ARRAY(0x9ec5875c)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

prisrob "pris," RSS Feed (New England USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Here Comes the Easter Cat
Here Comes the Easter Cat
by Claudia Rueda
Price: $13.70
67 used & new from $8.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want To Be The Easter Bunny, April 18, 2014
My granddaughter loves Easter and she loves cats. What could be better than the combination of the two. This book is my Easter gift to her. Everyone, it seems would like to be an Easter Bunny, but is it all that it is cracked up to be?

The author, Deborah Underwood, has written a delicious and fun book about Cat who wants all the fun of the Easter Bunny, but realizes just how much work an Easter Cat can be. We follow Cat as he takes over, and, then discovers he may need to give up naps. Give up naps? Wow! Parents/Teachers will have a great deal of fun reading this book to their children. Lessons are learned and this book will elicit discussions about jealousy and kindness. Those are really good lessons at this time of year. The illustrator, Claudia Rueda, has provided vivid and colorful illustrations mixed with a lot of white space. We can visualize the Easter Cat and the Easter Bunny.

I particularly like children's books that have lessons learned, and the opportunity for discussions to emerge. This is one of those books. Happy Easter.

Jelly Belly Jelly Beans Gift Box, 21-Ounce
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans Gift Box, 21-Ounce
Price: $14.89
10 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Jelly Belly Goodness, April 18, 2014
My son will not be coming home for Easter, so I sent him his favorite Easter candy. He has loved Jelly Belly Jelly Beans since he first tasted them. We have a contest in our home to see who can identify the different flavors without looking.

These jelly beans come in five rows down of ten rows across. They are filled with all the variety of jelly beans you would expect.

A&W Cream Soda A&W Root Beer Berry Blue Blueberry Bubble Gum Buttered Popcorn Cantaloupe Cappuccino Caramel Corn Chili Mango Chocolate Pudding Cinnamon Coconut Cotton Candy Crushed Pineapple Dr Pepper French Vanilla Green Apple Island Punch Juicy Pear Kiwi Lemon Drop Lemon Lime Licorice Mango Margarita Mixed Berry Smoothie Orange Sherbet Peach Pina Colada Plum Pomegranate Raspberry Red Apple Sizzling Cinnamon Sour Cherry Strawberry Cheesecake Strawberry Daiquiri Strawberry Jam Sunkist Lemon Sunkist Lime Sunkist Orange Sunkist Pink Grapefruit

You can view the box and the inside variety by going to JellyBelly.com. Go to the 50 flavor variety. These are so delicious and so much fun to eat. Happy Easter

Authentic Gourmet 26 French Made Butter Croissants
Authentic Gourmet 26 French Made Butter Croissants

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, April 18, 2014
I received these as a gift one Christmas, and since that time it has become a Christmas tradition. I will not be seeing my daughter and her family at Easter,so I am sending these as a gift to them.

It feels like a taste of Paris with just one bite of these butter croissants, you'll feel like you've just walked into a Paris bakery.. These are prepared in France, and sent yo us. They're a luscious treat, perfect for serving to guests at a holiday gathering or keeping on hand for a pick-me-up.

They are so easy to o make. No need to measure ingredients or carefully knead dough--the hard work has been done. Just take the croissants out of the freezer, bake them for 20-25 minutes, and serve. Enjoy them any time. These classic-sized croissants fall in between Authentic Gourmet's mini and original croissant sizes, so you can prepare them for breakfast, dessert, or whenever you want a rich, buttery treat.

They were delivered in dry ice. You put them in the freezer, and take out as many as you need to bake them, one or six. You go from frozen to warm flaky delicious croissant. Yummy!!! These croissants ARE the real thing ! This is the perfect food to have on hand when friends or family drop by. Be careful, they are bound to drop by more fatten, once they have eaten these.

Recommended. prisrob 04-18-14

USpicy CRESCENT USND-1801 18W LED Nail Polish Dryer / Lamp / Light for Curing Gelish & LED Gels(White), Upgraded with Digital Countdown Timer 30s-90s, SPA Equipment
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $95.99
2 used & new from $95.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Manicure, April 17, 2014
The USpicy Crescent USND-1801 Nail Polish Dryer arrived well packaged. Inside the box was an attractive pink box holding the nail polish dryer, well packaged between sponge layers. The nail polish dryer was easy to remove from the box, and it is quite attractive. There is an information/direction guide and a very useful emory board/nail file.

Before using the nail polish dryer, I read all of the information and directions. I plugged the nail polish dryer in and turned it on. I then went on to finish my manicure. I filed my nails and discovered this nail file is excellent. I applied one coat of base polish, two coats of nail color and one coat of top coat. I turned the switch on, and then the timer selection to 90 seconds. I inserted my right hand into the curing window. At the end of 90 seconds the polish felt dry. I then put my left hand in the curing window. Within another 90 seconds, I had both sets of nails dry. I try too keep my hands quiet for an hour or so while my nails completely dry, but found that after 15 minutes, my nails felt completely dry. What a convenient nail polish dryer. I usually have a complete manicure monthly, and in the summer I have a pedicure monthly. I will use the nail polish dryer on my toes and see how this goes. Very pleased with this. I was given this product to use and review.

Recommended. prisrob 04-17-14

Alaska Coloring Book (Maya & Filippo Coloring Books)
Alaska Coloring Book (Maya & Filippo Coloring Books)
by Alinka Rutkowska
Price: $7.57

5.0 out of 5 stars The Glacier, April 17, 2014
The author, Alinka Rutkowska, has provided an accompanying color book to go with her story book, 'Maya and Filippo Visit A Glacier' .

This is a big coloring book that tells the story in pictures, so that your child can color after hearing the story. It could also be a stand alone coloring book. The illustrator, Konrad Checinski, has provided the illustrations just waiting for your child to start coloring. My grandchildren absolutely love to color, and as a grandparent and parent I like to color with them. The colors available now in crayons and colored pencils are astounding and beautiful. A color for every occasion. It will be great fun to color Alaska,and to talk about this beautiful state as you color with your child.

Maya & Filippo Visit a Glacier
Maya & Filippo Visit a Glacier
by Alinka Rutkowska
Price: $9.39
3 used & new from $9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars The Frozen River, April 17, 2014
Maya and Filippo are such lucky children. They live on a cruise ship, 'The Fun Princess' with their parents. The cruise ship stops at ports, and Maya and Filippo visit each port and look at the points of interest.

Today, the author, Alinka Rutkowska, brings Maya and Filippo to Juneau, Alaska. Juneau is the capital of Alaska. The only way you can get to Juneau is by boat or plane. Maya and Filippo have a guide that will bring them to visit the Mendenhall Glacier. Neither Maya nor Filippo knew what a glacier is. The guide told them that a glacier is a frozen river. He also told them that in 40 years the glacier will no longer be there. Our climate is getting warmer, and the glacier will melt. How very sad. Throughout this book you will find out more about glaciers and the flora and fauna that grow there. Maya and Filippo will also visit other parts of Juneau. The illustrator, Konrad Checinski, has provided vibrant and colorful pictures that depict the adventures Maya and Filippo experience. Parents/Teachers will like this book as they read to their children. There is a set of questions at the end of the book, so children will learn as they go. There is information provided about bears found in Alaska. All in all a fun and informative book. This book was provided to read and review.

Recommended. prisrob 04-17-14

Tom's of Maine Clean and Gentle Care, Peppermint with Fluoride, 4.7 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $10.06
10 used & new from $9.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, Clean Teeth, April 16, 2014
Ever since receiving chemotherapy I have been using Tom's toothpaste. I needed a toothpaste that was natural and SLS free. Something that would be gentle in my mouth, yet keep my mouth clean. I found others toothpastes made my mouth bleed and I developed small sores. Not so,with Tom's.

My mouth feels fresh, my teeth feel clean. I am reminded every time I look at the ingredients that this is one if the best natural toothpastes available. I like the taste, I brush at least twice a day, and reward myself with new toothbrushes that I really like. This is good for children and adults.

Recommended. prisrob 04-16-14

Toms of Maine Peppermint Baking Soda Cleansing Mouthwash, 16 Ounce -- 2 per case.
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $15.09
8 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Mouth Is Fresh, Clean, and Hydrated, April 16, 2014
Ever since I have had chemotherapy, I have a dry mouth. The addition of medications for allergies makes my mouth dry year round. I have been looking for a mouthwash that leaves my mouth feeling clean and hydrated. A mouthwash without alcohol and artificial sweetners.

This baking soda cleanser leaves my mouth feeling fresh, naturally. I take a sip, roll it around my mouth, gargle and spit it out. It has a menthol flavor with the addition of peppermint.

Tom's tells us there is :

No animal testing or animal ingredients
No artificial coloring, flavors, fragrance orreservatives.
Every ingredient is shared, its purpose delineated and it's source at Tom's website.
Sustainable practices are a priority in every aspect if their business.
Tom's strives to maximize recycled content of their packaging.
5% or 12 days of employee time is spent volunteering .
10% of profits go to human and environmental goodness.

This is one of the best cleansers out there. My mouth feels fresh, hydrated and clean.

10 Busy Brownies
10 Busy Brownies
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Come On A My House, April 16, 2014
This review is from: 10 Busy Brownies (Kindle Edition)
Do you know what a Brownie is? Not the chocolatey goodness we know of as a dessert,but Brownies known in folklore.

"In folklore, a brownie resembles the hob, similar to a hobgoblin. Brownies are said to inhabit houses and aid in tasks around the house. However, they do not like to be seen and will only work at night, traditionally in exchange for small gifts of food. Among food, they especially enjoy porridge and honey. They usually abandon the house if their gifts are called payments, or if the owners of the house misuse them. Brownies make their homes in an unused part of the house." Wikipedia

In this book, the author, Talia Haven, has combined a story of Brownies with counting in a rhyming format. This is the best kind of book to read. We start with one Brownie and his activity all the way up to 10'Brownies. Like most Brownies, these are very helpful, and like the author, I wish I had some that lived in my house. They clean and take care of children, they cook and eat cream cake. They are good all around hobgoblins to have around. The illustrations, by Sytiva Sheehan, are vibrant and colorful, depicting each Brownie activity. I love books that rhyme, and I have found that most children do, also. This book will be fun for Parents/Teachers to read to their children. Lots of questions may be asked, and I would suppose everyone would want a Brownie to come and live at their house. This book was provided to read and review.

2-Pack Petite Apple Gift - One of Each Flavor
2-Pack Petite Apple Gift - One of Each Flavor
Offered by Mrs. Prindable's
Price: $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Apples Very Small, Price Prohibitive, April 15, 2014
Mrs. Prindable Apples are delicious, big,tasty with lots of chocolates and nuts. At least they used to be. When I received my present order, the apples were small, the chocolate was OK, but missing many chips and caramel. I wonder if the large apples I have seen in print and television ads are just for show?

The price for these two apples, is prohibitive. 2 for $19.95, makes each apple $9.97 a piece. This is not acceptable. Order these apples from QVC, you receive 12 for $37, which us a much more reasonable price. However, I am not a fan of the present size of the apples nor the coverings.

Not Recommended For Me. prisrob 04-15-14