ARRAY(0x9d0552ac)

Customer Reviews: 180

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jamie Wilson RSS Feed (Knoxville, TN)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest
by Denise Lee Yohn
Price: $20.02
61 used & new from $14.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fascinating., April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've long been fascinated by branding and my professional work has led me more and more into that area, so I was excited to receive this book. Some of the principles seem counter-intuitive, especially when we look around and see a lot of huge companies doing just the opposite, but reading the case studies of some of the top companies in their fields and how they apply these principles suddenly makes the principles seem genius. And they are. When you look at some of the brands spotlighted in this book, you've probably thought of them as marketing geniuses at some point and this book identifies those behind-the-scenes principles that create the genius we all see. This is a really interesting book and should be on the shelf of everyone responsible for any part of any brand.

Ready to Be a Thought Leader: How to Increase Your Influence, Impact, and Success
by Denise Brosseau
Price: $20.26
66 used & new from $13.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable advice, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The steps outlined in this book for becoming a thought leader aren't exactly revolutionary, but most people lack a clear roadmap for making that happen and that's where this book shines. It offers practical knowledge and instructions that will, given time and real effort, help a person grow into a recognized thought leader in the area(s) that he or she is passionate about. This isn't a quick process and reading the book alone isn't going to make it happen. It takes time to build a reputation and an audience. It's a process that can certainly be done without a book (most people have), but Brosseau guides his readers from one logical point to the next, offering excellent advice along the way and offering up things to focus on that many of us may not have thought about.

Belkin MIXIT Home and Travel Wall Charger with 4-Foot Micro USB Charge Sync Cable (2.1 AMP/10 Watt), White
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely going into my travel bag for quick charges at the airport when traveling, April 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I haven't actually timed charges, but it does seem to charge my devices much faster than my other chargers and outputs double that of some of the standard iPhone chargers. It looks cool, is fairly small and is something I'll definitely be using while traveling so I can get the fastest charge in airports. My only real gripe is that the prongs don't fold into the device.

The Detainee
The Detainee
by Peter Liney
Price: $19.88
61 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me hooked from from the beginning, April 10, 2014
This review is from: The Detainee (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great book that had me hooked right from the beginning. The story is set in a fascinating dystopian future in which society exiles those who are drain on the economy (elderly people, unwanted children) to a wasteland of an island just off the coast. The elderly are particularly reviled and have a separate camp from the children.

"Punishment satellites" keep watch over the world below, both on the mainland and the island, and dish out punishment via lasers when crimes are observed. Minor crimes may get a stunning shock, while serious crimes--like trying to leave the island or committing murder--result in immediate execution. The big twist, though, is that the satellites can't see through fog and this filthy, polluted island is constantly being swallowed by fog. When that happens, the children descend on the eldery camp armed with machetes and other weapons and slaughter as many as they can. In a way, it's almost like a state-sanctioned Lord of the Flies, except it's the elderly being victimized by drug-crazed children.

All in all, it's a very well-written and engaging book, but also an interesting perspective on what could happen if certain political views are taken to their extreme conclusions when it comes to the poorer elements of society, especially in the face of an even larger financial crisis we faced in 2008.

The After [HD]
The After [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away!, March 12, 2014
The entire pilot episode had me on the edge of my seat. This level of tension, action, suspense and mystery reminds me of Lost. This is one of those shows that so thoroughly draws you in that you instinctively want to make sure your own doors and windows are locked before you go to sleep at night. The end of the episode was so freaky and terrifying that I think I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Do yourself a favor and watch this show!

Safco Products Vivo LED Lighting, Black
Safco Products Vivo LED Lighting, Black
Price: $110.56
6 used & new from $97.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very cool in my office and doesn't take up much space, March 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have this lamp in my office at work and I've already have several people comment on how cool it looks. I agree. It's very cool-looking and doesn't take up much space on my desk. It has a solid base that keeps it in pretty firmly in place. The on/off button is sensitive enough that you really don't even have to tap it, but simply touch your fingertip to it to turn it on and off. It even has a pleasant little beep. The lamp puts out a nice bright white light (which is dimmable), and the neck can be tilted and rotated easily to aim the light exactly where you need it. I really like it!

Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash for Men, 5 Ounce
Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash for Men, 5 Ounce
Price: $5.99
5 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves my face clean, but not feeling dried out, March 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm hardly an expert on face washes, but I do have oily skin and have used a variety of products. This one goes on smoothly (unlike some of the other pasty facial cleansers I've used) and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, like it has sucked all of the oils out of it. It also seems to last a while. I use it almost every morning in the shower and this 5 oz container has lasted for more than month, even with me occasionally squeezing out far more than I need.

Adonit Jot Script Evernote Edition Fine Point Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPhone
Price: $74.99
4 used & new from $69.04

4.0 out of 5 stars You'll never be able to go back to a "normal" stylus, March 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Once you try a fine point stylus like the Jot Script, you'll never be able to go back to using a cheap, fat-tipped stylus. I love this stylus and have used it a lot in the few weeks I've had it. It has helped me eliminate a lot of paper on my desk at work. I've used this to sketch out mockups up web and other design projects at work, diagrammed work-flows and other ideas to my boss, taken handwritten notes in meetings, and have used it to highlight and markup electronic documents.

I've also used the Adonit Jot Classic. When it comes to accuracy and precision, I've not noticed much of a difference between it and this Jot Script. The Classic is understandably slimmer than the Jot Script, but the Jot Script, being free of the rubbery disc on the point of the Classic, has a smoother glide across the screen. I also don't have to worry about that disc coming off.

What I really love about the Jot Script is that it connects to my tablet using Bluetooth LE, and it does so automatically without me having to manually pair the two. Some apps, such as Penultimate and Noteshelf, are designed to work with these kinds of instruments. Once connected, these apps can do things like recognize and ignore palm drag, allowing me to write without worrying about my palm touching the screen and creating the sorts of annoying chaos I had with my cheap $7 stylus.

The Jot Script runs on a single AAA battery, so nothing exotic to worry about. It turns on and pairs fairly quickly, and has an auto-shutoff after 3 minutes to conserve battery power (which is sometimes frustrating, but for the greater good). My single biggest gripe is with the location of the button. When writing, that part of the stylus is inside my grip so the base of my thumb sometimes clicks the button when writing, which causes the stylus strokes to not register on the iPad. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is very annoying, especially when I'm taking notes. To me, it would have made more sense to put the button near the top of the stylus, but what's done is done.

As far as apps, I love the Penultimate app for this stylus. I can choose different types of paper for different needs, auto-sync my notes with my Evernote account, email or text them to others, maintain multiple notebooks, add photos, and more. the Noteshelf app is also a great app to use this stylus with.

My verdict is this: The Jot Classic is a great stylus for the budget-conscious and I have no complaints with its precision. However, I really love the smoother glide of this stylus and the ability to know when I'm dragging my palm while writing and ignore it. I also like that there are apps designed to take advantage of Bluetooth LE-enabled styluses like this. In either case, using a fine point stylus with apps like Penultimate has allowed me to take big steps towards going paperless.

Clorox ToiletWand Disposable Toilet Cleaning System
Clorox ToiletWand Disposable Toilet Cleaning System
Price: $8.48
43 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd had this in college, February 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is definitely made for people who hate cleaning toilet bowls (which is probably everyone). It's practically dummy-proof, which means it would have served me and my college roommates well had this been around a few years ago. It consists of 3 parts: a handle (aka ToiletWand), a storage caddy with a lid, and the disposable cleaning heads (which are stored in the caddy). To use, you simply open the caddy, push the ToiletWand down onto the top clean head until it snaps on, dip it in the toilet water for a couple of seconds and scrub away. When you're done, the heads eject with the slide of a switch on the handle (sorry, ToiletWand) and the ToiletWand slips into a holder on the caddy--and you're done. Quick, extremely easy, and you walk away with a clean and disinfected toilet without even having to get your hands all up in there. What more could you ask?

Swiffer Sweep & Trap In The Box Starter Kit, 1.000 Kit
Swiffer Sweep & Trap In The Box Starter Kit, 1.000 Kit
Offered by K&K Kandies
Price: $32.85
4 used & new from $32.85

4.0 out of 5 stars The Swiffer gets an upgrade, February 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wouldn't say this is a huge improvement over the regular Swiffer, but it's a convenient improvement. The only real difference is that this will also pick up things too large to stick to the Swiffer sheets, but still has a Swiffer sheet to catch anything not scooped up by the "trapper". It's like a push-powered vacuum cleaner that only works on non-carpeted surfaces, but it did a great job grabbing the Cheerios I dumped on the kitchen floor to test it. It snatched all of them in one pass. The dirt bin pulls out with the pinch of the unlatch buttons, so emptying it is quick and easy. It doesn't really hold much, but this isn't really designed for big jobs anyway. All in all, it's not bad. I like the regular Swiffer and this is basically a Swiffer+.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18