Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for prisrob > Reviews

Browse

prisrob's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3328
Top Reviewer Ranking: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

prisrob "pris," RSS Feed (New England USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hershey's Snack Size Assortment Box, 58 Ounce
Hershey's Snack Size Assortment Box, 58 Ounce
Price: $34.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Delicious, April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PayDay is a candy bar consisting of salted peanuts rolled in caramel surrounding a firm nougat-like center. PayDay was first made in 1932 and later sold to Hollywood Candy and then Hershey Company.
Take 5 is a pretzel, caramel, peanut and peanut butter-filled, milk chocolate coated candy bar released by The Hershey company in 2004.

Both of these candies are found in this 3 1/2 lb box of candy. The candy bars are individually wrapped and are placed in the candy box. I have no idea how many of each, but the box is chock full. I plan to divy this box up within my family, sonthatvthevtemptation if these candy bars are not within my reach. I ate one of each. ThevPayDay is dactyl like I remembered, peanuts, caramel and nougat,with a little salty taste thrown in, quite delicious. I had not tried Take 5 before, and they are also very good. Pretzel, peanuts, caramel, peanut butter and milk chocolate all rolled into one candy bar.

This box of candy would be an excellent idea for Halloween. A large office with employees would benefit from this candy box, almost any type of workplace except a dentist office. It is convenient and fun.

Recommended. prisrob 04-29-16

I Almost Forgot About You: A Novel
I Almost Forgot About You: A Novel
by Terry McMillan
Price: $18.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Reinventing Yourself, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The author, Terry McMillan, has a history of writing relevant books that seem to pertain to us or the place we may be at certain times in our lives. In this novel we find 50 year old Georgia Young looking back at her life, and wondering what could have been

Georgia is at a place in her life where she is alone. Two marriages, two children grown and out of her home, and the chance to move on. One of the more relevant people in Georgia's life is her mother. Irritating at times, but she does see Georgia where she is. Georgia's best friend, Wanda, is someone she can talk to and share her joys and disasters. Georgia has met a new patient, a young woman who came in for an exam for new contact lenses. This young woman is the daughter of someone Georgia knew in her college years. Georgia is suddenly hit with a gut instinct where she makes a decision that will change the course of her life.

Georgia makes great changes in her life, and moves on to people she has known in her past. This is an old tried and true scenario that somehow works, but is not a path that most of us will follow. The writing is crisp and enticing, but for me this was not one of her best novels. Reinventing yourself is a dream of many people, but does it work?

Recommended. prisrob 04-28-16

Devil's Kitchen: An Inspector Drake Prequel Novella
Devil's Kitchen: An Inspector Drake Prequel Novella
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cwm Idwal In Northern Wales, Introducing DI Drake, April 28, 2016
'Cwm Idwal is a hanging valley in the Glyderau range of mountains in northern Snowdonia, the national park in the mountainous region of North Wales. Its main interest is to hill walkers and rock climbers, but it is also of interest to geologists and naturalists, given its combination of altitude (relatively high in UK terms), aspect (north-facing) and terrain (mountainous and rocky). In a 2005 poll conducted by Radio Times, Cwm Idwal was ranked the 7th greatest natural wonder in Britain.' Wiki

Devil's Kitchen is a novella written by the author, Stephen Puleston, that introduces one of my favorite characters, DI Ian Drake. I met DI Drake in the author's first novel, 'Brass In Pockets'. The character of DI Ian Drake is at once a man so full of obsessive behaviors that you wonder how he functions so brilliantly. His personality is such that order and precision are the rule of the day. The small intracacies by his colleague, Caren, irritates him no end, and is mentioned many times. Those characteristics seem to work in his favor, and his team, even though they find him strange at times, will work ceaselessly to do his bidding. An intelligent and likable man, and we become privy to some of his secrets.

In this novella, DI Drake is given his first murder investigation. He has been newly appointed to Detective Inspector, and he wants this case to go well, to make an impression. We also meet DS Caren Waits, his colleague and partner. Working with Drake is a challenge, but Caren is an excellent Sargeant and knows her job. Two dead bodies have been found at Cwm Idwal, a valley in the mountains of Snowdonia in Wales. And, here it begins, the meticulous search for clues, the interviews of all witnesses and people involved in the lives of the two people. At first glance it looks like murder suicide, but Drake has a gut feeling that more is involved.

We meet Sian, Drake's wife, who does not really understand the time it takes for a thorough investigation, and learn of the implications in their marriage. We are introduced to the other colleagues in Drake's detective bureau. And, we have a glimpse of the beautiful country of Wales, the majestic mountains and cities and towns. This is an introduction to a compelling series featuring DI Drake. Note: a copy of this book was provided to read and review.

Recommended. prisrob 04-28-16

Hinterland - Series 1
Hinterland - Series 1
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Land Beyond The Coast, April 27, 2016
Hinterland- a remote region, a land beyond the coast.

Over the past year I have been reading several mystery/detective procedural novels based in Wales. The country filled with long desolate highways, curved roads, isolated villages and dark pasts. However, the people are engaging and full of history. Hinterland is a BBC Wales four-part television series set and largely filmed in the coastal town of Aberystwyth, Wales. Now, Netflix has 'Hinterland' to stream into your homes.

In this small town, comes a new DCI, Tom Mathias played by Richard Harrington. He fits into the landscape very well, dark and dour without a smile. He has a past history, but we are not to learn about it in this series. He lives in a mobile home on a vast area of land, and the home us as bleak as the man. His colleagues, Mali Harries plays DI Mared Rhys. She has beautiful eyes and knows this land as her own. If you have viewed several BBC series, I don't think you will have any difficulty with the accents. I was able to catch and understand every word.

For a small town, there are murders a plenty. Four episodes fill this series, and in each, the storyline will convince you to continue. The characters are all so well presented. No background, we learn as we go, so to speak. We learn DCI Mathias is an intelligent, excellent detective. He can also lead a group with expertise. His team is well rounded, learning to work together, and no one should be late. The murders are mysterious, and not for the faint of heart. Clever murderers, but the DCI is one step ahead of them. I have recently read that Series 2 has been commissioned.

Recommended. prisrob 04-27-16

32 Yolks: From My Mother's Table to Working the Line
32 Yolks: From My Mother's Table to Working the Line
by Eric Ripert
Price: $18.12

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life Of A French Chef, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Eric Ripert is a name among chefs. Le Bernardino is a Michelin Guide three star, French seafood restaurant located in New York City at 155 West 51st Street. The head chef, Gilbert le Coze died of a heart attack in 1994, and Eric Ripert succeeded him as the head chef. Signature dishes include kindai maguro , sustainably raised Japanese bluefin tuna! Kobe beef and escolar. Chef Ripert has gone on to open Philadelphia's 10 Arts and Westend Bistro in Washington D.C. Wiki

Eric Ripert's starts his book with his childhood in the south of France. He had an idyllic childhood until his parents divorced. His mother was a well known clothier of style. She had a small boutique that was visited by many women. She was also an excellent cook, they had home cooked meals every night with candles and tablecloths. Eric grew up around good food, and it did give him an avenue to shape his life. He met a hometown chef, Jacques who realized his potential. Eric went to private school and then onto a chef school. He excelled in his classes, but the real tests were yet to come.

Eric started his life as a chef in Paris. He served under such legendary chefs as Joël Robuchon and Dominique Bouchet. The life of a chef can be brutal as he starts his career, 18 hour days on your feet, the head chef yelling at his underlings constantly. This was abuse, and the life of a chef is said to be better these days, but in Ripert's time, only the really good chefs were the last men standing.

This is a superbly written book, and Eric Ripert has a ghostwriter, Veronica Chambers. The book seemed to be too short. I do hope the second stage of Eric Ripert's life as a chef are As well documented.

Recommended. prisrob 04-27-16

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum 60 capsules
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum 60 capsules
Offered by NetMart
Price: $59.99
10 used & new from $51.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, Glowing Skin, April 26, 2016
Note: when you purchase from Elizabeth Arden you are assured you are receiving the correct product.

For those who have found the capsules to be hard, I would return them. This is not acceptable, and means the capsules are very old and/or the capsule container has been opened.

I have been using the Eluzabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules for ten years. This product was the fore rubber of the essential oils that we need for soft, glowing skin. These capsules contain moisture-capturing lipids for maintaining firm, smooth skin. I use one capsule at night and one in the morning. I wash my raceways then apply the liquid from one capsule to my face and throat. There is enough oil for your face and throat, and then I rub the extra into my hands. I use a moisturizer several times a week instead of the Ceramide capsule, to see the effect of my skin. There is a measured amount of Ceramide in every capsule, so that you have the same rise every time you use it.

I am a retired woman of a determinate age, and my skin is soft and glows. I receive compliments about my skin, and let people know what I use for my skin. You cannot go wrong.

Recommended. prisrob 04-26-16

Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, 12 Huge Rolls
Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, 12 Huge Rolls
Price: $28.99
21 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still The Quicker Picker Upper, But Huge, April 26, 2016
Answer:

Bounty Paper Towels has had a positive history in our family. As a family we use several rolls a week. I was very happy to select these 12 rolls of paper towels. There Are two rolls of paper towels in each package, a total of 6 packages in all. Each roll contains 175 sheets, which means that in each 2-pack of huge rolls there are a total of 350 sheets. Four 2-packs would contain 700 sheets; six 2-packs 1050, eight 2-packs 1450 sheets, and so on. Trump must love these HUGE designated paper towels. The regular, smallest size roll contains 70 or 90 sheets.

The paper towels are their regular brand, white paper towels that promise to be the quicker picker upper. I did not find that these paper towels were any different than qthan any other Bounty paper towel I have used. Strong enough, holds quite a bit of moisture and/or spills. I appreciate the huge amount of paper towels that come with this selection.

Recommended. prisrob 04-26-16

18.00 Ct Genuine Blue Topaz 16x12mm Pear Shape 925 Silver Dangle Earrings
18.00 Ct Genuine Blue Topaz 16x12mm Pear Shape 925 Silver Dangle Earrings
Offered by GemStoneKing
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely To Look At, April 25, 2016
These earrings are not quite as blue as I would like, but they are attractive. I wanted a nice earring in a blue topaz for my sister. She has a lovely necklace which will go well. The co,irscare a little off, but they will match with a sufficient degree.

The teardrop design are very lovely, and with the silver surrounding the topaz, this is a very attractive earring. The earring measures 16x 12 cm. My sister will wear these with her white lace dress for several summer occasions. This will be a present for Mother's Day, and I think she will be very happy with the gift.

Recommended. prisrob 04-25-16

Janet King, Series 1: The Enemy Within
Janet King, Series 1: The Enemy Within
DVD ~ Marta Dusseldorp
Price: $30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solving the Case, and Then Prosecuting, April 24, 2016
Janet King is an Australian TV series featuring a Senior Crown Prosecutor, Janet King. She is played by Marta Dusseldorp, and she has been featured in several tv series. In this series she is the main lead, playing a gay prosecutor, just returning from maternity leave after giving birth to twins. Her partner, Ashe, is a stay at home mom, but she is feeling boxed in and wants to return to work.

Janet King is given a case that belonged to another prosecutor, and now she has 20 mins before the first courtroom appearance. This tv series has 8 episodes in the first season, and they are jam packed with action. The issue is a man of the law found murdered under mysterious circumstances. There is a hinted history of some new barristers trying to solve the cases that the police were unable to solve. Never mind that these prosecutors do not have enough time to do their real job. This seems overdone, but when I think about other legal series the same issues appeared- solve the case before you prosecute. The other lawyers are well characterized and very interesting people. There are areas where these young lawyers are allowed to stumble, and we are there with them. The families are showcased. The life of a gay prosecutor and her home life is not easy, and in Australia doubly so.

A new series that grabbed me at the start. Excellent writing and the acting is superb. I understand there is a season 2, and I look forward to that series.

Recommended. prisrob 04-24-16

essie Luxeffects Top Coat, A Cut Above
essie Luxeffects Top Coat, A Cut Above
Price: $8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Glitter and Sparkle, April 23, 2016
My granddaughter and I like to manicure our nails and then apply nail polish. She loves things all sparkly and chose this nail polish.we hadcsuch a good time. For the best manicure this is what we did:

We soaked our nails in a little soapy water to get them very clean. We dried our hands, got all of the equipment we needed- bottom cost, polish, top coat and clear top coat. Tissues for any smudges.

Applied the base coat.
Apply 2 coats of essie color.
Applied an essie top coat.

We let our nails dry, and we were very excited. This manicure and polish lasted four days for me. This kind of glitter seems to smudge and break much more easily than other polishes. However, my nails look lovely, and we had a fun time.

Recommended. prisrob 04-23-16