Profile for SkinDiver > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SkinDiver RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lighting EVER 3 Watt Super Bright LED Flashlight, CREE LED, 15 Hours Runtime
Lighting EVER 3 Watt Super Bright LED Flashlight, CREE LED, 15 Hours Runtime

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Low Cost Light I've come Across so far, October 29, 2013
I'm sort of a flashlight "nut" and have many various brands but I came across this and thought it would be a good gift for stocking stuffers so I ordered one to try out. Don't get me wrong, you will not find the fit and finish of Fenix, Nitecore, Etc. here but it is solidly contstructed and should be acceptable to most given the price point.

The output is a nice "white" color temperature and the beam is very focused and tight so this may not be the best for up close lighting say walking at night. The beam however, will throw very far given it's focused beam which is why I actually like it.

As a basic light, there are no modes, strobes, or SOS functions but a simple click "on" click "off" interface which is fine. The materials are what you would expect for the price range but overall I am very pleased with the tight beam and output.

Overall I was pleased and did purchase a few more to use as stocking stuffers or gifts to those who don't buy flashlights and I also have one in the garage for use around the house. Another added bonus is that the light actually comes with (3) albeit cheap "C" batteries but this is great for a gift as the recipient can play with it straight out of the box!

Great for kids too so long as they don't shine it into neighbors houses!

Sunwayman T40CS Cree XM-L U2 Long Shot LED Flashlight, Black
Sunwayman T40CS Cree XM-L U2 Long Shot LED Flashlight, Black
Price: $90.16
7 used & new from $89.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light for those looking for a dedicated "thrower", October 28, 2013
As most consumers looking at these lights, I am a flash-a-holic with many lights from Klarus, Jetbeam, Fenix, Terralux, ITP, etc. etc. etc. I love the Klarus XT20 for it's plentiful white "floody" light but needed a good light that would throw a narrower beam. After exhaustive research I was "almost" ready to make the jump to rechargeable 18650 batteries and a light with multi-LED's like the Nitecore Tiny Monsters or Fenix TK75..."almost". I just couldn't commit to the 18650 mega lumen variants yet as I don't really have a need for it other than the "cool" factor. So, my research led me to either the Klarus XT30 or the Sunwayman T40CS...due to minor spec differences and a slightly lower cost, I went with the T40CS and I am very pleased so far. As Scottb mentioned in his review, my T40CS also came labeled with XML-U3 specs so this may be a newer updated version compared to the U2 version.

Physically, the T40CS is almost identical in height to the Klarus XT20, both use 4-CR123's (or two 18650), both spec. out at near or above 1000 lumens, and both are perfect in fit and finish. The main difference though is the head/lens designs between the two. The Klarus XT20 uses (2) XM-L U2 LED'S in separate/small/shallower reflectors side-by-side while the T40CS uses one large and deep reflector to help it throw farther. I just tested both side by side against a building approximately 100 to 150 yards and here are my initial findings:

1) The XT20 lights up a very large area with a large hotspot and very even light distribution; the building and entire surrounding area were lit up nicely and brightly.
2) The T40CS does have a large spill to light up the periphery nicely but has a very small hotspot; the surrounding area was still lit up to a lesser degree than the XT20 but the hotspot really showed up as a focused circle.
3) Given the tight hotspot of the T40CS, I would dare to say that it would throw farther if I had further distance to truly test it's range.

Overall both lights perform perfectly, should suit anyone's needs, and put a smile on your face...if you need a dedicated thrower, the T40CS will surely please...I will definitely try both during night fishing and expect the flood of the XT20 to be helpful scanning the rocks or lighting the path while the T40CS would make an excellent light to light up the line or pinpoint a fish nearing shore....both should have a definite purpose and I can only imagine how pleased I will be once I try them out.

FEIT Electric 500 Lumens High Performance LED Flashlights, 2-Pack
FEIT Electric 500 Lumens High Performance LED Flashlights, 2-Pack
3 used & new from $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-purpose LED flashlight, September 8, 2013
I admit to having a flashlight "problem" and similar to other reviewers, I just had to pick this double pack up from our local Cst-co for a try. These lights are great as all around lights for an automobile or just to have around the house. The units feel solidly built and the focusing ability may be helpful in certain situations but I love the extra "wide/even" round beam pattern the most as this lights up a huge area in front of you while hiking or walking at night. Color output is also nice without being overly "white". I have numerous lights from Fenix, Jetbeam, Klarus, etc. that do have advantages over these lights but those brands all come at a very high premium (pricey "special" batteries or prices that can range from 3-4x in price).

I've found this to be my first go-to light for general around the house use as it offers a great bright light and C-batteries are very inexpensive compared to the specialty type of batteries in other lights. I would recommend these lights for household, automotive, or preparedness kits as the output, multiple modes, and use of everyday C-batteries make it the ideal general purpose "bright" light. I am hoping these are still in stock come December as well as these would make great gifts!

GGS Optical Glass DSLR LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D7000
GGS Optical Glass DSLR LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D7000
Offered by Global_omo
Price: $11.37
10 used & new from $6.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product to protect your screens, September 5, 2013
Decided to give this a try after reading the reviews and found this to be a great product to protect your screens. The fit for the camera specified was perfect, installation was a breeze, and it just looks so much better than the OEM plastic snap on/off cover. It's easy to clean with a microfiber cleaning cloth and allows clear review of pictures and settings. I have not tried to remove these yet but I'm hoping I won't have to anytime soon as it fits and blends as if it was originally part of the camera body.

WakaWaka Power - Solar Charger, Black
WakaWaka Power - Solar Charger, Black
Price: $59.96
7 used & new from $52.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea and product to have plus your helping others, September 5, 2013
This is truly a great innovation for the intended use in third world countries where electricity is a luxury; the light output for the four levels is great and has a very wide beam pattern making this a good area light for smaller areas (don't expect this to light up your entire campsite etc.) I have charged this in the sun but it takes a long time to fully charge so I have been using a small micro USB charger OR a USB port to top the batteries off when they are low. I have also tried charging an Iphone 5 and Mini Ipad without any issues although just test charges so I don't know how long it will take to fully recharge a device etc.

Overall this is a great product for any hiker, camper, fisherman, etc. as the multi-use capabilities and small size make it an obvious addition to any kit or bag. I have used other fold-able solar panel USB chargers before with great success but this option with built in battery means I can charge at my leisure and NOT have to charge devices only when the sun is out. The added benefit of supporting a product that is supposedly helping those in need across the globe is also an added benefit to the investment of purchasing a unit.

Life Gear LG444 Glow LED Spotlight with CFL Lantern and Emergency Flasher, Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive option for preparedness kits, September 5, 2013
Purchased this to give it a try as an alternative to bigger battery lanterns and I am very pleased. Overall construction is good but don't expect armor-toughness as the plastic walls are on the thin side...my light had a small crack on the side upon receipt but as I'm not planning to use this in the rain I decided to just keep it to avoid returning it. The light output of the flood light is pretty bright; not the 200+ lumens from Fenix, Jet Beam, Klarus etc. but for the cost it does have nice focused beam. I also like the other modes including flashing red, steady red, single and double flourescent tubes and I'm sure this will come in handy in a vehicle, boat, etc. where you need a variety of lighting/signaling options.

I have not used this unit for long periods but I have noticed that one of the flourescent tubes does not light to full brightness as it used to with new batteries; this is not a big deal as one flourescent tube provides enought light for a bathroom, hall, etc.

I like the light weight and option to use AA batteries instead of larger C or D batteries so this would be a welcome addition to a bug out bag etc. for light weight and the ability to carry spare batteries with ease. Overall a good addition for the price point.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 12, 2013
I've used many different brands and types of screen protectors before but this is by far the best I've come across. I have never had great success in installing these clear protectors without some tiny bubble or dust particle caught underneath so I ordered two (3) packs to be safe. The contents of this kit are similar to every other with the actual protector, double protective peel off tabs and a wiping cloth but the thing that made the huge difference was the addition of a dust removal tape you use prior to application to ensure no dust gets trapped.

Installation was easy, use the included cloth to wipe the screen, then remove any dust particles with the included tape sheet....I also used an LED flashlight held at an angle to identify any dust and surprisingly, dust would appear within seconds of using the tape to remove them...suggest doing this in a dust or wind free environment. This was not a big deal though as I simply used the included tape every time I saw a dust particle using the light and only applied the protector once no dust could be seen.

The protectors cutouts are perfectly aligned but you must follow the numbers on the peel away layers to ensure the protector goes on the right side down (the cutouts for the camera and ear speaker hole are offset as there are sensors to the left of these) so you must follow the numbers on the peel away tabs to ensure proper application.

Overall went on very easily and I finished two phones in about 10 minutes.

Great product.

Klarus XT20 Dual Head XM-L U2 Cree LED Flashlight, Grey
Klarus XT20 Dual Head XM-L U2 Cree LED Flashlight, Grey
Price: $132.98
17 used & new from $104.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Light, December 28, 2012
I'm sort of a flashlight nut with many lights from Fenix, Terralux, Jetbeam, and now Klarus. I own a JetBeam BC40 which outputs 830 lumens and just had to get the Klarus XT20 when it went on sale at another site during Black Friday. The Overall build is very high quality with thight fitting, well greased threads, double o-rings, nice knurling on the body for grip that's not too rough, and a really cool double LED head. the included case and lanyard are fine with no complaints from me.

The unit I received has one smooth and one orange peel reflector as others have noted. The rear switches are easy to access with instant strobe, and instant full power followed by additional clicks of the secondary button for medium/low/strobe. There is no memory so the unit always turns on at full power (this is my only gripe as I rather have lights turn on to low then you manually select high not vice-versa - but not a major concern).

The Output compared to the Jetbeam BC40 is noticeably brighter and whiter but the beam pattern from the Klarus' two smaller reflectors is more "floody" giving you a nice wide area of light. The deep reflector of the BC40 on the other hand has a smaller flood/area with a bright/small hotspot so I think the BC40 will throw farther at range. I have only used the Klarus intermittently for testing so I'm not sure how long the batteries will last but I am using normal disposable CR123A's at the moment as I don't have rechargeable 18650's yet.

I am constantly amazed at how bright lights like the Klarus XT20 are and I am very pleased with the Klarus XT20 on the whole. Personal preference will dictate whether you like the floodier beam or seek something that throws further but you can't go wrong with any of these mega-bright flashlights when you think back to how dim normal flashlights were a few years ago.

Sylvania Mosaic Flexible LED Light Kit
Sylvania Mosaic Flexible LED Light Kit
Offered by Tech Elements
Price: $52.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for under-cabinet lighting, December 27, 2012
I have been researching these strip lights for some time now as an alternative to the under-cabinet "puck" style lights as our cabinets to not have the filler strip to hide the pucks or any under cabinet light fixture. Found this kit at a local wharehouse store and decided to give it a try. Installation did require a "jumper" wire (found on Amazon) to "jump" over the stove to the cabinets on the opposite side of the stove. Installation was very simple and I simply used small strips of 3M Exterior Mounting tape (also available on Amazon) to secure the wire to the underside/back edge of the cabinet to hide it. The strips themselves mount easily to the underside of the cabinet after cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil or residue to ensure a good bond. The range of the remote is also very good and the colors, dimming feature, and other modes (fade, flash, etc.) are perfect if you don't want a simple white look. I do want to mention one thing to take notice of and that's the positioning of the strip near a wall. I placed the strips about 2 inches from the wall which gave it a nice blended look but in one area I had to mount the strip closer to the wall due to a paper towel holder so I can actually see the separation in the light as the strip is about an inch from the wall at the end of the counter. Nothing bad but it is noticeable if you place the strip too close to the wall.

Great buy!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 4:22 PM PDT

Bundle Monster New Magic Water Crystal Multi Color Mud Potting Soil Beads Pack - 100 Bags
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: $13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, November 24, 2012
Purchased this as a more affordable option to a small pack of beads purchased at a local craft fair. First off, I did find a couple of loose beads in the bag as others have noted but this is not a problem given the amount of bags and inexpensive price tag.

These beads work well and actually do not swell up as large as the ones I bought from the craft fair which I actually like! The beads from the craft fair swelled up to a very large marble size while these beads swell up to a normal marble size which is nicer in a vase. I had a small plant cutting that rooted in the beads with water and everyone raved and touched it...so I gave a bunch of bags away and with 100 bags to boot I still have a bunch left!

Definitely a great inexpensive option to buying single bags locally! These would make a great small gift if you purchase a base and add a small plant. Great product with many uses!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6