab and was still unconvinced. After giving a spray on my own body, I was breathtaken.

Prada for Men is a delicate, yet longlasting fragrance with just enough musk to maintain it's masculinity. It's fresh, timeless, and very distinct. I recommend Prada for business occassions, special dates, or any evening functions. Great gift for a loved one ladies (you won't be able to resist).

In essence, this fragrance is detailed with a very modest sweetness, yet bold sexuality. A sure head-turner, if you are in search of a romantic, distinct, long-lasting scent, you can't go wrong with Prada for Men by Prada.

BSN N.O.-Xplode Extreme Pre-Training Performance Igniter, Fruit Punch 2.48 lb (1025 g)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, but perfect for me., November 6, 2009
I review supplements based on my personal usage, never by "hear-say" or any rumors about a product. I was very, very skeptical about n o xplode for years, based on what I heard from other people. I'm an active member of the United States Army, and have been working out for about 3 years. I decided to try this supplement out, and assess my progress with it according to any changes in my body and performance in the gym.

I was extremely impressed with the effects this product had on my body. First off, I literally felt a surge of energy 10 minutes after taking it. I was more focused and pumped in the gym that I had ever been, literally. I drank plenty of water so I didn't incur any sort of headaches, and I also didn't experience any irregular heart patterns. My vascularity was also more noticeable. I truly have nothing negative to say about this supplement. I also take a multivitamin, whey protein, and follow a relatively clean diet.

My score on my APFT has gone up tremendously, I have seen exceptional results with my body: I am leaner, stronger, and my muscles are beginning to bulge bigger than they ever have. It may not be the same for everyone, but try it out and see how it effects you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3