Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for simmi77 > Reviews

Browse

simmi77's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

simmi77 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
GroVia All in One Diaper - Owl
GroVia All in One Diaper - Owl

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay AIO, July 11, 2011
This is one of three kinds of AIOs I own. While it does the job (no leaks during the day) I was a bit disappointed by the form of the inserts. They are very narrow and therefore I can use the diaper only for 2 to 3 hours during the day. After that it will leak. The slim fit might be more stylish but I can't even put another insert in. This is the only way my son survives his 8 to 9 hour night time sleep without leaks. I'm using Mommy's Touch AIO for the nights. The other thing I don't like about GroVia is the way it buttons up. The sides go underneath the front part which is counterintuitive and makes it harder to close the snaps. The diaper takes a long time too dry which don't really care about and it will start to pill and get less soft after a couple of washes.

Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap, Storm Cloud, Size Two (18-40 lbs)
Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap, Storm Cloud, Size Two (18-40 lbs)
2 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Flip, July 11, 2011
Since I couldn't make up my mind what brand or style (all-in-one, pocket and diaper cover) to order and got a big variety. I got two covers - Flip and Thirsties. While both do an exellent job I tend to grab the Flip cover first. I like that it has pockets in the front and back that are big enough for the insert to be tugged under. Thirsties have only one in the front which is rather small. Also the missing back one makes putting the insert in a bit more complicated, however I never had a problem with the insert sticking out in the back. I prefer the vertical orientation of the snaps on the Flip covers over the horizontal one on the Thirsties. Since you have a wider closure area the cover stays on better and closes better around the legs. I like that you don't have to wash the cover after every use. At night I use an AIO with an extra insert since both Thirsties and Flips will not hold up to more than 6 hours of use even with two inserts together (haven't tried 3). And just a little suggestion to make things even easier - I bought some flushable super thin liners that I put on top of the insert and can be removed with #2s so no messy clean-up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2012 11:38 AM PDT

Sail Away Snap All In One AIO One Size Cloth Diaper by Mommy's Touch
Sail Away Snap All In One AIO One Size Cloth Diaper by Mommy's Touch

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite AIO, July 11, 2011
Even though I prefer diaper covers with inserts this is my favourite AIO diaper. It is easy to clean, dries fast and stays soft. It is a bit bulky but I use them mostly for the nights. In fact these are the only diapers that won't leak during the 8-9 hours my son sleeps. I also purchased flushable liners for the inserts to remove #2s more easily. Highly recommend.

bumGenius One-Size Snap Closure Cloth Diaper 4.0 - Clementine
bumGenius One-Size Snap Closure Cloth Diaper 4.0 - Clementine
Offered by Cotton Babies, Inc.
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Diaper, July 11, 2011
I bought a variety of different styles and brands and realized I am not a big fan of stuffing. I prefer diaper covers with inserts or AIOs. I normally wrap the inserts with a flushable liner that can easily be removed with #2s. This is more difficult to do with pocket diapers. However I have no real complains besides the stuffing part. The diaper is easy to wash, stays soft and I don't have leaks during the day. I do not use it overnight though since it will not hold up for more than 5-6 hours. I use AIO with an extra insert for the nights.

bumGenius One-Size Pocket Diaper 4.0 Artist Series Snap Retail Therapy (Light Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, July 11, 2011

Kissa's One Size All-In-One Diaper, Chocolate
Kissa's One Size All-In-One Diaper, Chocolate
Offered by Thanks Mama
Price: $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not AIO, July 11, 2011
I purchased a variety of different styles and brands (cover with insert, pocket and all-in-one diapers). I do like Kissa's but I would not consider it AIO. The insert is attached to the diaper but you still have to stuff it inside. It is easier than in regular pocket diapers but I'm still not a big fan of stuffing. I also like to wrap the insert with a flushable liner and discard #2s for an easy clean-up. This is not possible with this so-called AIO. I only had one minor leak so far and I will continue using this diaper.

Babykicks 3G Pocket Diaper, White/Multicolored Snaps (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Regret the purchase, July 11, 2011
I'm new to cloth diapering and decided to go for a big variety of styles and brands (diaper cover with insert, pocket and all-in-one diapers). I'm very satisfied with all diapers I bought except this one. After only two washes the diaper started pilling and it's not soft anymore. The insert is even worse. I'm afraid that after ten washes it will turn into a brick. Also, the sides disappear underneath the front part which is counterintuitive and makes closing the snaps more difficult. The only reason I gave it two stars is because I didn't have leaks the two times I've used it, however I would not recommend this product.

Flip Individual: 1 One-Size Snap Closure Diaper Cover & 1 One-Size Stay-Dry Insert - Twilight

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, July 10, 2011
Since I couldn't make up my mind what brand or style (all-in-one, pocket and diaper cover) to order and got a big variety. I got two covers - Flip and Thirsties. While both do an exellent job I tend to grab the Flip cover first. I like that it has pockets in the front and back that are big enough for the insert to be tugged under. Thirsties have only one in the front which is rather small. Also the missing back one makes putting the insert in a bit more complicated, however I never had a problem with the insert sticking out in the back. I prefer the vertical orientation of the snaps on the Flip covers over the horizontal one on the Thirsties. Since you have a wider closure area the cover stays on better and closes better around the legs. I like that you don't have to wash the cover after every use. Even compared to all-in-ones and pocket diapers Flips are my favourite choice of cloth diapering for the day, however at night I use an AIO with an extra insert since both Thirsties and Flips will not hold up to more than 6 hours of use even with two inserts together (haven't tried 3). And just a little suggestion to make things even easier - I bought some flushable super thin liners that I put on top of the insert and can be removed with #2s so no messy clean-up.

Burlington Baby Bassinet Combo with Baskets, White
Burlington Baby Bassinet Combo with Baskets, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bassinett but mattress is unacceptable, October 19, 2010
We were looking for a cheap bassinet for just a few months before we move our son to a baby bed in his baby room. This one works just fine for us. We take him from our bedroom to the living room. For the price we didn't expect the highest quality but I was shocked by the "mattress" - if you can call that a mattress. I ended up buying another one since I did not want to put my son on this one. It is barely existing, very thin and soft. We are using it as a pad for our dresser which we use as a changing table if we don't feel like going to the nursery in the middle of the night. So at least we are using it for something.

Built  E-LS17-BRW 17 Inch Laptop Sleeve (Brown)
Built E-LS17-BRW 17 Inch Laptop Sleeve (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and protection for you laptop, October 19, 2010
I bike to work through most of the year. I needed a good sleeve that would protect my labtop from cold and had sufficient padding. This one is just perfect. The laptop fits in just great - not too snug but also not too loose. I also liked the multiple color options.

Page: 1 | 2