Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Jason M. Brooks > Reviews

Browse

Jason M. Brooks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason M. Brooks RSS Feed (Midwest, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for HTC Windows Phone 8X (Verizon & AT&T) - Retail Packaging

3.0 out of 5 stars It Works, December 9, 2013
The item came quickly and fits my phone perfectly, but its not quite as protective as I would have liked. Its a very thin case, more of a skin really. So far my phone has survived a few falls thanks to the case, but if you are looking for something to improve your ability to grip your phone better and to give it a more protective shell, look elsewhere. If your looking for a skin for decorative reasons, this is your case.

Be the Monkey - Ebooks and Self-Publishing: A Dialog Between Authors Barry Eisler and Joe Konrath
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore The Monkey Jokes And It's Okay, April 24, 2013
This is a fascinating read for any self publisher/writer. Some of the humor is crude, but it's a good read to understand what is going on in the publishing market.

Omen: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 2)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting Old, April 24, 2013
I'm actually sick of writers coming up with "new" ways to bring back the Sith. The Vong storyline was an excellent way to introduce a new enemy. This is just a rehash of the same old. I love Sith and Jedi, but enough is enough.

Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies]
Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies]

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Top Ten For Tomlin, April 24, 2013
This one joins my personal top ten for Chris Tomlin and it's a tough place to put it because there are so many great worship hits by this man. To put this in the top ten puts it in great company.

Awake My Soul (with Lecrae)
Awake My Soul (with Lecrae)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of His Best Yet, April 24, 2013
Chris Tomlin does it again with this hit. I would rate this as one of his top ten... and that is a crowded top ten at that!

The Magician's Nephew: The Chronicles of Narnia
The Magician's Nephew: The Chronicles of Narnia
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving the Adventures in Narnia, April 24, 2013
When I was in third grade, our teacher read us "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" and ever since, I have been inspired to write. C.S. Lewis is an unbelievable writer of great fiction with powerful Christian messages embedded. As a min-thirties adult, I decided to go back into the world of Narnia and for the first time I read the book that started the entire series. This is a great read if you want to know the beginning workings of this classic world. I highly recommend it for all ages. Share it with your kids as well. Never too old or too young to visit Narnia.

God's Great Dance Floor
God's Great Dance Floor

4.0 out of 5 stars Catchy, April 24, 2013
This isn't Chris' greatest work, but it is well worth owning and adding to your collection. I enjoy the live version that I heard in concert over this one, but that is probably true in most cases when you compare the two.

Indescribable Joy: Discovering the Principles of Joy from Paul's Letter to the Philippians
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover Where Real Joy Comes From, April 10, 2013
In a world with increasing pain and sorrows, it can make it easy for us to lose sight on the truth and find the joy in our lives sucked away. Jesus didn't promise puppys and rainbows. He warned us of persecution and times of trials. He also promised us real, everlasting joy. However, in a world of instant gratification, we sometimes lose sight of it. Author/Pastor Joel Dison does a wonderful job of digging into Pauls letter and helping the reader to see first hand where real joy comes from. Jesus promised great joy for us, and it is there - but it has been clouded by the chaos and false promises of the world. Joel helps push back the curtains and explain in simple, easy to understand concepts what this great joy is that Paul is trying to show the Philippians. I love this book and look forward to using it in my small group.

St. Paul Pioneer Press News
St. Paul Pioneer Press News

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Miss A Thing!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: St. Paul Pioneer Press News (App)
I have long been a fan of the print version of the Pioneer Press so I am so pleased with their app for my Kindle Fire. Now I download each days edition in the morning and I can read it offline at work. I strongly recommend this app if you are looking to keep up with the Vikings, Twins and other Minnesota sports teams and local news. Runs smooth and gives me everything I need.

Kindle Fire - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 2nd)
Kindle Fire - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 2nd)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tablet that Won't Break the Bank, September 17, 2012
I was reading the reviews on the Fire and am shocked by all the negative reviews. I have had my Fire for a month and I love it! I was saving my coins for an iPad but I can't justify paying that much for a unit that goes out of date a year later because Apple can't sit still for a second. I loved my Kindle 3G so I decided to give this a test run. While not as powerful as a tablet dedicated to productivity, there are plenty of Apps that make this an affordable option. I use a variety of Apps that make my Fire a productivity tool as well as an entertainment powerhouse. I strongly suggest the Fire for anyone looking for a more affordable option in the tablet market. Push it to it's limits like I am. You won't be disapointed.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2013 2:53 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2