Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for prisrob > Reviews

Browse

prisrob's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3044
Top Reviewer Ranking: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

prisrob "pris," RSS Feed (New England USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rubbermaid Servin Saver Cake Keeper
Rubbermaid Servin Saver Cake Keeper
Offered by Nutrition Factor
Price: $16.02
21 used & new from $12.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Keeping The Cake, August 27, 2015
How can a cake Keeper walk away? This is not a riddle, but the cake keeper I had is messing. An APB is no good, I have had this cake keeper for years, and I was upset to see it gone, wherever it went.

I perused the Anazon cake keepers , and I found this one by Rubbermaid. Rubbermaid has a good name in the business, and I have never been disappointed with Rubbermaid. This cake keeper is no different. I would like to say if I had not read the first review, I would not have known the base was upside down. I could not figure out why the cover was loose and fell off. I was all set to send it back, so hurrah for the review. I appreciate it.

I have a family reunion this weekend, and will be making a new lemon bundt cake recipe. This cake keeper will be on tap as the cover. I am very pleased with the cake keeper.

OPI Dulce De Leche
OPI Dulce De Leche
Offered by Red Carpet Distributor
Price: $6.73
20 used & new from $6.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Preferred Nail Color, August 27, 2015
Opi is a brand of nail color I can count on. It is constant in its quality and value. As far as I am concerned you can not go wrong when shopping for or using Opi. The only problem may be the color if you are unfamiliar with the shade and order on-line.

I have used the Dulce De Leche before, so I knew what the color was. It is a great nude, in fact it is my preferred color when I am I between summer and Fall shades. It goes on smoothyly, no steaks or globs. It does not ripple nor pill. I always use an undercoat and a top coat, so I do have the protection and the color will last at least a week. You cannot go wrong with Opi.

Thirteen Ways of Looking: Fiction
Thirteen Ways of Looking: Fiction
by Colum McCann
Price: $16.04

5.0 out of 5 stars It Seems Like We Are Writing Our Lives In Advance, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What is amazing about this book is that, McCann tells us at the end of the book in his 'Author's Notes' that he notes 'that it seems like we are writing our lives in advance, but at other times we can only look back.' The wonder is that it seems that the event that occurred to the Judge in the first story actually happened to Colum McCann a while after writing this book.

'Thirteen Ways of Looking' the first novella of four stories, is a magnificent story told in third person. There are thirteen chapters, alternating between the Judge's voice , and the detectives investigating the event. All four stories have 'a chance' encounter that changes lives. The judge in the first story brings a little of his life history and in particular his beloved wife, Eileen and his son, Elliott. They lived in New York, and the life he has had and what changed. The Detectives have their version of the investigation, after interviewing everyone and watching the available tapes. The other three stories are just as persuasive and just as telling as the first. But it is the first novella that lingers, the judge, the event, the investigation and then., the magnificent writing.

'What Time Is It Now', Where Are You?' examines a writer's voice after agreeing to write a short story, and then all the possible versions of the story.

Sh'khol shows us the interesting sameness of a story of Rebecca and her disabled son, and the translation of the story and a similar tragedy unfolding.

'Treaty' gives us the story of a chance encounter via television of a nun and the man who raped her forty years before. That man is now being hailed as a hero. Could her memory be faulty?

As Colum McCann tells us 'everything we write is autobiographical, particularly when we try so hard to avoid the autobiography. ' Now, think about that for a moment as this great writer has given us these four stories of chance encounters.

Recommended. prisrob 08-27-15

Orblue Herb Scissors, Food Cutter Shears with Five 3-Inch Blades, Chopper Blade Cover Included (1-Pack)
Offered by Orblue
Price: $16.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Herb Scissors, August 27, 2015
You know the feeling you have when you realize how a kitchen tool can make your life easier? Once, I tried the Orblue Herb Scussors I felt that way.

These culinary scissors are made from food grade stainless steel. Five blades that allow for the fastest cutting of herbs. I needed some chiffonarde basil, rolled up the basil, cut 1-2-3 and the basil was in pieces, just right for my salad. I need to cut mint for a drink, again, in the flash of an eye, it was done. If you have an herb garden or know someone who does what a great gift. The plastic handles are large and easy to grip, and the silicone holder is just right.

These herb scissors are very helpful. Note: a complimentary pair of scissors was provided to use and review.

Recommended. prisrob 08-26-15

Children's Book:Princess Nancie Gets Ready for Bed (funny bedtime story collection,illustrated picture book for kids,Early reader book,Bedtime story for kids,)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Will She or Won't She?, August 26, 2015
Do you like to go to bed? Do you hem and haw before getting ready for bed?

The author, Leela Hope, has given us another lovely story about Nancie. Nancie is a young girl with bright yellow hair, she is often obstinate. Ask your parents what that means. In this story Nancie does everything she can to stay up at night. She helps her mom clear the table, even though she breaks some dishes. She helps dad in the yard raking leaves, but she gets all messy. Both parents are adamant, that Nancie will go to bed on time. When you read this story you will find out what actually happens.

Parents/teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will like hearing this story because everyone wants to stay up late. They will laugh at Nancie's antics, and will think of their own. They can relate their own stories about trying to stay up late. The illustrations by the author, Leela Hope, are bright, beautiful and colorful. They depict the antics and adventures of Nancie. This book is told in rhyme, which is one of the author's favorite methods of writing. Hearing the lilting words is a fun and lovely thing, indeed. Note: a complimentary copy of this book was provided to read and review.

Recommended. prisrob 08-26-15

The Bridge: Season 1 (Bron/Broen)
The Bridge: Season 1 (Bron/Broen)
DVD ~ Sofia Helin
Price: $30.20
14 used & new from $24.82

5.0 out of 5 stars The Oresund Bridge, August 26, 2015
The Øresund Bridge, which flows from Copenhagen in Denmark to Malmö in Sweden, is the longest bridge in Europe. Denmark and Sweden are good neighbors and this friendship can be seen in this concrete bridge.

'The Bridge', a series made for TV by the Danish is quite a production. I have viewed the U.S. Version, and though it was good, the Danish version is spectacular. This ten episode series held me on edge for every episode. The main protagonists, Saga Norén, played by Sofia Helin, is a Detective in the Malmö Police Department, and her counterpoint, Martin Rohde, played by Kim Bodnia, is. Detective in the Copenhagen department. Each if these characters bring a breadth of fresh air, but it is Saga, who is on the Asperger's syndrome, who is the most fun. She tel,s the truth, has not learned the social norms, and marches to her own drummer. She is intelligent, and she is the best detective in Malmö. Her colleagues call her 'odd'. Martin, is slovely dressed man, a little overweight, with a charming grin. married three times with five children by different mothers. Many affairs, it seems, and his current marriage is iffy. These two, however, work very well together. Martin teaches Saga about social skills, Saga teaches Martin how to tell the truth and how to be a good detective. This couple completely different, but good together as detectives. No romance in this series between the two.

A body of a woman is found in the middle of the bridge spanning Denmark and Sweden. Thus both countries have the law involved. The woman is cut in half, the upper half in Sweden, the lower half in Denmark. Thus begins one of the most convoluted series in television. It is mind blowing, so well written and acted, that it us difficult not to continue watching.

The series has ten episodes, each almost an hour long. The scenes of Malmö and Copenhagen are beautiful. The bridge is also beautiful, and it makes a visit to the Oresund Bridge a must see. This is one of the top ten best series for me. A chuckle at times, but tense anxiety the rest.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 08-26-15

Mediterranean Organic Wild Capers Non-Pareil, 3.5 oz (Pack of 1)
Mediterranean Organic Wild Capers Non-Pareil, 3.5 oz (Pack of 1)
Offered by Save Plus
Price: $19.22
8 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Taste, August 25, 2015
Capers made of the Juniper bud are such a wonderful addition to any recipe. I have used capers for years, and I have found these capers to the best by far. Organic is the best avenue and provides the best taste. I can have these in two days, thanks to Amazon. I have included one of my favorite recipes using these capers.

Chicken and Capers
INGREDIENTS
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 1/4 pounds
Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoon dried
8 ripe plum tomatoes cut into small cubes (or one 28-ounce can of tomatoes, drained and chopped)
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup drained capers
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Nutritional Information
PREPARATION
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-bottom skillet. Add the chicken breasts and saute over medium-high heat, turning the pieces often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the shallots and garlic around the chicken. Cook briefly; add the tarragon, tomatoes, vinegar, capers, wine and tomato paste. Stir to dissolve the brown particles adhering to the bottom of the skillet.
Blend well; bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 9 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Recommended. prisrob 08-25-15

Foyle's War, Series 9
Foyle's War, Series 9
DVD
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaving The Best Til Last, August 25, 2015
Christopher Foyle, the MI5 operative we have followed for the past 7 years is coming to a close. I saw the last three episodes on Acorn TV. The storyline takes place from 1940-1947, and from what I can gather 'Foyle's War' written and directed by Anthony Horowitz has been historically true.

The final three episodes are some of the more definitive shows, truly well done. Foyle played by Michael Kitchen and his aide, Sam, played by Honeysuckle Weeks, meet the worst and the best of the series.

The Episodes are:

High Castle- Foyle visits Nuremberg to fish out the murderer of a university professor.

Trespass- Foyle investigates the death of a young student whose father is a wealthy Jewish businessman.

Elise- one of my favorite characters, Hilda Pierce, is almost killed. Foyle looks for the guilty party and uncovers a nest of traitors.

The last episode is particularly meaningful. I did not know this was the end of Foyle, until I read it has been cancelled. The last episode gives us hope with big news from Sam. Her husband, Adam, with her assistance, is doing well politically. I will miss Foyle, his stodginess at times, but always professional, and very courtly to his aide, Sam. The best of the best.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 08-2515

Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2)
Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2)
Offered by My Little Country Store
Price: $14.25
7 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Family Staple, August 24, 2015
Nabisco Saltines have always been something I loved. Put peanut butter between them, eat them separately, use the cracker crumbs on casseroles, and crackers and milk. They are a family staple, and I think most families would agree. I found a wonderful recipe using saltines aa a crust, and they are delicious. I cannot tell you how luscious this pie is, and how very easy it is to make.

From 12 Tomatoes

For the filling:

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup lemon or lime juice or a mix of the two
Fresh whipped cream and coarse sea salt for garnish
Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crush the crackers finely, but not to dust. You can use a food processor or your hands. Add the sugar, then knead in the butter until the crumbs hold together like dough. Press into an 8 inch pie pan. (If you only have a 9-inch pan just top the pie with more whipped cream.) Chill for 15 minutes, then bake for 18 minutes or until the crust colors a little.

While the crust is cooling (it doesn’t need to be cold), beat the egg yolks into the milk, then beat in the citrus juice. It is important to completely combine these ingredients. Pour into the shell and bake for 16 minutes until the filling has set. The pie needs to be completely cold to be sliced. Load it up with fresh whipped cream give it a sprinkling of sea salt.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 08-24-15

Apollo 13 - Collector's Edition
Apollo 13 - Collector's Edition
DVD ~ Tom Hanks
Price: $8.08
95 used & new from $1.66

5.0 out of 5 stars The Men Who Became Heroes, August 24, 2015
A television program in 2015 ' The Astronaut's Wives Club' is rather well done. I thought it might be like the 'Housewives' franchise, but no, it is about the real wives of the astronauts. It gave me pause, and I decided to revisit the film, 'Apollo13'. This was one of my favorite films.

In 1970, the flight of Apollo 13, provided us with a frightening scenario. Three astronauts on their way to the moon, experienced a terrible accident, an oxygen tank exploded, and it was feared they would be lost in space. Ron Howard directed this film with the same direct connection he gives to his other films. Superb directing, each scene set up just right. At times the film feels like an old TV show 'You Are There'. Everything seems like it was on the fateful day the astronauts took flight. - Jim Lovell, Fred Haise and Jack Swigert -

Tom Hanks, plays Jim Lovell, Bill Paxton plays Fred Haise and Kevin Bacon plays Jack Swigert. Ken Mattingly, played by Gary Sinise, was originally picked to fly in Apollo 13, but he was grounded from an exposed to the measles. You can imagine the grief he felt when this occurred. Gene Kranz, the man at Mission Control in Houston, is played by Ed Harris. The astronauts were often thought of as supermen, but in reality they were all hot shot pilots in the military. Tbeir roving eye history is well displayed in 'The Astronauts Wives Club'. Several divorces occurred. However, this film portrays the hours and days before the liftoff, and then the moments and minutes after the accident. We all know the men survived, and this is their story. This film is one of the best I have seen about the astronauts, and we have an up close and personal view with the assistance of Ron Howard.

Recommended. prisrob 08-24-15