Profile for James Marsh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James Marsh RSS Feed (Austin Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Four Watch Winder With Japanese Mabuhci Motors and LED Light
Four Watch Winder With Japanese Mabuhci Motors and LED Light
Offered by AA Store
Price: $399.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, March 26, 2014
I am loving this watch winder. It is quiet enough that I can leave in my bedroom and not have my sleep disturbed. It looks even better in person than in pictures. The one thing I don't like is having to use the key to secure the door. There is no other latch besides locking it.

I have seen winders that cost over $1500.00 dollars that seem no better than this one.

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Price: $399.00
262 used & new from $349.00

1.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Can do more than this POS4 can., November 27, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
I am furious to learn that the PS4 will not play movies and other files on USB Memory Sticks. This is a primary feature I love on my PS3. The only advantage I can see the PS4 has is strictly for gaming. It is less useful for non-Sony sources, is no better at streaming Netflix, and will not play MP3 CDs.

This thing does not feel like the future. It is very disappointing. I also dislike the styling. It looks very cheap and shoddily built. My early generation PS3 looks like a high end piece of equipment. Also the light bar on the controller is totally annoying and hoaky.

I am so disappointed I am returning my POS4 to Amazon for a refund.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2013 10:00 AM PST

Ortherafit Orthotic Inserts Medically Engineered to Help Relieve Pain Align Feet and Body Fits in Shoes By Dr. Ron Lavigna Fits Both Men 9.5-11 and Women 10.5-12 Bonus Cushion (1 Pack)

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior to Superfeet, October 13, 2013
I have worn Superfeet Green for at least 10 years, so was very intrigued by this product when I saw it. I tried a pair of these, and after a month of use, have thrown them away and gone back to Superfeet. Here is how Superfeet is better.

1. Orthera has a very pronounced drop off in the supported heal area to the unsupported front. It is like standing on the edge of a step. Superfeet has a smooth, unbroken support, with no drop off.

2. The top cover of the Orthera has worn off in only a month. It is peeling on the edges and bunches under my foot. I have worn a pair of Superfeet for over a year, and never seen this happen.

3. The Orthera squeaks loudly with every step. Loud enough that people ask me about it. Superfeet squeaks a little, but is nearly silent.

I can find nothing to recommend Orthera over Superfeet.

Valeo Medicine Ball
Valeo Medicine Ball
Price: $18.67 - $140.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruptured after 4 hours of use., June 13, 2013
This review is from: Valeo Medicine Ball (Sports)
I used this medicine ball for about 4 hours, and it ruptured. I primarily used it to do overhead power slams onto my driveway. The ball made a loud hissing sound and a 4" gash was in its side. A fatal rupture.

Natural Sea Bath Sponge 7" To 7-1/2" Diameter
Natural Sea Bath Sponge 7" To 7-1/2" Diameter
Offered by Spa Plus
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $8.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too rough., May 22, 2012
I have used several different brands of natural sponges. This one is too rough for my taste. It is abrasive, and not very flexible. I threw it away.

Born Free
Born Free
Price: $9.00
83 used & new from $3.69

1.0 out of 5 stars So Very Dissapointed., November 17, 2010
This review is from: Born Free (Audio CD)
I consider myself a huge Kid Rock fan. I have his early albums, the ones before Devil Without a Cause, have seen him perfom three times, and generally revere the man. With that established, I must say I am sorely dissapointed with this album.

Simply put, I miss the old Kid Rock. Even at his most cocky, with arrogant, self-praising lyrics, I always felt Kid Rock was poking a little fun at himself. Yes, he was brash, but you knew he did not take himself too seriously. I always felt his songs were good at pointing out hypocrisy in a sly manner.

On this album, the lyrics are very simple, inane even. The songs just say the same words over and over again, and I am sick of every song when it has about 30 seconds left. I find myself skipping forward just to end the monotony. Kid Rock's previous songs had clever lyrics that made me want to listen closely, and they often told a story. The songs on this album all sound like a good time beer commercial. I know Kid has his own brand of beer. They will not have to look far for background songs for the commercials showing the people of different races and professions having a great time together. The whole album is just too Brady Bunch, goody-two-shoes.

I miss the old Kid Rock that stuck it to the man, made me look at myself in a different light, and mostly made me laugh.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Last 5 minutes ruins the whole film. Spoiler Alert!, May 21, 2009
John Connor's character, and the entire movie, is built around the idea that human compassion and love is what makes us better than the machines. The hybrid Terminator played by Sam Worthington saves John Connor and Kyle Reese from death. John Connor is mortally wounded and needs a heart. The hybrid Terminator has a human heart, and offers it to John Connor. Connor accepts the heart, presumably leading to the death of the hybrid. This one scene ruined the entire movie for me, and made a lie out of John Connor's entire ethos. The John Connor I know would not take the life of another human to save his own.

The movie lacked the nerve racking suspense of the first two that left you exhausted. It was very predictable, and most of the movie I felt like I was watching Transformers 3, not Terminator 4. The director McG just does not get the Terminator Universe. I hope he Will Not be Back.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2009 10:32 AM PST

Flavors Of Entanglement
Flavors Of Entanglement
Price: $17.33
59 used & new from $0.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Alanis got this one backwards., August 23, 2008
This review is from: Flavors Of Entanglement (Audio CD)
I have really enjoyed this new album from Alanis. The funny thing is 80 percent of the time I am listening to the bonus disc. It has the best songs on it, which the people who bought the regular album are missing out on. How did this happpen?

Quicken Home & Business 2007 [OLDER VERSION]
Quicken Home & Business 2007 [OLDER VERSION]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Job by Quicken Support, May 22, 2007
I just bought a new computer with AMD dual core processor and 2GM RAM, Windows Vista Premium. After loading Q2007 on the machine, the program suggested I update to the latest version, R5 at the time.

When loading R5 the progress box said program not responding. I used task manager to cancel the program. DO NOT DO THIS! You will be unable to uninstall, or reinstall the program. I followed all the directions on Quicken's website to uninstall, but was unsuccessful. I called their customer support number and had a great experience. They answered within two minutes, the rep was very knowledgeable, and did not rush me at all. I would say we spent 20 minutes on the phone. He was in New Delhi, India.

Say Vista users, when you download R5 give it 30 minutes. The progress bar will say "program not responding," but just relax and give it a LOT of time.

Once installed the program appears to be working well.

23 Days In July: Inside Lance Armstrong's Record-breaking Tour De France Victory
by John Wilcockson
97 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars No original material, as far as I can tell., March 28, 2006
I agree with a previous reviewer who found fault with the way the story was told. There is no excitement in describing the stages. They are just wrapped up all of a sudden.

To me, it did not seem like the author did many interviews of his own. It seems like he just watched the Tour de France and retold what he saw on the broadcast. His supposed "back-stories" which should be really interesting, all seem like a recap of the mini segments during the Tour broadcast that let you know more about the participants.

There is just nothing that reaches out and grabs you, and makes you want to keep reading. I finally quit it after the poor description of the day in the Pyrenees. That is one of the most exciting stages of the race, and the narrative was so wooden.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6