Profile for Jamie Wilson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 240

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jamie Wilson RSS Feed (Knoxville, TN)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
360CUT 360PRE, Great Tasting Pre-Workout Activator for Optimal Muscle Fullness and Pumps, Watermelon, 40 servings
Price: $34.99
16 used & new from $32.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, gave me a much-needed boost for my workout, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this so far. I've been using the BSN N.O.-Xplode pre-workout and, while it has been working, it sometimes leaves my stomach upset. I tend to do half-scoops of N.O.-Xplode since I workout in the evenings and full scoops not only leave me feeling wired but restless throughout the night. A half scoop of 360PRE was all I needed for a great workout the other evening. It had already been a long day and I was coming off a week-long break after being sick, so my energy was already low. 360PRE seemed to do the trick--and it tasted great. Not only did I have a great workout, but I had a ton of extra energy throughout the evening. It felt like more of a natural energy, rather than a caffeine buzz--and that's exactly what I want. I'm tempted to try replacing my morning coffee with this.

My girlfriend is a medical student and she's constantly checking the labels of products she consumes. She took a look at this and said that most everything in it looks good and wants to give it a try herself. She teases me about the amount of sugar I put in my coffee, so if she's cool with this, then I feel even better about it.

ilumi ML2101W A21 Color Tunable LED Smartbulb, Small, Arctic White
ilumi ML2101W A21 Color Tunable LED Smartbulb, Small, Arctic White
Price: $89.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool! Lots of potential and now I want more of them!, May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is a lot of potential for these bulbs, not only for the many uses already available, but also for the many features that can be pushed to the ilumi app by the developers in the future.The ilumi can handle millions of different colors and setting the one you want is just a matter of dragging your finger around the color wheel in the mobile app. Once you find one you like, set the brightness and save it as a "scene" for later one-touch recall.

The app also supports something called "experiences," which are basically pre-programmed sequences. For instance, the built-in "circadian" experience will change the color of the light throughout the day to mimic natural sunlight as it changes over the course of the day. The "rise & shine" experience will mimic sunrise to wake you naturally in the morning. "Torch" will turn ilumi lights on when you get near them and off when you move away. "Vacation" will simulate an occupied home and "music sync" will pulse the light to music playing on your phone. There is even one for a game of "Simon."

Setup is very easy. ilumi is controlled via Bluetooth, while some competing smartbulbs are wifi-enabled. I had mixed feelings about Bluetooth at first. Wifi would allow you to control your bulbs remotely when you're not home and take advantage of services like IFTTT to trigger different things based on external events (e.g. turn red when the stock market is down or turn blue when it's cold outside). Bluetooth, however, makes setup easier, allows you to use proximity triggers (like the "torch" experience), and even take the bulb with you when you travel without having to set it up all over again.

I would like to see some more features, but overall I think this is a great high-quality product.

RefresH2Go Sleek Water Filter Bottle, 22-Ounce, Blue
RefresH2Go Sleek Water Filter Bottle, 22-Ounce, Blue
Price: $18.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient for filtering tap water, but nothing overly impressive, May 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Calling this a "filter" bottle is sort of a stretch because it's designed to only filter water that's already safe to drink. If you don't like the taste of tap water or water fountains, then this bottle will "reduce" that taste. Filters are good for about 40 gallons of water and, looking at current Amazon prices, a 3-pack will cost you about a $1 more than the bottle.

The bottle is fairly well designed, looks kind of stylish, is BPA-free and seems durable enough. There aren't any ridges or grooves on the bottle, though, so sweaty hands may struggle a bit with for a decent grip. The cap loop is great for hooking this on a bag with a carabiner and the drinking straw flips down to help keep dirt and grime from getting in the mouth hole. I haven't noticed any leaking with the drinking straw flipped down, but it will leak if turned up with the straw open.

Overall, it's not a bad bottle for the price if you're not a fan of unfiltered but drinkable tap water. Your biggest cost will be the replacement filters if you stick with this one.

All-Clad Textiles Premium Collection Heavyweight 100-Percent Cotton Twill and Silicone Oven Mitt, Pewter
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, well designed, May 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect for outdoor grilling. This is a big mitt and covers most of my forearm with steam-resistant protection up to 520ºF. It has comfortable interior padding, a non-slip grip with a fire resistant thumb area, and a convenient hanging loop that folds inside the mitt when in use. Great quality.

Black & Decker PS1000B 3-Cup Ergo Chopper with 2 Nestable Bowls, Black
Black & Decker PS1000B 3-Cup Ergo Chopper with 2 Nestable Bowls, Black
Price: $18.33
5 used & new from $15.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love it! It's easy to operate, does a great job chopping, and is easy to disassemble and clean. Each of the bowls has a lid, so you don't even have to transfer the contents to another container for storage or transport. This saves me so much time in the kitchen and takes up little space in the cabinet.

Annex Quad Lock Sports Armband Running Kit for iPhone 6 - Black
Annex Quad Lock Sports Armband Running Kit for iPhone 6 - Black
Price: $69.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! The Quad Lock case also works with the Annex Quad Lock bike mount., April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was already a big fan of the Annex Quad Lock bike mount, so it was no surprise that I'd be just as enthusiastic about the armband running kit. Everything about this says quality. This is the 3rd armband I've had and my favorite by far. I'm not a fan of the "pouch" cases which you slip your phone in under a clear plastic face. They can be a pain to get the phone in and out of, and are even more of a challenge to keep clean on the inside. The 2nd case I had was case semi-permanently attached to the armband. It was a nice trade-up, but nothing compares to being able to detach the phone quickly and easily and then just as easily snap it right back onto your arm.

The Annex Quad Lock case isn't bulky, so it's something that's perfectly fine to just leave on the phone all the time. It has a slightly raised "hole" on the back, but it's not obnoxious. Attaching the phone is just a matter of lining up the case with the lock on the armband and giving it a slight twist until it clicks into place. It attaches securely, so no worries about it falling off. What I really love is that the Quad Lock cases work with other Annex devices--so I can use the same case with both the armband and the bike lock. That's a big win in my book.

Presse by bobble, On The Go Brewer, Black
Presse by bobble, On The Go Brewer, Black
Price: $28.81
3 used & new from $28.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea! Very convenient, just not quite a great travel mug, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really cool idea and extremely convenient. The bottom of the press can be used as a measuring cup for coffee grounds (I recommend freshly ground). Simply dump them into the mug, add hot water, wait 3 minutes, then press. Add whatever cream and sugar you want, slip the rubber lid on top and you're good to go. When you're finished, you only need to pull the press out, rinse out the coffee grounds, and you're ready to go for the next round. It eliminates the need for a separate press, and means less to clean later on.

I do have two small gripes, though. The first is that it doesn't fit well within the cup holders in my car. It's too big to fit in the smaller part that holds most takeout cups and travel mugs, but too small to be held in place by the wider part of the cup holder. None of this would be an issue if it weren't for my second gripe and that is...

The rubber cap is not great for lots of movement. There are 3 small holes opposite the drinking hole that are always exposed, which allows coffee to splash out when the mug is jostled. While the vent is necessary, most travel mugs keep them closed until you're ready to drink. Because you're basically drinking right out of a French press, there are no buttons or contraptions to open and close the mouth piece. You simply flip up and slide a rubber drinking hole cover.

Samsung MotionSync Bagless Slim Design Upright Vacuum with Long Lasting Suction - Spring Green
Offered by Better-Deals
Price: $143.77
8 used & new from $50.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the quietest vacuum cleaner I've ever used, smooth glide and easy turning, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably the quietest vacuum cleaner I've ever used. It works very well, glides smoothly over the carpet and turns with much more ease than most other vacuum cleaners I've used in the past. It's a well-designed product that not only works incredibly well but looks very cool. It goes without saying that the bagless design is the way to go, but the HEPA filter is a huge added bonus for people like me who have seasonal allergies. I've had no gripes with this vacuum thus far.

HAMMERHEAD HCSD040 4-volt Lithium Rechargeable Screwdriver with Non-Contact Voltage Detector and 9-Piece Bit Kit
Offered by LWGoods
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to my toolkit, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great tool to have around when you need it. I recently used it to assemble a cabinet and it was far more convenient than using a manual screwdriver when using my DeWalt drill would have been overkill. Just give it a slight twist in the direction you want to screw and that's pretty much it. You're not going to get the same amount of torque as a full-sized drill, but it should be plenty for most things you'd use a regular screwdriver for. It charges with a mini-USB cable, which adds a lot of convenience, and the voltage detector is a useful bonus. I love having this in my tool bag.

Sony SHAKE55 3000W Wireless Music System
Sony SHAKE55 3000W Wireless Music System
Price: $798.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, especially given the price tag., March 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a decent system for entertaining, but disappointing for home use. Personally, I don't think it's worth the price tag for what it offers.

This is a big system, much bigger than what I expected. The speakers are more than 2.5 feet tall and more than 1.5 feet wide. The listed weight for the entire system is 126 pounds. You don't have to major in math to guess that these probably weigh 40-50 pounds each. Plan accordingly. They don't have the straps you normally find on speakers this size, just finger notches on the front and back. Sure, it makes them look better, but keep that in mind if you're planning to carry these things from venue to venue. If you're using them at home, shouldn't be a problem.

The system looks cool. No doubt about it. Both the stereo unit and the speakers have very cool colored LED lights that simultaneously fade in and out in a variety of colors. You can choose a specific color you like, or have it iterate through each of them. This is a really cool feature for parties, clubs, entertaining, etc. Mildly cool for sitting at home on the sofa listening to music. I was hoping I could find a setting to get the lights to pulse to the music or something, but no such luck. The lights fade in and out in in a consistent rhythm regardless of the tempo of the music playing, or if music is playing at all. For a $1000 system, I'd like some more LED eye candy.

I'm not an audiophile, but the sound is decent and I can feel the power behind those speakers without even taking the volume to 40. I'm dying to go higher, but apartment living is shackling my ambitions to do so at the moment. Nonetheless, I have no doubt the 3000 watts this system is packing will be more than sufficient for many parties, DJ gigs, karaoke nights, and things like that. No one stands around at those places saying "you know, I really would've enjoyed myself more if the audio had been a bit more crisp on the midrange frequencies." If you want some boom, I'm sure this system can bring it.

The system can play CDs, music from USB devices, Bluetooth devices, a radio tuner, and a couple of external audio devices. The Bluetooth standby mode is really handy. It'll power the system on automatically whenever a device connects to it via Bluetooth, so you can just whip out your iPhone, make the connection and start listening to music without having to fumble with the remote control. There is even a microphone input works while the music is playing, so knock yourself out with some karaoke or whatever floats your boat.

There's also this thing called the "party chain" function that lets you hook several of these systems together so that they all play the same thing simultaneously. You can also run the audio into a non-"party chain" system if you don't feel like shelling out the bucks for several of these systems. Maybe I'm short-sighted at the moment, but I see that feature being mostly useful for clubs and venues like that.

Now for my frustrations.

The speaker wires aren't long enough to give you a lot of flexibility in where to place the speakers. This isn't so much a problem if you don't mind keeping the speakers within maybe 5-6 feet of the stereo, but really frustrating if you're setting this up in your living room and need to route them around some furniture. They don't use standard speaker wires you can just replace with longer wires, so you're kind of stuck with what you get short of finding extensions that work with the plugs they use (I honestly have no idea if you can buy anything like that). To make things even more frustrating is that, even though the speakers are labeled "left" and "right", the wires come out of the left side of each of the speakers, so you instantly lose about 1.5 feet on the left speaker because you have to run the wire across the back of the speaker toward the stereo. This is just engineering laziness. Not what I'd expect for a $1,000 system. To add to the frustration, some moron in the factory slapped a big read warning sticker on top of the left speaker about how to properly lift the speaker without injuring yourself. It doesn't peel off easily, so I presume it was meant to be permanent. It looks terrible and took more time scrubbing it off with alcohol and a credit card than it took to setup the whole system. Not cool, Sony. Not cool.

The advertising and manual boast about this great "virtual football" mode that you can use while watching football (not sure if this is American football or soccer, or if it'll work with other sports at all, but the manual keeps referring to "football," darn it). Presumably, this would mean the system can handle audio output from your TV. Let's face it, if you're buying a $1,000 audio system, your TV is going to be pretty darned state-of-the-art, am I right? So here's the catch: there are zero digital audio inputs on this system. Zero. I was so dumbfounded by this that it took me nearly an hour to process that sad reality. The two external audio inputs use those old analog RCA plugs (white and red). My Samsung LED 3D Smart TV does not have RCA audio outputs. It has things like optical audio out and HDMI. In all fairness, the TV does have this obscure plug for a minijack to RCA out, but it's not a common plug you have laying around your audio cabinet--and it's still an analog output. Clearly this system was not designed to play well with digital inputs, whether it is TV or other high-end audio equipment. Others may disagree but, for me, this is a *huge* disappointment for something in this price range.

Finally, the DJ effects are mediocre. Even if they were cool, they always decrease the volume of the music when I use them, so any cool effect they produce is instantly dampened by the lower volume. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. You know, pushing the DJ effects buttons and expecting better results.

My final verdict: It's a cool system for parties and entertaining, especially if feeding it digital audio input from external devices isn't an interest of yours. If you're looking for something a bit more versatile for your home entertainment room, I'd suggest picking up a decent surround sound receiver, some decent speakers (that are much smaller than these), and buying some LED strobe lights if the light show is important to you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20