Profile for prisrob > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

prisrob "pris," RSS Feed (New England USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hanna Andersson Justina Floral Applique Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid)
Hanna Andersson Justina Floral Applique Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid)
Price: $29.40 - $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Little Sandal, June 1, 2015
The perfect little sandals for toddlers or children. I would suggest these are best for children in the 4-5 age range. My granddaughter loves to wear these for dress up occasions, and then she will wear them for everyday. She likes the color pink, and these sandals are a really nice pink/Rose color.

Thesexarecsturdybsvisxor made of leather, so we'll made. The flower applique coordinates with the shoe. The sandal had a foam footbed and are very comfortable.my granddaughter will not wear anything that is the slightest uncomfortable. The ankle strap is adjustable for comfort. The sizes are true to size and match the sizes of most shoes. Hanna Anderson has a sizing chart that is very easy to fit. A cute little sandal.

Hanna Andersson Big Girl Wavelets Sundress
Hanna Andersson Big Girl Wavelets Sundress
Offered by Hanna Andersson
Price: $42.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Swirly Dress, June 1, 2015
This Hanna Anderson tiered dress is perfect for summer. My granddaughter loves the tiers that she calls tiers ruffles. She has the dress in green/blue, and there are variegated shades of the blue to light green. It is a beautiful dress.

All of Hanna Anderson dresses are well made. There are no undone areas in their clothing. Every seam is do dwell, nothing left to cause starts he's that you might find in lesser made clothing. All the Sean's are bound, no stitches show. Everything feels comfortable. My granddaughter is fussy about her clothing, if it is too snug around the waist or has any seams that scratch she will not wear it. She likes do,IRS and anything that will twirl.

Hanba Anderson is a well known name in the area of children's fashions. I found the clothing in Portland, Oregon. My daughter-in-law introduced me to the clothing line, and I am particularly interested in the sales. The clothing is the best made clothing line I have found for children.

Contigo AUTOSEAL Pitcher Set with Infuser Stick and Ice Core, 72-Ounce
Contigo AUTOSEAL Pitcher Set with Infuser Stick and Ice Core, 72-Ounce
Price: $27.21
6 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Infused Water Or Tea, June 1, 2015
Iced tea in the summer hits the spot. Or I like to flavor my water with citrus fruits or berries. Or even better with thus new pitcher with infuser I can make Mojito Iced Green Tea. My granddaughter likes iced tea, so we make tea with no caffeine tea and add fresh raspberries or other types if fruit.

The infuser inside this pitcher helps to create my fruit infused water or ice tea. The pitcher automatically seals for freshness between uses and prevents spills or dribbles between pours. It is really easy to use, I simply press the button to pour and release to automatically seal. To remove the cover press the side inserts at the same time and pull the cover up and off. I hand wash, but you can wash in the dishwasher. The auto seal is tight at first, but becomes easier the more you use it.

To make Mojito Iced Green Tea:

Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add the tea bags. Let steep for 5 minutes (more or less depending on the strength of tea desired) and then remove the tea bags from the water. If desired, sweeten with sugar, honey, or agave syrup, to taste.
Pour the tea into a pitcher, refrigerate until chilled, and add the fresh fruit when ready to serve.
Ingredients:

6 green tea bags
2 lemons, sliced
2 limes, sliced
1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
1 small bunch mint leaves
Directions:

Prepare the green tea, as per above instructions.
Gently crush the basil and mint leaves in a mortar and pestle or a small ceramic bowl with the back of a wooden spoon, to release the fresh oils. Set aside the muddled herbs.
Pour the green tea into a pitcher, refrigerate until chilled, and then add lemon slices, lime slices, and the muddled fresh herbs. Serve chilled. From Jill Bauer

Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 33.8 oz & Condition 33.8 oz Duo Set
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 33.8 oz & Condition 33.8 oz Duo Set
Offered by Beauty In Style
Price: $89.00
26 used & new from $75.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Hair Stays Shiny and Soft, May 31, 2015
Pureology was recommended to me by my hair stylist. I have had my hair high and low lighted, and to prevent my hair from becoming dry she recommended this product. It has been 3 weeks since the high and low lights, and I have not seen any discernible difference in my hair. However, I have not noticed any dryness, either.

The shampoo has a very light fragrance which U.S. Refreshing. The conditioner the same. I use only a tiny bit of conditioner as recommended by my hair stylist. A small amount goes a long way. Not too much foaming, very easy to rinse out, and my hair does not feel tight nor squeak like some shampoos.

OXO Good Grips Kitchen and Herb Scissors
OXO Good Grips Kitchen and Herb Scissors
Price: $17.99
13 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best In Show, May 31, 2015
When my kitchen shears went missing I was frantic. I use those scissors for many things, it seems. I could not find them, and went looking for a new pair. These scissors are, in fact, the best pair if scissors I have had.

I used the scissors today to cut up boxes from amazon, cut flower stems in my peonies, cut the twine around the flowers, cut the hard thread around my roasted chicken when it was done, cut cilantro into smaller pieces, and cut into the hard plastic shell on a toy for my grandchild. Those were seven uses of these scissors in the morning. These are sturdy scissors, sharp, and like all Oxo products has the good grip design. They are comfortable to use. I can wipe the blades after use if need be, with no resultant dullness of the blade.

I keep these scissors in my special drawer in the kitchen so that I will know exactly where they are when needed. I have not used the herb stripper part, but will do so with rosemary. I will not part with these scissors easily.

Recommended. prisrob 05-31-15

Professional Series Cutlery by Tramontina is expertly sharpened and honed to a keen, long lasting edge for maximum cutting performance. The blades of these kitchen shears are satin finished and made with stain-free, high carbon chrome molybdenum steel. Properly beveled and fully tapered. Ergonomic water resistant, nylon handle provides balance and comfort when gripping. The handle is injection molded directly onto the tang and around the solid stainless rivets to discourage bacteria or residue from accumulating.

Northern Borders
Northern Borders
DVD ~ Bruce Dern
Offered by newtownvideos
Price: $13.76
32 used & new from $8.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Meanest Ba**ard in Kingdom County, May 31, 2015
This review is from: Northern Borders (DVD)
This is an interesting film for several reasons
1. It shows the ever changing beauty of old Vermont
2. Much of this film was made and produced with Marlboro College students,who got credit for this film.
3. There is excellent acting in a film with little or no plot.

Bruce Dern, plays Grandpa, 'the meanest ba*%tard of the Nortern Kingdom'. He works his farm, and his wife played by Genevieve Bujold, who shows her true beauty in old age, has a fascination for all things Egyptian. Into their lives in this rural part of Vermont comes their grandson, Austen Kittredge III, played by Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick. Seamus is the star if this film, an amazing young actor who brings life to this old farm and his grandparents. They do not talk to each other after some sort of quarrel, and Austen plays the go between. He enriches their lives, and he is enriched by theirs.

This is a coming of age film, directed by Jay Craven. It is not for everyone, and it may be that New Englanders will enjoy it. However, the acting chops shown in this film are excellent. It drags at times, and it is difficult to understand the point of the film ,but there are redeeming qualities.

LEGO Chima 70144 Laval's Fire Lion Building Toy
LEGO Chima 70144 Laval's Fire Lion Building Toy
Price: $39.99
76 used & new from $33.50

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGO In His DNA, May 30, 2015
My grandson has tried to explain to me the history of this LEGO Chima, and I think I get it. What I do know and understand is that my grandson seems to have been born with LEGO in his DNA. He seems to have more LEGO parts, parcels and products than other children. He has built the most magnificent creatures, scary and humbling all at the same time. Once he has completed the particular LEGO character several times, he is on to a new one.

My grandson tells me this Chima is spectacular to use his vernacular. It is fiery and challenging, and though he used to ask his dad for assistance, he goes it alone. I have suggested that he rebuild all of his creatures and have them battle each other, and I think the idea may have taken hold. A future Armageddon is to be, and I will alert you when I know the actual date.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 05-30-15

Facial Wash - Organic & 100% Natural Ingredients, Best Face Cleanser Soap for Your Skin, Anti-Blemish, Skin Clearing, Fights Acne, Non Drying, Non Oily, for Women & Men. No Harmful Chemicals, No Synthetic Fragrance or Preservatives, No Sulfates, SLS, SLES, Parabens, Propylene Glycol or PG Derivatives.
Offered by Peak Inc.
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $17.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Face Feels Softer After Using This Cleanser, May 30, 2015
My facial cleanser for over 40 years has been Cetaphil or Ceravu, and I have been completely happy with them. Skin feels good, clean and fresh. For Mother's Day, I received this facial wash in a box of goodies, and have been using it for the past few weeks.

I must say, I really like this facial wash. My face feels more than clean, it feels softer. It seems to have a nice glow. I put a small amount in the palm of my hand, add water and apply to my face. It rinses spectacularly well in a few seconds, no squeaky clean or tight feeling to my face. My facial serum and moisturizer glide over my face, and it my face feels like it has a different texture. However, this may all be just a feeling. This facial wash is 100% organic, and is made with natural products. A little goes a long way. I I understand there are other products in this line, and I shall be looking at them.

Recommended. prisrob 05-30-15

Allen Klein: The Man Who Bailed Out the Beatles, Made the Stones, and Transformed Rock & Roll
by Fred Goodman
Price: $19.89

4.0 out of 5 stars A Man Of His Time, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a well balanced book about Allen Klein. Much of the book is from documents retrieved by Allen's son. Allen Klein was a business man first and foremost. He was a man of the time, so to speak, the 1960's when the best rock bands were making money, and Allen Klein was right in the middle of it. He made some friends, but, probably more enemies.

Allen Klein was the business manager of many well known bands and performers. The most famous of which were the Stones, the Beatles, The Who, Donovan, the Kinks, and Sam Cooke among others. He was a tough businessman, and even though he made millions for his people, he also made millions for himself. He was known for his reputation, and for his unusual business practices.

The author, Fred Goodman, has a background in music journalism, and Allen Klein's son gave him unlimited access to some of Klein's documents. Goodman does his best to make Klein a more sympathetic figure, but as he was known, Klein can make millions for you, and then keep it. There are many stories of Klein, his family history, the people he met and knew on the way up, and his clients, the rock and roll performers of the '60's.

His reputation began with the Stones where he made contracts that ensured the band would rake in the money, but he also had a big percentage of the royalties. He was approached by John Lennon to handle his and Yoko's business, and then on to handle the Beatle's musical empire. Except for Paul McCartney who did not trust Klein and wanted no part of him. This, was a big point of friction between McCartney and the rest of the Beatles. Klein was involved in many litigations with his clients over his business practices as time went on. This took time and money and much of his reputation. He established a record group, ABKCO Records that was one of the first independent labels. Klein was, in fact, a man of the times, and from what little I know of this time, his business practices, seemed to be much like the rest of the musical world.

Much of the book is about the deals Allen Klein made and how he approached business. He was often a man of four words, and he let them fly. He made money, made money for his clients, and built an empire, and he left a lot of stories that still remain in music history.

Recommended. prisrob 05-30-15

Kirkland Signature Chewable Ultra Strength Antacid / Calcium SUpplement 1000mg 265 ct - 2pk
Offered by Thunder Deals LLC
Price: $16.11
14 used & new from $11.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For Daily Calcium, May 29, 2015
When I was receiving chemo, my oncologist suggested I chew a couple of antacids(Tums) a day for the calcium. I rarely if ever had an upset stomach or acid reflux. The Tums tasted God, I got the flavored brand, and this was a good method to obtain the needed calcium. I do not drink much milk, and calcium us important in our daily diet.

I looked on Amazon and Tums is not available in the quantity or flavor I wanted. I have used Kirkland before and found this brand to be equivalent to other known brands. I did note that this brand has 1000mg compared to 500 or 750 mg of the other brands. Please be sure you chew only one a day that is all you will need. They taste fine,not chalky at all. This brand also contains Magnesium stearate,adipic acid,corn starch,crospovidone,dextrose,maltodextrin,sucrose,and talc, beside the calcium carbonate.

If you have acid indigestion frequently, it would do you well to have a physician check you over, but for occasional use Kirkland Chewable Tablets Ultra Strength is perfect.

Recommended. prisrob 05-29-15