Profile for Lucee1986 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lucee1986 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Paper Company, St 93464, Journaling Clear Stamps
The Paper Company, St 93464, Journaling Clear Stamps
2 used & new from $19.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, but made in China, February 26, 2014
These stamps are nicely designed. They are a little small, but sometimes that's all you need when you are journaling in a scrapbook. The downside is that these are made in China and I'm guessing with not very good rubber. They aren't very "clingy" and when I tried to reattach them to the plastic sleeve they didn't want to stick. My Hero Arts Poly Clears are a better quality. I will post a picture of the stamped images and the sheet of stamps. To give an idea of size, the paper is 8 1/2 in by 11 in. These should work for what I want them to, I just wish they were made a little better.

MBI by MCS Bold Fashion Collection 12-Inch by 12-Inch Page , Top Load  13.2 x 12.5 -Inch Scrapbook, Dog with Photo Opening
MBI by MCS Bold Fashion Collection 12-Inch by 12-Inch Page , Top Load 13.2 x 12.5 -Inch Scrapbook, Dog with Photo Opening
Price: $12.59
15 used & new from $7.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover design, but..., February 23, 2014
I love the cover design of this album and got it because I couldn't find any other pet albums that allow for a photo and name to be put on the cover. Actually, it was hard to find a pet album at all so I was excited to find this one. I was a little hesitant based on the other reviews, but since I couldn't find anything else I "bit the bullet" so to speak, and got this one.

First the photo and name tag for the front are reached through slits in the backside of the cover. Each part (photo and name) have a plastic covering. The one over the name piece is just a flat piece of plastic. It slides left to right fairly easily, but is hard to get out the top. I had to use tweezers. The photo part is easier, as it has a tab to grab to help pull it out. However, this also slides around and once I got my photo lined up as I wanted I used a glue dot to hold the tab to the cover so it would stay in place.

Also, the plastic covering the album cover (I suppose it is a dust cover) is very cheap, thin plastic. It looks like it was trimmed along parts of the top and bottom edges, but not the whole thing. I tried swapping it out with a dust cover I had on an inexpensive Recollections album and the Recollections cover was just too small. It was close, but it wasn't going to fit anyway, anyhow.

In addition, (and I know other reviewers mentioned this) the pages are pretty cheap as well. They seem to be an alright texture and they seem like they would hold up to wear and tear, but they seem large to me. I originally had some pages in a Recollections album before moving them to this one and with the raised embellishments and ribbons on the pages they were a tight fit in the Recollections album, but once i got them in they were just perfectly snug. I was excited at first that they were easier to insert into this album, but now that I've worked with it a bit/opened/flipped through it, they slide around A LOT. It is the most irritating thing about it. I'm constantly having to push the pages back down to the bottom or outer edges. Since this is a post bound album I'm tempted to find better fitting page refills and toss out the ones this came with.

Lastly, the description for this states that is has "20 Acid free, top load pages." I know this can be read two different ways, but I read it as it included 20 pages. Alas, it doesn't. It has 10 double sided pages, so it will hold 20 sheets.

I gave this 3 stars because this was the only thing of it's kind available, otherwise I would probably have given it 2.

Good Dog Die-Cuts 20/Pkg-Doggy
Good Dog Die-Cuts 20/Pkg-Doggy

4.0 out of 5 stars Larger than I was expecting, February 23, 2014
These die cuts were larger than I expected them to be, but they are nicely made and sturdy. They do have a sort of shiny finish on parts of them, but that is a good thing! Well made and the designs are nice as well. See my picture to see them all laid out.

Ballistic AP1156 - A015 Aspira Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Pink/Gray
Price: $19.68
16 used & new from $15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides great drop protection, February 3, 2014
I purchased this cover because I wanted something Otterbox like, but without the Otterbox price. I had heard how delicate the S4s were so I bought this and had it ready as soon as I got my new phone and I was not let down. I have dropped it several times and have not had damage. I even dropped it in a store on the hard flooring and it bounced from corner to corner, but was perfectly fine when i picked it up. the pink part of the cover is smooth so that helps if you are trying to slide it into a pants pocket. the gray parts area ll rubber. on the front the rubber is a littler higher than the phone so if it is dropped on its face, the face won't actually touch the ground. All ports are fully accessible with this cover on. I have had the case for 6 months now and I have noticed that the gray rubber on the front has started to yellow from facial oils, but it is still fully usable and not noticable unless you are up close to it.

EK Success Millennium Pen Set .05 Line 8-Pack, Assorted Colors
EK Success Millennium Pen Set .05 Line 8-Pack, Assorted Colors
Offered by zip2012
Price: $20.84
4 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome archival pens, February 3, 2014
I was looking for scrapbooking pens and these were recommended to me by my sister. She said that she has had hers for probably 10 years and they still work great, so I decided to try them. They are wonderful. They write smooth and once dry, are smudge proof. I'm not sure that the colors are exactly like the color on the cap, but they are close. I have used the black pen to trace over pencil writing, let it dry and then erase the pencil and the ink looks great!

Zig Memory System Writer Dual-Tip Markers, Multicolor, 8-Pack
Zig Memory System Writer Dual-Tip Markers, Multicolor, 8-Pack
Price: $18.28
14 used & new from $12.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for writing and coloring!, February 3, 2014
I purchased these to use for scrapbooking/card making. They were shipped to me in the middle of a huge snow storm and freezing cold that was all across the northeast. They arrived on time. Because of the extreme cold temperature the end flap on the plastic case had cracked and broken off, but the markers worked right out of the box. No warm up needed! I was too excited to use them to wait any longer. The small tip writes really well and the broad one is great for coloring. I will say that these colors are deeper than I thought they would be, particularly the pink and purple. In some light the purple may be able to be mistaken for a blue and the pink is a deep pink. Other than that they are fabulous!

FouFou Dog New Birthday Cake Squeak Toy, Pink
FouFou Dog New Birthday Cake Squeak Toy, Pink
Price: $7.79
3 used & new from $5.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bday gift for pups!, February 3, 2014
I had looked all over trying to find a "Happy Birthday" type toy for my dog's 1st Birthday and this was the only place I could find one. She loves this toy. She also loves to chew and play rough and this toy has withstood her. She is a 16 lb. dachshund/beagle mix. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that the candle and whipped cream on top have stayed intact since she loves to hang on to the toy by them. I don't expect them to stay on there forever, but the fact that they have stayed for about 2 1/2 months is impressive.

PetSafe Gentle Leader Headcollar, Small, Brown
PetSafe Gentle Leader Headcollar, Small, Brown
Price: $12.75
3 used & new from $10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 3, 2014
I love that this was a color that they didn't offer in stores. Plus, it was cheaper. The instructional DVD is from the 90s, but the information is great and easy to understand. The product is simple to use and while my dog (a dachshund/beagle mix) is stubborn, she does behave better when using the gentle leader. The biggest issue we have with it is trying to train her to let us put it on her.

TOOGOO LED Flex Neck Reading Book Light Huglight (Blue)
TOOGOO LED Flex Neck Reading Book Light Huglight (Blue)
Offered by ChangAnJu
Price: $4.17
6 used & new from $4.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, July 24, 2013
these little lights are great! I really wish more companies made them. these do come from China, but they seem to be a decent light. I was a little surprised when they just came in an envelope with no packaging. I assumed they would come as pictured, but alas no packaging.

Each side has two LED lights. Each light is controlled seperatley. You can click once for one light, twice for the other light. or again for both. another click turns them off. Theses are great for reading in bed because it allows you to wrap it around your neck and read in any position.

My husband is having a little trouble with one of the LED lights flickering the slightest bit, however I discovered that he has stepped on it a couple of times so that may be the cause. Otherwise, great product!

Titan Wildcat Ladies Mountain Bike (Purple/Black, 26-inch)
Titan Wildcat Ladies Mountain Bike (Purple/Black, 26-inch)
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $169.99
7 used & new from $169.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bike but..., July 24, 2013
This is a good bike, especially for the price, however it is not easily assembled. I had to take it to a bike shop to have them do it for $60. According to the guy I'm not the first person to assuming assembling a bike was easy, but I hope others can learn from my mistake. So it is beneficial to just buy the pre-assembled ones at a chain store or even go to a bike shop. I learned that they not only make sure you have the correct size tires for your height, but that you have the proper frame size too. I'm about 5'8" and this bike is fine with some seat adjustment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3