Profile for madknitter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

madknitter "madknitter" RSS Feed (Memphis)

I Feel Love [Featuring Venus Hum]
I Feel Love [Featuring Venus Hum]
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love I Feel Love, December 11, 2012
Percussion is my favorite and this album is full of it. I also really enjoy Venus Hum. This is the album that got me started collecting their music.

From Cotton to T-Shirt (Start to Finish)
From Cotton to T-Shirt (Start to Finish)
by Robin Nelson
Edition: Library Binding
Price: $15.94
25 used & new from $3.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A great children's book, October 22, 2012
This book is a great book for children up to about age 8 or 9. It explains how cotton is grown, harvested, cleaned and spun, knit and sewn into a shirt. I use it for demonstrations with 3rd grade students when I spin cotton for them. I think it is important for children to understand that the items they use everyday have a history. It makes them appreciate what they have when they understand the work that goes into things, even in a mechanized society.

Collapse Weave: Creating Three-Dimensional Cloth
Collapse Weave: Creating Three-Dimensional Cloth
by Anne Field
Price: $22.47
42 used & new from $18.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Specialty information, August 19, 2011
The rating is more an opinion on how relevant this book is for my weaving than the quality of the writing. It is well written and many lovely examples are photographed. I bought it for information using energized handspun yarn. The yarn used for Ms. Field's class and the beautiful dress in the book are hard to buy commercial yarn used by the airline upholstery industry. I doubt I will ever use the information in this book.

Harrisville Designs Potholder Deluxe Set
Harrisville Designs Potholder Deluxe Set
Price: $20.19
10 used & new from $18.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Weaving, August 19, 2011
I bought these for my 7 year old granddaughter to use. They are sturdy and colorful. She needs a little help to get the last loop in and has a bit of trouble crocheting the loops off to finish the holders as the loops are firm and right up against the loom. We do this together anyway so I do the last loop and remove it from the loom and we have some wonderful together time. The nylon loopers melt when used as potholders. These cotton loops make thick, sturdy and safe potholders.

JVC FLATS Stereo Headphone - Wired Connectivity - Stereo - Over-the-head - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, August 19, 2011
I liked these earphones sound rendering and fit. Unfortunately after about 6 weeks the wiring didn't hold up. The sound in one earpiece started cutting in and out and finally quit. I tried to reinforce the wire so the sound worked which lasted another week while I ordered a new pair of headphones.

Carson LinenTest 5x 30mm Stitch Counting Magnifier (LT-30)
Carson LinenTest 5x 30mm Stitch Counting Magnifier (LT-30)
Price: $6.69
4 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Linen tester, August 19, 2011
The 5X magnification makes it easy to see stitches, TPI, angle of twist. Measurements in inches and cm makes it versatile. Just what I needed.

Swedish Glimakra Large Wood Umbrella Swift 12" - 100"
Swedish Glimakra Large Wood Umbrella Swift 12" - 100"
Offered by Creative Crafts
Price: $94.48
3 used & new from $86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Swift swift, August 19, 2011
My made in China swift was just too small for the skeins my niddy produced. This has such a wide range all my skeins fit. It also makes it easy to skein yarn without the niddy. It's a great tool.

Sportaid, Thumb Neoprene, Blue, Small/Medium - 1 ea
Sportaid, Thumb Neoprene, Blue, Small/Medium - 1 ea
Offered by Rx Clearance
Price: $8.99
9 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the PT orderd, August 19, 2011
With arthritis in the base of my thumb some days and nights I need warmth and support. This gives me back my ability to function and sleep.

Bodum 12-Ounce Coffee Press Replacement Beaker, Glass
Bodum 12-Ounce Coffee Press Replacement Beaker, Glass
Offered by MJH SALES
Price: $18.50
11 used & new from $14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars fits perfect, August 19, 2011
The carafe fits and works just like the original. My husband bought the travel cup to replace the broken carafe. It came with the outer plastic sleeve already broken. The second one didn't filter the grounds and they stay in the cup while you drink the coffee. I'm glad to have my good press working again.

Factory-Reconditioned Dyson DC 14 Complete
Factory-Reconditioned Dyson DC 14 Complete

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the best, September 6, 2006
I didn't believe what I thought was hype about this vacuum. I tried my kids vacuums first. It is everything advertised and more. I vacuumed with my 2 year old Hoover, then with the Dyson. You'd have thought I never had vacuumed. The carpet now feels soft and new, clean might be the reason. And I didn't have to scrub it. I like the hose length. I can do the stairs without carrying anything. I can vacuum the whole floor without moving the plug. I can clean the ceiling fans without carrying the vacuum up with me. Dusting is almost fun. Rugs that I had to hand clean now get a vacuuming. I spend less time cleaning and more time having fun making messes.