Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jackie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Warm & Cozy Winter Fleece Lined Seamless Leggings (Navy),One Size Fits Most
Warm & Cozy Winter Fleece Lined Seamless Leggings (Navy),One Size Fits Most
Offered by Trendy Friday
Price: $5.95
2 used & new from $5.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, cozy, but major pilling..., February 13, 2015
I agree with other reviewers about the strong chemical smell on these when they arrived. I sealed these in a bag with baking soda to absorb the smell, which did help, and it passed over time. I got a few wears out of these and no doubt the fleece lining is super soft and make these cozy, but they are poor quality. The pants developed pilling within the first wear or two, and the pilling has been difficult to clean up with a sweater comb or lint stone. They're cheap and if you're looking for something you can wear under other garments for warmth, these may be useful but can't say they'll last too long. The fit was fine on me, 5'4" 115", with room to stretch.

KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, Black
KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, Black
Price: $22.62
78 used & new from $16.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for spice grinding, highly recommended, February 13, 2015
I bought this for my husband as he loves cooking with freshly-ground spices. He loves this little machine! It works great, no issues with function, it is easy to use and clean. Great quality for the price.

Kyjen 2482 Port-A-Bowl Collapsible Travel Dog Food Bowl Water Bowl, Large, Blue
Kyjen 2482 Port-A-Bowl Collapsible Travel Dog Food Bowl Water Bowl, Large, Blue
Price: $6.74
40 used & new from $2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, very handy, good price, February 13, 2015
Love these soft and portable bowls! We bring them for our hikes and keep one in a car. Well made, highly recommended. For what you get you can't beat this price.

Outdoor Research Gradient Hat, Black/Charcoal
Outdoor Research Gradient Hat, Black/Charcoal
Price: $28.00
2 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, soft and heavy, very warm, February 13, 2015
I bought this for my husband to replace a Northface winter hat that he lost. He loves this one by Outdoor Research. It's very warm with the wool construction, but it is not itchy with the fleece layer on the inside. It fits him great, covers his ears and doesn't slide up or anything.

Icebreaker Chase Beanie, Black, One Size
Icebreaker Chase Beanie, Black, One Size
Price: $21.99
3 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, lightweight, great fit, suitable under another hat or on its own, February 13, 2015
2/13/15 First impression: This is just what I was looking for. I wanted a lightweight soft merino wool cap that I could wear under another for really cold temperatures. As far as the fit, I am a 5'4" 115-pound woman with a smaller-than-average head, and in my opinion, it's a great size suitable for many. It covers my ears and forehead well, and I imagine it would do the same for people with larger heads because of the substantial stretch of the fabric.

2/15/15 First wear: I pulled this on to take the dog outside in the midst of a blizzard that brought strong gusts of wind. The wind chill put the temperature into negative degrees, the weather report says, so I am impressed that this hat kept my ears and head warm nonetheless.

I will write another update after more wear, but I am thinking, this hat is keeper!

Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Travel Mug with Handle, Midnight Blue
Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Travel Mug with Handle, Midnight Blue
Price: $29.69
13 used & new from $24.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel mug I've ever owned, February 19, 2014
I purchased two of these mugs about 2-3 months ago and my husband and I have used them every day ever since. I had a few essentials when searching for a travel mug: 1) non-spill, 2) excellent insulation, and 3) wide enough for me to fit my (small) hand in to clean easily. This mug delivers on all of those items, as you can flip it upside down and as long as the switch is turned to "close," it will not leak. The advertisement that beverages will stay warm for up to 5 hours is completely true, even if I leave the mug in the cold car for a few hours. I am a 118-pound woman with fairly small hands, but I can fit my hand inside the mug to wash it. I imagine these will last us a while and whenever they do need replacing, I will be purchasing the same ones.

Free Country Women's Softshell Jacket
Free Country Women's Softshell Jacket

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, warmer than expected, excellent buy, February 19, 2014
I purchased this coat elsewhere in a different color (a dark purple that I think they call "Purple Moon"). I wanted to comment on the fit of the coat, which I find just right in a size small for my 5'4" 118-pound frame (36 bust, 25 waist, long torso). The coat is warmer than I expected. We've had an unusually warm Northern Arizona winter, but I've found this coat to be comfortable down to 30 degrees if I have a decent wool or synthetic base layer on underneath. Bear in mind, even though temperatures can drop in Northern Arizona, it is still sunny - unlike the Northern parts of US - so it does feel warmer. The coat breaks wind nicely and doesn't add bulk. It packs pretty well (doesn't take up too much room) and I am happy with the purchase.

Mad Grip Pro Palm Glove 100,Black/Black,Small/Medium
Mad Grip Pro Palm Glove 100,Black/Black,Small/Medium
Price: $16.48
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for climbing, just what we were looking for, February 19, 2014
I purchased these gloves for my husband for climbing. We have the Vibram Five Finger shoes and love the grip and traction they offer and my husband has been wanting something similar for his hands. These have the same grip and protective quality that the Five Fingers have and he loves the gloves. A great price, highly recommended!

Vibram FiveFingers Mens KSO Athletic Shoes
Vibram FiveFingers Mens KSO Athletic Shoes
Price: $62.00 - $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Flexible, Supportive, Protective, A Barefoot Lover's DREAM, May 1, 2013
My husband and I got these for walks and hikes. We love being barefoot but wanted something that would provide a little extra protection. These are not as thick as some of the other Vibram models (the top part is quite thin and breathes well), but the soles offer protection, support, and amazing traction. Excellent for hikes, climbs, traversing all kinds of terrain! They are especially effective for the hike back down a mountain! Unlike boots and most other footwear, these are not stiff or heavy, so they allow your foot to move, articulate, and operate fully and efficiently. I believe these shoes help to wake up muscles in your feet, ankles, and even lower legs that you may not be familiar with. We find them extremely comfortable and it did not take us long to get used to the spread toes (however, we have both practiced yoga asana for several years and have a lot of body control and awareness as well as mobility as a result of that). These are also the only shoe I have ever come across that one might be able to practice yoga asana wearing. I personally am not a fan of wearing anything on my feet during my practice as I believe most footwear (even socks) would interfere with the natural structure and healthy functioning of the foot; but, if I were to practice outdoors, I would probably wear these. We would highly recommend the Vibram Five Fingers KSOs!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical for Every Day Wear, April 13, 2013
My husband uses these for everyday wear. They are warm and waterproof for the winter snow, comfortable enough for long walks/hikes, and well-made. They are not well-ventilated and tend to trap odors. Overall, he would recommend these boots, particularly to anybody looking for a functional shoe for everyday use and outdoor lifestyle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3