Profile for CMD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CMD "CMD" RSS Feed (VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Offered by KDAYI
Price: $7.98
141 used & new from $2.65

1.0 out of 5 stars I question if these are really Apple earbuds, or merely nice knockoffs -- fall apart too easily., September 17, 2014
These broken so easily... as to be ridiculous. The glue holding the 'ear screen' to the 'ear bud' part is essentially non-existent and so the front falls off, exposing tiny wires, which then also fall apart. These are likely NOT really Apple earbuds, but decent knockoffs. I bought a pair of earpods from the Apple store... and they do not to 'separate' like these do. (Again the tiny portion at the very top of the ear bud -- where it joins the 'circular' part of the earbud).

I bought two pairs... the exact same issue occurred on both. Buying one pair directly from the Apple store - I couldn't recreate this issue.

Michelin AirComp UL 700 x 18-23 60mm valve
Michelin AirComp UL 700 x 18-23 60mm valve
Offered by Trail This
Price: $8.85
15 used & new from $6.46

1.0 out of 5 stars "Buy this is you want to get good at changing inntertubes... like the Duke Boys", September 17, 2014
Waaaaay too thin. These things pop like it's going out of style. I bought 4 (?) and went through all of them over two rides (on my road bike). One occurred at the bottom of my standard bike path, which I hit at speed (~17 MPH), but have done so countless times with slightly thicker tubes. **PPOOOF** my tube literally melted. Another flat occurred riding over a grate (in the road) when I was hemmed in by cars here in DC -- but which has often occurred with no issue as I see it coming and slow down.

At one point, having only taken two spares, I was forced to repeatedly use my hand pump (which is fine for an emergency, but not for more than once or twice a ride, if that). every mile to keep the tube inflated until I could get to a bike store -- where I proceeded to buy several thicker (and competing) tubes.

Punchline: Only buy this if you want to get really good at changing tubes. Otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

Isokinetics Inc. Brand Balance Exercise Ball Chair - Red 52cm Ball - Exclusive: Office size 60mm/2.5" wheels (versus 50mm/2" wheels used on other brands) - w/Exercise Ball Measuring Tape & Starter Pump
Offered by Isokinetics, Inc.
Price: $79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars "Feet break too easily" but the company is wonderful!, September 17, 2014
**UPDATE 10/2/14** - I contacted the company (today) and they are sending a new base. I love the chair, but I would caution you that the footings (the feet) can break off much easier than you might expect. Also I had a great experience with the seller, they were very forthright, quick, and courteous, so that was nice too.

**UPDATE 9/22** - Contacted by company for replacement. Will update as appropriate (and it's on me to reply at this point).

INITIAL POST - The 'foot' broke after about 6 days. I wasn't doing aerobics on the chair, just sitting. I think I leaned back against the backrest. And toppled over backwards. I hadn't had a drop to drink... but after that experience, I felt like I had been drinking all day.

It's a fine product in general, but the weakness where the 'feet' meet the base is a concern.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2014 4:08 PM PDT

NHL 15 Ultimate Edition - Xbox 360
NHL 15 Ultimate Edition - Xbox 360
Offered by Purple Hydrant Games
Price: $63.99
17 used & new from $60.77

2.0 out of 5 stars "It's as if a drunken, non-Agile, non-hockey playing, development team built the interface", September 17, 2014
I love hockey, particularly console games, back from playing Sega NHL in 1994 (during college). As such I'm a frequent purchaser and have long bought EA games in particular (although ChampMan is an excellent franchise too). I bit back what was being written on various boards and decided to plunk down $60. I figured - - new platform, amazing new engine, why not? Boy I couldn't be more mistaken. It doesn't compare to NHL 14, or NHL 13, or even NHL 12.

The most startling absence is the lack of features. Things like 'simming to next shift' or 'coach feedback' doesn't exist, and while these might seem modest, their absence is a stark contrast as part of what you expect in games. Seriously these are table stakes for gaming these days -- and EA completely punts. Even less forgiveable are the lack of established gameplay options, such as the EA leagues. However even things like standings -- finding out if you're leading the league in scoring (or assists or what have you) OR where you team is, is difficult and frustratingly incomplete. It's as if a drunken, non-Agile, non-hockey playing, development team built the interface. It's the Lotus Notes of games. Very discordant and not at all flowing. Similarly you can't change strategy (e.g. two high, or 'aggressive' play) like you can in EVERY other franchise.

****UPDATE**** EA has published a 2 month (spanning Sept and Oct 2014) update schedule. While some of the above listed defects are addressed, not nearly enough of them are. And is proof that they released this game to hit time deadlines, not because it was ready -- because it's not.

Long story short? Save your money for NHL 16 (hopefully there will be other vendors to push EA to it's traditional excellent level of development). I can't, in any way or form, recommend you buy this. Or send me $45 and I'll send you my copy -- but you won't be happy.

New Giant Inflatable Floating Island 6 Person Raft Pool Lake Float 15'-8"x 9'-4'
Offered by ShopEasy Inc
Price: $202.64
4 used & new from $170.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but compare prices..., May 18, 2014
Decent product but with some structural challenges as noted. Also available via SAMs Club, et al, for about $160. Pays to comparison shop....

Crazy Dog Pina Colada Grooming Spray  8oz
Crazy Dog Pina Colada Grooming Spray 8oz
Price: $13.35
12 used & new from $5.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for bathing.... or as a garnish, March 18, 2014
This works really well after a bath or with my Pina Coladas. (Just kidding, don't drink this). If used on my large, incredibly smelly, incredibly dumb hound -- he smells good for a few days. Like a big ole Pineappely dog.... with long legs. Which, trust me here on this, is an INCREDIBLE improvement given that he's prone to licking himself... and then licking himself more. This pina colada totally erases the smell of dog tongue, and replaces it with the amazing Caribbean scent of fruit. When smelling my dog now, my children and I can almost feel the cool tradewinds upon our faces. But no, it's just our dog, Trouble, wheezing as he licks himself. But still, a very marked improvement.

Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control - Silver (915-000159)
Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control - Silver (915-000159)
Price: $67.99
32 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Remote has changed my life...., March 18, 2014
Ahhh.... this remote!

I want to make sweet, sweet love to it, but until I got said device, apparently I didn't know how. (It turns out there is a button for just this activity!) It controls everything -- even the dog -- who no longer licks himself. When I push buttons children stop crying, the rampant and uncontrolled snow gives way to beautiful verdant vistas filled with lively blue skies, and a unicorn appears, as if by magic, with a (tinyish) cask of whiskey around it's neck.

With one button (1 dang gum button!!!!) I can turn on the TV, the DVR, and my Sonos. I think I can program it to order fruit plates. Good bye crappy FIOS remote! Good bye crappy Sony remote! Hello hot new Logitech girlfriend! And no, I'm not happy to see you -- that's my new Logitech remote in my pants pocket! I don't care if it makes my daddy bits fall off. It might be powered by illegal North Korean plutonium for all I care. This thing is **AMAZEBALLS** and it's all mine.

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus Wireless e-All-in-One (CM756A#B1H)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus Wireless e-All-in-One (CM756A#B1H)
11 used & new from $175.00

1.0 out of 5 stars HP Printers and the "Paper Jam" of Death... (Avoid like the plague), April 10, 2012
I've had this printer for 14 months now and printed maybe 1500 pages during this time. For those of you contemplating an HP Printer, they seemingly are plagued by erroneous 'paper jams' that stop printer functioning. It's more than annoying, it often has impacted my small business during printing of invoices or paychecks. I've had the FAKE "Paper Jam" (aka HP's blue screen of death) twice and been able to fix both times by monkeying with the printer. Before buying ANY HP printer, please do a Google search on the model and 'paper jam' and 'poor design' -- even if you end up buying an HP product, at least you will go into it informed.

WHAT TO DO: Simply stated. Jam a pencil or other into the 'open' top monitor. This will fool the printer and you will see the clutch, a black object with a small white 'gear' surrounded by springs. This gear engages and dis-engages with several of the geared wheels that turn the paper, loading it under the print head for printing. There are several great pictures on the internet if you search on this model -- easily discoverable in 2 or 3 minutes.

Next Spray WD40, or (as I did) enviro friendly bike chain lube all over the white thing pictured -- in the clutch. It's about 1/2 an inch long though covered by the thing housing the springs. Using a thin screwdriver or other similar instrument and work that white thingy back and forth. (It can be tough because it's surrounded by springs, the cover down't open very wide, it's dark, and you have to have strong fingers)... work that white thing left and right. It takes several times.

Be careful not to force it. Remember you are countering HP's incredibly poor engineering. It's take them decades of tinkering to get to this level of planned obsolescence. Be patient, but keep working it. Each time clearing the jam on the display, working the white thing, spraying lube. At some point the printer will go through it's internal checkup -- meaning you'll soon be printing (again). At some point this will break/crack and you really will need to buy a good printer.... which is probably not an HP Product.

WHAT NOT TO DO: 1) Call HP Tech Support. You will waste hours (and pay for the pleasure) on doing things that you've already done, are inane (hard rebooting a printer, installing software updates, resetting to factory default). NEVER call tech support unless you are contemplating harming yourself, and probably not even then. In actuality a better solution is to call tech support, but keep them on the line as you ignore their advice and follow this. This way HP is at least paying you somewhat, and you're getting some satisfaction of sharing the pain.
2) Do NOT keep turning the printer on and off. It doesn't work.
3) Do NOT rely on this printer long term. Once this happens you'll never know when it will stop printing and you'll have to fix this issue --> takes about 15 minutes once you figure out what to do. But like a bad relationship, once it goes bad, it's irreplaceable. You're better off cutting your losses on your terms (e.g. when your toner runs out, when you there is a great sale at a competitor printing company, etc...).

I hope this helps. Clearly to portray myself as a content HP customer would be to radically define 'contented' downwards. I will NEVER buy an HP product again. Period. Full Stop. And as I own an IT company, while it's not a make or break sale for HP (and I stopped buying their servers years ago), I have to believe this repeated bad design, support, and customer alienation will impact their bottom line. At least I hope it does.

LG BD 390 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2009 Model)
LG BD 390 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2009 Model)
2 used & new from $79.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Uhhh, other than Watching DVDs, finding WiFi -- it's wonderful, January 13, 2012
This Device worked great for about 30 days (since 2009). Then it stopped recognizing random DVDs. I was doing P90X and randomly, one by one, they'd 'stop' working.... but only on this player. Taking the DVD to my other player, the disk worked just fine. There are postings on the Internet that are replete with warnings about this player -- and they're all true. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I would further urge you to avoid LG. I'm tired of "simple" stuff like this not working, it's a DVD player, and you would think it would play.... DVDs. They really should advertise this as a door-stop, picture holder, or fancy light display, anything but a DVD player. Note: I just updated the latest, latest, latest firmware update... and it's still a doorstop. It's a real high-tech tech, firm-ware downloading doorstop, but it remains just a fancy brick.

The Back-Up Plan: Belly Laughs: Making the Back-Up Plan
The Back-Up Plan: Belly Laughs: Making the Back-Up Plan
DVD
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars This sucks, October 20, 2011
Please? Amazon is feeding us dribble masquerading as movies? Please stop this crap and don't waste our time. Pathetic. Why is Amazon doing this to it's customers?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 7:24 PM PDT