Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 350

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (MD USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
by Mark R. Levin
289 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Foundational Doctrine of our Foundational Documents, April 4, 2012
So much has already been written in these reviews - pro and con - that is quite helpful in determining the value of this book. For me, there was much value in reading this book. First of all you must know that I am not a big fan of books written by political pundits, be they republican or democrat, liberal or conservative, television or radio. This is not because I favor one party or ideology over another (I do; I am a conservative), but it is because we hear so much of the pundits to begin with that I really do not want to apply my reading time to more of their punditry. The one exception to this personal preference of mine is Mark Levin. He gives me much, much more in his written analysis and than what I simply hear from him on the radio. "Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America" delivers. As has been stated repeatedly in these reviews, in "Ameritopia" Levin delivers an direct relationship between the United States founding father and their literary mentors - Locke, and Montesquieu, and eloquently contradicts them from their Utopian counterparts - Plato, More, and Hobbes. He also discusses later literary and philosophical figures in De Tocqueville and Marx. The relationship between their philosophies and those found in our founding documents becomes clear and unmistakable in "Ameritopia". From there Levin demonstrates how the United States has slowing been slipping down the Utopian path over the last century, and warns against the path to tyranny. Readers may not agree with Levin's premise, but they cannot deny what influences were upon our founding fathers. Highly recommended!

Enemies: A History of the FBI
Enemies: A History of the FBI
by Tim Weiner
176 used & new from $0.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, and Better than Legacy of Ashes, April 4, 2012
Having read and enjoyed the highly controversial and Pulitzer Prize winning, "Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA by Tim Weiner", I was eager to pickup and read "Enemies: A History of the FBI". In "Ashes" Wiener was quite condemning of the Central Intelligence Agency and highlighted repeated CIA operational and intelligence failures (to the degree that it was slightly unbalanced in failing to describe at least a few of their successes), so I was expecting more of the same with "Enemies". To my surprise, Weiner took a much different approach. First of all, he is quite balanced in describing FBI failures and successes. Secondly, and more importantly from my perspective, the book's central theme revolves around the issue of the boundaries of a growing and powerful Federal Government in a free state. This is a very timely issue indeed.

For readers expecting a history of the FBI as it relates of mob crime, bootlegging, and other domestic crime issues over the last 100 years, this book is not for you. Instead, this book focuses in on the national security and intelligence gathering aspects of the FBI, which are significant and largely misunderstood. As such, there is a constant struggle to identify and deal with those hostile to U.S. ambitions and interests - be they communists, neo-nazis, terrorists, or any number of subversive organizations. In this lies an even greater struggle, how to balance the intelligence methods and tools for recognizing subversion and gathering intelligence without crossing constitutional boundaries. Needless to say, these boundaries were crossed many times by the FBI, often with Presidential authority. Franklin Roosevelt famously subverted constitutional authority repeatedly through FBI wiretaps and black bag jobs during World War. George Bush sought greater authority to investigate Americans in the aftermath of 9/11, sometimes beyond the bounds of the Constitution. Presidents of either party have tried to push these bounds, and the FBI has either played willing party or sought to stop it (as under the recent leadership of Director Mueller). These and many other stories are described in "Enemies".

My only quibble is Weiner's suggestion that the FBI might have recently and finally after 100 years solved this problem of ultimately defining the limits of power that the federal government and its national police force can and should respect. I suspect that could have been said at any number of times during the 100+ year history of the Bureau; but with time and new challenges to national security, those limits continued to be challenged. I believe those limits will continue to be challenged and broached in the future. This book gives a good history of how this struggle has played out within the FBI. Recommended!

The Original TUNG Brush - Tongue Cleaner with TUNG Gel Sample (Assorted Colors)
The Original TUNG Brush - Tongue Cleaner with TUNG Gel Sample (Assorted Colors)
5 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars TUNG Rocks!, March 29, 2012
I've had issues with my tongue for a long time. My taste buds and papillae tend to grow longer than normal, allowing bacteria to hide and grow, and causing bad breath. Normal toothbrushes are inadequate to properly clean my tongue, as they cannot reach as far back as I need. Regular tongue scrapers also do not seem to do much for me. So, when I first saw the Tung Brush and Tung Gel here on Amazon, I was a bit skeptical. But not for long! After trying this for a few days, I realized this thing works amazingly well. The brush is the perfect size and shape to reach toward the back of the tongue without gagging. The gel rinses off the tongue really well - better than normal toothpaste - and cleans well. After a couple of weeks using the brush and gel, my tongue was looking better than ever, and my breath seemed fresher and cleaner (at least according to my wife and children). Added to normal tooth brushing and flossing, it will go a long way to improving oral health - that has been my case for sure. Highly recommended!

The Original TUNG Brush - Tongue Cleaner

Price: $95.04
12 used & new from $57.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Practical, March 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was unsure if I would really like this hose holder when I ordered it, it seemed like a great concept, and it certainly looked good, but I was not sure it would really work as a hose holder. Rest assured...this products works great. I plan on using this on my deck once the weather warms up a bit. It looks fantastic, is well constructed, and will go extremely well with the rest of the deck furniture. This will provide a great place to store the hose I like to keep on the deck to water the flowers in the deck box. Really excited about this one! They advertise its ability to serve multiple functions - indoors and out - such as a magazine holder. I cannot yet testify to how well this works for that purpose, but I have figured out that the center post (which the hose wraps around) can be removed for greater storage volume. Highly recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2012 2:22 PM CDT

In a Dog's Heart: What Our Dogs Need, Want, and Deserve--and the Gifts We Can Expect in Return
by Jennifer Arnold
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book for All Dog Lovers, March 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We had just added a new member to the family, a puppy dachshund, at the time we received this book. So much of what it described in this book we have found to be true with our little puppy. I really appreciate the tone of the book...treating your dog as a member of the family that contributes and adds to the overall health of the family just as any other member. This is definitely the case with our puppy. While it does not go so far to treat your dog as a human...as many dog owners unfailingly do to their own detriment, it does describe the specific needs of our canine friends, and the rewards that come when they are treated appropriately. Highly recommended.

The Titanic For Dummies
The Titanic For Dummies
by Stephen J. Spignesi
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars You Don't Have to be a Dummy to Enjoy this Book., March 12, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic approaching, I wanted to add some books about the topic to our family room book table for the kids (and parents) to consume. The "Dummies" version of the Titanic is a very welcome representative. It is filled with lots of useful and interesting information and facts. My kids have truly enjoyed this book - as have the parents. There is a lot of material in here that I've not read or seen anywhere else. As others have stated in their reviews, while this is not a doctoral thesis or compendium on the Titanic, it is perfect for the purpose it was designed for - casual perusing and educating on this interesting topic. For that purpose - highly recommended!

Tonka Chuck Tower Racing
Tonka Chuck Tower Racing
Offered by foreveryourtreasures
Price: $26.95
3 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Race with Only One Car?!, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Tonka Chuck Tower Racing (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toy is definitely geared for younger children. I got this for my nephew to play with, but I am afraid it may be geared toward a younger child than he is. That said; the toy seems to be well constructed and durable. My primary objection to the "racing" toy is that is has only one car...one! How on earth can you have a race with only one car? Would it really have been that difficult to add a second car to have some kind of competition - even though the higher track would always win? This just doesn't make much sense to me.

3M Whiteboard Eraser for Whiteboards, 2-Pack
3M Whiteboard Eraser for Whiteboards, 2-Pack
Price: $5.99
24 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Erase Your Markings, March 12, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The sponges are fantastic! My nephew wrote with a Sharpie on a dry-erase board that my children play with, and I've never been able to get rid of the markings. These sponges did the trick. They easily take care of normal dry erase markings as well. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20