Profile for SPDMNMiata > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SPDMNMiata RSS Feed (Houston, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
PTXmas
PTXmas
Price: $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars I love PTX!, October 20, 2013
This review is from: PTXmas (MP3 Music)
I've followed PTX from their debut on The Sing Off. This album, like all of their others, includes amazing and ingenious vocal arrangements of classics perfectly performed by the 5 member group.

Tri Color Love Knot Cufflink
Tri Color Love Knot Cufflink
Offered by Fashionwholesalers
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, October 20, 2013
The cufflinks look and feel very cheap. The tri-color gold is very obviously nothing more than paint. I was so disappointed in the quality that I haven't even worn them.

Whitney Houston - The Greatest Love Of All
Whitney Houston - The Greatest Love Of All
DVD
Price: $12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Amateur Quality Video, October 20, 2013
I watched the first 10 minutes on Amazon Prime and had to stop. It looks like a 90s-era powerpoint presentation with a small selection of still photos repeated endlessly intersperested with radomly arranged facts about Whitney's life and then narrated like it was a "Where Are They Now" VH1 documentary. It's not worth your time or your money.

Hardware House 544676 Bristol 13-by-11-Inch 2-Light Semi-Flush Ceiling Fixture with Brushed-Nickel Finish and Alabaster-Glass Shade
Price: $51.47
9 used & new from $44.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but not worth the price., June 29, 2009
The fixtures, when finally installed, is beautiful. However, the instructions were almost useless. It included very general instruction which didn't necessarily coordinate with the light fixture I purchased. Also, the decorative round nuts that secure the fixture to the ceiling are difficult to handle, and impossible to secure tightly. And, now that they're tightened, I don't know that I will every be able to remove the fixture from my ceiling.

Overall the fixture is beautiful and inexpensive. Notwithstanding, it's still not a good deal. You get what you pay for.

Premium Apple iPhone 3G Silicone Skin Case + Full Screen LCD Protector 5 Color Options In Stock now

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made - buy with caution, September 18, 2008
The cover is cheaply made and ill-fitting. It does not stay of the phone well and provides little to no protection to the phone. If you want to protect the phone, buy a hard case.

JBL On Stage Micro Portable iPod Speaker and Docking Station (Red)
JBL On Stage Micro Portable iPod Speaker and Docking Station (Red)
2 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product ... even better price, July 24, 2008
This is my second JBL iPod docking station. I also have the larger version, which has better sound, but also costs more. I use the smaller one on my desk at work and it is perfect. The remote is also handy. I also love that it so much cheaper online that in your typical retail store.

Dead Man Walking
Dead Man Walking
DVD ~ Susan Sarandon
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $7.48
99 used & new from $1.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the Book!, February 23, 2008
This review is from: Dead Man Walking (DVD)
DEAD MAN WALKING is an excellent movie. Both Sarandon and Penn give tremendous performance. However, after reading the book, the movie simply pales in comparison. Much of the heart-wrenching detail Sister Prejean includes in her story in omitted.

Tamrac 5767 Velocity 7x Photo Sling Pack (Black)
Tamrac 5767 Velocity 7x Photo Sling Pack (Black)
Offered by Huppins
Price: $48.95
28 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion for a non-professional DSLR, January 14, 2008
The Tamrac 5767 bag is perfect for the walking photographer. I've used it for day-long outings to the zoo/park and found it competely comfortable. The sling design distributes the weight accross the back and shoulder, making it easy to carry my Nikon D80 with 18-135 and 70-300 VR lenses.

The TAMRAC website includes additional photos showing ease of access to the bag, and a diagram of the interior. It is very easy to access the camera without removing the bag (a big plus over the more conventional single-shoulder bags or the larger backpack bags). However, the interior is not quite as roomy as the diagram suggests. Still, I can fit the 70-300 to left side, place the camera with the 18-135 in the center, and still have room for polarizing/UV filters below the camera. It appears that an external flash (Nikon SB-800 sized) will fit to the right side, but I haven't purchased one yet to test it. The interior includes several moveable velco dividers which enhance its flexibility.

The exterior zippered pocket isn't huge, but there is room for extra batteries, memory cards, or filters. I've managed to squeeze a case for sunglasses in there as well.

The shoulder strap is adjustable, but may present a problem for larger users. I found it uncomfortable to wear the bag as shown - with the right strap immediately under the arm - preferring to let the bag hang lower and looser (the middle of the bag rests near my waist). I am average size and height (5'10" 195lbs) and the strap is completly extended.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 [OLD VERSION]
Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 [OLD VERSION]
5 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for editing, but Picasa still rules as a photo organizer, January 10, 2008
I am an amateur photographer and a casual Photoshop Elements user. I have done minimal touch-ups since acquiring Elements several weeks ago. However, I have used it enough to know that Google's free Picasa program still rules for photo organization. I appreciate Elements auto-add feature that recognizes when I insert the memory card from my dslr and allows me to create and name folders and subfolders, and rename/number my pictures in various formats.

However, when viewing the photos, it displays them all by date and time taken. It does not divide the photos by subfolders (you must manually create albums). If you want to find a picture, say taken during Christmas 2006, the user must either scroll through the hundreds (or thousands) of photos, or use the search function and adjust the parameters of the search manually. In Picasa, there is a list of folders on the left separated by year and organized by date. Just go to 2006 and find "Christmas" at the end, just before 2007. I.e., no need to scroll or enter search terms.

Also, displaying the photos by date and time taken will combine ALL the photos. This is not a problem until there are photos from multiple photographers (i.e., photos from both my dslr and my wife's point-and-shoot, or shared photos of the same event). Then they appear disjointed, instead of User A's photos, then User B's photos, et cetera. There may be a way around this, but I haven't found it (though I haven't really looked).

For my personal use I import and file my photos through Elements's auto-add feature, then open Picasa and let it auto-organize for more user-friendly viewing. When I start editing, I go back to Elements and its superb interface and user controls.

Overall, Photoshop Elements is a great product and a reasonable value. It offers exceptional photo editing capabilities including the most useful features from the full version of Photoshop. However, they need to take a few cues from google and improve the functionality of their organization feature.

NOTE: Picasa also provides basic, easy-to-use editing tools. If you just want to crop, minimize red-eye, et cetera, try [...] (its FREE!) before you spend money on editing software.

The Digital Photography Book
The Digital Photography Book
by Scott Kelby
141 used & new from $2.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info if you can stand his annoying schtick, January 6, 2008
I second the opinion of Brien Malone (San Diego, CA), "Good info, but Kelby's "fooled ya!" sense of humor is a NUISSANCE," December 9, 2006.

Scott writes with a very matter-of-fact style that gives the reader only the information needed. He doesn't attempt a dissertation or get bogged down in the minutia.

He does, however, attempt humor, which is both annoying and distracting. In fact, there are several paragraphs where he pretends to explain something only to add a jovial "just kidding" at the end. My time is valuable; I'm reading a photography book to learn how to take better photos, not indulge Mr. Kelby's poor attempts at being funny.

Notwithstanding, the information is concise and I will most likely purchase his newest book, Digital Photography Vol. 2, in the future (i.e., when I can buy a used copy on Amazon for cheap).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4