Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for JonnyK > Reviews

Browse

JonnyK's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JonnyK RSS Feed (Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2
Levi's Big Boys' Braided Elastic Web Belt,Black,Large
Levi's Big Boys' Braided Elastic Web Belt,Black,Large
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best belt I've ever purchased, April 18, 2015
Perfect length every time, elastic and durable!

Beard Growth Spray® - The Solution for the Perfect Beard - 100 % Natural Formula - Facial Hair Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Great Progress - Exfoliating Scrub May Help, April 18, 2015
One can lasted 3 months. I see a noticeable difference (went from only a few stray hairs to 1/3 patchy beard), but I've also been using exfoliating scrub once a week to also encourage growth. Between the two, I'm hoping to finally have full beard by August (so 6 months total).

6 Clip Pool Cue Wall Rack - Mahogany
6 Clip Pool Cue Wall Rack - Mahogany
Offered by Bank Shot Billiards
Price: $16.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks unfinished, December 10, 2014
The wood is very nice, but there are no wooden "nubs" to go into the screw holes. Since the screw hole walls are unfinished, it doesn't look good.

ButtKicker Wireless Home Theater Kit, Includes ButtKicker Advance and Power Amplifier BKA300 (BK-KIT-4)

5.0 out of 5 stars ButtKicker Introduces a New Dimension of Excitement and Realism, December 12, 2012
As an enthusiast for the latest tech toys, I've bought and tried a lot of great and not-so-great products over the years. When a person buys a product that isn't considered "mainstream" yet, they accept a pretty high level of risk. Quite often it will fall short of promises, come with frustrating bugs that still have to be worked out, or will die prematurely because of cheap materials or poor testing protocols. However, every so often a game-changer enters the market and makes the consumer wonder how they could ever go back to life the way it was.

The Guitammer Company's ButtKicker systems are literally changing the game (or whatever else you throw at it - movies, music, etc.). Do you remember the first time you had the big screen experience in someone's living room? What about your reaction to your first home theater surround sound demonstration? If you now have these items in your own home, you know the disappointment when you have to watch a movie on a modest-sized TV with just the built-in stereo speakers.

So what is the ButtKicker exactly? The company calls it a silent subwoofer that turns any home theater into a 4D theater, allowing viewers to truly feel all the action in their living room for the very first time. ButtKicker-brand products use the subwoofer channel to shake your entire couch precisely in sync with the movie, video game, or music that is being played. Having a ButtKicker hooked up changes everything.

When they say the whole couch, they mean the whole couch! There are no empty promises or exaggerations here. I have a very heavy couch with each end functioning as a recliner. The powerful effects produced by the ButtKicker made it all the way down the leg rest on each end. Just like in real life, when an explosion goes off, you can feel it all the way up and down your body.

Although watching movies and listening to my favorite songs with the ButtKicker was awesome, playing an action-packed game like Call of Duty brought the most excitement. It's a total different experience when you shoot your weapon and actually feel the recoil. When was the last time you were playing a game and your whole body felt the impact after you pulled the trigger? Trust me, it's a total different experience compared to a controller weakly vibrating in your hands.

I decided on the wireless ButtKicker kit because it had everything I needed in the box and promised to be very easy to setup. Although it only takes 30 minutes to setup your ButtKicker system, you won't leave the room for hours after you start getting it out of the box. I had a blast watching movies, listening to all kinds of different songs, and playing various video games throughout the night. Even during the quiet parts, my ButtKicker found a way to bring the entertainment to life in ways I've never experienced before.

SSX - Playstation 3
SSX - Playstation 3
Offered by Unlocked Gaming
Price: $13.44
186 used & new from $4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Starts - Obvious Effort, October 7, 2012
This review is from: SSX - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Out of nearly all the EA Sports games I played (not a ton, but more than a few), I felt this one had the most effort put into it. Voice acting, graphics, cut scenes, etc. were 10/10. Also appreciated the developer's integration of store functions within the game (rather than linking to the PSN store like all the other games I have).

Love the variety of wing suits, oxygen tanks, thermal protection, armor, headlamp, and pulse goggles. Kept the game fresh.

Only complaint is that the game is quite hard, but there is a skip feature if you decide to give up. Would have been better to have different difficulty settings.

Kona's Crate
Kona's Crate
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Kona's Crate (App)
First, let me say this game is very, very challenging. That being said, this game is a lot of fun after getting the hang of it. Of course, as you progress, your patience/skills are strained. As long as you enjoy a real challenge and physic-based games, you will really enjoy this game.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Custom Cut Rubber Mat - 4.5 Stars, July 5, 2010
I've very happy with my purchase. The mat fits very nicely and the customer service was top-rate. I originally wanted to buy both the mat for the back and for the front (nearest to the trunk), but couldn't find the back mat. After I ordered the front mat, they contacted me to find out if I wanted both, which of course I accepted and they billed via PayPal.

Description:

These are just heavy enough, keeping good flexibility and durability. The front mat covers the little compartments, but is easily lifted.

The back looked wrong to me at first, but then I realized it was a bit oversized towards the front so it would arc over the seats for additional protection.

Although I didn't feel they had a 'soft' enough top (to provide more friction), they hold items in place very well.

Overall, I'm pleased I ordered from their company and would order from them again when buying additional vehicles in the future.

Sanyo VPC-ZH1R Dual Camera High Definition Video w/30x Optical Zoom (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by WhiteDogMercantile
Price: $389.00
3 used & new from $115.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - Indoor Quality Suffers - Decided to Return, May 18, 2010
After reading the reviews here I thought that a $200~ camcorder may actually meet all my needs. I've been using the Digital 8 Sony DCR-TRV330 ($800) which came out ten years ago and thought anything near to its quality would be sufficient enough.

In outdoor lighting, the camcorder does really well. Before purchasing the camcorder, I found a video on YouTube that looked amazing. The problem is moving indoors where the video is grainy and rooms appear darker than they really are. My Canon SD780 IS camera (which also does 720p) did better than this indoors.

The zooming is also much slower than my old camcorder. It is smoother though. Also, the focusing time is decent, especially for this price. I've uploaded a video showcasing its speed plus the outdoor/indoor shots to show others how it performs in all situations. Just search for JonnyK429 ZH1R

I will be purchasing a different camcorder as this one would not be suitable for taping anything much more than fun videos and uploading to YouTube. If it wasn't for this low price, my rating would definitely be lower.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 6:58 PM PDT

Gateway LT2022u 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - Up to 3 Hours of Battery Life
Gateway LT2022u 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - Up to 3 Hours of Battery Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Netbook, November 25, 2009
I didn't really have any intentions of purchasing a netbook since I already have a 12.1" laptop (HP TX1000), but my laptop is showing signs of dying and this little doo-dad was on sale at $230. I plan on purchasing a 15"~ laptop once the 12.1" laptop dies as this is not a laptop-replacement for power users (no CD/DVD drive for starters).

First I have to say the design is very nice. The black and silver looks premium and sophisticated, but not gaudy. The inside is a little more basic looking, but the silver hinges and reflective frame around the screen give it some pizazz (although the sticker residue did NOT come off nicely and I ended up leaving light surface scratches when removing)

The track pad is pretty small compared to a normal sized trackpad on a laptop, but is very usable. Only takes a minute to adapt. The side scroller works very smoothly (unlike some other laptops I've tried). The button on the bottom acts as a rocker from side to side for your left and right click.

Weight and thinness are certainly commendable, but you can get the measurements from most product descriptions to see how this compares to others. In my comparisons, I found this one above average (but not best-of-the-best).

Performance is nothing short of remarkable. VERY FAST (but only for basic tasks). Opening internet explorer, browsing around the computer, etc. makes you believe you have a supercomputer, but once you try to play HD video on Youtube, you definitely reach the limitations of the system (regular Youtube videos work fine, even full-screen).

The 0.3 megapixel web cam doesn't seem like much compared to the 1.3 megapixels of other netbooks/notebooks, but this is definitely enough for webconferencing and making fun videos for yourself. It's not like you're taking pictures with it.

Even with only a 10.1" screen, the text is very readable without going to a lower resolution and then not being able to fit everything on the screen. Very pleased in this respect as it was a concern for me.

The laptop screen is difficult to open though... maybe there's a technique to it, but it's completely flush on all sides except where the chrome gateway logo strip is in the center. Also, the sound is not loud at all. Full blast volume is 60% of what you'd expect, so be sure to bring portable speakers or headphones...

As far as connectivity, it gives you everything you need. Everything is on the sides (rather than the back or front) for easy access without getting in the way. There's a network connection, VGA (monitor) port, USB port, mic and speaker ports on the left side and the power cord, two usb ports and a multi-function card reader on the right.

Overall this netbook really impressed me. It is definitely going to be grabbed more often than my 12.1" laptop for its lightweight portability, quietness, and lack of heat - all without sacrificing speed for simple tasks. I only hope this netbook surprises me with reliability in the years to come.

Update/Edit:

Today I put in iTunes and was able to get the sound up to par by maxing out both Windows Sound and iTunes. I was able to do the same with Windows Media Player

DRY Soda Multi 12-Pack
DRY Soda Multi 12-Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Innovative Addition to the Beverage Market, July 13, 2009
This review is from: DRY Soda Multi 12-Pack (Misc.)
I'm big on beverages and am always trying something new. I got the 6-flavor pack, and although it would be best to review each of the products separately, I've been drinking them over a multi-week period and wouldn't be able to remember enough of the details.

With the exception of Rhubarb (which is exceptionally tangy), all the beverages are very lightly flavored. The issue though is that you can taste the acidity of carbonation since there's not enough flavor to counteract the acid taste. However, I did get used to the carbonation taste and have found myself concentrating on the actual flavor of the beverage.

After drinking most of the bottles (still have about 2-3 left), I'm actually beginning to crave them. It's really nice to have a super light soda on hand (about 50 calorites per bottle and fillingness to match). I'm not so sure I'll be buying more because of the expense once shipping is added (I reserve $2+ a bottle beverages for 5-stars beverages), but Dry Soda is a great beverage to have on hand. I love grabbing one of them after I've already had my 'soda of the day'.

Page: 1 | 2