Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Einar > Reviews

Browse

Einar's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Einar "Einar" RSS Feed (Reykjavík, Iceland)

Assassin's Creed II: Platinum Hits Edition
Assassin's Creed II: Platinum Hits Edition
377 used & new from $0.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't go for the perfectionstic approach, January 31, 2012
I loved this game. Until I tried to collect everything in the game. It was there that my interest started fading and ended up in frustration zone.
The game itself if quite good, the story interesting. If you can get this game at a low price, get it and start yoru AC experience there (skip the first one, it's just repetitive and boring in comparison).
Stick to the main storyline, maybe do a few side-quests, but don't go for collecting stuff like all the feathers (it's just not worth it). If you start feeling frustrated by this game you're playing it wrong.
While playing the game keep in mind you're playing to have fun. Some optional parts of this game just aren't fun so skip them if you're not a perfectionist.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Xbox 360
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $18.40
163 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter and Father Game, January 31, 2012
I've got an 8 year old daughter. I'm an avid gamer and the two of us love playing this one together.
I only see my daughter every other weekend and so I try and find things that we can both enjoy doing together and this game is just a perfect example of how parents and their kids can mix their hobbies and generally have fun together.
Before this I had to play Barbie with her so it was a major step up for a parent.

The game requires co-operation and communication to work together. You'll feel like a team and have a lovely experience. I recommend this game to anyone who has a son or a daughter aged 6+

Years 5-7 even improve on this formula but I still recommend finishing this one at least once before going for the second one (plus the second one is more expensive since it's newer).

This is one of those cases where a computer game has a positive influence on a kid, go out there and buy a copy of this game. I find it very unlikely that anyone would be disappointed.

Mad Catz Xbox 360 AX Pro Dolby Digital Precision Version 1.0 Gaming Headset
Mad Catz Xbox 360 AX Pro Dolby Digital Precision Version 1.0 Gaming Headset
4 used & new from $110.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty experience, January 31, 2012
I've had so many problems with this product it's insane.
The first one just completely broke down in no time.
The seoond one came with a faulty mic. You can't order a new mic unless you're from USA or Canada or 2-3 other select countries because only one store sells them.
It took 3 months to find a mic on eBay so I bought two of them just to be sure.
One of them didn't work.
A month later the center/subwoofer channel stopped working. Tried alot of things to fix that but the problem was inside the headset itself, not the plugs or the wires so there wasn't much I could do.
Since I already sent in the first headset for a replacement it didn't feel right sending in another one.
If you live in USA and can buy it from a place where you have 100% trust in refunding you I might recommend it since the audio is smooth and nice. Goes well with a good audio card actually.
The cord has a very annoying placement of a volume control unit.
In general I wouldn't pick this unit up again even at half the price it is today.
I'm waiting for the Razer Tiamat 7.1 even though it takes a while.

Locus Origin - The Never Born
Locus Origin - The Never Born
by Christian Matari
Price: $14.99
20 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising in many ways, January 31, 2012
I don't read a lot of books in general, the few I do are either school related or by an auther called Dean Koontz.
I was recommended to read this one by a family member. I bought the book but had it sitting on my desk for about a month before I even opened it.
Didn't realise that such a fascinating object had been laying there all this time.

The thing about Locus Origin (weird name) is that it doesn't seem to follow the basics that you're taught about writing a book. In most cases that would mean a story that's going nowhere, I've read such books and they're just plain old bad.
Locus Origin succeeds on this part however. It's as if the author isn't trying to push out his first novel in the same way that new authors do (stick to the rules but try and be original). Reading Locus Origin (I'll just call it LO from now on) is like reading a fictional story based on a documentary about a world that doesn't exist. It's fascinating and quite a fun read actually.
I don't like any form of spoilers in reviews so I'm sticking to exluding them.

I usually read reviews before deciding to pick up a book (or anything for that matter).
So when it comes to recommending the book I would say that it has an audience of about maybe 14+ and you'd have to have at least some background in being a sci-fi nerd to enjoy it. But if you fit the criteria you will, that's pretty guaranteed. It's strange and interesting and when I finished reading LO I was very positive towards it, hoping the writer (who doesn't seem to have written anything else as far as I can tell) sticks with this series and writes another book because I'm hooked and impatient.

If you're sick of reading the same old recipes for sci-fi/supernatural books written by the major players you should try this one out for a change. If compared to a computer game I'd call LO an indie gem.

Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
Offered by BLS Mart
Price: $12.99
69 used & new from $0.09

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty but lacking in soul, November 13, 2011
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (Video Game)
This game doesn't really appeal to me as a long time gamer. It's pretty and the unlock system (I love unlock, levelling up systems) is fair, not great. It's a bit slow and you'll often die without any warning in a split second.

I usually don't get annoyed at games but this one has made me quit a few times out of frustration. Teamwork isn't really there as much as I think it should be. It's starting to shift a bit towards the Call of Duty series in that regard without some of the things that make CoD good.

I might even say that Bad Company 2 was a bit superior to this one.

Another thing that annoyed me was how bad and inaccurate weapons were for a game that relies on large maps. You'll need to upgrade everything to be competitive. Your skills just aren't enough.
Camping is rewarded heavily and it's pretty easy to hide in a bush and take out alot of people without getting noticed.

Maybe it's the players fault for not being team-players (people don't even spot anymore) but I believe it mostly lies within the game mechanics.

I was hoping for something a bit more exciting.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
Offered by TMT[Thoughts Make Things] shop
Price: $26.31
121 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best free roaming rpgs available, November 13, 2011
This is the game that should have been the next in line after Morrowind. I didn't really like alot of things that were done in Oblivion that seem to have gone.

You just roam around and do whatever you feel like but still a story starts to emerge around you. Me and a friend of mine are having two completely different experiences in the game, feels like we're playing different games (both love it though).

It requires a modern computer to really shine but it's just good enough to warrant getting your PC an upgrade.

Skyrim creates a world that you'll never want to leave.

Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Laser Mouse 5600 DPI
Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Laser Mouse 5600 DPI
3 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Has it's faults, November 13, 2011
Pros: Beautiful, good feel to it, very responsive, good buttons.

Cons: Poor battery duration, sometimes seems to disconnect for no reason, right mouse button can pinch your little finger when you press it.

Overall I like the mouse. It took some time getting used to it going from Razer Imperator and I think I might even prefer that one.
Wireless mode has great response but the battery seems to have a very short duration, I'm constantly plugging the damn thing in due to it running out of juice. The problem with that is that going from wired to wireless (or the other way around) can cause some issues.. mainly that the computer doesn't want to recognise the mouse. I've tried numerous ports and it's the same everywhere.

Another issue was updating the firmware for the mouse (something that's mandatory since the original firmware includes pointer skipping and mini-freezing). It took a few hours getting the firmware updater to work. It seems that it isn't coded with Win7 in mind so you might need to resort to some tricks found on forums (holding down left, scroll, right buttons while plugging in the mouse).

I'm hoping that a new firmware comes out that will rectify some of these issues.
I really love Razer and their products but I was a bit let down on this one, but it's growing on me - even though I've given up on the whole wireless mode and just keep it wired.