Profile for CMD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CMD "CMD" RSS Feed (VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
New Giant Inflatable Floating Island 6 Person Raft Pool Lake Float 15'-8"x 9'-4'
Offered by TheShops
Price: $190.95
5 used & new from $170.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but compare prices..., May 18, 2014
Decent product but with some structural challenges as noted. Also available via SAMs Club, et al, for about $160. Pays to comparison shop....

Cardinal Laboratories Crazy Pet Pina Colada Grooming Spray  8oz
Cardinal Laboratories Crazy Pet Pina Colada Grooming Spray 8oz
Price: $14.26
9 used & new from $5.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for bathing.... or as a garnish, March 18, 2014
This works really well after a bath or with my Pina Coladas. (Just kidding, don't drink this). If used on my large, incredibly smelly, incredibly dumb hound -- he smells good for a few days. Like a big ole Pineappely dog.... with long legs. Which, trust me here on this, is an INCREDIBLE improvement given that he's prone to licking himself... and then licking himself more. This pina colada totally erases the smell of dog tongue, and replaces it with the amazing Caribbean scent of fruit. When smelling my dog now, my children and I can almost feel the cool tradewinds upon our faces. But no, it's just our dog, Trouble, wheezing as he licks himself. But still, a very marked improvement.

Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control - Silver (915-000159)
Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control - Silver (915-000159)
Offered by BestBrandsClub
Price: $74.89
34 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Remote has changed my life...., March 18, 2014
Ahhh.... this remote!

I want to make sweet, sweet love to it, but until I got said device, apparently I didn't know how. (It turns out there is a button for just this activity!) It controls everything -- even the dog -- who no longer licks himself. When I push buttons children stop crying, the rampant and uncontrolled snow gives way to beautiful verdant vistas filled with lively blue skies, and a unicorn appears, as if by magic, with a (tinyish) cask of whiskey around it's neck.

With one button (1 dang gum button!!!!) I can turn on the TV, the DVR, and my Sonos. I think I can program it to order fruit plates. Good bye crappy FIOS remote! Good bye crappy Sony remote! Hello hot new Logitech girlfriend! And no, I'm not happy to see you -- that's my new Logitech remote in my pants pocket! I don't care if it makes my daddy bits fall off. It might be powered by illegal North Korean plutonium for all I care. This thing is **AMAZEBALLS** and it's all mine.

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus Wireless e-All-in-One (CM756A#B1H)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus Wireless e-All-in-One (CM756A#B1H)
Offered by Blizzard LLC
Price: $449.99
10 used & new from $136.45

1.0 out of 5 stars HP Printers and the "Paper Jam" of Death... (Avoid like the plague), April 10, 2012
I've had this printer for 14 months now and printed maybe 1500 pages during this time. For those of you contemplating an HP Printer, they seemingly are plagued by erroneous 'paper jams' that stop printer functioning. It's more than annoying, it often has impacted my small business during printing of invoices or paychecks. I've had the FAKE "Paper Jam" (aka HP's blue screen of death) twice and been able to fix both times by monkeying with the printer. Before buying ANY HP printer, please do a Google search on the model and 'paper jam' and 'poor design' -- even if you end up buying an HP product, at least you will go into it informed.

WHAT TO DO: Simply stated. Jam a pencil or other into the 'open' top monitor. This will fool the printer and you will see the clutch, a black object with a small white 'gear' surrounded by springs. This gear engages and dis-engages with several of the geared wheels that turn the paper, loading it under the print head for printing. There are several great pictures on the internet if you search on this model -- easily discoverable in 2 or 3 minutes.

Next Spray WD40, or (as I did) enviro friendly bike chain lube all over the white thing pictured -- in the clutch. It's about 1/2 an inch long though covered by the thing housing the springs. Using a thin screwdriver or other similar instrument and work that white thingy back and forth. (It can be tough because it's surrounded by springs, the cover down't open very wide, it's dark, and you have to have strong fingers)... work that white thing left and right. It takes several times.

Be careful not to force it. Remember you are countering HP's incredibly poor engineering. It's take them decades of tinkering to get to this level of planned obsolescence. Be patient, but keep working it. Each time clearing the jam on the display, working the white thing, spraying lube. At some point the printer will go through it's internal checkup -- meaning you'll soon be printing (again). At some point this will break/crack and you really will need to buy a good printer.... which is probably not an HP Product.

WHAT NOT TO DO: 1) Call HP Tech Support. You will waste hours (and pay for the pleasure) on doing things that you've already done, are inane (hard rebooting a printer, installing software updates, resetting to factory default). NEVER call tech support unless you are contemplating harming yourself, and probably not even then. In actuality a better solution is to call tech support, but keep them on the line as you ignore their advice and follow this. This way HP is at least paying you somewhat, and you're getting some satisfaction of sharing the pain.
2) Do NOT keep turning the printer on and off. It doesn't work.
3) Do NOT rely on this printer long term. Once this happens you'll never know when it will stop printing and you'll have to fix this issue --> takes about 15 minutes once you figure out what to do. But like a bad relationship, once it goes bad, it's irreplaceable. You're better off cutting your losses on your terms (e.g. when your toner runs out, when you there is a great sale at a competitor printing company, etc...).

I hope this helps. Clearly to portray myself as a content HP customer would be to radically define 'contented' downwards. I will NEVER buy an HP product again. Period. Full Stop. And as I own an IT company, while it's not a make or break sale for HP (and I stopped buying their servers years ago), I have to believe this repeated bad design, support, and customer alienation will impact their bottom line. At least I hope it does.

LG BD 390 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2009 Model)
LG BD 390 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2009 Model)

1.0 out of 5 stars Uhhh, other than Watching DVDs, finding WiFi -- it's wonderful, January 13, 2012
This Device worked great for about 30 days (since 2009). Then it stopped recognizing random DVDs. I was doing P90X and randomly, one by one, they'd 'stop' working.... but only on this player. Taking the DVD to my other player, the disk worked just fine. There are postings on the Internet that are replete with warnings about this player -- and they're all true. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I would further urge you to avoid LG. I'm tired of "simple" stuff like this not working, it's a DVD player, and you would think it would play.... DVDs. They really should advertise this as a door-stop, picture holder, or fancy light display, anything but a DVD player. Note: I just updated the latest, latest, latest firmware update... and it's still a doorstop. It's a real high-tech tech, firm-ware downloading doorstop, but it remains just a fancy brick.

The Back-Up Plan: Belly Laughs: Making the Back-Up Plan
The Back-Up Plan: Belly Laughs: Making the Back-Up Plan
DVD
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars This sucks, October 20, 2011
Please? Amazon is feeding us dribble masquerading as movies? Please stop this crap and don't waste our time. Pathetic. Why is Amazon doing this to it's customers?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 7:24 PM PDT

LD © Dell Compatible P703W Bundle Set of 5 ink Cartridges: 3 Black DW905 ink cartridges and 2 tri-color DW906 inkjet cartridges WITH FREE PHOTO PAPER
Offered by LD Products
Price: $32.99
2 used & new from $32.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great price... DOESN'T WORK, February 1, 2010
I ordered several these as I had a big presentation. Of course I tried one out prior and I didn't get any message -- and silly me I DIDN'T actually try printing. But now that I need it -- I've found the cartridge isn't recognized, and so the printer doesn't print. Believe me this is NOT a fun way to find out this fact. And there is no help or FAQ about it.

Save yourself the hassle. DO NOT BUY this.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional & Practical, but basic, January 9, 2006
The GARMIN 60 GPS is a nice GPS that is "base" no-frills model. I was able to plug it in, load the software, and start entering waypoints within 5 minutes. The plug and play USB port worked without a hitch.

The unit itself is very accurate -- although it took me 5 minutes to realize that I didn't have to wait and watch it synch with satellites each time I turned it on. The Unit's GUI is somewhat counter-intuitive - with 9 buttons -- some of which you hit all the time, others which are never used.

Entering coordinates does not appear to be possible (except onto the GARMIN software on your computer and transferring to the GPS unit), but this method works reasonably well.

The screen is fine, but not overly large (you should have 20/20 vision) and is black and white -- no color. This is not a complaint as the screen is perfectly read-able.

Battery life was approx 4 hours on 2 AAs. The belt clip and attachable hand-leash were nothing special, but utilitarian.

INSTALL: A

EASE OF USE: A

GUI on GPS: B-

POWER/BATTERIES: C

SCREEN: B

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, Book 1)
The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, Book 1)
by Robert Jordan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.15
355 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Excellent, January 9, 2006
Having read all 11 books to date, I have to say that THE EYE OF THE WORLD is quite simply one of the best books I've read and only one of the 5 books I've ever give 5 stars (along with Howard Zinn's PEOPLE's HISTORY, Daniel Boorsteins THE DISCOVERS, Stephen King's THE STAND, etc..) I mention these if only to provide context for what I consider to be excellent books.

The Book would stand by itself -- it is an excellent story of a young man, Rand Al'Thor and his two mates (Perrin and Mat) and how simple lads from a village quickly get embroiled in things that are much larger than them. The characters are compelling, the storyline is epic, and the action moves briskly.

Much of the knock on Robert Jordan is that his subsequent books drag on and on (they do -- his editors have gotten sloppy and allowed him too much poetic license ala Tom Clancy, Mitchner, Anne Rice, Robert Grisham, etc.... (all of whom can write, but need a strong critique rather than tabla rasa)). Regardless of the rest of series this book is singularly excellent, and after reading about 50 pages is an absolute page turner -- I still remember my first time reading it in college and not being able to put it down. Even now 14 years later it still stands on its merits, and one of the handful of books I bought as a paperback and subsequently bought a hardback version.

I would strongly recommend this book for an older (probably male) teen who is looking to be absorbed in something other than TV/Video games. That and books 2-10 are available in Paperback (As of Jan 2006) for only a few dollars -- so if you decide you want to dive in -- its still affordable.

A superlative and compelling read -- Well worth the $5-10 investment.

Lastly -- this book is so detailed and quick paced -- it will not soon appear as a movie near you -- as Jordan's story telling is particularly fractured (more so in later volumes) where he hops from thread to thread. This version is much more compact and focused -- and thus accessible.

Western Digital 320 GB USB/Firewire External Hard Drive with Dual Option Backup
Western Digital 320 GB USB/Firewire External Hard Drive with Dual Option Backup

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair Value, August 2, 2005
After having my Maxtor give me the 'click-click' of death, I swore of that brand and delved into Western Digital largely on the fact that my Dell has a WD internal drive, and their much publicized quality issues seem to be behind them.

It's only been 3 or 4 months but the drive is fine. It works, is as fast (or slow) as advertised.

Here are the negatives:

* At install my computer recognized the hardware, but couldn't assign it a drive letter. I had to right click on my computer, go to MANAGE, and then Disk Management and manually assign a drive letter. That's pathetic in this day and age of plug and play. It took me about 45 minutes to figure this out, all for no good reason.

* Dantz Retrospective. Somehow this company has cornered the market as the software for external hard drives. And its LOUSY! To describe it as poor would do a dis-service to poor things that work, but not well. Dantz will backup your drive, but to get it scheduled is incredibly tough and time consuming. Also it will not just back up your hard drive, but rather puts all the files into "catalogs" which are logical representations (of several gig sized) of your data. I believe it will work right -- but you can't verify this. (As opposed to having a file structure like your C:\ Drive, all you see is "Catalog 01" and you have NO idea what is inside -- you are trusting that it the software worked and your data is in there in case you need to restore. These have been issues with Dantz for years and they have yet to address it. Any hardware that has DANTZ is automatically docked several points. No software would be better -- as I manage my backups by hand.

In summation: Good drive, sloppy setup, horrible software. (But still much, much better than MAXTOR -- do NOT buy a Maxtor even if its free).

Page: 1 | 2