Profile for Hawaii Girl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hawaii Girl "Mom of 4" RSS Feed (Europe)

LEGO Ultimate Building Set - 405 Pieces (6166)
LEGO Ultimate Building Set - 405 Pieces (6166)
32 used & new from $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome basic set, January 13, 2008
I was surprised that so many things can be built with these legos. I didn't expect it to be so versatile. I loved legos as a kid, and this is the first set I've bought for my children, ages 7, 4, and 1. I like that the container is BIG and sturdy, so clean up is easy and we'll be able to add to the collection.

"Guidecraft 124-Piece Arabian, Oriental and Greek Wooden Block Set"
"Guidecraft 124-Piece Arabian, Oriental and Greek Wooden Block Set"

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your boring standard set of blocks, January 13, 2008
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought it for my 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old boys for Christmas. At first, they did not play with it too much. But a week after Christmas, after the excitement of the highly commercialized toys they received wore off, they began playing with these blocks. We live overseas, and they began to see that they can build things that look like places we've seen. They spend a lot of time quietly building things, and they get excited to see each other's creations. They call their old set of standard blocks "boring." I can see the wheels of imagination spinning in my 7- and 4-yr olds. The 1-yr-old is really developing his fine motor skills with the blocks. What I like about these blocks is that simple or complex architectural structures can be built, depending on age/skill level. Even I have to use my brains to build things.